Sign in to follow this  
Plenipotentiary Tom

Twitterer In Chief

On 10/7/2019 at 8:15 PM, Ishmael said:

There has never been a leader of the USA with as MUCH disregard for the people of the USA than Trump.

I believe that is what you meant.

12 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

I believe that is what you meant.

12 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

There has never been a leader of the USA with as MUCH disregard for the people of the USA than as Trump.

Lemme finish that for you.

Trump's tweets, by the numbers.

An examination of all 11,000+ Trump tweets while he's been in office has found: -5889 are attacks -1,710 promoted conspiracies -36 called the news media the "enemy of the people" -16 referred to himself as everyone’s "favorite" president" Great reporting on how a social media platform has shaped the Trump presidency. Worthy of your time. From The New York Times.

https://m.facebook.com/199870617084581/posts/701495980255373/?notif_id=1572711527009748&notif_t=notify_me_page&ref=notif

• Like 1

most disturbing thing about that article is Trump needs reading glasses to read, but refuses to wear them in front of other people because he's vain. Wonder how much of his inability to read briefings is because he can't see the words?

Well, if you looked like this wouldn't you be vain about it?

image.png.bfae0c91ddbf97d5311a2890d0188274.png

56 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Well, if you looked like this wouldn't you be vain about it?

image.png.bfae0c91ddbf97d5311a2890d0188274.png

If I looked like that, I'd hire someone to kill me in my sleep.

• Like 2

As long as they gently and beautifully remove the underbrush from that 150,000 square miles of land then I fully support the shitstain.

I'd suggest bamboo rakes.

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

As long as they gently and beautifully remove the underbrush from that 150,000 square miles of land then I fully support the shitstain.

I'd suggest bamboo rakes.

Trump likes using hoes.  

• Like 1

It sounds like he is getting scared.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

If Shifty Adam Schiff, who is a corrupt politician who fraudulently made up what I said on the “call,” is allowed to release transcripts of the Never Trumpers & others that are & were interviewed, he will change the words that were said to suit the Dems purposes. Republicans...

7:48 PM · Nov 3, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

....should give their own transcripts of the interviews to contrast with Schiff’s manipulated propaganda. House Republicans must have nothing to do with Shifty’s rendition of those interviews. He is a proven liar, leaker & freak who is really the one who should be impeached!

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

It sounds like he is getting scared.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

If Shifty Adam Schiff, who is a corrupt politician who fraudulently made up what I said on the “call,” is allowed to release transcripts of the Never Trumpers & others that are & were interviewed, he will change the words that were said to suit the Dems purposes. Republicans...

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

....should give their own transcripts of the interviews to contrast with Schiff’s manipulated propaganda. House Republicans must have nothing to do with Shifty’s rendition of those interviews. He is a proven liar, leaker & freak who is really the one who should be impeached!

He's not smart enough to be scared.

^^^^^^^

Pretty simple really.  Depose all of those that listened in on the call and then get a copy of the recording that Ukraine made.  Some of the people like Vindman have made government work their life, they would not lie under oath.  

15 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

He's not smart enough to be scared.

Oh, I don't know. I have a suspicion he craps his depends regularly.

19 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

^^^^^^^

Pretty simple really.  Depose all of those that listened in on the call and then get a copy of the recording that Ukraine made.  Some of the people like Vindman have made government work their life, they would not lie under oath.  

One MAGA coworker is a daily reality check.    Racist that dropped Netflix because it put too many non white people in her face.   Thinks Sen Clinton was a child molester.   Knows the news is all lies.   Since her husband just retired from the guard (and transferred into the defense industry for better money) she is all pro military, pro veterans, etc.    I assume that Colonel Vindman’s Purple Heart won’t count since he is a foreigner.    Or else it’s just fake news.    Worst of all, she is a millennial.    

It never happened but if it did there's nothing wrong with it but since it never happened it doesn't matter.

Where have I heard that before?

19 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

If I looked like that, I'd hire someone to kill me in my sleep.

If I had a dog who looked like that, I'd shave his butt and teach him to walk backwards

- DSK

Given the Donnie probably rode the short limo to his snooty private school, is it safe to assume that he even knows what quid pro quo means.

17 hours ago, Lark said:

One MAGA coworker is a daily reality check.    Racist that dropped Netflix because it put too many non white people in her face.   Thinks Sen Clinton was a child molester.   Knows the news is all lies.   Since her husband just retired from the guard (and transferred into the defense industry for better money) she is all pro military, pro veterans, etc.    I assume that Colonel Vindman’s Purple Heart won’t count since he is a foreigner.    Or else it’s just fake news.    Worst of all, she is a millennial.    

I thought for a second we must work together.

Serious meltdown this morning (or was it last night?)

Trump's never actually been in a court before has he?

:biggrin:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump
More

It was just explained to me that for next weeks Fake Hearing (trial) in the House, as they interview Never Trumpers and others, I get NO LAWYER & NO DUE PROCESS. It is a Pelosi, Schiff, Scam against the Republican Party and me. This Witch Hunt should not be allowed to proceed!

:food:

7 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Serious meltdown this morning (or was it last night?)

Trump's never actually been in a court before has he?

:biggrin:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump
More

It was just explained to me that for next weeks Fake Hearing (trial) in the House, as they interview Never Trumpers and others, I get NO LAWYER & NO DUE PROCESS. It is a Pelosi, Schiff, Scam against the Republican Party and me. This Witch Hunt should not be allowed to proceed!

:food:

Anyone they've called to testify that might have something good to say declines to show up.  Not sure what he's griping about.

On 11/3/2019 at 8:26 PM, Cal20sailor said:

Trump likes using hoes.  

WFD sir!

OMFG

tweeted just now

Retweets Boltons 11 sept message

of course 9/11 is also today..or yesterday depending on where you live

Donald J. Trump Retweeted

As we reflect this week on the horrific 9/11 attack, it’s important to remember how far we’ve come in combatting radical Islamist terrorist groups but also how much work is left. We stand strong against regimes that sponsor terror & encourage violence against the US & our allies.

Trevor Noah said we should view Twitter as a kind of Presidential baby monitor, keeping an eye on Trump.

"Hold on, he's up and he wants to nuke a hurricane. Gotta go!" :lol:

Just now, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Trevor Noah said we should view Twitter as a kind of Presidential baby monitor, keeping an eye on Trump.

"Hold on, he's up and he wants to nuke a hurricane. Gotta go!" :lol:

It's not that 

Why would he re tweet Bolton at all..Is he using 11 sept as some sort of cryptic message/threat to Bolton ...or...does he really think yesterday was the anniversary 9/11..no one is that dumb...it's weird.

29 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

It's not that 

Why would he re tweet Bolton at all..Is he using 11 sept as some sort of cryptic message/threat to Bolton ...or...does he really think yesterday was the anniversary 9/11..no one is that dumb...it's weird.

Calm down Bob.  Most of the world displays date as day/month/year or ascending lengths of time.  However we do month/day/year for no apparent reason.  Trump was simply pointing that fact out.  The idiot gives us enough shit to make fun of, let's not make stuff up where it doesn't exist.  

I was in Mannheim years ago staying the night on my way from Paris to Frankfort for my flight home.  My car was struck in the parking lot and I filed a report at the local police station.  I'm sweating as I am looking at my watch as this young German police officer typed a form with one finger.  After about 15 minutes, he comes to the date of my birth, 10/13/xxxx.  He types it in as such and looks at it confused knowing there is not a 13th month, realizes what he's done, grabs the form, rips it out of the typewriter and rips it in two.  I let out a small scream.  Made the flight by a few 10s of minutes.  

Still doesn't explain why he'd retweet Bolton, about 11/9 on 9/11.

1) Bolton is now a looser

2) 11 September was two months ago

3) If he's trying to remind everyone that "he" killed Baghdadi, well..OH thats right..Mooslims..

4) It's still a weird juxtapose 

5)he really is disconnected enough to think the towers came down on 9/11, prolly saw the date on an email from somewhere "Not America" and it triggered the tweet.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

3) If he's trying to remind everyone that "he" killed Baghdadi, well..OH thats right..Mooslims..

5)he really is disconnected enough to think the towers came down on 9/11, prolly saw the date on an email from somewhere "Not America" and it triggered the tweet.

He also tweeted confeve.  I wouldn’t read much into this one.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/john-bolton-went-around-mick-mulvaney-and-released-aid-to-ukraine-before-resigning-report/

days before Trump says something about Bolton..... oh fuck it.....

5 minutes ago, Amati said:

That's great, at least now Bolton and the House Committees will have something to talk about. 

14 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

He also tweeted confeve.  I wouldn’t read much into this one.

confess? :D

Great! But how do you know it was a “mistweet?” May be something with deep meaning!

Rosebud

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

It's not that 

All good, has the same numbers in it (or something).

And sometimes when people are under stress numbers can get mixed up, back in the 80s my front yard was burning down & I repeatedly dialed 991.

7 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

That's great, at least now Bolton and the House Committees will have something to talk about. 

And the OMB, and the lawyers involved, and Trump, and etc etc.  Christ this is getting boring and tawdry...... what I can’t believe is that Bolton wants to wait on going before Congress with this- even 2 months out, Bolton will be beside the point.  For a hawk, this seems prissy.  Sometimes you gotta act.  Now, God damnit, now!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-09/state-department-freed-ukraine-money-before-trump-says-he-did?srnd=premium

Delay, deflect, deny....

8 hours ago, animeproblem said:

All good, has the same numbers in it (or something).

And sometimes when people are under stress numbers can get mixed up, back in the 80s my front yard was burning down & I repeatedly dialed 991.

I still think 999 :)

^Understand completely, & it would be simpler that way, of course my country revels in being contrary to common sense!

The punchline to that little tale is that the neighbors largely had the fire under control by the time the pros showed up, after my wife ran out out of the house topless yelling FIRE! I miss those breasts quite a bit (cancer).

5 hours ago, animeproblem said:

^Understand completely, & it would be simpler that way, of course my country revels in being contrary to common sense!

The punchline to that little tale is that the neighbors largely had the fire under control by the time the pros showed up, after my wife ran out out of the house topless yelling FIRE! I miss those breasts quite a bit (cancer).

Actually 999 is UK emergency services number. Interesting and practical reason. it was the fastest number to call on a dial phone. the 9 being the shortest "travel" on the dial. 

Actually 999 is UK emergency services number. Interesting and practical reason. it was the fastest number to call on a dial phone. the 9 being the shortest "travel" on the dial. 

?.... 9 is the second longest travel on a rotary phone. 1 is the shortest.

image.png

7 hours ago, animeproblem said:

Your wife is a true hero, what a way to save the day!

- DSK

5 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

????

It's the longest travel on a dial other than 0.

It was chosen because it was the easiest to find and dial in the dark or blinded by smoke etc. The caller didn't have to find another dial hole like with 911.

7 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

?.... 9 is the second longest travel on a rotary phone. 1 is the shortest.

image.png

Oooops I WAS WRONG!! :D

The General Post Office, which ran the telephone network, proposed a three digit number that could trigger a special signal and flashing light at the exchange. The operators could then divert their attention to these priority calls.

In order to find the new emergency number in the dark or thick smoke it was suggested an end number was used so it could be found easily by touch.

111 was rejected because it could be triggered by faulty equipment or lines rubbing together. 222 would have connected to the Abbey local telephone exchange as numbers in the early telephone network represented the first three letters (ABBey = 222, 1 was not used due to the accidental triggering). 000 could not be used as the first 0 would have dialled the operator.

999 was deemed the sensible choice.

See, now the USA decided on 911 because it would make a great date for terrorists to attack the USA, and even republicans wouldn't forget it....

On 11/9/2019 at 1:07 PM, Shortforbob said:

Looking into Trump’s mind brings to mind the quote “that way madness lies”

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Extremely stable genius -

Not really agreeing with the orange one but that was a very un smart move for Schiff to improv the conversation.  It gives the Trumpsters something to sink their teeth into where there really isn't anything else.  Have no idea what he was thinking other than grandstanding it served no purpose.

22 minutes ago, bridhb said:
5 hours ago, Sean said:

Not really agreeing with the orange one but that was a very un smart move for Schiff to improv the conversation.  It gives the Trumpsters something to sink their teeth into where there really isn't anything else.  Have no idea what he was thinking other than grandstanding it served no purpose.

Yeah, that was pretty dumb.

But the Republicans seem to have a couple of main points to pound the table about

1- the hearings should NOT be private public

2- we must get testimony from Hunter Biden

3- READ THE TRANSCRIPT (as redacted by the White House)

4- nobody actually heard the phone call

5- the whistleblower who actually heard the phone call is a rabid lefty Democrat and must be "confronted" by Trump (apparently threatening to kill him isn't confrontational enough)

6- the process is unConstitutional and flawed and is just another attempt to undo the 2016 election

7- we should wait until the next election (giving Trumpublicans another year to work on supressing the vote and getting further Russian interference)

Other than the above, it's just more the same cycle of "I didn't do it, well yes I did but it's not illegal, alright it's illegal but you can't indict a sitting President so I'm really innocent" except that this is a big enough, stinky enough, deal that it's going to override pretty much any distraction they can dream up.

- DSK

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sean said:

"Republicans should put up their own transcripts!"

That, right there, is the current problem.  They want their version of the facts to be accepted. 

Just like the "transcript" of the phone the WH labeled as not being a verbatim account.

37 minutes ago, bridhb said:

Yeah, Schiff screwed the pooch on that one. Too easy for the Trumpsters to distort what was an obvious parody. But “doctored transcripts”? Repubs “should put out their own transcripts”? WTF?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

Yeah, Schiff screwed the pooch on that one. Too easy for the Trumpsters to distort what was an obvious parody. But “doctored transcripts”? Repubs “should put out their own transcripts”? WTF?

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

They probably meant “alternative” transcripts.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

"Republicans should put up their own transcripts!"

That, right there, is the current problem.  They want their version of the facts to be accepted. 

Just like the "transcript" of the phone the WH labeled as not being a verbatim account.

Alternative facts is the correct term I believe.

You really have to wonder if all Trumpistas are simply stupid rather than corrupt. T

“The President has until September 30th to give this aid to Ukraine. He gets it out on September 11th., 3 weeks before the deadline. So, we give our ally aid, and Joe Biden is not investigated. Remember that, they get the aid and we get nothing in return. The Democrats........want that to be an impeachable offense? Good luck with that!” @JesseBWatters

So..They're bitching because Ukraine got aid and they got no dirt on Biden in return..and this is a Defence? 

And Trump reTweets it ..seriously it's almost unfair!! 

5 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

You really have to wonder if all Trumpistas are simply stupid rather than corrupt. T

“The President has until September 30th to give this aid to Ukraine. He gets it out on September 11th., 3 weeks before the deadline. So, we give our ally aid, and Joe Biden is not investigated. Remember that, they get the aid and we get nothing in return. The Democrats........want that to be an impeachable offense? Good luck with that!” @JesseBWatters

So..They're bitching because Ukraine got aid and they got no dirt on Biden in return..and this is a Defence? 

I'm curious about this deadline. Who/what imposed a time limit "until Sep 30"? It's not his money to withhold anyway, the Constitution very specifically gives this power to Congress, from whom Trump did his damndest to keep it secret

Trump didn't release the aid until AFTER the scandal broke, and well after Ukraine was taking losses due to loss of military support.

- DSK

10 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I'm curious about this deadline. Who/what imposed a time limit "until Sep 30"?

Might have been GFY2019 funds that had to be expended in GFY2019.  

• Like 1

And in other news, Ivanka has created 14 million new jobs. :lol:

14 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

They've moved on from:
didn't happen

to

well, maybe it happened, but it's not illegal (no Quid!)

to
Well, maybe it's illegal, but it's a nothing berder...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Might have been GFY2019 funds that had to be expended in GFY2019.  

I know what that means, but I originally read "go fuck yourself 2019 funds"

I've been on PA too much.

• Like 1

^^^^ Yeah, but he signed it on his own stationary in Trump towers just because.....

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

^^^^ Yeah, but he signed it on his own stationary in Trump towers just because.....

Friend said that Tweet is fake. 

Its right there, on President Trump’s feed. 

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

"Stationery".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justsomeguy! said:

"Stationery".

With an ass that size it was definitely signed on his stationary

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

“The President has until September 30th to give this aid to Ukraine. He gets it out on September 11th., 3 weeks before the deadline. So, we give our ally aid, and Joe Biden is not investigated. Remember that, they get the aid and WE get nothing in return. The Democrats........want that to be an impeachable offense? Good luck with that!” @JesseBWatters

Who is the “we” in that sentence?

7 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Who is the “we” in that sentence?

The selfserving GOP is the we, democRATS are unworthy of inclusion.

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Boom!

mueller.jpg

It's too bad he was so reticent at the hearing. A bit of fire like this would have helped immensely.