• Announcements

    • Zapata

      Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

      Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Snore

Broadway Violates PA Standards

Recommended Posts

Let me start with, I voted for him because I was scared of her.

 

PA is a no-holds-barred, full contact debate.  But we have a few rules.  No pedo, no outing and no assassination recommendations-- even in effigy.  Interestingly, every time anyone on this forum critized Obama, the pro-Obama people called us racists.    

So can someone honestly explain to me HTF does a lefty playwright adapt Julius Ceaser into a play where the sitting president is assassinated? And then NYC allows it to be performed in a theatre in Central Park?

Put aside the fact that many, including me, are growing weary of the new type of bullshit coming out of DC.  What would people say if this was done to BO?  We as a people have one president, like it or not it is Donnie.   If we as a society accept plays like this -- in a publicly owned venue-- are we on the road to anarchy? 

The knee jerk is to blame the president for this.  But that is like blaming guns for the murder rate.  We as individuals control our actions, we as a society sets the norms.  

 

Thoughts? FFS let's try not to blame this all on Donnie.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Snore said:

Let me start with, I voted for him because I was scared of her.

 

PA is a no-holds-barred, full contact debate.  But we have a few rules.  No pedo, no outing and no assassination recommendations-- even in effigy.  Interestingly, every time anyone on this forum critized Obama, the pro-Obama people called us racists.    

So can someone honestly explain to me HTF does a lefty playwright adapt Julius Ceaser into a play where the sitting president is assassinated? And then NYC allows it to be performed in a theatre in Central Park?

Put aside the fact that many, including me, are growing weary of the new type of bullshit coming out of DC.  What would people say if this was done to BO?  We as a people have one president, like it or not it is Donnie.   If we as a society accept plays like this -- in a publicly owned venue-- are we on the road to anarchy? 

The knee jerk is to blame the president for this.  But that is like blaming guns for the murder rate.  We as individuals control our actions, we as a society sets the norms.  

 

Thoughts? FFS let's try not to blame this all on Donnie.

 

Where was your complaint when they staged it with a BLACK Julius Caeser during the Obama era?

Oh yeah, that wasn't offensive then, right?

 

It WAS done to Obama, you fool. He's not a thin skinned vulgarian, and actually probably has read the play and understands. Unlike that turd Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not a play written specifically about the assassination of Trump, it is one of Will Shakespeare's about the life (and death) of JC. It is often performed in a contemporary setting to make it more relevant to audiences. That is what was done here. Trump and his supporters like to think of themselves as tough guys compared to the effeminate, limp-wristed lefties, but it seems like they can be pussies when they are challenged by mere ideas and words in a 400 year old play.

Also, last time I looked Broadway did not go through Central  Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Where was your complaint when they staged it with a BLACK Julius Caeser during the Obama era?

Oh yeah, that wasn't offensive then, right?

 

It WAS done to Obama, you fool. He's not a thin skinned vulgarian, and actually probably has read the play and understands. Unlike that turd Trump.

Calm your tits down son. You don't have to set out to be an asshole in rebuttal. You know, just convey your point and provide a cite. I'm sure Snore would say "shit, I didn't know that, my bad" or something like that

Do you think the media might be making a bigger run with it this time? Seems so to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect it's just that Minneapolis isn't as notable as New York.

BTW: I think the outrage over all this stuff is way overblown. Virtue signaling as an advertising strategy makes baby jebus cry and just proves that snowflakes come in white and orange shades.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snore said:

So can someone honestly explain to me HTF does a lefty playwright adapt Julius Ceaser into a play where the sitting president is assassinated? 

Easily? Have you read Julius Ceasar?

 

41 minutes ago, Betel Buai said:

Do you think the media might be making a bigger run with it this time? Seems so to me.

Yes, the Conservative snowflakes are really offended by it this time and making a huge run with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Easily? Have you read Julius Ceasar?

 

Yes, the Conservative snowflakes are really offended by it this time and making a huge run with it.

Yes, I have read JC. Not a lot of fun but got it done.

I read about it in that conservative bastion, The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/jun/12/donald-trump-shakespeare-play-julius-caesar-new-york

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of JC

  1. Fake News is at an all time high. Where is their apology to me for all of the incorrect stories???

     
  2. A.G. Lynch made law enforcement decisions for political purposes...gave Hillary Clinton a free pass and protection. Totally illegal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Betel Buai said:

I read about it in that conservative bastion, The Guardian.

so almost a week after all the US conservative snowflakes worked themselves into an outrage. days after they pressured several of the sponsors to cancel.

definitely the evil liberal media pushing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I think depicting assassination of a sitting President is horrible. The actors putting this together were short-sighted and stupid.

The outrage over Trump's depiction and the lack of it over Obama's depiction shows us two things: The "liberal biased media" is not really all the biased towards the liberal side and that "conservatives" nowadays are a bunch of spiteful childish pussies.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

so almost a week after all the US conservative snowflakes worked themselves into an outrage. days after they pressured several of the sponsors to cancel.

definitely the evil liberal media pushing this.

I gave you a cite to support my statement.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we can conclude that high school English is heads above all those complaining about this event. What was the production to do? Shakespeare was the master of using the past to shine light on the present, it isn't the assassination that's the takeaway here, it is the whole story, the outrage is pure drama also, they did Obama as Julius Caesar in 2012, and no one batted an eye, not even Delta Airlines who sponsored the play at that time, but suddenly got outraged and cancelled their support for the production yesterday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Where was your complaint when they staged it with a BLACK Julius Caeser during the Obama era?

Oh yeah, that wasn't offensive then, right?

 

It WAS done to Obama, you fool. He's not a thin skinned vulgarian, and actually probably has read the play and understands. Unlike that turd Trump.

That's why I still check in.    The spin is worth the price of admission.   Yes the lead was played by a Black actor in 2012.   Yet other than sharing skin color He did not portray himself as the sitting president.   He was bald for one thing.    He was killed along the story lines of the actual play.  In the current rendition the Trump look alike is killed by minorities and woman.   Even the female lead in the current play has a Slavic accent.    

Keep spinning B J   it keeps me smiling  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

That's why I still check in.    The spin is worth the price of admission.   Yes the lead was played by a Black actor in 2012.   Yet other than sharing skin color He did not portray himself as the sitting president.   He was bald for one thing.    He was killed along the story lines of the actual play.  In the current rendition the Trump look alike is killed by minorities and woman.   Even the female lead in the current play has a Slavic accent.    

Keep spinning B J   it keeps me smiling  

 

Thanks for checking in.  We've been worried about you.  

Many times your appearance was anticipated when President Trump needed a vigorous defense because someone quoted his actual words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

That's why I still check in.    The spin is worth the price of admission.   Yes the lead was played by a Black actor in 2012.   Yet other than sharing skin color He did not portray himself as the sitting president.   He was bald for one thing.    He was killed along the story lines of the actual play.  In the current rendition the Trump look alike is killed by minorities and woman.   Even the female lead in the current play has a Slavic accent.    

Keep spinning B J   it keeps me smiling  

 

How funny, TM comes in to complain about Trump being assassinated by minorities and women but ignores the message that Shakespeare left with his play. No matter how terrible you perceive a person to be, violence will never give you the outcome you desire. 

The Twin Cities "Daily Planet" characterized the play this way:  "In this Caesar, Julius and his inner circle are dressed in crisp business suits, Bjorn DuPaty cutting an unmistakably Obama-like figure as the eponymous ruler." https://www.tcdailyplanet.net/julius-caesar-guthrie-theater-acting-company-review/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. 

I thought Julius Ceasar is also a parable about the risk of using violence to solve democratic problems leading to the downfall of a great empire, and the personal ruin of the individuals who committed the assassination.

What's your interpretation of the play? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

so almost a week after all the US conservative snowflakes worked themselves into an outrage. days after they pressured several of the sponsors to cancel.

definitely the evil liberal media pushing this.

Isn't pushing sponsors to withdraw pledged fiscal support the way to make things happen nowadays?  It's not sufficient to say "I object" - we must now destroy that to which we object, as our objections alone are proof of that things unsuitability to exist in our space. Isn't that the approach?  Did I miss anything? 

That idea is anathema to the idea of "live and let live" - Richmond, VA, is erecting a monument to the Lovings - the mixed race couple who were ordered to leave the state when they were married.  It's supposed to be placed right outside the courthouse in which they were, 50 years ago, declared persona-non-grata.   Erecting this monument is a positive thing, and provides a constant reminder of how people and attitudes can progress.  Tearing monuments down?  Preventing an event from happening?   Both done because of "the discomfort that the mere existence causes" .   I disagree vehemently with the attitudes behind such behaviors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Isn't pushing sponsors to withdraw pledged fiscal support the way to make things happen nowadays?  It's not sufficient to say "I object" - we must now destroy that to which we object, as our objections alone are proof of that things unsuitability to exist in our space. Isn't that the approach?  Did I miss anything? 

Yup. Both sides play the game. The point Big Buai was ignoring was this firestorm was brewing in the conservative nether regions of the web well before the Grauniad picked it up.

 

This particular story is funny because they ignore the content and context of Julius Cesar. Always good when the defenders of Anglo-Saxon culture are utterly ignorant of it, and here are wishing to destroy a statement somewhat in support of Cheetolini because of the superficial optics of it. That, that's good shit. 

 

Now back to King Lear goes to Washington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Yup. Both sides play the game. The point Big Buai was ignoring was this firestorm was brewing in the conservative nether regions of the web well before the Grauniad picked it up.

 

This particular story is funny because they ignore the content and context of Julius Cesar. Always good when the defenders of Anglo-Saxon culture are utterly ignorant of it. 

Indeed so.  

One of my wife's friends was a Jesuit priest - freakin' brilliant man.  He used to love to pick on people who tried to use scriptural references out of context as support for their personal perspective, especially if they really believed it without having first taken the time to understand the context.

I'd betcha $$ to donuts that he'd bust a gut laughing at "The book of Mormon", and be standing there at the end to answer any real questions people had.    The point?  If you can't accept and appreciate the thoughts behind deprecating jabs?  You might be missing something, and a little insecure in the basis for your thoughts. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Snore said:

Let me start with, I voted for him because I was scared of her.

Then you are a self confessed moron so why should anyone with a brain pay a moments attention to anything you have to say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Then you are a self confessed moron so why should anyone with a brain pay a moments attention to anything you have to say?

 

I think we've discovered why people create socks :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

 

I think we've discovered why people create socks :)

 

Or reduce their participation to "read" with the occasional comment.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Or reduce their participation to "read" with the occasional comment.   

We'd just assumed you'd found a few principles and stopped defending Cheetolini. But here you are offended at Donnie Two Scoops being portrayed in Shakespeare's play without villains.

 

Everything one could and should be scared of with Hillary is manifest moreso in Donald.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Or reduce their participation to "read" with the occasional comment.   

People being called on their shit should either stand by their shit or accept the consequences of their shit.

Voting against Hillary installed Cheetolini in the WH.  If you did that, you need to own it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Then you are a self confessed moron so why should anyone with a brain pay a moments attention to anything you have to say?

Instant asshole, just add the internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

 

I'd betcha $$ to donuts....,,

 

As most individual filled  donuts now sell for  over a $$, does this mean you are shorting  your bet?? 

Edited by Gouvernail
Gropenfuhrer eats shit sandwiches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

People being called on their shit should either stand by their shit or accept the consequences of their shit.

Voting against Hillary installed Cheetolini in the WH.  If you did that, you need to own it.

Is that what you call it?     I made my reasoning clear in several posts since the election.  That some continue to pile on over and over with insults and gotcha attacks has changed this site, for the worse in my opinion.   Judging by the lack of participation by many long time posters I would bet that they feel similar.  

You and others have convinced yourself that it is Trump and his actions that have caused posters  to stop engaging.   In my case that is completely wrong I have no fear of being called out for what I write.    It is not the subjects or topics.   It is the tone of the debate that has changed.   You along with others did that, you need to own it or continue the one sided lefty feeding frenzy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

It is the tone of the debate that has changed.  

Bullshit. You had no problem with Coors Light and NannyGoat shrieking at anyone who dared be "liberal".

IF you don't think it's Trump, man are we fucked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Is that what you call it?     I made my reasoning clear in several posts since the election.  That some continue to pile on over and over with insults and gotcha attacks has changed this site, for the worse in my opinion.   Judging by the lack of participation by many long time posters I would bet that they feel similar.  

You and others have convinced yourself that it is Trump and his actions that have caused posters  to stop engaging.   In my case that is completely wrong I have no fear of being called out for what I write.    It is not the subjects or topics.   It is the tone of the debate that has changed.   You along with others did that, you need to own it or continue the one sided lefty feeding frenzy.  

That's pretty funny, given the "tone" when Obama was president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

That's pretty funny, given the "tone" when Obama was president.

 As one of the only actively  POSTING moderators on PA - You set the tone.     This site was never, ever as antagonistic towards Obama SUPPORTERS as the current crap spewed at posters that are on the right.     NOT EVEN CLOSE.    If you weren't blinded by your anger over Trump you would see that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Then you are a self confessed moron so why should anyone with a brain pay a moments attention to anything you have to say?

Submitted as evidence.  Completely unprovoked attack on a poster.  Not the subject.   Not the president.  THE POSTER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

 As one of the only active POSTING moderators on PA - You set the tone.     This site was never, ever as antagonistic towards Obama SUPPORTERS as the current crap spewed at posters that are on the right.     NOT EVEN CLOSE.    If you weren't blinded by your anger over Trump you would see that.  

Sure thing.

Given you were not an Obama supporter, how would you know or appreciate it? It wasn't directed at you.

And you Trump voters...you've fucked the country in a way that has never been done before. You don't believe it, and you probably never will even if Trump is sent to prison for his actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

Sure thing.

And you Trump voters...you've fucked the country in a way that has never been done before. You don't believe it, and you probably never will even if Trump is sent to prison for his actions.

Thanks for making my point.   Your anger blinds you to what is going on.  You are lucky Scott leans as far left as you do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a damn snowstorm in June I say. Never seen such a thing in all my years I say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

...   ...   You along with others did that, you need to own it or continue the one sided lefty feeding frenzy.  

Aww did you win-win-win bigly and still get your widdle feelings hurt?

You poor poor thing.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a discussion of various ways in which Julius Caesar has been produced. This one is not really much out of the ordinary.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/theater/julius-caesar-shakespeare-donald-trump.html?hpw&rref=arts&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Thanks for making my point.   Your anger blinds you to what is going on.  You are lucky Scott leans as far left as you do.  

You are wrong. Your blind loyalty is...well exactly that.

I'm sorry you're so delicate, we had to put up with the non-stop shit assault from team red for eight years.

We handled it like men, not crybabies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

You are wrong. Your blind loyalty is...well exactly that.

I'm sorry you're so delicate, we had to put up with the non-stop shit assault from team red for eight years.

We handled it like men, not crybabies.

Like when I apologized via PM and you demanded it be in public.   Talk about a delicate little crybaby.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Like when I apologized via PM and you demanded it be in public.   Talk about a delicate little crybaby.    

That's because apologizing for a PUBLIC insult in a PM is a chickenshit move. Duh. If you wanted to be gutless about apologizing I didn't feel particularly motivated to accept it. The offense was made in public, so a private apology was meaningless.

The need to explain this to you makes me wonder if I truly have misjudged your character.

BTW I refuse to apologize for being angry about what is done to my country. Some of us are upset by treason and obvious corruption, and the utter contempt for the Constitution. That it doesn't bother you does not make my position extreme.

But you people that are supporting this clown need to HTFU and grown some thick skin. Trump's fragility is not an example to live by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

That's because apologizing for a PUBLIC insult in a PM is a chickenshit move. Duh. If you wanted to be gutless about apologizing I didn't feel particularly motivated to accept it. The offense was made in public, so a private apology was meaningless.

The need to explain this to you makes me wonder if I truly have misjudged your character.

BTW I refuse to apologize for being angry about what is done to my country. Some of us are upset by treason and obvious corruption, and the utter contempt for the Constitution. That it doesn't bother you does not make my position extreme.

But you people that are supporting this clown need to HTFU and grown some thick skin. Trump's fragility is not an example to live by.

I was hoping this conversation was going to continue because for the life of me I can't understand the dedication the true believers have in Trump. Oh, I understood in the beginning, but after all the failures, the gross incompetence, the broken promises, the petty insults, inept bungling, the dishonesty of the unprofessional presidency, I scream for help to understand. It's flat out not right that normal humans would continue in the belief that this was somehow in anyway possible, a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

That's because apologizing for a PUBLIC insult in a PM is a chickenshit move. Duh. If you wanted to be gutless about apologizing I didn't feel particularly motivated to accept it. The offense was made in public, so a private apology was meaningless.

The need to explain this to you makes me wonder if I truly have misjudged your character.

BTW I refuse to apologize for being angry about what is done to my country. Some of us are upset by treason and obvious corruption, and the utter contempt for the Constitution. That it doesn't bother you does not make my position extreme.

But you people that are supporting this clown need to HTFU and grown some thick skin. Trump's fragility is not an example to live by.

More projection.   When you posted in the past  that you didn't support everything Obama did I believed you.   To bad your anger has ended your ability to extend that same curtesy to others that do not support everything Trump does.    As to apologies I've received and extended many via PM.   Never felt the need to demand it be made in public nor did I feel the person extending it was any less sincere because it was made privately.    We all have our standards.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

More projection.   When you posted in the past  that you didn't support everything Obama did I believed you.   To bad your anger has ended your ability to extend that same curtesy to others that do not support everything Trump does.    As to apologies I've received and extended many via PM.   Never felt the need to demand it be made in public nor did I feel the person extending it was any less sincere because it was made privately.    We all have our standards.  

It's not projecting at all. When you wrongly accuse someone PUBLICLY of something, you apologize publicly. Anything else is craven and meaningless.

What has Trump done that you approve of?

What has he done that you disapprove of?

I won't apologize for being angry over our country being handed over to the Russians, or for being intolerant of a corrupt president. Again - it may not bother you, but I'm not you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I was hoping this conversation was going to continue because for the life of me I can't understand the dedication the true believers have in Trump. Oh, I understood in the beginning, but after all the failures, the gross incompetence, the broken promises, the petty insults, inept bungling, the dishonesty of the unprofessional presidency, I scream for help to understand. It's flat out not right that normal humans would continue in the belief that this was somehow in anyway possible, a good thing.

How the fuck do you expect to understand where people stand 6 months after the election when ANY attempt at discussion ends before it can start wIth instant disdain for anything I or others may offer.  I'm not including you in that group, but you know of what I speak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

It's not projecting at all. When you wrongly accuse someone PUBLICLY of something, you apologize publicly. Anything else is craven and meaningless.

What has Trump done that you approve of?

What has he done that you disapprove of?

I won't apologize for being angry over our country being handed over to the Russians, or for being intolerant of a corrupt president. Again - it may not bother you, but I'm not you.

You were doing fine right up until the very last sentence.  More projection.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

You were doing fine right up until the very last sentence.  More projection.  

You do not seem bothered by it. How is that wrong? How is that projection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

How the fuck do you expect to understand where peopje stand 6 months after the election when ANY attempt at discussion ends before it can start wIth instant disdain for anything I or others may offer.  I'm not including you in that group, but you know of what I speak. 

Thank you for replying, but it has always been my standard to argue my belief and know the subject I'm debating. I've never let people dictate the conversation and the people who serve to discredit what you have to say can be dealt with on the ignore function. You serve yourself better if you stand up for your beliefs, try to convince your audience that there are good reasons to support what you believe in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

You do not seem bothered by it. How is that wrong? How is that projection?

 What are you basing that on?   Where have I claimed that Trumps actions don't bother me?  

I'll be happy to have a discussion just spare me the "it's all your fault that Trump got elected broad brush."   Did you ever read who I voted for?   I'll give you a hint, it was a write in. Not claiming some moral high ground, because in Il it was a given Hillary would win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh look, TMSAIL is back... and it turns out I gave him credit for his public apology, when it turns out he actually did try the chicken-shit move of insulting in the open and trying to keep the "sorry" where he wouldn't be seen. And now he's trying to pretend the "tone" of PA got worse with Trump than it was against Obama? shakingheadMirz123.deviantart.com.gif

Jesus Christ, no wonder he's been in hiding. I'd be more embarrassed about that than Trump too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

 What are you basing that on?   Where have I claimed that Trumps actions don't bother me?  

I'll be happy to have a discussion just spare me the "it's all your fault that Trump got elected broad brush."   Did you ever read who I voted for?   I'll give you a hint, it was a write in. Not claiming some moral high ground, because in Il it was a given Hillary would win. 

I'm basing it on your continued defense of Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Thank you for replying, but it has always been my standard to argue my belief and know the subject I'm debating. I've never let people dictate the conversation and the people who serve to discredit what you have to say can be dealt with on the ignore function. You serve yourself better if you stand up for your beliefs, try to convince your audience that there are good reasons to support what you believe in.

I felt the same way until I became the enemy on election night, to many I respected on the left.  I'm not referring to the goofs that have always been on the fringe.  I'm talking about the same people that debated The Obama administrations issues.  With passion. And facts.  I don't remember the rational posters on the right treating them as scum over their Obama vote.    Again I'm not talking about the goofs on the right.   I'm talking posters like Len PB and myself.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I'm basing it on your continued defense of Trump.

Example please.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't strike me as a left/right thing.  The GOP has changed from a conservative party to a non-democrat party.  Trump is the perfect embodiment of that.  He has nary a conservative bone in his body, to the extent that he has any principles at all except self-promotion.  These days, it seems like every GOP position is developed not by adherence to conservative principles, but by asking which choice would benefit the extremely wealthy the most, preferably (but not necessarily) at the expense of the poor.  If no such choice presents itself, then the analysis turns to which choice would be most likely to make democRATS' heads explode (which we know from Dog, is very Presidential).  

That sure seems to the untrained eye how most issues are approached, and it is most definitely not conservative.  It is just anti-liberal.  Big difference...one which leaves those who prefer conservative government without a choice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Example please.  

I'm not wading through months of bullshit to re-prove the obvious now that you are trying to bury the turd in the kitty litter.

Just own it.

Nice Happy Jack spin though, you get points for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Example please.  

The man has a point, BJ. He stopped defending Trump... and lacking the capability to admit he was wrong in his earlier defence of the man, he fled PA. He hasn't continued to defend the man, he ran away so he didn't have to defend the man. Takes a level of integrity to admit you're wrong in public without being pushed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

The man has a point, BJ. He stopped defending Trump... and lacking the capability to admit he was wrong in his earlier defence of the man, he fled PA. He hasn't continued to defend the man, he ran away so he didn't have to defend the man.

I suppose the Sir Robin defense may work in his favor.

6b2a91a217d86c1db8b37f594d0aca06.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People bought disco albums way back when too.  Humans make mistakes.  I never bought a disco album, nor did I vote for Trump, for the record.  But I did think that "Pepsi Clear" was going to be a hit.  Kinda missed on that one.  Burn baby burn!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

People bought disco albums way back when too.  Humans make mistakes.

Yup, but honest people own up to that  and don't pretend that the music scene suddenly got more judgemental after they bought Carl Douglas' album thinking the rest of his stuff was as good as "Kung Fu Fighting".

Some people can own up to their mistakes and move on, others still argue that Thirteen Hours didn't flop at the box office. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Is that what you call it?     I made my reasoning clear in several posts since the election.  That some continue to pile on over and over with insults and gotcha attacks has changed this site, for the worse in my opinion.   Judging by the lack of participation by many long time posters I would bet that they feel similar.  

You and others have convinced yourself that it is Trump and his actions that have caused posters  to stop engaging.   In my case that is completely wrong I have no fear of being called out for what I write.    It is not the subjects or topics.   It is the tone of the debate that has changed.   You along with others did that, you need to own it or continue the one sided lefty feeding frenzy.  

The tone has changed 

the discussion has changed:

Before the November election there was relentless posting if unsupported snd unjustified hate directed toward the POTUS 

Since the election the posts have been mostly dignified well supported  criticisms of the Gropenfuhrer 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I'm not wading through months of bullshit to re-prove the obvious now that you are trying to bury the turd in the kitty litter.

Just own it.

Nice Happy Jack spin though, you get points for that.

You claimed continued support. That implies recent.  No need for months.  How about the last few posts excluding this discussion.  Please show that blind support I continue to exhibit.   Love the HJ reference though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TM loves Trump, won't say a bad thing about him.  And that Public - private thing is dead-shit thing to do, something we have come to expect from the lad.

But back on topic ... Americans are scared of a play?  In the land of the free?  Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Yup, but honest people own up to that  and don't pretend that the music scene suddenly got more judgemental after they bought Carl Douglas' album thinking the rest of his stuff was as good as "Kung Fu Fighting".

Some people can own up to their mistakes and move on, others still argue that Thirteen Hours didn't flop at the box office. ;)

For sale: One pair, platform shoes, cheap!  Old, but low mileage.  They were awesome in the day.  

 

Edit: and not for nothing, but TM is here taking his lumps, while an army of socks shows the coward's way out every day.  Nobody likes admitting that they were wrong, but it is also a bit early to be declaring that.  Trump is just getting started, as scary as that may be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, random said:

But back on topic ... Americans are scared of a play?  In the land of the free?  Really?

Scared of? I don't see that at all.

Trying to make a huge fuss over in order to distract from the huge failings of the current President and stir up some faux outrage? Yeah, that's happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the left is catching up with the RWSM in terms of level of vituperative debate. For so long it was "assumed" that the right was bedrock, solid family values, salute the flag and serve your country. Wait your turn, support the little guy, follow the rules. 

The left used to be "out there" and spending willy nilly, crazies and feel good heart on your sleeves types.

There is a change afoot.

Now the "right" has become defensive, after all, they are to blame for the decision to invade Iraq, commit torture in the name of all Americans, and they obstructed good governance in the name of shrinking government. They were led astray by the Rupert Murdochs, Roger Ailes, the Koch Bros and ALEC initiatives. Through gerrymandering and voter suppression they have convinced themselves that they don't need to represent or care for the poor... the left will take care of the disenfranchised so they don't need to. They're now associated with numerous breaches of family values and everyday decency, from pedophelia to misogyny,  stripping healthcare from millions, enriching the 1% at the expense of the citizens, and racist/alt right groups.

Some of this is fair criticism, some is overblown hype. Certainly it is painting with a broad brush. But at the same time they are feeling defensive, they have foisted Donald Drumpf on the entire world, and he is by turns enriching his family and ruining our country's heritage.

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with the failure of the GOP to put forth leaders worth their salt. 

TMSAIL, Chessy, it's a bad time to be a conservative. You are bereft of good national examples, outside of David Brooks and those commentators/pundits thrown off FOXY News for having more integrity than they thought profitable. I'm sorry you feel hounded, on a personal level. I get it, after spending years being called a DemocRAT and libtard. But on a political and cultural level, I feel mercenary. 

 

Deal with your trash before you criticize your neighbors for complaining about the smell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Edit: and not for nothing, but TM is here taking his lumps, while an army of socks shows the coward's way out every day.  Nobody likes admitting that they were wrong, but it is also a bit early to be declaring that.  Trump is just getting started, as scary as that may be.  

With all due respect, Sol, he's not. He's been hiding away from debate so he doesn't have to take his lumps. Hell, the only reason he jumped into this thread was to throw shade at BJ due to what appears to be a resentment that he wouldn't accept a gutless hidden apology for statements made in public.

A man who is "taking their lumps" doesn't run away. He most certainly doesn't make a return specifically to take a jab at someone from whom he should "take his lumps". I know he's your mate & all, but take off the rose-tinted glasses and look at him as if he were Dog, RD, BB, or any of the other socks you don't have a connection with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Total Cuck move to bitch about how some play depicts politics.  Such snowflakes.  You all need your safe space stat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

With all due respect, Sol, he's not. He's been hiding away from debate so he doesn't have to take his lumps. Hell, the only reason he jumped into this thread was to throw shade at BJ due to what appears to be a resentment that he wouldn't accept a gutless hidden apology for statements made in public.

A man who is "taking their lumps" doesn't run away. He most certainly doesn't make a return specifically to take a jab at someone from whom he should "take his lumps". I know he's your mate & all, but take off the rose-tinted glasses and look at him as if he were Dog, RD, BB, or any of the other socks you don't have a connection with.

I just caught the tail end of the discussion, but he is here, and it can't be easy.  He is not like the others on the list, who could tell you that the sun rises in the west, and then get outraged when you suggest otherwise, while answering any number of questions you didn't ask and none that you did.  TM doesn't hide from his support, he owns up to it, unlike the others.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

Snowflakes melt from criticism.  As Eva Dent.

The lady doth protest too much, ye thinks?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

I just caught the tail end of the discussion, but he is here, and it can't be easy.  He is not like the others on the list, who could tell you that the sun rises in the west, and then get outraged when you suggest otherwise, while answering any number of questions you didn't ask and none that you did.  TM doesn't hide from his support, he owns up to it, unlike the others.  

Yes, but he came here to throw shade at BJ. After he bolted for months having thrown slime at BJ (amongst others) and trying to keep his "regret" for that action hidden from the forum in general. That's not coming to take your lumps. That's lurking like a coward and only leaving shelter to take a swipe at someone you dislike before scurrying back into the dark like a cockroach.

And, for what it's worth, he does say stupid things, get's outraged when you suggest he's wrong, the refuses to answer/acknowledge points whilst actively trying to make out you have said something else. I can point to at least Thirteen Hours of him doing that. ;)

He's your mate. I get it. Like Billy & RD, it's understandable that you don't want to see his actions through the lenses of someone that doesn't know him "off-screen". We only know him "on-screen" and, here, he's just another troll playing word games and incapable of admitting to fault without an accompanying meltdown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

Yes, but he came here to throw shade at BJ. After he bolted for months having thrown slime at BJ (amongst others) and trying to keep his "regret" for that action hidden from the forum in general. That's not coming to take your lumps. That's lurking like a coward and only leaving shelter to take a swipe at someone you dislike before scurrying back into the dark like a cockroach.

And, for what it's worth, he does say stupid things, get's outraged when you suggest he's wrong, the refuses to answer/acknowledge points whilst actively trying to make out you have said something else. I can point to at least Thirteen Hours of him doing that. ;)

He's your mate. I get it. Like Billy & RD, it's understandable that you don't want to see his actions through the lenses of someone that doesn't know him "off-screen". We only know him "on-screen" and, here, he's just another troll playing word games and incapable of admitting to fault without an accompanying meltdown. 

But Billy admits that RD is an anus (and Billy is right).  

Don't chase him away, will ya?  Yeah, it's fun to whomp people over the head with Trump, but it is infinitely more fun to wave the Trump under their nose when they least expect it, and you won't chase them away like you do when you bop them on the head.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

But Billy admits that RD is an anus (and Billy is right).

Indeed. Took a while for him too. ;)

 

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Don't chase him away, will ya?  Yeah, it's fun to whomp people over the head with Trump, but it is infinitely more fun to wave the Trump under their nose when they least expect it, and you won't chase them away like you do when you bop them on the head.  

*laugh* I couldn't chase TMSAIL away if I wanted to. He isn't bothered by me anymore than he is anyone else on the forum. He ran away last time because he couldn't bring himself to acknowledge the criticism against Trump but couldn't bring himself to defend the turd either. His problem isn't PA or the people in it, it was a stinking hole in the ground throughout the Obama years and remains one now. His problem is being incapable of admitting he was wrong - whether it be about something as important as Trump or as unimportant as the success (or lack thereof) of a Michael Bay film. 

So the guy staged a meltdown, tried to minimise the impact of that privately, then bolted to escape the conundrum of wanting to look reasonable whilst still not trashing Team Red. I expect the same going forward as the situation hasn't gotten any better for those wanting to support Republicans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

Scared of? I don't see that at all.

Trying to make a huge fuss over in order to distract from the huge failings of the current President and stir up some faux outrage? Yeah, that's happening.

You don't see it but these people do.

Arts Endowment Distances Itself From The Public Theater As Delta Air Lines, Bank of America Drop Support In Wake Of ‘Julius Caesar’ Protests

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, random said:

They're not scared of a play. They're scared of a widespread irrational reaction to the "story" the right-wing noise machine is making about the play and how that will affect their business. Trump may have gotten less votes than Hillary, but that's still a yuge chunk of the market that might pull their business to make a point. They probably won't even know what that point is, but they'll make it anyhow and that will affect the bottom-line.

Big business has always been afraid of bad PR (deserved or otherwise), this is nothing new. The play is not the issue here - it's that they can see the right-wing shock jocks latching onto something and they're getting ahead of the outrage train before it pulls out of the station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Where was your complaint when they staged it with a BLACK Julius Caeser during the Obama era?

Oh yeah, that wasn't offensive then, right?

 

It WAS done to Obama, you fool. He's not a thin skinned vulgarian, and actually probably has read the play and understands. Unlike that turd Trump.

Sorry for the delayed response, but Captain on a charter and had to work.

 

Sometimes liberals prove their own point for me. 

I sid several Google searches for Obama Julius C and Obama Shakespeare and found nothing to substantiate your claim.   Perhaps you could provide a link without being such a ----  well let's say we should try for a touch  of civility 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

This is not a play written specifically about the assassination of Trump, it is one of Will Shakespeare's about the life (and death) of JC. It is often performed in a contemporary setting to make it more relevant to audiences. That is what was done here. Trump and his supporters like to think of themselves as tough guys compared to the effeminate, limp-wristed lefties, but it seems like they can be pussies when they are challenged by mere ideas and words in a 400 year old play.

Also, last time I looked Broadway did not go through Central  Park.

Sigh

 

yes it is an "off-Broadway' production. And yes I did study Shakespeare in HS and am familiar with the plots and subplots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snore said:

I sid several Google searches for Obama Julius C and Obama Shakespeare and found nothing to substantiate your claim.   Perhaps you could provide a link without being such a ----  well let's say we should try for a touch  of civility 

You're welcome. Literally the first result in my search.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites