• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

After many long loyal years, my next phone purchase will not be Apple.  My 64Gb phone has not had a music refresh for quite some time and after trying to do that discovered the cunts have finally stopped iTunes syching locally stored music to my phone.  It can only be done through one of two options "in the cloud".  So they say.

This is a deal breaker for me.  To offer Apple Music as a subscription service, yeah, but not to deliberately break the local option without my knowledge or approval, so that I have no choice.  Well I do have a choice and that is to sack them as my phone supplier.  That's it, they can go and get fucked.

1 hour ago, random said:

After many long loyal years, my next phone purchase will not be Apple.  My 64Gb phone has not had a music refresh for quite some time and after trying to do that discovered the cunts have finally stopped iTunes syching locally stored music to my phone.  It can only be done through one of two options "in the cloud".  So they say.

This is a deal breaker for me.  To offer Apple Music as a subscription service, yeah, but not to deliberately break the local option without my knowledge or approval, so that I have no choice.  Well I do have a choice and that is to sack them as my phone supplier.  That's it, they can go and get fucked.

I'll bet DFG has a super-cloud you could store your music in.  

Empathy Anarchy is just down the......

Wait, is there such a thing?

I didn't  have any issue when I went from my 6 to my 7 a couple months ago. I just had to download my tunes from the cloud to my phone. 

3 hours ago, hobot said:

Right here.

3 hours ago, oldgoatroper said:

phones are for phone calls -- stereos are for music.

This X 100

Cameras are for photos.

Oh, and get off my lawn.

5 hours ago, Streetwise said:

You can complain or you can read the instructions.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

You can choose to sync from the cloud or your iTunes library.

Not what this says,

"You can't...

• Manually sync music from iTunes to your iPhone: It's all done over the air now."

You are trusting a third-party ad-driven site vs Apple's site.

From Apple: "If you use iCloud or other services to keep your content up to date, syncing through iTunes might be disabled."

The correct way to describe the situation is that you can no longer mix and match between cloud sync and local sync.

Choose local sync with iTunes and rely on your local library. Make sure to do a complete backup of your library!

Choose iTunes Match and/or Apple Music subscription to sync your stuff the cloud.

Personally, I have a 120GB music collection, and I maintain a local library, with backups, but I also use iTunes Match to sync that whole library (every file) to the cloud. I also subscribe to Apple Music so I can enjoy new music without buying singles or albums. I can't fit my whole library on my phone, so the cloud sync manages all that for me, leaving me space to record videos and take photos.

From Apple, I would like more clarification about Apple Music vs iTunes Match.

I also have sixteen crates of vinyl. I was a techno/house DJ for a long time, and my Apple expertise drove my career. I keep local data and backups, but I also rely on the cloud. In my IT work, local servers and local data are liabilities compared to data mirrored across multiple data centers.

5 minutes ago, Streetwise said:

Choose local sync with iTunes and rely on your local library.

I'm listening with anticipation.

Where is that setting?

Seems to me that you can only do that if (as you are) you are subscribed to either iTunes Match or Apple Music.

14 hours ago, hobot said:

NO there's not.  But Randumb actually needs to find "Dumbass Anarchy", which is up on the 7th floor and down the hall from the elevators.  

5 hours ago, Streetwise said:

You are trusting a third-party ad-driven site vs Apple's site.

From Apple: "If you use iCloud or other services to keep your content up to date, syncing through iTunes might be disabled."

The correct way to describe the situation is that you can no longer mix and match between cloud sync and local sync.

Choose local sync with iTunes and rely on your local library. Make sure to do a complete backup of your library!

Choose iTunes Match and/or Apple Music subscription to sync your stuff the cloud.

Personally, I have a 120GB music collection, and I maintain a local library, with backups, but I also use iTunes Match to sync that whole library (every file) to the cloud. I also subscribe to Apple Music so I can enjoy new music without buying singles or albums. I can't fit my whole library on my phone, so the cloud sync manages all that for me, leaving me space to record videos and take photos.

From Apple, I would like more clarification about Apple Music vs iTunes Match.

I also have sixteen crates of vinyl. I was a techno/house DJ for a long time, and my Apple expertise drove my career. I keep local data and backups, but I also rely on the cloud. In my IT work, local servers and local data are liabilities compared to data mirrored across multiple data centers.

Don't confuse him. He is not intelligent enough to be one of us.

Looks like my claims are correct apparently.  I already knew the need for iTunes Match, that's the problem not the solution.

My claim is that local syching is disabled if a cloud account (either of the two) is not used. I was not informed of what is a major change.  At the same time, features in Settings that used to allow user management of music content has been removed.

Of course the strategy is to move every user into an annual subscription service and pay for something that is currently free.  My Music Library is here, I have no intention of housing it at heir place.

FucK Apple.  Apple can go and get fucked.

Just now, dorado said:

So be it. The spirits have spoken. 

Your new indian name is Fuck Apple. 

Sounds almost Boothian.

I've already begun calling people fuck apples. No one has questioned it, I have heard 2 other people use the term when describing people who don't fully read instructions. 

I don't trust iCloud, I heard it's haunted.

I don't have s single copy of Windows in da house.

On 6/9/2017 at 4:31 AM, random said:

I've never liked anything Apple.

Devices or Stock

Apple sucks big donkey dicks

On 6/9/2017 at 11:38 PM, oldgoatroper said:

phones are for phone calls -- stereos are for music.

What the fuck is a stereo? 

5 hours ago, Jammer Six said:

You will.

No I won't.  I just won't have any iOS devices.

17 hours ago, dorado said:

Randumb Fuck Apple.  That has a nice ring to it.  RFA for short........

This is what I am avoiding.

On a basic level, I don’t have a music collection anymore because Apple made it too hard and frustrating to maintain one.

Last week, an astonishing blog post by a man named James Pinkstone circulated on social media. In it, Pinkstone claimed that he had lost 20 years’ worth of music files as a result of signing up for Apple Music; as he explained it, the service had hoovered up the collection of MP3 and WAV files he had been keeping in his iTunes library and replaced them with streaming versions that lived in an Apple-owned cloud. The original files, as Pinkstone understood it, had been deleted off his computer in the process. To his surprise, when he called Apple Support to find out what happened and how to fix it, he was told that this was exactly how Apple Music—the company’s year-old streaming service—was supposed to work.

I dIdn't ask for or need approval or agreement. Don't give a fuck what you think.  I made a statement, that you have thought was a question.  Try to keep up.

What they have done is deceptive and misleading.  It is clear from the first iTunes and iOS update that contained iCloud functionality that they had a long-term strategy to suck everything into the cloud, but did not claim that.  Then an absolutely major change to how users can use the significant investment in time an money that is their music collections, they remove the ability to hold it and manage it locally.  Fuck Apple.

Go play and enjoy your cloud, make sure your protection money is paid up so you can still listen to your own music.

2 hours ago, Chum said:

So it's ok for the kids to die, but you're indignant that Apple moved your digital files around?

No it's not ok for the kids to die, you let that happen?  Why did the US government allow this to happen? 

But I hear that Trump is going to fix that shit ... how's that going BTW?

7 hours ago, Jammer Six said:

I agree, you have no choice. No more Apple for you. It's the right decision, we're all behind you.

No more Apple for YOU

soup-nazi.jpg

So has Trump made Apple give the contracts to American Companies?  Insisted on Made in USA?

WTF!

2 hours ago, Chum said:

Mr. Fuckapple?

I started this thread to draw attention to Apple withdrawing my ability to manage my music library with out fully and adequately informing me. 

If you can carry that torch for me into all other threads by using Mr. Fuckapple, that would be fucking awesome.

Thanks in advance.

On 6/10/2017 at 8:18 AM, dorado said:

I call dibs on Fuck Steve Jobs.

I started this thread to draw attention to Apple withdrawing my ability to manage my music library with out fully and adequately informing me. 

Sorry, that's been shown to be untrue, and merely the product of your ignorance, furthered by a remarkable refusal to learn.

This is the way you want it, and we're discussing you, now, not Apple.

6 minutes ago, Jammer Six said:

Sorry, that's been shown to be untrue,

Nuh, the guy was using one of the cloud applications.  iTunes Match.

Typing is easy, backing up what you say can be harder for you.

Try to keep up.

Still whining I see - randumb (aka fuckapple)

"Part of the attraction of Apple Music is the ability to download tracks and playlists to your device for offline listening. This keeps the cost down of streaming over cellular data when you are out and about, and allows you to listen to Apple Music tracks when you are out of coverage.

These options are only available if you turn on iCloud Music - a service that mirrors much (but not all) of iTunes Match. You local library will be shadowed into the cloud and will be available to other devices. If a track is already in Apple's database then it will simply be copied in the cloud to your account, and unknown tracks will be uploaded to facilitate access.

Because Apple Music is a cloud based service, adding favourite tracks and playlists in Apple Music will add them to your collection in the cloud. If you don't turn on Apple Music, you don't have access to your musical cloud record, and the only way to listen to the music is to stream tracks while online. No offline copies, no playlists, and no bookmarks (just the struggle to remember your favourite albums you've recently been listening to)."

4 hours ago, random said:

If you can carry that torch for me into all other threads by using Mr. Fuckapple, that would be fucking awesome.

Thanks in advance.

mierda_de_apple--i:14138518563714138520;x:20;w:520;m:1.jpg

21 hours ago, Jammer Six said:

I agree, you have no choice. No more Apple for you. It's the right decision, we're all behind you.

Maybe he shouldn't use any electronic devices, including his computer!

Apple’s iTunes Is Alienating Its Most Music-Obsessed Users

"But, as Burton and others have discovered, many aspects of Apple’s software seem trivial until they’re missing.

One glaring omission is the ability to sync music directly with an iPhone or other iOS device. Some of the most serious collectors can’t pack their libraries onto a puny 128GB iPhone anyway, but for most, this remains the biggest thing keeping them trapped in iTunes. If you like your iPhone to stay synced and up to date, you have to stick with Apple."

Fuck Apple

On 6/11/2017 at 7:45 PM, random said:

So has Trump made Apple give the contracts to American Companies?  Insisted on Made in USA?

WTF!

Aren't they made by robots?

Never install an apple or facebook app on your phone. They will try to take over everything.
My wife has more problems with messaging after FB was installed.

2 hours ago, Chum said:

Hey Fuckapple, do you have a source for anything you whine about, or is it all from the dark web? 

Hey Chummy, do you know how to click on an underlined link or are as technically fucking ignorant as I suspected?

You got a reputable source for those claims?

7 minutes ago, Chum said:

You mean about the dead Chinese kids who made your phone?

Yeah, and the

2 hours ago, Chum said:

anti Apple bias is well known. Samuel Newhouse is well known fascist.

Standing by on channel 16.

On 6/11/2017 at 4:51 AM, Sportboat Jeff said:

Randumb Fuck Apple.  That has a nice ring to it.  RFA for short........

Fucking military types and their acronyms...