It would make a better urinal than a sink

On 6/25/2017 at 8:59 AM, austin1972 said:

Oh, come on. That's cool as hell!

attachment.jpg

Still fugly though. 

1 hour ago, chester said:

Oh man!

attachment-1.jpg

Solution to a problem that nobody had.........

On 6/23/2017 at 6:58 PM, Mark K said:

article-2301976-1901299E000005DC-876_634

DUDE!!!

I'm glad I didn't see this photo when I was a teenager. I thought I was cool sitting on the hood and steering thru the window. OTOH I wonder if any of these guys climbed out the window of one car and into another while going 60 or so down te hiway.

Hmmm. On second thought yeah they probably did.......

-DSK

Who's holding the beer?

No wonder they're always so pissed off............that music is enough to make you want to shoot someone..............

4 minutes ago, Point Break said:

No wonder they're always so pissed off............that music is enough to make you want to shoot someone..............

Yeah, true.... but holy shit, they've got balls!!

-DSK

More like they've got stupid.

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

DUDE!!!

I'm glad I didn't see this photo when I was a teenager. I thought I was cool sitting on the hood and steering thru the window. OTOH I wonder if any of these guys climbed out the window of one car and into another while going 60 or so down te hiway.

Hmmm. On second thought yeah they probably did.......

-DSK

In SA they don't have that last safety-check of having to find someone willing to hold your beer. 

On 6/26/2017 at 2:34 PM, Mark K said:

attachment.jpg

Still fugly though. 

Here's another choice.

FB_IMG_1499047286326.jpg

On 6/22/2017 at 1:08 AM, Chum said:

imagejpg1_zpscde712bb.jpg

I'm going to hell for laughing at that.  :lol:

On 6/22/2017 at 11:56 PM, D.M.D. said:

attachment-1.jpg

Elephants!  Ain't nobody got time for that!

aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-viral-vide

On 6/30/2017 at 0:29 AM, D.M.D. said:

attachment.jpg

Fucking winner!!!

39 minutes ago, Derek Grebe said:

camel-330x218.jpg

racing lycras for camels

HA!

11 hours ago, Frers381 said:

18221528_1531992723526521_5731292396488656000_n.jpg

Love it.   See big water in the distance, city, airport, all looks the same.   

Makes you wonder if anybody cast a critical eye before they approved the ad or if they belly laughed and said "this will get plenty of air time" and pushed ahead, or if its just internet added "humor".

Years ago (okay, MANY years ago) we met with a salesman from a German company that made - among its many hydraulic products - hydraulic rescue tools...."Jaws of Life" type equipment. They were competing with Hurst and trying to break into the US market with their version - the Lukas tool. So they were meeting with large fire departments to peddle their product as an alternative. The name of the company was......well......check out the link. He was even wearing a polo shirt with the name emblazoned on the chest. Firefighters.......being no better, probably worse than sailors.....were snickering and whispering not very subtly as they looked over the equipment. He perceived that something was.....amiss.....and asked me. So I had the misfortune of trying to explain the US meaning of the word to him. His amazement at our collective lack of maturity was embarrassing. I felt like Bevis and Butthead................

Sometime in the 90's they shed the public affiliation with their parent company and hung onto Lukas Company as the name.

http://www.fag.de/content.fag.de/en/company/company.jsp

Sometime in the 90's they shed the public affiliation with their parent company and hung onto "Lukas Company" as the name. Frankly, its a pretty good tool.

FAG is a major bearing manufacturer as well.

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

Makes you wonder if anybody cast a critical eye before they approved the ad or if they belly laughed and said "this will get plenty of air time" and pushed ahead, or if its just internet added "humor".

Years ago (okay, MANY years ago) we met with a salesman from a German company that made - among its many hydraulic products - hydraulic rescue tools...."Jaws of Life" type equipment. They were competing with Hurst and trying to break into the US market with their version - the Lukas tool. So they were meeting with large fire departments to peddle their product as an alternative. The name of the company was......well......check out the link. He was even wearing a polo shirt with the name emblazoned on the chest. Firefighters.......being no better, probably worse than sailors.....were snickering and whispering not very subtly as they looked over the equipment. He perceived that something was.....amiss.....and asked me. So I had the misfortune of trying to explain the US meaning of the word to him. His amazement at our collective lack of maturity was embarrassing. I felt like Bevis and Butthead................

Sometime in the 90's they shed the public affiliation with their parent company and hung onto Lukas Company as the name.

http://www.fag.de/content.fag.de/en/company/company.jsp

Sometime in the 90's they shed the public affiliation with their parent company and hung onto "Lukas Company" as the name. Frankly, its a pretty good tool.

Point Break, it works in both directions, if I may say.

Being a Frenchman living in the USA, I saw on the road a van from a cleaning company called COIT. See their site there: http://www.coit.com/ Their vans has the name 4 or 5 times on the side, in big multicolor letters.

The first time I saw it, I almost bursted into laughter and lost control of my car.

In French, COIT means...

Sexual intercourse...

In the same vein...

I saw a pet grooming store in Houston where the owner was thinking of making her store more "upscale" (I guess) by giving it a French name.

So she called it:

CHATEAU LE PET

There is only one slight problem...

PET is a word in French and it means....

FART

Australia has the Mitsubishi ' Pajero ' 4 x 4 .....   

Google says :....  In Spanish-speaking countries, the Mitsubishi Pajero is known as Mitsubishi Montero. It was first named Pajero after the pampas cat (leopardus pajeros), but the name was soon dropped, because it indeed means something entirely different in many Spanish-speaking countries ...

BBC - Languages - Your Say - Weird words - Spanish - Mitsubishi ...

www.bbc.co.uk/languages/yoursay/weird_words/spanish/mitsubishi_driven_by_.shtml

pajero

masculine noun, feminine

1. (vulgar, en sentido sexual) tosser (vulg), wanker (vulg)
  2. (Central America, informal, = mentiroso) liar
  3. (Central America, = fontanero) plumber

adjective

(Central America, informal)
  1. (= mentiroso) fibbing (inf)

One of my favourites is a line of appliances called SMEG.

Just the thing for fans of Red Dwarf.

1 hour ago, Laurent said:

Being a Frenchman living in the USA, I saw on the road a van from a cleaning company called COIT. See their site there: http://www.coit.com/ Their vans has the name 4 or 5 times on the side, in big multicolor letters.

The first time I saw it, I almost bursted into laughter and lost control of my car.

In French, COIT means...

Sexual intercourse...

Oh I have NO doubt those sort of moments are common in all countries. I have had my own other moments during my travels. For instance.....in England "French Toast" is "Eggy Bread". Who knew.......when we hiked across Northern England (Coast to Coast) in 2013 we were craving some french toast each morning because we were really getting tired of the traditional english breakfast day after day after day......they would just look at us puzzled and offer the english breakfast again. FINALLY one morning in Grassmere Mrs. PB asked and then explained what it was. The guy said "oh you mean eggy bread. Sure, we have that". Then when she asked for maple syrup to put on top we got "that look" again! :lol:

Don't tell a British lass that she has a cute fanny, because it's not her rump in Brit slang, it means her vagina!

But you can offer to knock her up.

It means wake her up with a knock on her bedroom door.

A classic 'lecture' from a Saudi Cleric, visiting the UAE

This happened at the same time that the UAE announced its Mars mission.......

9 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

One of my favourites is a line of appliances called SMEG.

Just the thing for fans of Red Dwarf.

Yeah, I laughed when I saw this in a store in Dubai back in 2012.  I had to take a pic....

Smeg.JPG

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want my dishes washed in SMEG. :D

On 7/2/2017 at 3:09 PM, Mark K said:

In SA they don't have that last safety-check of having to find someone willing to hold your beer. 

I never thought of that as a "safety check" but.................

-DSK

We had 3 guys retiring and grabbed them a cake for their last shift at work. The instructions for the writing were to "Put Happy Retirement and under that Tim, John and Mike".

This is what we got..........

e03b53ea.jpg

On 7/3/2017 at 6:52 PM, Laurent said:

In French, COIT means...Sexual intercourse...

That is funny.....

http://www.freetoursbyfoot.com/pay-visit-san-franciscos-coit-tower/

1 hour ago, artie_pitt said:

In case you didn't know......from Wiki......

Her will read that she wished for one third of her fortune, amounting to $118,000,[6] "to be expended in an appropriate manner for the purpose of adding to the beauty of the city which I have always loved."[7] Two memorials were built in her name. One was Coit Tower, and the other was a sculpture depicting three firemen, one of them carrying a woman in his arms. Lillie is today the matron saint of San Francisco firefighters.[8]

It's said the tower intentionally looks sorta like a fire hose nozzle.....others say it's more "phallic"........

11 hours ago, D.M.D. said:

attachment.jpg

Do you suppose the engineers considered 2 tons of water when they calculated the strength requirements?   

13 hours ago, D.M.D. said:

attachment-1.jpg

SWEET!

That melted ice cream truck is brilliant!