• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Spatial Ed

AHCA a piece of shit. So says Trump

Unbelievable that no one is commenting on this one - it yuge! GOP House members who voted for this bill must be livid. One can only imagine how Trump's comment will feature in the Dem ads in the next election. Perhaps the Trump supporters here are staying away from this one because they cannot find any way to defend it.

10 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/13/us/politics/trump-in-zigzag-calls-house-republicans-health-bill-mean.html?_r=0

so why did he hold a celebration when it passed the house?

any Trumpettes wanna spin this?  Someone dump out the sock drawer.

Third thing since he's taken office that I can agree with - 1st two being Mattis and Gorsuch.  Let's see if the Senate version shows any inkling of seriously addressing the issues, or is just more partisan crap. 

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Unbelievable that no one is commenting on this one - it yuge! GOP House members who voted for this bill must be livid. One can only imagine how Trump's comment will feature in the Dem ads in the next election. Perhaps the Trump supporters here are staying away from this one because they cannot find any way to defend it.

To be fair, the usual suspects are awaiting either a Tweet from the Messiah or a story from Breitbart to give them their talking points.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

To be fair, the usual suspects are awaiting either a Tweet from the Messiah or a story from Breitbart to give them their talking points.

Rush will get cranked up here shortly, to lend some guidance.  

The republicans painted themselves into a legislative corner.

The AHCA is just a legislative loophole dressed up as a publicity stunt.

1 hour ago, cmilliken said:

The republicans painted themselves into a legislative corner.

The AHCA is just a legislative loophole dressed up as a publicity stunt.

Somewhat.  I see it as similar to the primary season that allowed Trump to get through by not taking the threat seriously.  For the House, the play seems to have been to pass something to pander to the people of the TEA, while being comfortable with the knowledge that the Senate would kill it off.  Now that it looks like the bill might find a way through the Senate, even the President is starting to take notice.  

It's not so amazing..........

Baaahh??

sheep1.jpg

8 hours ago, Turd Sandwich said:

Both parties as individuals and as a whole take big time paydays from every angle imaginable in big healthcare and pharma. 

Its criminal all the way around yet we take sides and profess their innocence.

How in the fuck they pull it off amazes me to no end

As you know, until campaign finance changes, what they say is beside the point. And "they" can't change it themselves if they want to get re-elected. So 'we the people' would have to force the issue. Last time that happened culminated in the mid-60's after decades of pushing by 'the people' with Civil Rights. I'm not holding my breath that today's willfully ignorant, blissfully unaware can muster anything...

8 hours ago, Turd Sandwich said:

How in the fuck they pull it off amazes me to no end

Because assholes like you cap on one party until you get fucked over by the other one, then you say they both suck for a little bit, then go back to being a useful idiot for the party that just fucked you over. and you repeat it day in, day out. Grow the fuck up if your geriatric entitled ass ever can.

If the Dems really wanted to bury his ass, they would vote for the piece of shit. 

When a lot of his supporters personally experience the fallout, it'll be fun watching him blame it in the New York Times.

1 hour ago, Battlecheese said:

Meh, if they vote for a piece of shit, then they also own that piece of shit.

There is just something about a Red Hatted "Make America Great Again" moron in the midwest that needs hospitalization for a serious illness finding out he is fucked that just resonates with me. 

On 6/14/2017 at 8:56 AM, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Third thing since he's taken office that I can agree with - 1st two being Mattis and Gorsuch.  Let's see if the Senate version shows any inkling of seriously addressing the issues, or is just more partisan crap. 

I'm afraid that once again, they'll have to pass it to find out what's in it.

Just now, Uncooperative Tom said:

And, it will be interesting to see if the crowd who bitched about it when Nancy said that do the same when their team does it.

I won't hold my breath.  Fuck principles.  "They did it too/worse/first*!"

*Official Statement of Partybots.

1 hour ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I think you've just seen it, Bus. I was part of that crowd and I just did bitch about the other half of the Duopoly doing it too.

I wouldn't put you in the crowd of those who truly bitched about it. 

You're just a malcontent. 

1 minute ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Hee hee. Malcontent Tom. I kinda like it.

How bout 'Unrepentant' Tom?  I always liked that word too.

Maybe after malcontent.

2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I think you've just seen it, Bus. I was part of that crowd and I just did bitch about the other half of the Duopoly doing it too.

It's like T-ball in here most of the time.

1 hour ago, Betel Buai said:

It's like T-ball in here most of the time.

And we all laugh at you as you strike out.

On 2017-6-16 at 3:19 PM, benwynn said:

There is just something about a Red Hatted "Make America Great Again" moron in the midwest that needs hospitalization for a serious illness finding out he is fucked that just resonates with me. 

I totally sympathise with that, but would still like to think that our politicians are always looking for ways to better the country, rather than concentrating on fucking over half of the population.

34 minutes ago, Battlecheese said:

I totally sympathise with that, but would still like to think that our politicians are always looking for ways to better the country, rather than concentrating on fucking over half of the population.

I'm of the opinion politicians are not out to fuck over half the population. They are out to amass power and solidify wealth, both for themselves and those who back them. That a portion of the country gets fucked over is just the cost of doing business. 

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

I'm of the opinion politicians are not out to fuck over half the population. They are out to amass power and solidify wealth, both for themselves and those who back them. That a portion of the country gets fucked over is just the cost of doing business. 

That's pretty much how I tend to look at it as well.  I don't think politicians hate the other side - I don't think they care about the other side one way or another.  Hatred requires passion.  Ambivalence? not so much.

Is it true that the Senate is going to go with single payer?  

On 6/19/2017 at 4:41 AM, Annihilator said:

Nobody is talking about it because a) nobody reads the NYT, and (b the story is a bunch of nothing.)

A complete restructuring of health care in the country being privately drafted with no input from representatives and their constituents.  And you think that is a bunch of nothing. 

What country do you live in, and what is the form of government?  Absolute monarchy?

The AHCA will give Trump and his children a $7 million dollar a year tax break if you were curious what all this was about.
The GOP Health Care Bill will give Trump and his Children a SEVEN MILLION DOLLAR A YEAR Tax Break.
THAT'S what this is all about.

5 minutes ago, Annihilator said:

It's not complete restructuring. It's Obamacare without the fine.

If you think that eliminating the individual mandate is not a complete restructuring, you have not given this much thought.

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Illustrated

19430057_1068506719950962_70732611743538

1. He's new at this.

2. It's the obstructionist RINOs

3. Something about Hillary Clinton.

2 hours ago, Annihilator said:

No matter what, as long as the government sets the price, and not the consumer, healthcare is going to remain unaffordable. 

It that were true it would be unaffordable in Japan, Singapore, the UK, Canada, Sweden, France, Mexico, Switzerland, Germany, Norway, Italy, Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Spain, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.

2 hours ago, Mark K said:

It that were true it would be unaffordable in Japan, Singapore, the UK, Canada, Sweden, France, Mexico, Switzerland, Germany, Norway, Italy, Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Spain, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.

bigfella's just here to stalk meli and troll libs, don't take him seriously

Since his wife kicked him to the curb, Biff's been a bit more off the wall than usual.

4 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Since his wife kicked him to the curb, Biff's been a bit more off the wall than usual.

Painful to watch.  

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Painful to watch.  

At first.... But then it became entertainment, considering what he put her, and several other people through. Like seeing Mussolini hung by his balls in the city square.

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

At first.... But then it became entertainment, considering what he put her, and several other people through. Like seeing Mussolini hung by his balls in the city square.

I'm half sorry in a perverted way that I missed that. In a TMZ kind of way of course.

1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

It loses entertainment value when someone hurts himself.  When one's only friends are a group of sock puppets used to spam people who can't stand you, it's not a healthy sign.  

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It loses entertainment value when someone hurts himself.  When one's only friends are a group of sock puppets used to spam people who can't stand you, it's not a healthy sign.  

As long as he doesn't hurt anymore innocent people, I don't care what kind of self immolation he chooses for himself.