d2ba

The Comeback:- whats going to happen?

I don't think they will challenge and think even less that it would be successful. I think Wussell saying that this time is different because etnz have a better boat is one of the few honest statements he has made during this Cup cycle. 

This is Americas Cup---traditionally its mired in controversy and this time should be no different for sure; --i sense an upset is going to happen --not sure to which team will be on receiving end . On paper ETNZ should have it in the bag --but the world is not black and white in sports and sometimes the team that deserves to win loses to due to an unfortunate series of events (chaos theory) so that would be an upset --on the other hand if Oracle loses the AC that would be a huge upset too.

I expect Oracle to take 1 or 2 wins here and there, but I really believe a 3 point buffer against a team as quick as the Kiwis is out of reach for the Americans

5 hours ago, sclarke said:

I expect Oracle to take 1 or 2 wins here and there, but I really believe a 3 point buffer against a team as quick as the Kiwis is out of reach for the Americans

Which is why I just put a couple of small bets on final score 7-1 and 7-2 at 6-1 and 7.50-1 respectively. Happiness insurance

8 hours ago, sclarke said:

There are psychological/emotional factors that can influence the final score depending how each race plays out. If ETNZ win the first race on Sat, it will put HUGE pressure on OR, which may make them sail less well in the following race than they might if they win that first race. Conversely, while I don't think losing 1 race on Sat will phase ETNZ at all, losing 2 might shake their confidence going into Sunday (and JS would be unbearable in the presser on Sat night).

8 hours ago, jaysper said:

I don't think they will challenge and think even less that it would be successful. I think Wussell saying that this time is different because etnz have a better boat is one of the few honest statements he has made during this Cup cycle. 

Yeah ..... he's covering his arse and lowering expectations. 

The CUP is going to 

Ready 

COME BACK to NEW ZEALAND

THE END

4 hours ago, Paddywackery said:

Yeah ..... he's covering his arse and lowering expectations. 

Yeah he's providing a massive boost to Orifices performance by lower expectations of it.

Duplicitous little prick. I wonder how the rest of the team feel about him saying this? Must be fairly soul destroying to hear the boss indicate you are fucked

Hmm. The comeback.

This is what will happen; the Kiwis will assemble a mostly national team, and build a very advanced boat. Then, in a regatta marred by cheating and the manipulation of rules, they get beaten. It is odious. It is soul destroying, but it isn't the end.

Being a team representing their country, the whole nation will feel deeply about the result, and a new team will be assembled, much like the last, but this time they have a quietly white hot determination to set things right.

They will set out to build a boat every bit as advanced as last time. The sailors will be motivated, everyone will be motivated because of national pride, because what happened last time around was just wrong on so many levels.

The defenders won't know what hit them until it's too late. They'll defend as best they can, but they have no bile. Sure, they get pissed off at the cheating jibes, and can't really understand why people don't just drop it, it was just racing, right? 

But barring breakage, the Kiwi team will be looking not only to win, but to slay a certain monkey on their back. And many of us Kiwis are looking forward to a bush meat barbecue.

I am for one, getting out my burger buns, and mango relish. 

Go Pete, Blair, Glen and the team. 

I like your style. I've a feeling I've come across it before. 

1 hour ago, jaysper said:

Yeah he's providing a massive boost to Orifices performance by lower expectations of it.

Duplicitous little prick. I wonder how the rest of the team feel about him saying this? Must be fairly soul destroying to hear the boss indicate you are fucked

Wouldn't you think Larry would fire his sorry arse out the nearest window? Something smells. 

a3909074707_2.jpg

I think Oracle are doing a massive windup conceding ETNZ has better all round package this time around. oldest trick in book and sure way way to unravel a team ! Lookout!! Oracle will come out with a competitive  boat tomorrow so don't be surprised if its game on. its not going to be a walk in the park as many in the media are predicting --once they say this time is different....alarm bells. Watch out for upsets --chaos theory forces that usually strike Americas Cup finals.

The Comeback results?

Race 5: OR-XEROZ by -32 seconds

Race 6: OR-XEROX by -43 seconds

Race 7: OR-XEROX by -36 seconds

Race 8: OR-XEROX by ...where the fuck have they disappeared to?? Bermuda Triangle strikes again..they get DQ'd..

18 minutes ago, d2ba said:

a3909074707_2.jpg

I think Oracle are doing a massive windup conceding ETNZ has better all round package this time around. oldest trick in book and sure way way to unravel a team ! Lookout!! Oracle will come out with a competitive  boat tomorrow so don't be surprised if its game on. its not going to be a walk in the park as many in the media are predicting --once they say this time is different....alarm bells. Watch out for upsets --chaos theory forces that usually strike Americas Cup finals.

But it won't surprise the guys at ETNZ. They're expecting it. They've planned for it.

Experience is a wonderful teacher.

7 hours ago, Paddywackery said:

Wouldn't you think Larry would fire his sorry arse out the nearest window? Something smells. 

I'm as paranoid as the next guy with 2013 ptsd but in this case I think Wussell and Lazza have made peace with it. 

Not ruling themselves out completely but being realistic about their chances. 

14 minutes ago, jaysper said:

I'm as paranoid as the next guy with 2013 ptsd but in this case I think Wussell and Lazza have made peace with it. 

Not ruling themselves out completely but being realistic about their chances. 

yeah total wind up from Oracle there is no way they going to give up the cup that easy (Its going to be a hell of a rumble to wrestle it away from them) --somethings coming we just don't know what !!! look forward to perhaps one of the greatest ever America Cup finals.

photo-5888.gif

37 minutes ago, d2ba said:

yeah total wind up from Oracle there is no way they going to give up the cup that easy (Its going to be a hell of a rumble to wrestle it away from them) --somethings coming we just don't know what !!! look forward to perhaps one of the greatest ever America Cup finals.

photo-5888.gif

I don't think so. 

Look at Connor in 1995. He was a fierce competitor but he had clearly made peace with the result by the end of it.

Even when asked straight after the last race whether this would haunt him like '83 he said no because this time there was nothing he could have done to change the result.

Could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

Certainly Wussell wasn't making statements like this in 2013.

1 hour ago, jaysper said:

I don't think so. 

Look at Connor in 1995. He was a fierce competitor but he had clearly made peace with the result by the end of it.

Even when asked straight after the last race whether this would haunt him like '83 he said no because this time there was nothing he could have done to change the result.

Could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

Certainly Wussell wasn't making statements like this in 2013.

True dat.

True enough guys. I just feel such comments are not helpful to the guys in Oracle who have to sail the boat. 

9 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

But it won't surprise the guys at ETNZ. They're expecting it. They've planned for it.

Experience is a wonderful teacher.

I agree. Been here before, battle hardened, ready for action. 

I'm not sure how easy is gonna be for ETNZ. Just don't trust those OR ritch cheaters. 

.so the rumour is  spithill  will  ram  them during the start  .... totally disable the boat ... they only have one......what happens then?   do over  ?

13 hours ago, Rejected said:

.so the rumour is  spithill  will  ram  them during the start  .... totally disable the boat ... they only have one......what happens then?   do over  ?

the masterplan

Untitled.jpg

the boats are essentially equal is speed when the wind is at 11 knots.   I suspect ENTZ is still faster in 8-10 knots.

Given parity in boat speed, I expect them to split the remaining races leaving ENTZ as the victor at 7-4.

3 minutes ago, DunnInLA said:

the boats are essentially equal is speed when the wind is at 11 knots.   I suspect ENTZ is still faster in 8-10 knots.

Given parity in boat speed, I expect them to split the remaining races leaving ENTZ as the victor at 7-4.

Pretty sure ETNZ still has an edge...

Oracle are now faster in the light. But are they now slower in the breeze.

Tea dubai have better control  and this is a critical factor. If OR can keep on the foils then it's all on.