tech

Help Jimmy and ORACLE to win the Cup with your ideas!

As well all know, Jimmy and the boys are in a bit of a tight spot. To pass the time productively, use your know-how and DIY skills and post photos of ideas to help the ORACLE boys. 

Here's my first idea. I've actually made it, and it really works!!  I reckon it will help Jimmy no-end at the pressers, where he has been lacking a bit of wind.

It's a high-power cordless hair dryer! 1500W (more than a cyclor !!)  of hot-air power for those TV interviews!

image.jpeg

They should mount a big fucking set of blades off a wind generator on the front of the wing that gets spun by the wind, this is connected to a great big rear facing propeller blade by a shaft.

The faster they go, the more wind on the front blades the more power the propeller produces pushing them along.

Pure genius I tell you, I'm amazed the Airbus guys haven't figured it out themselves yet :D

Awesome effort, guys!! 

Don't forget the basics!! My son, who is 11, thought of sweat towels for Jimmy, plenty for when he's thinking about competing with NZ next time. 

image.jpeg

Reading material. You've got to exercise your mind, as well as your body! Here's a book by a famous fellow American for inspiration!!

image.jpeg

Team NZ look a bit weak in their personal aero.

Ramp it up! I calculated that if all the team wear these helmets, they will shave 12.3 seconds off the time to the top mark!

...and the girls will go wild for them! 

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, tech said:

Reading material. You've got to exercise your mind, as well as your body! Here's a book by a famous fellow American for inspiration!!

image.jpeg

Pissing myself here...

5 hours ago, tech said:

image.jpeg

Never did read it. Did he include a chapter on not getting caught meaning you weren't cheating?

6 hours ago, tech said:

Awesome effort, guys!! 

Don't forget the basics!! My son, who is 11, thought of sweat towels for Jimmy, plenty for when he's thinking about competing with NZ next time. 

image.jpeg

"If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is."

Radio controlled Kelp Patties

Buy their soul back from the Devil 

Na they are well and truly FUCKED 

And that's quite Alright by me !!!!

ORACLE had an American Eagle in Frisco

With No allegiance to country of origin and to shave money

They went with the Mighty Bermuda Cormorant

Surf Scoter male

But he hasn't got a paddle where he is.

55 minutes ago, Tropical Madness said:

Needs to paddle harder.. if not enough wind

IMG_1701.JPG

I don't think you guys are taking this seriously? How about all available hull space is filled with helium.  This will effectively reduce the boat's weight and improve performance. By releasing the helium on the last leg, there will be no evidence to prompt a protest....save for Spitball sounding like a chipmunk during the post race interview.... Worth a try eh?      

6 minutes ago, minimumfuss said:

17 is not a cool name I'm afraid. Aotearoa is. Eagle 17? Larrykin? Foiled Again? ORTAUSISM? 

c50f19738b30e1dd710ca8e56a15cb68.jpg

Foily McFoilface? 

2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Concordia 

*Costa 

No Costa Concordia didn't sunk, it was silently run to shore by an Asshole and his crew, while he was having his dickhead into a Russian whore. 

That was totally different from an accidental sinking

6 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

Pie-warmer-2.jpg

Where's the potato top?

I can reach 55+ with this, I also have a spare set in a box, if Larry is willing to pick me up and fly me to Bermuda I can definitely borrow them.

Then it will be up to Jimmy to develop enough HP to use them properly, I have 1900 HP available but i'm also heavier...

IMG_9796.jpg

Man you ETNZ-AUS fans are an arrogant bunch.  So arrogant you could give JS advice on how to be a shit talking prick.  

Clearly some have forgotten what happened back only 3 years ago in AC34.  Crazy.

WetHog  :ph34r:

3 hours ago, High Flow said:

yes lets see.

I'd say he should go find a donkey and some carrots.

Seems more Tijuana than Bermuda?

IMG_0747.JPG

3 hours ago, WetHog said:

Man you ETNZ-AUS fans are an arrogant bunch.  So arrogant you could give JS advice on how to be a shit talking prick.  

Clearly some have forgotten what happened back only 3 years ago in AC34.  Crazy.

Fucking rich, a yank calling others arrogant.

If you can't take it, don't dish it.

I'd say that the opposite is the problem, I was dissapointed by losses to Alinghi in '03 and '07, but they designed a good boat, sailed it well and clearly deserved to win.  Didn't have that feeling with the cheating, dodgy feedback control system in '13 and other rule alterations during the regatta.  Wewenge will be ever so sweet.

[snip]

You're right, of course. JS doesn't need any help in that department. But, there are other areas in which he can use some help. :P

28 minutes ago, laser 173312 said:

Fucking rich, a yank calling others arrogant.

If you can't take it, don't dish it.

I want ETNZ-AUS to win, douche.  So what exactly can I not take?

I just find it curious that a group of fans of a team that produced arguably the biggest choke in sports history are now talking shit when there team is up mere 3-0, or is it 4-0, on the same choke inducing team from AC34.  

I am also a Washington Capitals fan.  I have witnessed first hand the Caps choke initially (2008) in the playoffs and then have that experience manifest into a culture of choking that has lasted the better part of the last 10 years.  So I speak from experience.  When you are a fan of a team that has a history of choking you should refrain from shit talking until said team proves they are no longer chokers.  

35 minutes ago, Foyle said:

I'd say that the opposite is the problem, I was dissapointed by losses to Alinghi in '03 and '07, but they designed a good boat, sailed it well and clearly deserved to win.  Didn't have that feeling with the cheating, dodgy feedback control system in '13 and other rule alterations during the regatta.  Wewenge will be ever so sweet.

Ah, yes, cheating is how ETNZ lost AC34.  :lol:

27 minutes ago, TN_Kiwi said:

You're right, of course. JS doesn't need any help in that department. But, there are other areas in which he can use some help. :P

And I bet you and the rest of your friends from that beacon of sportsmanship, New Zealand, will help JS in any way you can.  :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, TN_Kiwi said:

you betcha!

Good to see someone is carrying on Dave Walden's legacy.  

Jimmie could tell LE to spring for a pair of these Grind-Monkey Ass Perch's for each Grind-Monkey

carbon-crew-ladder.jpg

and sum bicycle/pedestal clip-on shoes

so they can play Footie too

just a bit of risk running across a net with clips

might consider the ladders a bit of wind-drag But they haven't been concerned about any of that so far

another plus would be a chance to be on a podium if only sitting

25 minutes ago, WetHog said:

I want ETNZ-AUS to win, douche.  So what exactly can I not take?

I just find it curious that a group of fans of a team that produced arguably the biggest choke in sports history are now talking shit when there team is up mere 3-0, or is it 4-0, on the same choke inducing team from AC34.  

I am also a Washington Capitals fan.  I have witnessed first hand the Caps choke initially (2008) in the playoffs and then have that experience manifest into a culture of choking that has lasted the better part of the last 10 years.  So I speak from experience.  When you are a fan of a team that has a history of choking you should refrain from shit talking until said team proves they are no longer chokers.  

Sorry too of rubbed you up the wrong way. I thought it was a bit out of character for you, but I didn't read back the whole thread. JS does have a swagger about him that leads you to want to kick him when he's down. 

Don't know who Washington Capitals are, but when it comes to the AC us Brits have a 166 year history of choking.

Peace man.

10 hours ago, minimumfuss said:

17 is not a cool name I'm afraid. Aotearoa is. Eagle 17? Larrykin? Foiled Again? ORTAUSISM? 

c50f19738b30e1dd710ca8e56a15cb68.jpg

I acknowledge 17 is a terrible name, but Aotearoa is just as bad. Divides the Kiwi public by telling South Island we don't want you, and it's the same name as the boat in San Fran. Too lazy to think of a new one. Didn't even add "II". When ETNZ sweeps again, you all are going to call it a blackwash again, without thinking of something original. 

Nah, the whole boat needs to go cammo so ETNZ can't see it.

... wait, no need, OR is usually so far back it's already hard to make them out on the aft horizon.

57 minutes ago, zillafreak said:

gotta be the worst uniform color choice in the history of sports  WTF

or the best!

When ETNZ sweeps again, you all are going to call it a blackwash again, without thinking of something original. 

You fukin' betcha! Shitty naming of stuff is a key national trait :wub:

21 hours ago, WetHog said:

It's just stress relief WH. Five days wondering if SF will repeat is getting to us. Just let it go... and post a simple picture of your smile should OR win... 8)

4 minutes ago, Nutta said:

It's just stress relief WH. Five days wondering if SF will repeat is getting to us. Just let it go... and post a simple picture of your smile should OR win... 8)

Alternatively, check back with us on, Sunday.

15 hours ago, dachopper said:

Stick a couple of these bad boys on the foils ;)

Cool!! I want one

Maybe some actual hamsters on actual hamster wheels :D 

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎20 at 5:58 AM, kenergy said:

They should mount a big fucking set of blades off a wind generator on the front of the wing that gets spun by the wind, this is connected to a great big rear facing propeller blade by a shaft.

The faster they go, the more wind on the front blades the more power the propeller produces pushing them along.

Pure genius I tell you, I'm amazed the Airbus guys haven't figured it out themselves yet :D

DDWFTTW.

I'll get my coat.