• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
dacapo

sometimes the Bull wins

Indeed - I've always cheered for the bull in that barbaric "sport".

I find it amusing that the bulls always go for the matadors balls.

While I probably stop short of rooting for the bull to kill the Matador.........and cultural differences notwithstanding........I also find the "sport" disgusting. Ritualized torture of an animal is hard to accept as simply a cultural difference. For me anyway.

38 minutes ago, Point Break said:

While I probably stop short of rooting for the bull to kill the Matador.........and cultural differences notwithstanding........I also find the "sport" disgusting. Ritualized torture of an animal is hard to accept as simply a cultural difference. For me anyway.

Don't Play with Bulls then..............I too find bullfighting disgusting and always root for the bull

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Indeed - I've always cheered for the bull in that barbaric "sport".

I find it amusing that the bulls always go for the matadors balls.

The picture seems to show El Matador running away,  wonder if the bull wrecked him :lol::lol:

You pays your money and you takes your chances...

This one is F'n Stupid 

On 6/19/2017 at 5:40 PM, Chum said:

Indeed.IMG_1662_zpso1insq6u.jpg

I find that pic inappropriate, even for this forum. Tsk tsk tusk

On 6/19/2017 at 5:40 PM, Chum said:

Indeed.IMG_1662_zpso1insq6u.jpg

I understand bravado , showmanship and arrousal,  looks like he's horny!

15 hours ago, Chum said:

I like when the bull wins. Color me snowflake, but stabbing an animal with sharp swords until it bleeds out while you prance around looking like Liberace is one of the dumbest traditions of any modern day culture. I'm sure there are more, but this one stands out. What's surprising is that the same people hold The Running of the Bulls, a demonstration of serious machismo, courage and guts. And crazy. The way to make bull fighting more humane, and ballsy, would be to use a cattle prod instead, that would level the playing field.

I'd epoxy swords  to the bull's horns...............level the playing field

7 minutes ago, Chum said:

He altho had to path on any thpeaking engagementh after the inthident.

:lol:

On 6/19/2017 at 0:11 PM, Point Break said:

It's especially hard to accept it as "cultural difference", when the same culture already provides a much more sporting option: Recortes

(slow to get started, skip the first 2 minutes)

also slow to start, skip the first minute & a half:

One more.. not because the jumping's impressive, because it's a such great "I get knocked down, but I get up again" video.  This chick has fucking grit.

Start watching at 1:10.

An American touring Spain stopped at a local restaurant following a day of sightseeing. While sipping his sangria, he noticed a sizzling, scrumptious looking platter being served at the next table. Not only did it look good, the smell was wonderful. He asked the waiter, "What is that you just served?" The waiter replied, " Ah senor, you have excellent taste! Those are bulls testicles from the bull fight this morning. A delicacy!"

The American, though momentarily daunted, said, "What the hell, I'm on vacation! Bring me an order!"

The waiter replied, "I am so sorry senor. There is only one serving per day because there is only one bull fight each morning. If you come early tomorrow and place your order, we will be sure to save you this delicacy!"

The next morning, the American returned, placed his order, and then that evening he was served the one and only special delicacy of the day. After a few bites, and inspecting the contents of his platter, he called to the waiter and said, "These are delicious, but they are much, much smaller than the ones I saw you serve yesterday!" The waiter shrugged his shoulders and replied, "Si senor. Sometimes the bull wins."

On 6/21/2017 at 3:55 PM, Chum said:

I like when the bull wins. Color me snowflake, but stabbing an animal with sharp swords until it bleeds out while you prance around looking like Liberace is one of the dumbest traditions of any modern day culture. I'm sure there are more, but this one stands out. What's surprising is that the same people hold The Running of the Bulls, a demonstration of serious machismo, courage and guts. And crazy. The way to make bull fighting more humane, and ballsy, would be to use a cattle prod instead, that would level the playing field.

It is an inhumane sport(?).  Rub the matadors ball in corn oil and see if he'll go out there?