Sign in to follow this  
.22 Tom

Twitterer In Chief

19 minutes ago, mad said:

Does anyone really believe a word he says anymore? I know the party loyalists will defend him unto the death (or his leaving of the GOP), but does anyone think even they believe him anymore? Do we think they're really that stupid?

5 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Do we think they're really that stupid?

the faithful are so deep in the hole that there's no way out :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Does anyone really believe a word he says anymore? I know the party loyalists will defend him unto the death (or his leaving of the GOP), but does anyone think even they believe him anymore? Do we think they're really that stupid?

Yes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mid said:

They just keep digging deeper!

• Like 1

It is impossible to lower my standards rapidly enough to keep up with the performance of Gropenfuhrer and his faithful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Not really, with respect to the thread topic.

Jr. can block you if you annoy him.

As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms!

Try it and see what happens.
Course, you’ll have to accept you committed the crimes first. And when SCOTUS rules the pardon invalid, your admission won’t be.

So, every charge for which you attempt to pardon yourself will be a guilty plea.

Do it. Save Mueller some time. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1003616210922147841 

An innocent man would naturally think about whether he has the power to pardon himself for crimes he did not commit, thereby admitting that he committed them but avoiding prosecution for them.  

Another day, another Tweet, and possibly one step closer to a constitutional crisis.

Does this sound like an innocent man?

Donald J. Trump

29m

The appointment of the Special Counsel is totally UNCONSTITUTIONAL! Despite that, we play the game because I, unlike the Democrats, have done nothing wrong!

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Donald J. Trump

29m

The appointment of the Special Counsel is totally UNCONSTITUTIONAL! Despite that, we play the game because I, unlike the Democrats, have done nothing wrong!

No.

It sounds like Bart Simpson.

10 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

No.

It sounds like Bart Simpson.

And @TMSAIL wonders why some folks find the man, well, abhorrent and worthy of continual derision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

And @TMSAIL wonders why some folks find the man, well, abhorrent and worthy of continual derision.

image.jpeg

Inquiring minds want to know......

Donald J. Trump

What is taking so long with the Inspector General’s Report on Crooked Hillary and Slippery James Comey. Numerous delays. Hope Report is not being changed and made weaker! There are so many horrible things to tell, the public has the right to know. Transparency!

21 hours ago, Sean said:

Donald J. Trump

29m

YES

21 hours ago, Sean said:

Donald J. Trump

29m

Innocent of what?

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Innocent of what?

Pussy grabbing.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Innocent of what?

We have people working on that question. Patience grasshopper, all will be revealed in good time. 

23 hours ago, Sean said:

Donald J. Trump

29m

It sounds like a worried man. 

If he is innocent, why worry?

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

We have people working on that question. Patience grasshopper, all will be revealed in good time. 

I know you do, it's just that normally the crime comes before guilt or innocence.

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

I know you do, it's just that normally the crime comes before guilt or innocence.

If they would just leave that poor sensitive man alone.

Only he can save the world. He needs space, that’s all.

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

Yes, that would be the case. Opinions are different animals. 

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:38 AM, Mid said:

So, they just keep digging!!  Maybe they will emerge in North Korea??

18 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

It sounds like a worried man. 

If he is innocent, why worry?

Worried? More like panicked.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Yes, that would be the case. Opinions are different animals. 

But any crime (other than the cheating, theft, violence, etc.) is beside the legal point without prosecution.

Morally?  We have freedom of religion, which Mr. Trump is exercising, furiously.

13 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Worried? More like panicked.

Trump is the kind of guy that thrives on living on the edge, of failure, and usually pulling it off.  History is only repeating itself again, here.  I know a guy like this, living close to what he cannot afford, but just barely.  So, he gets comfortable after recovering from the recession 10 years ago, and he buys a vacation house in Maui!

1 hour ago, Dog said:

No conviction, no crime.

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

No conviction, no crime.

Not true, all crimes occur without a conviction.

But as to the guilt or innocence, how can you have an opinion without knowing of a crime of which to be guilty or innocent?

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Not true, all crimes occur without a conviction.

But as to the guilt or innocence, how can you have an opinion without knowing of a crime of which to be guilty or innocent?

Head in the sand or wilful deflection?

Trump could nuke California and you would defend him.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Trump could nuke California and you would defend him.

Because I require something for him to be guilty of before deeming him guilty?

13 minutes ago, Dog said:

Because I require something for him to be guilty of before deeming him guilty?

Has he been declared "Not Guilty"?

I mean, other than in your mind.

Definitely clean as a whistle -

Donald J. Trump

The Russian Witch Hunt Hoax continues, all because Jeff Sessions didn’t tell me he was going to recuse himself...I would have quickly picked someone else. So much time and money wasted, so many lives ruined...and Sessions knew better than most that there was No Collusion!

45 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Trump could nuke California and you would defend cheer him.

FIFY

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Donald J. Trump

The Russian Witch Hunt Hoax continues, all because Jeff Sessions didn’t tell me he was going to recuse himself...I would have quickly picked someone else. So much time and money wasted, so many lives ruined...and Sessions knew better than most that there was No Collusion!

For anybody who supports Trump, do you read this tweet and then ask yourself why Trumpy wouldn't simply fire Jeffy and hire a new AG?

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Donald J. Trump

(Likely Trump quote for the near future): "Sessions knew better than most, because he was the guy who did not collude, or if he did, he was the only one. I barely know the guy. We don't talk. We don't,.......... look I think I met him once or twice at some charity thing. That's all! Little short guy, looks like the Keebler Elf. I think he came to my office once wanting something, but I wasn't there. I think he was looking for some creamy lemon filling, or something, I dunno! Like I said, I barely know the guy. I think I know half the people in New York better than this Sessions guy. But here's the thing, OK? This is the thing. He's blaming me for all of this Russia stuff because he's not smart like I am, OK? Totally stupid. What do you expect from a guy from Georgia {Indistinct chatter} Or Alabama! Whatever! Am I right? Huh?!"

14 minutes ago, Nice! said:

For anybody who supports Trump, do you read this tweet and then ask yourself why Trumpy wouldn't simply fire Jeffy and hire a new AG?

I don't support Trump but the damage has been done (re: Russian Investigation).  I'm guessing that Trump is keeping him as he probably feels he can control him on other matters.  

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Donald J. Trump

Better than most?

:blink:

Thump thump, I think...

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

Presume he’s referring to fellow Russians.  What’s another word for collusion?

cahoots works

21 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Conspiracy.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Заговор

Trump is appealing the ruling in the topic case

From the topic post:

On 6/10/2017 at 6:43 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

When the government makes a space available to the public at large for the purpose of expressive activity, it creates a public forum from which it may not constitutionally exclude individuals on the basis of viewpoint....The government may impose reasonable time, place, and manner restrictions in a designated public forum, but it may not exclude people simply because it disagrees with them."

I still don't think "the government" made Trump's Twitter account available to the public because the government didn't make it at all. Twitter did.

But the judge didn't see it that way.

Late last month, U.S. District Court Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald, an appointee of President Bill Clinton, ruled that Twitter serves as a “designated public forum.” Since Twitter reaches that threshold, the judge ruled, blocking people from the president’s personal Twitter account is a violation of their constitutional rights.

2 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Trump is appealing the ruling in the topic case

From the topic post:

I still don't think "the government" made Trump's Twitter account available to the public because the government didn't make it at all. Twitter did.

But the judge didn't see it that way.

Since President Trump, who represents at least some of "the government" by virtue of the office he holds, chose to use Twitter as his primary medium for communicating, not to mention his Tweets have been described by the WH as "Official Statements", he has to abide by the limitations that brings about.

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Since President Trump, who represents at least some of "the government" by virtue of the office he holds, chose to use Twitter as his primary medium for communicating, not to mention his Tweets have been described by the WH as "Official Statements", he has to abide by the limitations that brings about.

He does undermine his own argument. I just still think that using Twitter isn't making Twitter.

Also, no man, not even the President, is above the law. That's something for another thread, perhaps, but in this one, no man, not even the President, is below the law. He has rights of expression too, including using social media as he sees fit. Which is to say, like a complete ignorant asshole most of the time, but I'd say he should be able to do that and to block people.

8 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

He does undermine his own argument. I just still think that using Twitter isn't making Twitter.

Also, no man, not even the President, is above the law. That's something for another thread, perhaps, but in this one, no man, not even the President, is below the law. He has rights of expression too, including using social media as he sees fit. Which is to say, like a complete ignorant asshole most of the time, but I'd say he should be able to do that and to block people.

If Trump were using daily television appearances to communicate, would it be OK to block the signal to individual homes, or specific geographical locations?

4 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

If Trump were using daily television appearances to communicate, would it be OK to block the signal to individual homes, or specific geographical locations?

I don't see why not. The signal is being broadcast by a corporation, right? Corporations aren't people. How could the first amendment apply to one?

On 5/24/2018 at 5:46 AM, dogballs Tom said:
On 6/10/2017 at 6:43 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

Do we have a first amendment right to follow him on Twitter?

It's an interesting argument but I think they'll lose because the government didn't make his Twitter account available nor "set it aside" so it's not a "designated public forum" for this legal purpose.

Well, they won!

The President can't block people. We have a first amendment right to follow him. I haven't exercised this one. It would have been fun to try to annoy him into blocking me, I suppose, but now it's too late.

With apologies to benwynn, since I know it annoys him when I quote his words with a link back for context.

6 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Washington (CNN) White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday President Donald Trump's tweets are indeed official statements.

"The President is the President of the United States, so they're considered official statements by the President of the United States," Spicer said, when asked during his daily briefing how they should be characterized. Spicer did not indicate whether that included both of the President's Twitter handles: @realDonaldTrump and @POTUS.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/trump-tweets-official-statements/index.html

This isn't exactly news. He lost the case about it in May so might as well admit it at this point.

38 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

With apologies to benwynn, since I know it annoys him when I quote his words with a link back for context.

This isn't exactly news. He lost the case about it in May so might as well admit it at this point.

Admit? Admit what? Admit that someone else was wrong, and it was so unfair what they did? No..... See, it's just unfair, it's all a witch hunt. There is no truth in the truth. It's all lies!

Tell him you've already got one

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump
More

While CNN doesn’t do great in the United States based on ratings, outside of the U.S. they have very little competition. Throughout the world, CNN has a powerful voice portraying the United States in an unfair .and false way. Something has to be done, including the possibility of the United States starting our own Worldwide Network to show the World the way we really are, GREAT!

9 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

More

While CNN doesn’t do great in the United States based on ratings, outside of the U.S. they have very little competition. Throughout the world, CNN has a powerful voice portraying the United States in an unfair .and false way. Something has to be done, including the possibility of the United States starting our own Worldwide Network to show the World the way we really are, GREAT!

Didn't know FOX was going International to compete with CNN, but I guess now we do.

27 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Didn't know FOX was going International to compete with CNN, but I guess now we do.

Well their failed attempt to buy sky (pretty good news source I steam it on my TV live) put a nail in that coffin.  Maybe Trump can buy VOA.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

More

Fucking moron has never heard of VOA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Actually I was thinking of PBS 

How often do you watch US PBS?   Does anybody watch it anymore in the US.

No idea what streamed around the world 

1 minute ago, mad said:

I don't watch TV

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I don't watch TV

So why throw it into the thread? 

Do you follow it online?

5 minutes ago, mad said:

I do.  It’s not offered on Google TV but I’ can stream it.  Not a finer show on TV than Nature, NOVA, and Frontline.

11 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I do.  It’s not offered on Google TV but I’ can stream it.  Not a finer show on TV than Nature, NOVA, and Frontline.

What’s the regular day to day programming? It was rarely watched years ago. 

Im in ignorance on this subject, as us Mel it seems. 

1 hour ago, mad said:

What’s the regular day to day programming? It was rarely watched years ago. 

Im in ignorance on this subject, as us Mel it seems. 

I don’t really know, unlike sky it’s not a live stream.  I presume a healthy dose of Sesame St.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I don’t really know, unlike sky it’s not a live stream.  I presume a healthy dose of Sesame St.

We should sit Donald in front of  Sesame St , in just a 1/2 hour per day , he could learn how to spell and count and be polite and stuff.

It could help with the dementia setting in.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Thanks, just trying to understand why Mel threw that one in the discussion. 

Trolling I guess. 

1 hour ago, mad said:

We watch PBS quite a bit. It's one of the top 5 channels of U.S. television.

It's certainly the most intelligent.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

On the few times we actually watch TV, PBS is one of the first we check. We actually gave them money a few times.

18 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Thanks, I remember watching it when I was there. Just wondering how it may have changed over time. 

Found it very educational on many subjects from memory 

I don't watch a whole lot of TV but if you count up the time spent it's probably 1/4 PBS (Nova, Antique Roadshow, a few others), 1/3 various science or nature shows on cable networks, and... um... the rest would be Fox cartoons. Not sure what the world thinks of Family Guy or American Dad but I find them twisted and hysterically funny.

9 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

I don't watch a whole lot of TV but if you count up the time spent it's probably 1/4 PBS (Nova, Antique Roadshow, a few others), 1/3 various science or nature shows on cable networks, and... um... the rest would be Fox cartoons. Not sure what the world thinks of Family Guy or American Dad but I find them twisted and hysterically funny.

Absolutely agree with you on that one.

gone full retard..hmmm..something up?

The Phony Witch Hunt continues, but Mueller and his gang of Angry Dems are only looking at one side, not the other. Wait until it comes out how horribly & viciously they are treating people, ruining lives for them refusing to lie. Mueller is a conflicted prosecutor gone rogue.

The Fake News Media builds Bob Mueller up as a Saint, when in actuality he is the exact opposite. He is doing TREMENDOUS damage to our Criminal Justice System, where he is only looking at one side and not the other. Heroes will come of this, and it won’t be Mueller and his terrible Gang of Angry Democrats. Look at their past, and look where they come from. The now $30,000,000 Witch Hunt continues and they’ve got nothing but ruined lives. Where is the Server? Let these terrible people go back to the Clinton Foundation and “Justice” Department!

pretty sure dumbfuck is wishing he lost the electoral college at this point.

14 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

The man has no poker face whatsoever. First hint of internal panic and he's flailing.

1 hour ago, Mid said:

Trump Retweets Image Suggesting Mueller, Obama & Rosenstein Committed Treason

Untitled.jpg.8831bf2c5affe4055d45d600fe2765db.jpg

https://hillreporter.com/trump-retweets-image-suggesting-mueller-obama-rosenstein-committed-treason-15749

He (Trump) ought to be careful..... Those treason trials are more likely to involve him, and his family than Obama, Mueller, or Rosenstein.....

1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

He (Trump) ought to be careful..... Those treason trials are more likely to involve him, and his family than Obama, Mueller, or Rosenstein.....

Treasonous Trump....has a nice ring to it.

12 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Treasonous Trump....has a nice ring to it.

(sung to a popular Christmas song) 'Tis the treason to be greedy, tra-la-tra-la la dee dee da! I'm so fat and kinda seedy! Tra-la dee da!

• Like 3

President Trump keeps upping the cost, with no basis in reality, and gets shamed. 

2939FD65-9157-4605-B718-1BDEA916033F.jpeg

• Like 1

only two tweets in 48 hrs? no boasting, no comment on winning the war on drugs single handed...somethings up.

10 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

only two tweets in 48 hrs? no boasting, no comment on winning the war on drugs single handed...somethings up.

Here is probably why....the lawyers have probably told him to SHUT UP

From  The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/03/trump-roger-stone-tweet-witness-tampering-experts

Snip/

Trump tweeted in praise of Roger Stone, his longtime political adviser, who allegedly made contacts with the WikiLeaks organization through an intermediary in an effort to help the 2016 Trump campaign. Stone has denied all wrongdoing but has said he expects to be indicted.

The flow of information between the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks, which published emails stolen by Russians from the Hillary Clinton campaign, has emerged as a focal point for special counsel Robert Mueller, who has yet to interview Stone.

“‘I will never testify against Trump’,” the president tweeted. “This statement was recently made by Roger Stone, essentially stating that he will not be forced by a rogue and out of control prosecutor to make up lies and stories about ‘President Trump.’ Nice to know that some people still have ‘guts!’”

Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump

“I will never testify against Trump.” This statement was recently made by Roger Stone, essentially stating that he will not be forced by a rogue and out of control prosecutor to make up lies and stories about “President Trump.” Nice to know that some people still have “guts!”

4:48 AM - Dec 4, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

42K people are talking about this

Prominent lawyers and analysts led by George Conway, the husband of counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway, said the tweet appeared to violate a section of the US code that makes it a federal crime to “corruptly persuade” a witness with intent to influence or prevent that witness’s testimony in a criminal proceeding.

George Conway@gtconway3d

File under “18 U.S.C. §§ 1503, 1512”

Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump

“I will never testify against Trump.” This statement was recently made by Roger Stone, essentially stating that he will not be forced by a rogue and out of control prosecutor to make up lies and stories about “President Trump.” Nice to know that some people still have “guts!”

5:02 AM - Dec 4, 2018

11.8K people are talking about this

Advertisement

The offense, which prosecutors said is common in organized crime cases, is not typically committed in public because it is illegal activity, lawyers said.

“Having prosecuted mob bosses,” tweeted Daniel Goldman, a former assistant US attorney in the southern district of New York, “it’s unfair to compare them to Trump. Mob bosses are far smarter and way more savvy and discrete than Trump.”

12 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

“Having prosecuted mob bosses,” tweeted Daniel Goldman, a former assistant US attorney in the southern district of New York, “it’s unfair to compare them to Trump. Mob bosses are far smarter and way more savvy and discrete than Trump.”

Just because it bears repeating. 

I have to wonder, if after making a late appearance to 41's viewing, Trump will go back to the white house and fuck a whore...... Or if he'll just tell Melania to sleep on the couch.

6 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I have to wonder, if after making a late appearance to 41's viewing, Trump will go back to the white house and fuck a whore...... Or if he'll just tell Melania to sleep on the couch.

Marrying money is the hardest way to earn it.

32 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I don't understand Stone's tweet.

What does it mean? "I'd have to bear false witness against Trump.."

The only sense it makes is if he's saying he'd be lying if he said anything about trump

says it all really

More

Looking forward to being with the wonderful Bush family at Blair House today. The former First Lady will be coming over to the White House this morning to be given a tour of the Christmas decorations by Melania. The elegance & precision of the last two days have been remarkable!

6:22 AM - 4 Dec 2018