• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
multihuler

Multihull Team with Radical boats

R2ak racer would like to go bigger, needs minions to assemble/ prep an unorganized fleet of multihulls,

in exchange you get to sail, race and cruise to your hearts content.

Zephr, Antrim 40 x 34 all Carbon trimaran, offshore racer

Cakewalk, vintage 34x26 Gougeon/ Gardiner trimaran ....perfect r2ak racer

25ft Newick trimaran powerboat for support/photo boat, 50hp

33X16 Reynolds catamaran, phrf approximately -65.....also perfect r2ak racer

38x24 cruising trimaran,  comfortable support ship, currently at the famous multihull yard of Walter Greene's

I will consider any race, anywhere, but prefer the east coast to gather the fleet, my only funding is barely enough to support the boats.

preferred crew are self sufficient, have extra time on their hands, willing to help in a media campaign for future sponsorship (video /writing experience would be helpful).

you get lodging at no cost and i will pick up expenses if sponsors are found.

First choice is to gather the fleet in North Carolina this summer/fall .

I like R2AK,  Ft lauderdale to Miami, any Cuba race, Rolex cup, etc5878155.jpg.857142c9ade45a84f9ea0a18dfd1647a.jpg

prefer to train/cruise in the Bahamas in between. 

open to any suggestions

I am leaving Reno NV by July 1st to gather the fleet.

Stephen  r2akteamgoldenoldies on Facebook 

yes, I am a multihull addict and I am running out of time 

Multihuler, I don't understand what you are asking for here.  You are looking for unpaid crew to race, work on, and deliver some cool boats, correct?  

3 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Multihuler, I don't understand what you are asking for here.  You are looking for unpaid crew to race, work on, and deliver some cool boats, correct?  

you got it,

in the 2015 and 2016 r2ak most of my crew showed up two days before the start, and we had less than four hours of training. My son and i spent three weeks in the parking lot , 12 hour days setting her up, spending $15k, that didnt work very well . if I could set up a base camp (cruising boats to live on ) and sail on the race boats, it might be fun, learn something and arrive to a few races with a little skill under our belt.

I have been

collecting racing multihulls for 30 years and they sit in storage, waiting for an opportunity to sail.  I am getting old, will always be broke, as I have too many boats and would like to share. is it realistic?  I don't know, would it be cool to learn how to fly a hull on a Reynolds 33 for hours at a time, I think so.  I live in Reno, so unless I go landsailing it ain't going to happen here.

I have been everwhere in the US and North Carolina is a user friendly place to sail, my wife has poor health so I need a place that is easy to commute to Reno.

the east coast has a great races and close to the Caribbean if a team materializes.  I am not a tiller hog and love to watch my crews faces when they drive my boats, everyone in the R2ak got to surf Nice Pair for at least 4 hours, it was a hoot!

Yes, I would like a multihull commune.

yes, I would love to mentor younger sailors to the podium.

The Antrim, Gougeon/ Gardiner have been stored too long.

If you need money get a job, if you need a thrill jump out of an airplane, if you are afraid of airplanes try a high speed multihull.

I am not going to be around for ever, and I would like to pass something along, if you want to work and sail we have something in common

Stephen Marcoe  (open to suggestions)  2akteamgoldenoldies on facebook post-51040-032879200%201327941487_thumb.jpg

Ps most of my boats are for sale UNTIL I find a way to take care of them.  

Stephen, good luck to you.  It is fun to share the stoke.  Aloha, Guerdon.

On 6/18/2017 at 0:37 PM, multihuler said:

you got it,

in the 2015 and 2016 r2ak most of my crew showed up two days before the start, and we had less than four hours of training. My son and i spent three weeks in the parking lot , 12 hour days setting her up, spending $15k, that didnt work very well . if I could set up a base camp (cruising boats to live on ) and sail on the race boats, it might be fun, learn something and arrive to a few races with a little skill under our belt.

I have been

collecting racing multihulls for 30 years and they sit in storage, waiting for an opportunity to sail.  I am getting old, will always be broke, as I have too many boats and would like to share. is it realistic?  I don't know, would it be cool to learn how to fly a hull on a Reynolds 33 for hours at a time, I think so.  I live in Reno, so unless I go landsailing it ain't going to happen here.

I have been everwhere in the US and North Carolina is a user friendly place to sail, my wife has poor health so I need a place that is easy to commute to Reno.

the east coast has a great races and close to the Caribbean if a team materializes.  I am not a tiller hog and love to watch my crews faces when they drive my boats, everyone in the R2ak got to surf Nice Pair for at least 4 hours, it was a hoot!

Yes, I would like a multihull commune.

yes, I would love to mentor younger sailors to the podium.

The Antrim, Gougeon/ Gardiner have been stored too long.

If you need money get a job, if you need a thrill jump out of an airplane, if you are afraid of airplanes try a high speed multihull.

I am not going to be around for ever, and I would like to pass something along, if you want to work and sail we have something in common

Stephen Marcoe  (open to suggestions)  2akteamgoldenoldies on facebook post-51040-032879200%201327941487_thumb.jpg

Ps most of my boats are for sale UNTIL I find a way to take care of them.  

Living the multihull sailing equivalent of the ski-bum life...I dig it. Good luck to you and the tribe.

Jump starting the adventure, written in the sand on the beach.

the future Hostel /crews quarters are a 43ft Cross trimaran( one of two available )) she is currently in Kentucky lake, has 5 berths in three separate quarter's, 50hp yanmar, enclosed  bridgedeck, two showers, large galley, diesel genset, air conditioner  (low on freon), radar, and huge frig/freezer. She needs to go up the Mississippi to Chicago, through the lakes, stopping at the Toronto multihull club, then Erie Canal, NYNY to North Carolina.  lots of cleaning, gorgeous interior and will fix whatever  needs fixing under way. She can depart July ? and would like to get to North Carolina for the First Ever "Sail like ya stole it multihull rendezvous" around November 1st.

the second crew quarters is a 38ft Open wing Harris trimaran in Yarmouth Maine, excellent sails, her engine bed is prepped for the new 27hp Yanmar, I will install new tramps and paint touch up .she could easily be ready in two,three weeks to also head down the coast for the rendezvous, but no hurry.

the Antrim is 1/2 on the east coast and 1/2 on the west coast, she likes 55knots so it is more of a question of getting the crews quarters ready before picking her up, she is  available in a partnership BUT would only use the money to pay for another racing trimaran that is already picked out.

CRAZY ENOUGH!  

Sometime after the rendezvous, I would take the fleet to the Ft Lauderdale, Key West race, then? Cuba and/or the Bahamas or?

Can it be done? 

I am planning on a budget for hardware/boat related gear and hope to get sponsors for entry fees etc.

I AM CURRENTLY A ONE MAN BAND, so I hope to find capable crew to run a few boats, eventually at the same time.

why so many boats?  it is fun, the more the merrier?  just want to try to share something I can't explain 

. the hostels will be support and media boats.

RACING

Ft Lauderdale Key West requires a minimum of 4 in a crew,  so there is plenty of room for deserving crew members.

logistics ;

sail in legs allowing easy on and off, one way rental cars are $100 a day, so it is not expensive to jump ship.

GOM or Golden Oldies are a great group of European members that keep vintage racing multihulls alive for future generations, they are my mentors.

I do not OWN any of these boats, I AM THERE CARETAKER! 

these are available to ANYONE THAT CAN PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS AND BELIEVE IN "Karate Kid"  wax on wax off.

will it work?  I am leaving Reno Nevada in the next two weeks, I will post daily positions and additional updates in the attempt .

Additional race and support boats are available depending on participation.

Whoops, most important , once the support boats are in place fun racing/ training will be the theme of the commune, at this point there will be two boats,phrf -65 and -75 one cat, one tri to match race against, honing one skills in the search for profound existence.  WE SHARE OUR TOYS AND LIFE IS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY!

Hope to see you and support a dream or two.

Stephen 

ps, I have the 2018 R2ak winning boat , but boy she needs work, if you have the time I have to boat, she will outsail a f31 and easily out row herpost-51040-067399800%201327906955_thumb.jpg

Steven,

Throw this one into the quiver as well.  Maybe we'll find someone to buy it as well.

Carry on with your adventures.  Hope our paths meet up again soon.

John

IMG_1531.JPG