strider470

Luna Rossa Challenge. AC 36

2 hours ago, dogwatch said:

Looks like a better day in the office than mine was!

Yes, their first-day results were Hot.

Phoenix killed it today with daughter Tina Plattner on the helm, really impressive.

7D6EC239-DD44-4FF2-B6D8-1DEBD32CB0AE.thumb.jpeg.5cfabe67df9e52fd09939751948f53c7.jpeg

What are you talking about?

^

(ANSA) - CAGLIARI, 5 JUL - A conference of services for to decide the future of the base of Luna Rossa to Cagliari.
The appointment is fixed for tomorrow: at the moment, the realization a part of the headquarters of the Pier Ichnusa is blocked pending the definition of some details on the volumes.
Already expired the term of delivery of the work, which indicated the 30 June. Some of the scaffolds have been dismantled pending of verification: but the go-ahead for the re-assembly may be given tomorrow. It will be a matter to four The municipality of Cagliari, the port Authority, Office for the protection of the landscape, and, of course, the Luna Rossa. There should be no big problems: the maximum you will have to provide some retouching of the original project. The city Council he had given the go-ahead for the nulla osta for the installation to Ichnusa quay, headquarters of the team that has chosen Cagliari to train for the next America's Cup.
Until 2021 will then be used in the area external and internal to the cruise Terminal. In particular to the outside are arranged two structures, one of the dimensions of 30x21,80 meters and the other of 45x21,80 yards, made from galvanised steel structure and cladding with waterproof cover.
Inside the Terminal you plan to use a portion on the ground floor for the creation of an environment intended to cafeteria with kitchen, gymnasium and dryer, area for relaxation and hospitality. The the first floor will be the setting up of the offices for the designer the secretariat and the administration. Also on the program the construction of a wooden jetty for mooring and launching of the boats. (ANSA).

A bureaucratic doozy: per the building permit containers are ok as boundary walls / tent supports, but cannot be used for equipment storage. Aucklanders can console themselves :D

1 hour ago, Xlot said:

... but cannot be used for equipment storage.

Is there a reason given?

Strange

^ It appears the volume of the containers was not computed in the building permit. So if they are empty, they are considered as structured and it's ok - but the moment they “contain” stuff, the authorized volume is exceeded ...

On 7/7/2018 at 12:58 AM, Xlot said:

^ It appears the volume of the containers was not computed in the building permit. So if they are empty, they are considered as structured and it's ok - but the moment they “contain” stuff, the authorized volume is exceeded ...

Yeah, but like with all council bullshit, unless they can check it with aerial imaging from their desks, they won't check, so damn straight the boys will be using them for storage, and none will be the wiser.

Even if they get caught, the guys who put the stuff in them will play the "I didn't know any better card", and the guys who liaised with council in regards to those permits will say "we told them not to use them, not our problem".

And nothing will happen anyway.

If they store the bodies of council bureaucrats and inspectors in the containers along with their equipment,  that'll sort a couple of issues simultaneously...

21 minutes ago, inebriated said:

well no, fastest boat always wins the AC

Not if it keeps breaking down.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Terry Hollis said:

fair point i guess, 0 knots isn't fast

On 7/17/2018 at 9:36 PM, darth reapius said:

Yeah, but like with all council bullshit, unless they can check it with aerial imaging from their desks, they won't check, so damn straight the boys will be using them for storage, and none will be the wiser.

Even if they get caught, the guys who put the stuff in them will play the "I didn't know any better card", and the guys who liaised with council in regards to those permits will say "we told them not to use them, not our problem".

And nothing will happen anyway.

That would be cheating on the rules and we know that would never happen :)

53 minutes ago, maxmini said:

That would be cheating on the rules and we know that would never happen :)

Nice obfuscation

On 8/7/2018 at 10:49 PM, Terry Hollis said:

Didn't the Australians try breaking a boat? It was the fastest in the event  - to the bottom! 8)

Suggesting ETNZ "borrowed" one of LR's sponsors for AC35?

Actually pretty happy to see Pirelli jump ship to LR, having companies sponsor teams from their own country is good for the event in my opinion, even if it works against ETNZ.

Interesting that the Prada/Pirelli deal is making huge titles in Italian newspapers, well beyond sailing world. It is both the power of both companies and the "myth" of the Luna Rossa battles in the 90s and 200s in NZ. From a pure sailing point of view it is quite sad to see those big titles and nobody that cares about the great Gold of Tita/Banti in the nacra17 Worlds, but at least it is something sailing related.

In milan we say "piutost che nient l'è megl piutost", which could be translated like "something is still better than nothing".

Michele

• Like 1

Ah Milano wonderful coffee, fashion, master pieces, mmmmm ..... Must go back.

^

Just how necessary is this foiling thing, really?

Only for the absolute leading edge??????!!!!!!

Mock up of LR’s GR75 in this tweet. 

WetHog  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, WetHog said:

Mock up of LR’s GR75 in this tweet. 

I guess it's a fake. It's exactly the same of all AC36 presentation videos like the following:

Bertelli: “Questa è la volta buona per vincere l’America’s Cup”

Il patron di Luna Rossa parla a tutto campo, dalla Coppa alla Tav, al lancio dell’edizione che vedrà la sua sesta sfida. «Vedremo barche veloci, volanti, con vele gonfiabili, con al centro di nuovo l’uomo».

http://www.lastampa.it/2018/09/05/societa/bertelli-questa-la-volta-buona-per-vincere-lamericas-cup-xmxgLfEH330qINkpKxKbEP/pagina.html

^  Oh no: “We have a new AC logo, and wait till you see the uniforms” 

Shows computer sailors are where it is going - imagine averaging 40+ knots for 24hours.

I guess amazing wind generators for the power to power the computers will be leading edge too.

that's what the trickle down from the AC75 will look like, without the outriggers. 

8 minutes ago, barfy said:

that's what the trickle down from the AC75 will look like, without the outriggers. 

No it won't. You would never do that with the AC75 set up. That's an ocean going boat and you would be a complete idiot to try ocean passages with the AC75 set up. Imagine if you hit something at speed with either foil and break it, as has happened to at least one foiling tri. With the AC75 set up, you would not get home. It's that simple. The AC75 configuratioon will never be used offshore.

1 hour ago, barfy said:

One foil as keel. You will eat your words one day.

I have no issue accepting that as a “get you home” measure for an inshore boat but a big offshore foiler, in the middle of the Atlantic or Pacific, it will not get you home. Keel down mode is for stability, not for proper sailing.

As there is a video of François Gabart above, these are the photos of his test foils on a smaller boat, I took it a few weeks ago. Interestingly he seems to have only used the second aspect for his big boat.00000219.JPG.8f09d4b4fcde8d544e28d2ddaf43f275.JPG00000220.JPG.84ec0e565c2d796816c738c8a02be631.JPG

^  ' fess up now, which of the banned loser trolls are you......

41547361_1329242717211129_36910246113375

They went to town on that rudder.....

17 minutes ago, nav said:

^  ' fess up now, which of the banned loser trolls are you......

41547361_1329242717211129_36910246113375

They went to town on that rudder.....

The fact is you are a liar on Team UK in just about every Department and I will not tolerate your crap that you do in that Thread.

3 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Most important in AUCK 2021 is that these guys on LR don't get to the AC Match itself.

Stupid comment

3 minutes ago, mfluder said:

Stupid comment

Why is that stupid? Attacking Ben Ainslie personally like Max Sirena did as I've read numerous articles about it at the back end of 2017 is equally stupid.

6 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Why is that stupid? Attacking Ben Ainslie personally like Max Sirena did as I've read numerous articles about it at the back end of 2017 is equally stupid.

Coutts attacked Dalton, as did Spithill and Ellison. As did many on here. 

Ainslie has also done his fair share of attacking.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/dec/10/ben-ainslie-disqualified-world-championship

54 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

LOL, that was back in 2011. Long gone now.

Well, Sirenas comment was back in 2017. Long gone now.

1 hour ago, dg_sailingfan said:

This is not that long. I also think that LR is cheating already.

Hahaha 

8 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

This is not that long. I also think that LR is cheating already.

They made the class rules with ETNZ, thus they know some loopholes for sure. 

That's not cheating, that's Americas cup since the beginning.

5 hours ago, ITA602 said:

They made the class rules with ETNZ, thus they know some loopholes for sure. 

That's not cheating, that's Americas cup since the beginning.

ETNZ carved to the Italians on the Nationality Rules otherwise LR wouldn't be able to sign up Pitbull. And that's precisely the reason I don't like them. Pitbull should be prohibited from sailing any Events in the upcoming AC Cycle. I absolutely cannot stand his bratty behaviour at the Media Conferences.

Take your hate back under your rock, we were happier without this^ crap

21 minutes ago, nav said:

Take your hate back under your rock, we were happier without this^ crap

The Board would be better without you tbh because you bring all crap when things are not going your way.

Get a room guys.

Nav you spent years attacking the last two defenders and "hate" was your speciality. You better get used to the idea that what ETNZ does will also now come under scrutiny.

dg_sailingfan, you don't need to respond to every single post made here. HTFU. 

1 minute ago, dogwatch said:

dg_sailingfan, you don't need to respond to every single post made here. HTFU. 

It's A4E, of course she does!

BTW - I appreciate the hypocrisy of me doing the same in this very post! ;-)

On 9/11/2018 at 6:29 PM, barfy said:

Are you out of your fckg mind?  The AC75 are novelty boats, not stable enough to go to far from shore.