• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

I've noticed a bunch of name changes over time. Most are easy to figure ... but not all. Under the old format, one could see the previous iterations of a sock. My brief investigation suggests that element has been discontinued. So, in wondering who "Moderate" used to be, he sez in his profile he used to be Ian Dublin. I don't believe it.

Anyone know of a reliable way to keep track of who's who?

This thread maybe? There are a few posters whom I enjoy and follow, then they change their sock and I've no idea whom to look for their posts anymore.

Not all socks are used for evil my child...

2 hours ago, Chum said:

I think if Moderate were Lorn Nubbins we would know in two posts.

Moderate has a man crush on Lord Dubin. I'm pretty sure Ian would let me know if he came back. I can categorically state that Moderate has about 15% of the Dubin's smarts and none of the class.

I think the whole sock thing is pretty silly but it really doesn't matter.......the worst that happened is you may have to put another sock on ignore. I think I have going on 3 pages of ignore and I bet its 4 people................

Point break my child that is harsh! Sock puppets are people too you know. They have feelings like other people. Their feelings are a little more easerly hurt than most, obviously.

2 hours ago, G.O.D. said:

Point break my child that is harsh! Sock puppets are people too you know. They have feelings like other people. Their feelings are a little more easerly hurt than most, obviously.

Hey G.O.D., must be tough knowing that you don't exist.

I think I have you figured out: Gobbler Of Dick, right?

3 hours ago, Point Break said:

I think the whole sock thing is pretty silly but it really doesn't matter.......the worst that happened is you may have to put another sock on ignore. I think I have going on 3 pages of ignore and I bet its 4 people................

The only time I ever found them problematic is when banned users keep coming back with them. We have a couple of those active right now. The burden on those is proving they are the same person you banned.

Not my circus now though; not my monkeys.

17 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

The only time I ever found them problematic is when banned users keep coming back with them. We have a couple of those active right now. The burden on those is proving they are the same person you banned.

Not my circus now though; not my monkeys.

Just curious.....how many sock dummies - not folks who sorta do it for humor but the real repeat assholes - do you suppose we have? 

33 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Just curious.....how many sock dummies - not folks who sorta do it for humor but the real repeat assholes - do you suppose we have? 

Active right now? Two that I know of that were banned under multiple previous names and have returned with socks.

Maybe a third, depending on how you count (actually banned from SA vs. "just a giant asshole that would be banned on any other forum"). And maybe a fourth that I have not identified, but I suspect may have come back but is behaving properly just on principles because he'd rather be in the forums than act like a douche and get flicked again.

Most notable off the top of my head...a dozen or so over the years. Maybe a few more...probably about one / year on average, really, though they aren't evenly spaced out and can take months to get rid of for good so there may be several active at a time.

Because we are far more lenient than any other sailing forum, we tend to pick up many of the floaters every time places like WBF, Sailnet, etc. flush their forums. Some of them are more problematic than others...

BJ have you made it to Port Stevens yet?

Please update your blog now you have more time !!!

34 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I've never had an objection to people creating socks for the purposes of humor. Guy Le Douche is a good example...freaking hysterical, keep it coming as far as I'm concerned.

It's when they are used to fling shit and grenades to disrupt the forums, or to get around a suspension or a banning that they become a problem.

And some are WAY more persistent than others. My favorite was the guy we finally got to knock it off when Scot called him on his cell phone and told him to knock it the fuck off (or was it Clean...I forget who made the call). Needless to say, I saw that guy on another forum freaking out over how we got his cell number and how he got called.

Anonymity isn't what most of these clowns think it is...

1 minute ago, DtM said:

BJ have you made it to Port Stevens yet?

Please update your blog now you have more time !!!

Port Stephens is 300 miles behind me now. Currently we're in the Gold Coast Seaway, anchored off of Sea World.

7 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Active right now? Two that I know of that were banned under multiple previous names and have returned with socks.

Maybe a third, depending on how you count (actually banned from SA vs. "just a giant asshole that would be banned on any other forum"). And maybe a fourth that I have not identified, but I suspect may have come back but is behaving properly just on principles because he'd rather be in the forums than act like a douche and get flicked again.

Most notable off the top of my head...a dozen or so over the years. Maybe a few more...probably about one / year on average, really, though they aren't evenly spaced out and can take months to get rid of for good so there may be several active at a time.

Because we are far more lenient than any other sailing forum, we tend to pick up many of the floaters every time places like WBF, Sailnet, etc. flush their forums. Some of them are more problematic than others...

Oh dear.  (Likely quote).

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

Oh dear.  (Likely quote).

That's one of the floaters...

After reading what you've been describing that just makes me wonder who the heck would want the job now?

It sounds like it's a bit of a beating.

1 hour ago, hobot said:

After reading what you've been describing that just makes me wonder who the heck would want the job now?

It sounds like it's a bit of a beating.

Perhaps I've been too honest...

Though really it's most fending off all the strippers with bags of blow that Scooter keeps sending you. Every now and then you have to push the "Flag as Spammer" button to earn your keep.

Mostly though, it's the babes. My wife made me stop because of all the panties that were getting flung at me every time I showed up in a sailing venue.

Scout's honor.

16 hours ago, G.O.D. said:

Hey God.... why didn't I win the $435,000,000.00 lottery the other week... didn't you get my prayer about this.... especially the part about hookers and blow for the whole SA community.... sock puppets included...!!!!

WTF dude.... wazup wid dat shite!

50 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Hey God.... why didn't I win the $435,000,000.00 lottery the other week... didn't you get my prayer about this.... especially the part about hookers and blow for the whole SA community.... sock puppets included...!!!!

WTF dude.... wazup wid dat shite!

I've been told he works in mysterious ways. That may account for it.......

Perhaps on the topic, perhaps not, WTF did Sailnet and Scuttleburger and Cruisers Net *all*  burn down?  Where the fuck are all these newbies coming from?  It's like the fifth plague. . .

. . .and damned few tits!