• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed for moderator, place your votes here.

Spatial Ed for Moderator  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Ed put this Ed on the moderator list?

• Yes, he's the voice of reason and will clean out the sock drawer.
    • No, he's an intolerable asshat and should be flicked with extreme prejudice.
    • None of the above
    • All of the above including #3.

3 minutes ago, Annihilator said:

The idea of a moderator is they'd be bipartisan.

You are a psychotic lefty loon.  There is zero chance you'd EVER get the job.

Only a sock will know i'm a psychotic lefty loon. 

My first action as moderator will be to rename Political Anarchy to Barefoot Anarchy.  No socks allowed.  You will get tired of winning.  Believe me.

Its all good Ed i have taken over. I have got the lefts back covered.

7 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

BJ's throwing in the towel.  Time for a new sheriff.

Should it be someone named Specious ?

7 hours ago, Annihilator said:

The idea of a moderator is they'd be bipartisan.

You are a psychotic lefty loon.  There is zero chance you'd EVER get the job.

Typical snowflake

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Typical snowflake

Yes, only your views should be espoused.....

Now..who would I nominate? LB, CMilli..and....Sloop...OH..and PointBreak..but he doesn't play on PA anymore.:(

I'd apply, but I'm too busy, and I'd flick anyone I suspected of being a sock, so the population would suffer dramatically....

I trust that foreign workers have applied for the H1B Visa and have already had a background check done by Homeland Security, which applies to domestic applicants also. 

41 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I'd apply, but I'm too busy, and I'd flick anyone I suspected of being a sock, so the population would suffer dramatically....

" so the population would suffer dramatically...."

And why would that be a bad thing?

2 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

The epidemic of craven socks is out of hand. We need somebody to take out the trash.

My thought exactly.  Someone with enough intestinal fortitude to pull the flick switch then pull out my Johnson to piss on the complaints.  Burn this bitch down!  Bigly.  Believe me!

2 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

The epidemic of craven socks is out of hand. We need somebody to take out the trash.

How are they "craven"?  

Cites please.

1 minute ago, Moderate said:

How are they "craven"?  

Cites please.

We don't need to cite for socks, you should know that, sock.

Just now, Spatial Ed said:

We don't need to cite for socks, you should know that, sock.

Great argument Specious.......

2 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Are you running?

Why not. Ive nothing to do today but watch 5200 dry 

I hate portlights

I don't think I want to vote for a running man......

3 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Why not. Ive nothing to do today but watch 5200 dry 

I hate portlights

Well then cupcake, throw your hat in the ring.  Standing in the peanut gallery throwing shit ain't gonna get it done.

Just now, Moderate said:

Im not really running. At the moment Im trying to get 5200 out of my beard

You suck some really strange strange.

1 minute ago, Moderate said:

Im not really running. At the moment Im trying to get 5200 out of my beard

5 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Well then cupcake, throw your hat in the ring.  Standing in the peanut gallery throwing shit ain't gonna get it done.

Sure, make us a poll. Im phone impaired at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Ed, some of us live on the ocean and own boats.

How far is Colorado Springs from the ocean?

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I had to laugh. Pretty good mon.

5 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Moderate will be my first flick, and it will be awesome.  Vote for Ed,

Why cant you tolerate the voice of dissent?

That doesnt seem welcoming or inclusive....

4 hours ago, Dabnis2 said:

Moderate has the right name?

It seems that Ive been nominated, if in an offhand way.

I accept.. Some men have greatness thrust upon them

Ed and Randumb will be flicked the moment I take the reins of power.  Jocal will remain so we can mock him, plus he gives Tom and Jeff something to do

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

pig-fucking-a-muzzie.jpg

If it were a paid position I would do it. I simply cannot afford the time.

note: my political views would have little or  nothing to do with my service style as moderator.

My only "enforcement" would be applied to the outrageously disruptive and / or those who would break the forum rules like outing and pedo.

We probably can't have our style of lively arguments  without the  extremists from each side 

Anyway, my ONLY reason I would seek the position is my CONSERVATIVE side. I love the place the way  it is and I am concerned  a new moderator might ruin our fun by changing it.  

It would cost me a few hundred bucks a week in lost labor time to do the work to keep this place as it has been and I would have to be taught how to do the geek parts.

Summary: I Do NOT want any of you who has a quick fix agenda in the moderator position. I want somebody in the job whose goal is to make it as though nothing has changed 

Edited by Gouvernail
I always edit

35 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

If it were a paid position I would do it. I simply cannot afford the time.

note: my political views would have little or  nothing to do with my service style as moderator.

My only "enforcement" would be applied to the outrageously disruptive and / or those who would break the forum rules like outing and pedo.

We probably can't have our style of lively arguments  without the  extremists from each side 

Anyway, my ONLY reason I would seek the position is my CONSERVATIVE side. I love the place the way  it is and I am concerned  a new moderator might ruin our fun by changing it.  

It would cost me a few hundred bucks a week in lost labor time to do the work to keep this place as it has been and I would have to be taught how to do the geek parts.

Summary: I Do NOT want any of you who has a quick fix agenda in the moderator position. I want somebody in the job whose goal is to make it as though nothing has changed 

You would be fair IMO.  And your desired outcome (as little change as possible) is desirable. We lucked out with B.J. 

I like Spatial but who would moderate the moderator?

9 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

You would be fair IMO.  And your desired outcome (as little change as possible) is desirable. We lucked out with B.J. 

I like Spatial but who would moderate the moderator?

For PA, what you need is a hard Right moderator, and a hard Left moderator.

They could spend all day moderating, warning, and suspending everyone they thought was a nut for the other side while undoing the other guy's work as fast as it gets done....

The boards DO allow for Moderators by sub-forum BTW, so a moderator for a specific forum may be the shorter term answer.

We need 3 chambers of moderation..... The executive (Scott) the legislative (?) and the judicial....... A board of moderators who were changed at complete random, from among the members, who are in charge of meting out justice as prescribed by the executive, and legislative branch. Every 6 weeks a new judicial board is picked, saving one member of the old board to act as supreme (And there fore experienced and wise).

What could possibly go wrong?

2 hours ago, Moderate said:

Why cant you tolerate the voice of dissent?

That doesnt seem welcoming or inclusive....

Oh I tolerate right wingers, as long as they don't don socks like you.  All socks will be flicked, left or right in my reign. Vote for Ed.  Make PA great again!

17 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Oh I tolerate right wingers, as long as they don't don socks like you.  All socks will be flicked, left or right in my reign. Vote for Ed.  Make PA great again!

Wait a second.....did you say reign?

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Wait a second.....did you say reign?

I believe he did.

That sure inspires confidence.

I think it should be someone relatively apolitical, like Woody or Dawg. Dawg used to be a mod, he did a good job of it I think.

57 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

We need 3 chambers of moderation..... The executive (Scott) the legislative (?) and the judicial....... A board of moderators who were changed at complete random, from among the members, who are in charge of meting out justice as prescribed by the executive, and legislative branch. Every 6 weeks a new judicial board is picked, saving one member of the old board to act as supreme (And there fore experienced and wise).

What could possibly go wrong?

Maybe go with true anarchy, no moderators for a month and see how it works.

We know what will go wrong, but lets see how bad it gets.

19 minutes ago, mikewof said:

I think it should be someone relatively apolitical, like Woody or Dawg. Dawg used to be a mod, he did a good job of it I think.

Dawg has turned into Meat Wad, no hope there. Woody would be good, like botulism is good. Thins out the herd.

Anyone who wants to do it should be disallowed. It really needs someone who doesn't want to do it and will do that in the most efficient way, starting by getting rid of all the odd socks.

25 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Dawg is NOT apolitical, not at all. And I do not think he and Scot would ever work together again.

Woody is a moron, I wouldn't trust him to open a blister pack without severing an artery, never mind moderate forums in a responsible fashion.

2 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Dawg is NOT apolitical, not at all. And I do not think he and Scot would ever work together again.

Woody is a moron, I wouldn't trust him to open a blister pack without severing an artery, never mind moderate forums in a responsible fashion.

Dawg took a lot of public humiliation after New Years and keeping his post up was not only heartless it was uncalled for. There were classier ways to handle that.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Dawg has turned into Meat Wad, no hope there. Woody would be good, like botulism is good. Thins out the herd.

Anyone who wants to do it should be disallowed. It really needs someone who doesn't want to do it and will do that in the most efficient way, starting by getting rid of all the odd socks.

I can state unequivocally that whoever Scot finds should remain private and secret. This job was much, much easier before it was publicly known I was doing it.

I made the mistake many, many years ago of sharing my role with some anarchists I met face to face and trusted. One them them was friends with someone I would not choose to associate with, and let that information slip to a hostile source. It bounced around for ages with that clown and others he blabbed to behind the scenes constantly trying to out me, until I dropped off the grid cruising and there was no one to clean up their posts.

If someone is found, I don't even want to know who it is when it happens. Zero leaks.

Just now, badlatitude said:
5 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Dawg took a lot of public humiliation after New Years and keeping his post up was not only heartless it was uncalled for. There were classier ways to handle that.

I have no idea what you are even talking about.

Just now, B.J. Porter said:

There was a rough set of rules posted just prior to New Years and there was a notice that the mod had no business posting them. The original post was locked and sat up there for at least two months before it was taken down.

20 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Good God man, have you never read 'Lord of the Flies'?

Some of the stupider members will take advantage of the absence of a hall monitor and start do all kinds of bullshit, including posting previously banned images.

Like this ...

Displaying photo.PNG

7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:
10 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

There was a rough set of rules posted just prior to New Years and there was a notice that the mod had no business posting them. The original post was locked and sat up there for at least two months before it was taken down.

I have no recollection of this, or when and how it happened. Dawg hasn't had moderator privileges to pin a thread or make an announcement in years. The only accounts that could do that were me, Scot, or Zapata. Maybe Clean could but I don't think so, and I'm not sure he'd know how to anyway.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are talking about.

5 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Some of the stupider members will take advantage of the absence of a hall monitor and start do all kinds of bullshit, including posting previously banned images.

Like this ...

Displaying photo.PNG

Might be good for a laugh or 2

7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Like this ...

Zapata is still quite active and able to handle things if they get out of hand.

However, you may find that Zapata is not as lenient or patient as I was.

3 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I have no recollection of this, or when and how it happened. Dawg hasn't had moderator privileges to pin a thread or make an announcement in years. The only accounts that could do that were me, Scot, or Zapata. Maybe Clean could but I don't think so, and I'm not sure he'd know how to anyway.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are talking about.

It was clearly Dawg and he went on a rant about liberals and a bunch of crap I can't remember, the post was up a day or two and there was an announcement that the moderator had no authority to publish and the post was left up by what I saw as a punishment for a long time.

Just now, badlatitude said:

It was clearly Dawg and he went on a rant about liberals and a bunch of crap I can't remember, the post was up a day or two and there was an announcement that the moderator had no authority to publish and the post was left up by what I saw as a punishment for a long time.

This year? As in 2017?

No way he could have done that.

11 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

This year? As in 2017?

It was just prior to this last new years. I just got back to December 29, and of course, the header is the modern header and not what was up at the time. 

As your new Lord I promise to flick Randumb and half of Gouvs socks

21 minutes ago, Moderate said:

As your new Lord I promise to flick Randumb and half of Gouvs socks

What is your problem with socks?? 

And

why do you not consider Moderate to be an unacceptable sock?? 

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:
2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

This year? As in 2017?

It was just prior to this last new years. I just got back to December 29, and of course, the header is the modern header and not what was up at the time.

I was monitoring things then...I really don't recall it.

But Dawg has not had permissions to do something like that in ages. The list is very small that could.

8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Woody is apolitical. Dawg isn't, neither are you, but I thought that you both did a good job.

Woody is extremely intelligent, the dumb thing is just the way he comes across on the internet. 

This site is too big for one mod. If it were my site, I would try to find one mod per larger category (i.e.  general, kites, cruising, fixit, political) and then let any mod delete spam at will anywhere on the site. If any mod goes unanarchic, then the other mods can disconnect him or her.

I used to mod a motorcycle forum, it's the spam that represents the biggest threat to any forum, not the anarchy. It's like weeds. If it isn't yanked right away, it spreads like wildfire. I suspect that most people have no idea how much work it is to moderate a forum, it's an unpaid part time job. It needs to be someone with a ton of free time. Even a lot of retirees wouldn't want to take the time to do it.

Yeah, a lot of folks want the power to see which sock belongs to who. But long haul moderating, for months and years is a different beast.

8 hours ago, Moderate said:

That won't work. The site will be clogged by spambots within the month, hawking links to Cialis, dating websites and penis enlargement pills. A lot of Anarchists might not notice the difference, but still ...

11 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

Moderate will be my first flick, and it will be awesome.  Vote for Ed,

Will it happen on your first day in office and be So Easy? Will you be honored to sign it into law?

1 minute ago, Dabnis2 said:

I am retired, have lots of time & I could help  weed out the liberals, kind of a reversal of the present situation.

I just rethought this. I think the correct way to moderate all of these forums is to hire a disinterested person, like some college computer science student, pay him or her for two hours a day at minimum wage, 7 days a week. Largely with the task of fixing lockouts, deleting spam and managing upgrades.

31 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Woody is apolitical. Dawg isn't, neither are you, but I thought that you both did a good job.

Woody is extremely intelligent, the dumb thing is just the way he comes across on the internet. 

This site is too big for one mod. If it were my site, I would try to find one mod per larger category (i.e.  general, kites, cruising, fixit, political) and then let any mod delete spam at will anywhere on the site. If any mod goes unanarchic, then the other mods can disconnect him or her.

I used to mod a motorcycle forum, it's the spam that represents the biggest threat to any forum, not the anarchy. It's like weeds. If it isn't yanked right away, it spreads like wildfire. I suspect that most people have no idea how much work it is to moderate a forum, it's an unpaid part time job. It needs to be someone with a ton of free time. Even a lot of retirees wouldn't want to take the time to do it.

Yeah, a lot of folks want the power to see which sock belongs to who. But long haul moderating, for months and years is a different beast.

I've met Woody, face to face. He about as incoherent in real life as he is on here. "Extremely intelligent" is not the way I would characterize him. He is utterly inappropriate for the job. Hell I wouldn't want to give him the admin tools just because what he'd fuck up accidentally, never mind having absolutely no trust of his judgement.

Mike - you have not seen everything that I've seen here. Just sayin'.

1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

I've met Woody, face to face. He about as incoherent in real life as he is on here. "Extremely intelligent" is not the way I would characterize him. He is utterly inappropriate for the job. Hell I wouldn't want to give him the admin tools just because what he'd fuck up accidentally, never mind having absolutely no trust of his judgement.

As long as it isn't someone from "the left".  Those People are unfit for the job. 

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
3 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

As long as it isn't someone from "the left".  Those People are unfit for the job. 

Not that. Any lefty would obvious abuse his powers and get rid of all the open racists and right wingers. Clearly...

27 minutes ago, Turd Sandwich said:
31 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Not that. Any lefty would obvious abuse his powers and get rid of all the open racists and right wingers. Clearly...

As long as its someone with a moral backbone then it really doesn't matter. As rabid as Trump has made you since he came to be it didnt affect how you did the job and i think most here would agree that you kept your politics out of the job at hand. You deserve a thank you for that

It would seem many do not agree with how I did the job as well...but I appreciate the kind words.

1 hour ago, Turd Sandwich said:

Woofey for Moderator

You have found your calling

You're nominating me to work my ass to the assbone for $0 and public ridicule with sprinklings of scapegoating and simmering hatred?

Thanks, but I already have a wife and kids.

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

He and I are friendly offline.

Yeah, I could envision him accidentally deleting the entire forum, which would be kind of hilarious, but in general, Woody is a wonderful human. He's smart as a Labrador, charming as a Tuesday morning vicar and according to the ladies, he's hung like a donkey.

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

It would seem many do not agree with how I did the job as well...but I appreciate the kind words.

I can say without reservation that I never had any fear of 'retribution' or bullshit, even though we disagree on several political points.

I think you did fine as a moderator and thank you for all the time you put in. It's a thankless job - except when it's not.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Will it happen on your first day in office and be So Easy? Will you be honored to sign it into law?

I'll start flicking socks right after the inauguration which will the biggest ever.  Period.

14 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

You know this is starting to look like fun. Would it be out of line if I offered the Ed a new Corvette if he selected me?

Ed only drives chick cars...

2 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

I'll start flicking socks right after the inauguration which will the biggest ever.  Period.

Ive heard rumours of Russian involvement.

Have the commies penetrated the sacred hallows of PA?

16 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

Sorry Ed, Im not a sock, this is my only login

3 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Sorry Ed, Im not a sock, this is my only login

his complaint r fun funny as he gots  at least 4 of dem  running a round 

14 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

What is your problem with socks?? 

And

why do you not consider Moderate to be an unacceptable sock?? 

Just fuckin with ya guv, I like Holly Goodhead and Im glad youve retired Bosdumb

Socktabulous