• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Uncooperative Tom

Twitterer In Chief

Do we have a first amendment right to follow him on Twitter?

In a letter they sent the president yesterday, lawyers for two blocked Trump critics argue that the way he uses his personal account makes it a "designated public forum," meaning that banishing people from it based on the opinions they express violates the First Amendment.

"This Twitter account operates as a 'designated public forum' for First Amendment purposes, and accordingly the viewpoint-based blocking of our clients is unconstitutional," write Jameel Jaffer and two of his colleagues at Columbia University's Knight First Amendment Institute. "We ask that you unblock them and any others who have been blocked for similar reasons....When the government makes a space available to the public at large for the purpose of expressive activity, it creates a public forum from which it may not constitutionally exclude individuals on the basis of viewpoint....The government may impose reasonable time, place, and manner restrictions in a designated public forum, but it may not exclude people simply because it disagrees with them."

It's an interesting argument but I think they'll lose because the government didn't make his Twitter account available nor "set it aside" so it's not a "designated public forum" for this legal purpose.

Interesting argument for sure... but I don't see it working. Just as the right to free speech does not entitle the speaker to being heard; I don't think it extends to a listener being entitled to hearing everything said.

16 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

It's an interesting argument but I think they'll lose because the government didn't make his Twitter account available nor "set it aside" so it's not a "designated public forum" for this legal purpose.

Sean Spicer Says President Trump Considers His Tweets 'Official' White House Statements

Jun 06, 2017
President Donald Trump considers his tweets to be official White House statements, according to Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
When asked at a press briefing whether Trump's tweets qualify as official statements on behalf of the White House, Spicer said that he "is the President of the United States, so they're considered official statements by the President of the United States."

From Time magazine....
I think the twit-in-chief, by declaring his tweets to be "official statements", made twitter his "designated public forum".

What???

"I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt?

Maybe shoulda thunk about that beore you did it, Donny. If your buddy tells you to jump off a cliff, tells you he just did it himself, it's fun. Are you just going to jump off that cliff, or are you gonna look at your buddy to see if he looks battered, bruised, broken, dead....Little things like that, or are you just gonna jump?

Good boy Donny! Now jump!

But Mueller didn't tell him to fire Comey...or does he mean the Sessions is investigating him...I'm more confused than trump.

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

But Mueller didn't tell him to fire Comey...or does he mean the Sessions is investigating him...I'm more confused than trump.

Trump's just making shit up, as per usual.

Seems the US Fitzgerald threads been shifted to GA

So 7 sailors missing an absolutely nothing on his favourite media platform from the commander in chief...

Shameful 

On 6/10/2017 at 6:43 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

Uh oh.

Maybe there is a first amendment right to follow Trump?

Phyllis Randall, chair of the Loudon County, Virginia, Board of Supervisors, banned Brian Davison from her Facebook page for just 12 hours. But according to a federal judge in Alexandria, that brief banishment in February 2016 was enough to violate Davison's First Amendment rights. The ruling, published last week, reinforces the logic of a recent federal lawsuit claiming that Donald Trump engages in unconstitutional viewpoint discrimination when he blocks critics on Twitter.

Charlotte Co Sheriff's Office Blocks Facebook Critic

Or possibly Facebook Troll.

"I can still see their page, but I cannot comment, I cannot like; I'm cut off," he said.

The issue is a bit different from the President's personal Twitter account. Still the question is, is that their FB page or our FB page? Or possibly FB's FB page?

This one takes the cake -

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

·

2h

Interesting to watch Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut talking about hoax Russian collusion when he was a  phony Vietnam con artist! ......

......Never in U.S.history has anyone lied or defrauded voters like Senator Richard Blumenthal. He told stories about his Vietnam battles and....

...conquests, how brave he was, and it was all a lie. He cried like a baby and begged for forgiveness like a child. Now he judges collusion?

Hard to believe that with 24/7 #Fake News on CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, NYTIMES & WAPO, the Trump base is getting stronger!

4:18 AM - 7 Aug 2017

11 minutes ago, Sean said:

This one takes the cake -

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

·

2h

Interesting to watch Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut talking about hoax Russian collusion when he was a  phony Vietnam con artist! ......

......Never in U.S.history has anyone lied or defrauded voters like Senator Richard Blumenthal. He told stories about his Vietnam battles and....

...conquests, how brave he was, and it was all a lie. He cried like a baby and begged for forgiveness like a child. Now he judges collusion?

Isn't it funny how he slams CNN as fake news, yet live tweets Blumenthal on CNN fake news?

8 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

So much for Kelly taking away his twitter machine.  Gotta suck working for such a child.  AN EXTREME, NARCISSIST, PETULANT, PSYCHOPATHIC CHILD...

FIFY, MATE; NO CHARGE!! 

Most of you seem to be looking for Sean's thread that has the same title.

That one is about mindless crap that Trump tweets.

This one is about whether we have a first amendment right to follow Trump on Twitter.

6 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I wonder if he'll claim that Twitter violated the bots' First Amendment right to follow him?

15 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I wonder if he'll claim that Twitter violated the bots' First Amendment right to follow him?

Only if the bot was incorporated.

• Like 1

And now McConnell is the target?

This guy (As that North Korean General described him) is completely irrational, and out of control.

I have no love for the senior Senator from Kentucky, and I think he probably deserves to be in the same circle of hell as Trump, when the time comes, but....... Trump throwing McConnell under the bus right now, ought to give everyone, not just republicans, or democrats, but everyone in the fucking world, a pause. This guy will stomp anyone who he perceives as any sort of obstacle to his greater good.

He's a menace. He needs to be taken down a notch, by the congress, by the courts, or by the people at large.

You know damned well President Trump is so thin-skinned and easily hurt that something like being upstaged on Twitter by President Obama likely has him seething.

Obama's Charlottesville Tweet is now the most-liked Tweet ever.

How will the current President respond?  You know he can't just let that go unaddressed.

On 8/11/2017 at 11:09 AM, Mrleft8 said:

And now McConnell is the target?

This guy (As that North Korean General described him) is completely irrational, and out of control.

I have no love for the senior Senator from Kentucky, and I think he probably deserves to be in the same circle of hell as Trump, when the time comes, but....... Trump throwing McConnell under the bus right now, ought to give everyone, not just republicans, or democrats, but everyone in the fucking world, a pause. This guy will stomp anyone who he perceives as any sort of obstacle to his greater good.

He's a menace. He needs to be taken down a notch, by the congress, by the courts, or by the people at large.

A notch? A NOTCH??

8 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

You know damned well President Trump is so thin-skinned and easily hurt that something like being upstaged on Twitter by President Obama likely has him seething.

Obama's Charlottesville Tweet is now the most-liked Tweet ever.

How will the current President respond?  You know he can't just let that go unaddressed.

A re tweet of a statement by Nelson Mandela....

2 hours ago, Scratchanot said:

A re tweet of a statement by Nelson Mandela....

At a moment in time where it was most poignant and relevant. Hats off to the man for having the balls to stand up for what's right when the current POTUS wouldn't.

Barack Obama
"...For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Nelson Mandela
16.9K382.8K1.3M

Barack Obama
"People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love..."
18.5K466.7K1.4M

Barack Obama
"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..."

IMG_4550.JPG

7 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

At a moment in time where it was most poignant and relevant. Hats off to the man for having the balls to stand up for what's right when the current POTUS wouldn't.

Plagiarism is plagiarism. Provide the citation or credit if you're going to use words of another person.

Remember Melania's speech and the fuss the LW nut jobs made? ^_^

13 minutes ago, Scratchanot said:

Plagiarism is plagiarism. Provide the citation or credit if you're going to use words of another person.

59954618f200c_ScreenShot2017-08-17at5_30_02pm.png.bbec4b0ae1f65b4ec2fea57c7aa2fc09.png

See if you can spot the issue on your own this time. Moron. :rolleyes: 

The public is learning (even more so) how dishonest the Fake News is. They totally misrepresent what I say about hate, bigotry etc. Shame!
1K8112.5K

Donald J. Trump
...and people like Ms. Heyer. Such a disgusting lie. He just can't forget his election trouncing.The people of South Carolina will remember!
2.3K1.2K4.4K

Donald J. Trump
Publicity seeking Lindsey Graham falsely stated that I said there is moral equivalency between the KKK, neo-Nazis & white supremacists......

4 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

59954618f200c_ScreenShot2017-08-17at5_30_02pm.png.bbec4b0ae1f65b4ec2fea57c7aa2fc09.png

Oh, it just leaves such a mark when you rip off the bandage and expose the stupidity.

11 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Oh, it just leaves such a mark when you rip off the bandage and expose the stupidity.

The only problem with exposing gutless socks as morons is the sheer level of leg-humpery that follows as they try salvaging their "pride" in one thread by stalking the one that mocked them across the forum.  At least TMS just disappears to lick his wounds.

28 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

The only problem with exposing gutless socks as morons is the sheer level of leg-humpery that follows as they try salvaging their "pride" in one thread by stalking the one that mocked them across the forum.  At least TMS just disappears to lick his wounds.

Then, there are guys like Happy Jack. He would fight tooth and nail to prove he was worthy, AND could be counted on to take a cruise when it became impossible to salvage any shred of dignity. 

Does this mean he's now boasting about nearly forgetting to do the precious little he does?:o 

Donald J. Trump at Camp David - The Presidential Retreat.

Today, I signed the Global War on Terrorism War Memorial Act: The bill authorizes the Global War on Terror Memorial Foundation to begin the Commemorative Works Act process to establish a National Global War on Terrorism Memorial on Federal land in the District of Columbia. Last day for action 8/18. #HR873

On 8/17/2017 at 0:30 AM, Bent Sailor said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoUo8MmtCDBQVT20-N_Xe

On 8/17/2017 at 5:00 PM, Bent Sailor said:
On 8/17/2017 at 4:45 PM, Scratchanot said:

Wrong quote bloke. You know that though.

11 minutes ago, Scratchanot said:

Wrong quote bloke. You know that though.

No. It isn't. It is the final in the series of tweets we're talking about. The full quote was too long to fit in 140 characters. Something anyone able to count above one hundred should have been able to work out.

5997dcf6ea27e_ScreenShot2017-08-19at4_36_41pm.thumb.png.8d7132a47a3128330b1978058f7a2ebf.png

Link to tweet.

Smart people would take the time to check if, just perhaps, they were wrong when someone posts proof they were mistaken. Then we have the gutless, idiotic socks that double-down on the stupid. Thanks for helping everyone see which category you fit into. Moron.

If anyone here posted this:

Steve Bannon will be a tough and smart new voice at Brietbart maybe even better than ever before. Fake News needs the competition!

Followed 3 hours later by this:

I want to applaud the many protestors in Boston who are speaking out against bigotry and hate. Our country will soon come together as one.

You'd think him very rapid cycling Bipolar.:rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Steve Bannon will be a tough and smart new voice at Brietbart maybe even better than ever before. Fake News needs the competition!

I want to applaud the many protestors in Boston who are speaking out against bigotry and hate. Our country will soon come together as one.

I presume those are sequential Trump tweets?  He has been bi-polar for decades, many of us were aware of that way back in the 80's, or before then.  Who else calls up a reporter, pretending to be his own spokesperson, regaling and bragging of his own dating successes?

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

He's just uninterested in superficial trivialities like "making sense". 

Has anyone got a recent photo of Trump. Like in the last week?

The new one on his twitter feed is terrible...he look thin, mean and is he sunburned or wearing rouge.

I assume this is a new one since he fired Bannon.

Nice to know that your president can multi task and has his priorities in order.

"I am pleased to inform you that I have just granted a full Pardon to 85 year old American patriot Sheriff Joe Arpaio. He kept Arizona safe!"

5 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Nice to know that your president can multi task and has his priorities in order.

"I am pleased to inform you that I have just granted a full Pardon to 85 year old American patriot Sheriff Joe Arpaio. He kept Arizona safe!"

He should send Joe down to throw some sandbags. Show 'em how it's done.

44 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

No gloating about the travel ban, no outrage about his bank records?

What's up doc?

Trump has pretty much become irrelevant to many of us.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump
More

This is your land, this is your home, and it's your voice that matters the most. So speak up, be heard, and fight, fight, fight for the change you've been waiting for your entire life! MERRY CHRISTMAS and THANK YOU Pensacola, Florida!

Who the hell is this aimed at?

7 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:
More

This is your land, this is your home, and it's your voice that matters the most. So speak up, be heard, and fight, fight, fight for the change you've been waiting for your entire life! MERRY CHRISTMAS and THANK YOU Pensacola, Florida!

Pensacolians. He was aiming for Pentecostals, but missed by a hair. Big hair.

18 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

not Israelis then?

Does he think he's being clever?

Cleaver. Ward Cleaver and his sons.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Cleaver. Ward Cleaver and his sons.

had to google that..does this mean I have to watch all 117 episodes to further my educatoin?

6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

had to google that..does this mean I have to watch all 117 episodes to further my educatoin?

Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night.

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:
More

Pensacola is  a Florida/Alabama media market. This way, Trump can claim he never campaigned in Alabama for Roy Moore.

IMG_4646.PNG

He's so sly, that Donald. Like holding a rally on the eastern tip of Long Island, NY. and saying it wasn't about the Candidate in S.E. Connecticut......

I just thought someone had swapped the teleprompt scripts over . It woud would be just like him to wish the Palestinians Merry christmas after last week,

Anything???

Donald J. Trump
Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!

45 minutes ago, Sean said:

Anything???

Donald J. Trump
Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!

What's he implying here? If he has something to say, why doesn't he just say it? Or is it that he has nothing to say, but he can get his (Nudge nudge, wink wink) message out, but by implying something he can say that he never said it?

I guess that works for his base, but I'd like to hope that the other 76% of the voting public can see through it.

26 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

What's he implying here? If he has something to say, why doesn't he just say it? Or is it that he has nothing to say, but he can get his (Nudge nudge, wink wink) message out, but by implying something he can say that he never said it?

I guess that works for his base, but I'd like to hope that the other 76% of the voting public can see through it.

The women on "Morning Joe" were totally lit up about it. They knew right away what he meant. 

Just now, Sean said:

The women on "Morning Joe" were totally lit up about it. They knew right away what he meant. 

Really hard to miss what he meant. If Rs don't start distancing themselves en masse, they are going to be absolutely crushed next year. He may be able to get away with a lot of shit, but saying a respected sitting Senator literally prostituted herself to him is not one of them.

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

I haven't a clue what he is talking about or even what he is implying. Can you give me the Cliff Notes?

3 minutes ago, bhyde said:

I haven't a clue what he is talking about or even what he is implying. Can you give me the Cliff Notes?

Implied that gillebrand would do "anything" for campaign donations. Hint, Nudge!

22 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Read this and tell us what you think he was implying -

"Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!"

On 12/9/2017 at 2:57 PM, Shortforbob said:

I just thought someone had swapped the teleprompt scripts over . It woud would be just like him to wish the Palestinians Merry christmas after last week,

If only there was a sense of humor in modern American politics:

“I was sayin’ just this morning at the weekly prayer breakfast, in this historic capital, that it behooves both the Jews and the Arabs to settle their differences in a Christian manner!”

46 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Read this and tell us what you think he was implying -

"Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!"

By "begging" are we talking about some sort of sexual favors? And what the hell does "USED" mean? I just thought he was murdering the English language by not knowing how to use quotes (again). Either way, he's just a fucking asshole.

9 minutes ago, bhyde said:

By "begging" are we talking about some sort of sexual favors? And what the hell does "USED" mean? I just thought he was murdering the English language by not knowing how to use quotes (again). Either way, he's just a fucking asshole.

No. It’s the parenthetical that implies sexual favors in return for the money she was “begging” for. 

10 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Nobody said that. (Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink!)

So it's fair to say that he is still the biggest fucking asshole world? Would any of our resident Faithful like to explain to me how this is in anyway acceptable for an official holding public office?

3 hours ago, bhyde said:

So it's fair to say that he is still the biggest fucking asshole world? Would any of our resident Faithful like to explain to me how this is in anyway acceptable for an official holding public office?

It isn't, they can't; thus the silence from the usual suspects.

I'm liking Liz more and more. Who thought our national politicians would be tossing around the term "slut shaming"

Are you really trying to bully, intimidate and slut-shame @SenGillibrand? Do you know who you're picking a fight with? Good luck with that, @realDonaldTrump. Nevertheless, #shepersisted. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/940567812053053441