NZL5

The 36th America's Cup: Emirates Team New Zealand's defence

We've done it! The greatest comeback in sporting history by the best sailing team in history. Today is a beautiful day. We shall remember it for the rest of our lives. I assume the defence will be in Auckland. Will it be 2021? Discuss....

As an American, please allow me to be the first in this thread to offer my congratulations to all of New Zealand on an outstanding and very well earned victory. While I was hoping the cup would stay in the US, I cannot imagine a better place for it to go than back to New Zealand. Sadly, in my country I would be willing to bet that 90% or more of us didn't even know or care that we had the cup. It really is heartwarming to see a nation win it when that nation really cares and appreciates it. Well done New Zealand and I hope you enjoy your time as keepers of the Auld Mug for as long as that time lasts!!!

25 minutes ago, NZL5 said:

I'm a little disappointed that fast foiling cats are gone..

Not me. The cats were good, but the AC75's will be better...

6 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Not me. The cats were good, but the AC75's will be better...

race course still seems absurdly short though........give em some distance to stretch their fucking legs !!!

32 minutes ago, nav said:

^ course? which course?

Intercourse? Only course I've heard of because so many whingers already saying the cup is "fucked".