Sign in to follow this  
Repastinate Tom

Twitterer In Chief

41 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Rapid fire of retweeting bigot/fascists/racists from the UK and assorted fantasies and lies  tonight/this morning.

Does anyone else occasionally smack themselves on the side of the head until they remember..this is not a dream...this is not a dream?

It's getting beyond surreal. 

At least you don't live here.

15 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

So, one day after calling for the end of hate and division Trump tweets hate and division...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-tells-orourke-to-be-quiet-in-wake-of-el-paso-shooting/ar-AAFsg6A?ocid=spartanntp

Everyday I'm more and more convinced that one must be truly stupid to be a Trump supported.  

Asshole can't help himself.  He Is hating this week as the shootings pushed him off the front page.  Attention whore doesn't scratch the surface.  

20 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:
37 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

So, one day after calling for the end of hate and division Trump tweets hate and division...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-tells-orourke-to-be-quiet-in-wake-of-el-paso-shooting/ar-AAFsg6A?ocid=spartanntp

Everyday I'm more and more convinced that one must be truly stupid to be a Trump supported.  

Asshole can't help himself.  He Is hating this week as the shootings pushed him off the front page.  Attention whore doesn't scratch the surface.  

Being asked to stay away from the city of El Paso didn't do much for his ego.  Hopefully, someone physically hands him a bill for costs owed from a February rally.

1 hour ago, Swimsailor said:

Everyday I'm more and more convinced that one must be truly stupid to be a Trump supporter.  

You're still learning that?

Most of us knew it years ago.

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

You're still learning that?

Most of us knew it years ago.

Yeah, it's the optimist in me.  

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Being asked to stay away from the city of El Paso didn't do much for his ego.  Hopefully, someone physically hands him a bill for costs owed from a February rally.

What are the chances we'll get one of these moments?

I'm guessing they'll avoid ANY chance of a meeting in public with photographers around.....hope I'm wrong though.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2012/01/obama-jan-brewer-heated-exchange-immigration-book.html

brewer.jpg

2 hours ago, Mike G said:

What are the chances we'll get one of these moments?

I'm guessing they'll avoid ANY chance of a meeting in public with photographers around.....hope I'm wrong though.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2012/01/obama-jan-brewer-heated-exchange-immigration-book.html

brewer.jpg

I need to go back and see the Twitter storm the President unleashed after that dressing down.

Oh, wait.  Wrong President.

23 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

Everyday I'm more and more convinced that one must be truly stupid to be a Trump supporter.  

I actually know some relatively intelligent people (well, smarter than me, so I guess that is the "relatively" clause) that are all in for Trump.  Those are the ones I don't understand.

What makes you think they are intelligent?

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

It is possible to be intelligent and heartless.

4 hours ago, bridhb said:

I actually know some relatively intelligent people (well, smarter than me, so I guess that is the "relatively" clause) that are all in for Trump.  Those are the ones I don't understand.

It's an age thing

EBdogA4U0AAzK1m.png

EBdogA6UIAAnSbm.png

I'm surprised it isn't higher in >65s in FL 

Get the kids out to vote and tell the old farts (I’m one of them) that Trump is coming after their Medicare and SS

5 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Get the kids out to vote and tell the old farts (I’m one of them) that Trump is coming after their Medicare and SS

He's already told them that - he was just too subtle for them.

They're too fucking dumb, ignorant or selfish to know or care until it hits them personally.

Like the Trumpeters who were stunned when their illegal spouses got deported.

"He was only supposed to do that to "them", not real Americans like me".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Well, a lot of them were able to get through engineering school, pass the PE exam and be successful in business, but yeah, you are correct.  I did qualify "relatively".  Most people seem intelligent to me.

Anyway, I think racism, religion, region, guns and business self interest (we live in a Republican stronghold) might have a lot to do with the not so blind support.  

1 hour ago, bridhb said:

Well, a lot of them were able to get through engineering school, pass the PE exam and be successful in business, but yeah, you are correct.  I did qualify "relatively".  Most people seem intelligent to me.

Anyway, I think racism, religion, region, guns and business self interest (we live in a Republican stronghold) might have a lot to do with the not so blind support.  

Engineering, typically, rewards a very specific kind of intellect.  Rigorous rule following is high on the list and can lead to a successful career.  Understanding the reasoning behind the rules is the mark of a good engineer.  Challenging the reasoning behind the rules is the mark of a creative engineer. 

I know a good number of very creative engineers who are almost shocking in their distaste for tRump.

Most engineers I know are good at what they do, but couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag w/o a calculator (now a tablet computer) and some test subjects.

Point in case. Visited an engineer friend. Another engineer friend is there. They are discussing how to move a 1800lb. total gym across the garage. They sit down outside at the picnic table and start talking about levers, and theories, and hypotenuses...... I tried several times to interrupt them, but they ignored me.

So I went into the garage grabbed the gym by a post and tipped it towards me a little. I gave it a little twist and set it down. I repeated that about 10 times and had the beast moved to it's new location. The engineers came in talking about rollers, and levers, and points of capitulation, and........ "Where's the gym?" Where you wanted it. "How'd you do that?" I'm not an engineer, so I just did it. Says I. (I'm glad I didn't crush myself on one of the tip/walks...... But we'll keep that part our secret)

3 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Engineering, typically, rewards a very specific kind of intellect.  Rigorous rule following is high on the list and can lead to a successful career.  Understanding the reasoning behind the rules is the mark of a good engineer.  Challenging the reasoning behind the rules is the mark of a creative engineer. 

I know a good number of very creative engineers who are almost shocking in their distaste for tRump.

Exactly - engineering is more technical training than education. A skilled engineer can be extremely narrow.

In a similar vein, look at Ben Carson - by all accounts an extremely skilled neurosurgeon but it appears to end there.

Education, training and intelligence are not the same thing - not even very closely related in lots of cases.

26 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Exactly - engineering is more technical training than education. A skilled engineer can be extremely narrow.

In a similar vein, look at Ben Carson - by all accounts an extremely skilled neurosurgeon but it appears to end there.

Education, training and intelligence are not the same thing - not even very closely related in lots of cases.

Take a closer look at Carson's practice history.  You might rethink that "extremely skilled" qualifier.

I am an old retired engineer.  I really dislike what Trump is doing to our country.  I really dislike Trump's character and personality.  I guess I did take some pretty esoteric non-tech electives.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

True.  My younger son is a licensed structural engineer. Works for one of the better known architectural firms in the world.  I tell people that his job is to tell his architects that the laws of physics do not allow their designs to be built.

He is a musician, a sailor, his non-writing English elective in college was a course in Shakespeare.  He is in his early 40s and doing less and less traditional engineering and more client interface, management, marketing, etc.

He has several Ivy League trained PhD engineers who report to him.  He says that they are better engineers than he would dream of being, but you don’t let them anywhere near prospective clients.  They have few social skills and have a hard time stringing three coherent sentences together.

Meanwhile, while we have this pleasant discussion, the Incredible Hulk of Twitter has been on a multi-day binge of rage tweets.  

Apparently there are both white supremacists and "other types" of supremacists that we need to be wary of. 

Helping the nation heal I'm sure.  

The most powerful man in the world, doesn't know how to change the channel on a T.V.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:12 PM, Left Shift said:

Meanwhile, while we have this pleasant discussion, the Incredible Hulk of Twitter has been on a multi-day binge of rage tweets.  

Apparently there are both white supremacists and "other types" of supremacists that we need to be wary of. 

Helping the nation heal I'm sure.  

The number of insane tweet is staggering.  All that "executive" time has to be used somehow, right?

28 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

The number of insane tweet is staggering.  All that "executive" time has to be used somehow, right?

He spends his days stuffing garbage into his pie hole and making up new lies. Over 12,000 and counting, according to the WaPo.

19 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

It's a distraction to allow his maladministering minions to demolish the government ... and hand over the spoils to their corporate co-conspirators

Acceptable addition, I presume.

A wannabe dictator who thinks he's God.  What could go wrong?

The Rightwingnuts are LITERALLY calling Trump God.  

40 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

What the fuck are "Highest Condolences"?

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 9.55.17 AM.png

Condolences from the highest of course! 

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:
47 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

What the fuck are "Highest Condolences"?

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 9.55.17 AM.png

Condolences from the highest of course! 

I am not a fan of the VP. But, his sober expression is befitting such a somber event.  I give him credit for that.

The President has no fucking clue how to express himself in an appropriate manner.  Remember "Happy Memorial Day"?

8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I am not a fan of the VP. But, his sober expression is befitting such a somber event.  I give him credit for that.

The President has no fucking clue how to express himself in an appropriate manner.  Remember "Happy Memorial Day"?

It is a great honor to be here with all of my friends — so amazing + will never forget!” in the visitors book at the holocaust memorial.

and no disrespect intended. But why does that casket have FOOT stamped on the end?

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

I am not a fan of the VP> . But, his sober expression is befitting such a somber event.  I give him credit for that.

Trump is probably contemplating inviting the deceased soldier's families to the WH, and given their names were Jose and Luis, he will have the biggest spread of Taco Bell those bad hombre rapists have ever seen.  Maybe bring in a Mariachi Band to play Hail to the Chief.     

6 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Trump is probably contemplating inviting the deceased soldier's families to the WH, and given their names were Jose and Luis, he will have the biggest spread of Taco Bell those bad hombre rapists have ever seen.  Maybe bring in a Mariachi Band to play Hail to the Chief.     

The Mariachi band will be ICE agents with spray tan.    If they fail to bring passports the widows won’t see their kids  again.     The bodies may be deported as well, if proof of birth isn’t provided.  

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2019/06/12/ice-is-supposed-to-consider-service-when-deporting-veterans-it-hasnt-been/

Why doesn't Twitter simply close Trump's account? Take him off the air for hate speech and lies.

He'd have to make his announcements and comments to the media in the light of day. Time to reflect (if he ever does that?) and for staff to deflect or distract him from making a monumental ass of himself, again and again.....

26 minutes ago, Happy said:

Why doesn't Twitter simply close Trump's account? Take him off the air for hate speech and lies.

He'd have to make his announcements and comments to the media in the light of day. Time to reflect (if he ever does that?) and for staff to deflect or distract him from making a monumental ass of himself, again and again.....

They’d have to take Twitter private to do that.  The newly weaponized DOJ would go after them with a vengeance otherwise.

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

It is a great honor to be here with all of my friends — so amazing + will never forget!” in the visitors book at the holocaust memorial.

and no disrespect intended. But why does that casket have FOOT stamped on the end?

Same reason that when I made a rub rail for a certain bald headed, brie sipping Volvo driving, muscle bound midget on another forum, I put "FWD" at one end, and "Aft" at the other end, on the inside with indelible marker...... None the less he managed to install it backwards......:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Getting back to the original thread topic,

Free Speech Defenders Warn Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez That She Is Violating the Constitution by Blocking Critics on Twitter

"We understand from news reports that you may be blocking some Twitter users from your @AOC account because of the views they have expressed," Jameel Jaffer, the institute's executive director, writes in a letter to Ocasio-Cortez. "This practice is unconstitutional, and we are writing in the hope of dissuading you from engaging in it."

In addition to the ruling against Trump by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit (which includes New York), Jaffer cites a January ruling against Phyllis Randall, chair of the Loudoun County, Virginia, Board of Supervisors. In that case, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit held that, because Loudon used her "Chair Phyllis J. Randall" Facebook page for official purposes and opened it to comments by the general public, the "interactive component" of the page qualified as a "public forum" under the First Amendment. The court upheld a federal judge's decision in favor of a local gadfly whom Randall had blocked after he posted a comment suggesting that members of the Loudon County School Board had taken official actions that benefited their relatives.

Echoing Trump and Randall, Ocasio-Cortez argues that her @AOC Twitter account is personal, not official. But in light of the principle established by the 2nd Circuit and 4th Circuit cases, Jaffer says, that argument does not hold water. "Based on the facts as we understand them, the @AOC account is a 'public forum' within the meaning of the First Amendment," he writes. "You use the account as an extension of your office—to share information about congressional hearings, to explain policy proposals, to advocate legislation, and to solicit public comment about issues relating to government."

I think Trump and AOC are both demonstrating a thin skin by blocking critics on Twitter. I think they should be allowed to do it, if for no other reason than to let us know who has a thin skin and can't take criticism or abide opposing viewpoints. But the courts have disagreed, so...

It is OK... The Weather Service and local broadcasters have been issuing corrections all day. 

5FAC9B41-7922-470A-BF06-01FCC619BC1A.jpeg

2 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

It is OK... The Weather Service and local broadcasters have been issuing corrections all day. 

5FAC9B41-7922-470A-BF06-01FCC619BC1A.jpeg

Yeah! HEE HAW! FUCK those 'Ricans! We got us a good ol' Huury cane party comin' up! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire up that Smoker boys! And throw on some pig! We got us hurry cane, and we don't need no milk, or eggs, or bread...... Get us some jars of liker, and a couple a cases of Miller Ultra, and we be jess fine!

27 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Obama's hurricanes were bigger,  everyone is saying that.  

Yes, oh-bomb-ya's wars were bigger too! But there's still time...:ph34r:

The term Fucking Idiot comes to mind -

23 hours ago, Rat's ass said:

Yes, oh-bomb-ya's wars were bigger too! But there's still time...:ph34r:

Let us know when you graduate middle school.

Cockeyed optimist!