• Announcements

    • Zapata

      Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

      Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
OC Racer

RIP Doug Peterson

Recommended Posts

On the last day of the AC, Doug Peterson passed away this morning.   He's been more than a little involved in the Cup however the past years have been a struggle healthwise.    More of a blessing at this stage.    He was a giant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP DP!  You designed some of the best and greatest.  Loved racing the Peterson 43!  Fair winds and calms seas.  Thanks for all your major contributions to the sport we all love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw hell. Seems like only a few years ago he was the new hotshot kid taking over the IOR.

A major loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn! RIP Doug. I enjoyed racing on many of your designs. Set some records way back when, undoubtedly broken by now but put a smile on a lot of faces back in the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put a LOT of miles on the Peterson 48 that Choate built which became Mauna Lani Flash,  including the '89 Transpac when we were the only boat in the top 10 that wasn't a ULDB ( 6th overall ) - that was a sweet-sailing boat.  Although buoy raced mostly,  sailing around the state of Hawaii you do a lot of offshore work and that boat always took great care of us.  Thanks, Doug. Fair winds and following seas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OC Racer said:

On the last day of the AC, Doug Peterson passed away this morning.   He's been more than a little involved in the Cup however the past years have been a struggle healthwise.    More of a blessing at this stage.    He was a giant!

A giant indeed and a genius at many aspects of design, and a damn good sailor himself too... Salute his passing and mourn his loss, condolences to his friends and family.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week, I was in Argentario, Italy racing at the Panerai Classic Yacht Regatta. While walking the docks, I saw Ganbare. (sp!)  Growing up, I had only seen her in photos and took the time to talk to the crew (She is a glamor right now, very well kept)  Her owners care for her and retain her San Diego hailing port. 

http://www.sail-world.com/UK/photo/372306 (http://www.sail-world.com/UK/photo/372306)

Just like in 1974, she kicked her competitors ass. Eight bells DP. 

Ganbare-Pierpaolo Lanfrancotti - Marine Partners.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Carl build Ganbare, stood on the dock at the One Ton cup watching him plane a 2x6 mounted on the rudder post into a tiller while Doug argued with the measurer about the lead ingots mounted on deck to get to One Ton rating.

My 470 crew and I were joking, "wouldn't that be funny if this beat Wings and America Jane?"

 

Dougie was a great designer and will be missed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sail on Doug. Enjoyed the few times I got to sail with you. Really enjoyed the times I got to sit at the bar and listen to your stories. Sad day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Doug.  a giant among titans.  i my first gig was on the Serendipity43, Fromius Bandersnatch  out of HK when i first started with Horizon Sails.  great boat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Farewell Doug Peterson, one of the true greats of yacht design  and a man who changed the game. Only met him once in Australia in 1978 when he gave up time to talk with my father and I about dad's Peterson Half Tonner, still the sweetest boat I have ever sailed upwind. Downwind she was, shall we say, exciting, unpredictable like all her IOR counterparts. Sailing that boat was always fun.

5951d3baed9c5_HalfMeasureonRMYSslip78.jpg.622e7b0ef8013028d00f5768da02d5a8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those pictures of Ganbare are amazing. I always wanted to see photos of that boat in color.

RIP Doug.  I spent a few years sailing on a friend's Contessa 35 for various Whitney Series races, SBKH, and N2E.  Always exciting downwind in a blow on that boat, and a boat that punched above its weight class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, trisail said:

Sail on......image.jpg.028039abce7f02a5e880a0874e96ced0.jpgour Peterson 33 at the start of the 1982 South Atlantic Race, Cape Town to Punta del Este.

Points well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool and efficient ! To me DP and R.H typified the sailing 70's,, So long Mr Peterson, be happy wherever you are and thank you for so many great sailing days.

1974 09 Bx gunboot 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad, Doug was a super nice guy besides being a brilliant designer. Glad I got to sail with him a bit. Super down to earth guy, I always felt honored he would always stop for a chat with me in the YC parking lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodbye, my friend. Your generosity and contributions will never be forgotten.

Last seen waving goodbye outside Old Venice.  Classic Doug: his old Mercedes wagon no longer had reverse so he had to be careful where he parked.

 

IMG_0010 (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A great loss for the Sailing World as Doug's contributions were vast and varied. His designs were brilliant and far reaching. I am saddened  and know his spirit will live on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baltic DPs were my favorite growing up. I lusted after the 47 and 55. 

 

RIP DP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rest in peace Doug. You gave me Wings, it's a lovely boat, we've sailed it for many years and many miles and it has never been anything but superb. Judy and I and the whole world of yachting owe you a lot for a whole host of great creations. Thank you, we'll miss you. Fred & Judy, SV Wings, Mexico

1-23-3-Reaching with White Kite v2.jpg

63-Wings in Lankawi.jpg

Doug Peterson.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doug was really sharp and a great designer.  The summer after my Jr. year in college I had the good fortune to work for Doug in the mornings and coach Jr. sailing at SDYC in the afternoons.  I learned a lot that summer from Doug and his team including Jim Pugh, Skip Calkins, Peter Wormwood (before Stilletto cats) and Bill Hardin.  Things must have worked OK because I was asked to stay on another week or so after Jr. sailing ended and before Sr. year started.  Over the years since it has been great to talk boat design with Doug - modern boats, fins and foils, classic yachts, meter boats, the whole gambit. I'll always be thankful for that opportunity in college and the times since.  Sail on Doug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From JR taylor Facebook page:

9 horas · 
 

Doug Peterson and German Frers, aboard Stormy Weather (before her refit), Porto Santo Stefano, 1999

The heyday of yachting at the Argentario; both were working in Italy with the Luna Rossa AC campaign and would come down from Milan to chill. Miss you Doug....

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alan Andrews said:

Doug was really sharp and a great designer.  The summer after my Jr. year in college I had the good fortune to work for Doug in the mornings and coach Jr. sailing at SDYC in the afternoons.  I learned a lot that summer from Doug and his team including Jim Pugh, Skip Calkins, Peter Wormwood (before Stilletto cats) and Bill Hardin.  Things must have worked OK because I was asked to stay on another week or so after Jr. sailing ended and before Sr. year started.  Over the years since it has been great to talk boat design with Doug - modern boats, fins and foils, classic yachts, meter boats, the whole gambit. I'll always be thankful for that opportunity in college and the times since.  Sail on Doug.

if he played a role in your yacht design, even more kudo's to him . 

 

Mike Dillehay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doug and I go back a long time. If he only stayed at the Tower for only one week, sleeping in his car. I do not really know what bug caught up with him when suddenly, he announced about going back to California to build a boat. Well,we all know about GANBARE. But, what many not know is that is love of boats had him owned classic yachts and be part in research and design of the mighty replica of the Atlantic, the record older of that Ocean for 75 years. ( the black one in the picture, the other one is Adix). 

DPAtl1_resized.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuned in to SA to check out the entry about my friend and 110 fleet mate Milly Biller's cool pink boat and excitement then turned to sadness when, two entries down, I learned of Doug Peterson's death.  In 1973, after cruising the SDYC docks and checking out all the shiny new one tanners, my Dad and I headed out on our 110 for a race and returned later that day to find what looked like a half-finished boat at the hoist dock.  Those of you not familiar with the origins of Doug Peterson's career and of Ganbare need to check out this piece:  http://rbsailing.blogspot.com/2013/04/ganbare-peterson-one-tonner.html  Classic David v. Goliath stuff.  RIP, Doug-- you turned the sailing world on its head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like most of you, I know about DP's legendary designs.

But sadly, I've never gotten a chance to sail on one.

Then, this year, a very good friend of mine bought, Sacred Space, ( through the US Marshals), a 1992(?) Hans Christian, Christina 52, (The 52 is the same as the 49 CC, the 52 has a transom with stairs the 49 is just squared off) - WOW what a boat!!!

I say WOW for several reasons...

First and foremost being that the boat sat for about 8 years on the hard in CT, uncovered for the last 5, had about 8" of rain water above the floor boards in the main salon, which means a lot more water fwd and aft of there, mold like you cannot even imagine, headliners failing down etc... you get the picture.

Great design or not... hard to see going that route.

We ALL "thought" he was crazy but in reality the boat is a machine.

It is turning out that aside from replacing some pumps, battery switches, batteries and some cables, most of all of the systems are coming on line.

He pulled it all apart starting in April has had a few wood guys there helping redo what my friend now calls "A wooden boat surrounded by fiberglass". Amazing joinery, layout etc... but my favorite thing about the boat is the Captain's Stateroom, on Port, just aft of the Nav Station.  Very Cool spot. 

The quality of the design is perfection and the build quality of HC very impressive.  I will try to post some before and after pics.

We have ALL come to the conclusion that the only reason the boat survived and was able to be brought back was solely due to the designer and the flawless execution of the builder.

So, Sacred Space will be launched in August and maybe, just maybe Doug will be along for the ride.

RIP

fs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the Pleasure of family owning  one of Doug's prettier designs, the Tangent One, built and trimmed out by Tartan in '82. Named 'Toucan'

She was basically a turbo'd Serendipity 43.  She slipped through the water in the light stuff and charged in the breeze, also beautifully finished below to typical Tartan standard.

 She was designed in the transition period to IMS from IOR.  

  Just loved the boat!  

 Rest in peace DP...

Tangent One (Tartan) photo on sailboatdata.com

Tangent One (Tartan) drawing on sailboatdata.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am picturing Doug and Carl Eichenlaub building Aluminum IOR boats in heaven now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only knew Doug personally in SD for AC '92 and '95 and briefly and sharing a table at the SDYC bar and Fiddler's. However but the Ganbare design of his was a landmark design and the area between PNW and the BC SW was lousy with them. It was the "it" boat for many, many years. Races like Swiftsure and Straits almost had their own class. At least if weren't in that group you weren't in the hunt.I sailed that design from the the 70's through up into the 90's with always a modicum of success. A Chaser 29 half tonner that won the boat of the year twice through two owners. A cold moulded 41 that we affectively called the "Cedar Speeder". Then the  rivalry with the Bucan's with Glory and Sachem but alway at the top of the heap. And it goes on and on and on and on.

It's shame that Doug left us to soon and never had the chance to reacquainted myself with him over a cocktail at SDYC and Fiddler's.

Sail on Doug! We hardly knew ye!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raked Aft\\ said:

Had the Pleasure of family owning  one of Doug's prettier designs, the Tangent One, built and trimmed out by Tartan in '82. Named 'Toucan'

She was basically a turbo'd Serendipity 43.  She slipped through the water in the light stuff and charged in the breeze, also beautifully finished below to typical Tartan standard.

 She was designed in the transition period to IMS from IOR.  

  Just loved the boat!  

 Rest in peace DP...

Tangent One (Tartan) photo on sailboatdata.com

Tangent One (Tartan) drawing on sailboatdata.com

Damn nice looking boat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't shake the vision of DP & RH sitting on the dark deck of "Improbable" ,out in the Pacific late at night in cut off's,without a pot to piss in... talking and dreaming of boat designs~~~then competing as designers and enjoying the life they dreamed of....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, adlib430`` said:

Tuned in to SA to ....  Those of you not familiar with the origins of Doug Peterson's career and of Ganbare need to check out this piece:  http://rbsailing.blogspot.com/2013/04/ganbare-peterson-one-tonner.html  Classic David v. Goliath stuff.  RIP, Doug-- you turned the sailing world on its head.

Great link adlib,  thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, knuckles said:

I think that this 1995 article about the NZL32 Black Magic is appropriate for this thread, too.

 

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/05/11/sports/yacht-racing-secret-of-black-magic-s-success-is-in-the-design.html

That was exactly correct. I was there and after the first race ( I was actually in the starting box) I went: Wow; it's early yet but it might be over quickly. In the press conference afterwards Doug was pushed forward as sort of the man of the hour. I don't know him at all except to say hello but I got the feeling that he was almost embarrassed with accomplished. That was my impression anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sad to hear this.  Such a smart and fine man, and a good shipmate.

I did loads of miles on his boats, from Yena I & II in Italy in the late 70s, to Serenditpties of all flavors, and lots of miles with Doug too.  

Best of all was his one and only IOR Maxi, Midnight Sun.  A great boat, but sadly never sailed to her potential.  I believe she's been turned into a fine cruising boat now.

https://www.balticyachts.fi/yachts/baltic-80-midnight-sun/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Maxx Baqustae said:

the Ganbare design of his was a landmark design and the area between PNW and the BC SW was lousy with them. It was the "it" boat for many, many years. Races like Swiftsure and Straits almost had their own class. At least if weren't in that group you weren't in the hunt.I sailed that design from the the 70's through up into the 90's with always a modicum of success.

Maxx, do you have any idea how many of those hulls Donny Martin produced? IIRC Cooper only produced 6 of the original version with the Martin 29 deck structure before Martin took the moulds and struck out on his own.

He sure built a lot of them but I have no idea how many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Maxx, do you have any idea how many of those hulls Donny Martin produced? IIRC Cooper only produced 6 of the original version with the Martin 29 deck structure before Martin took the moulds and struck out on his own.

He sure built a lot of them but I have no idea how many.

I don't know myself how the Donny built boats were made. Upwards of 20 maybe? I think raced 5 of them myself starting Jarman's Prophecy in the 70's though Brigadoon, Pretender, Baggins etc, etc, etc to the point my brain hurts. If I see Donny or Dave Miller (I saw him last Wed. nite and we had a chat) or maybe else can chime in that are lurking here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Maxx Baqustae said:

I don't know myself how the Donny built boats were made. Upwards of 20 maybe? I think raced 5 of them myself starting Jarman's Prophecy in the 70's though Brigadoon, Pretender, Baggins etc, etc, etc to the point my brain hurts. If I see Donny or Dave Miller (I saw him last Wed. nite and we had a chat) or maybe else can chime in that are lurking here.

 

i suspect you are either close or conservative. I've come up with a partial list of ones I either recall offhand, or are currently for sale:

Cooper built Ganbare 35:

Jolly Olly IV, Betelgeuse, Shrike, Pearce Arrow, Mustard Seed, Sparrowhawk?, Not by Bread Alone (famed East Coast US boat), one I'm not familiar with listed for sale in NY, and one for sale in WA I'm also not familiar with. So maybe as many as 9 Cooper built ones

Martin built Mk II:

Prophecy, Brigadoon, Pretender, Knightmare, Impulse, Sailing Still (for sale), Ynot (may have been renamed), Blackheart, Level Crossing, Vantage, Indulgence, The Good the Bad & The Ugly .  That's 12 there, but the MKII sold the most I believe, so maybe 20?

Martin built Mk III:

Arluk II, Harlequin, Tahiya, Cloudrace.  At least 4.  I suspect at least one or  two more of these were built.  

Not sure where Hakuna Matata fits in as I've never actually seen her.

My overall guess is 35 built overall with maybe 25 built by Donnie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 12 metre said:

i suspect you are either close or conservative. I've come up with a partial list of ones I either recall offhand, or are currently for sale:

Cooper built Ganbare 35:

Jolly Olly IV, Betelgeuse, Shrike, Pearce Arrow, Mustard Seed, Sparrowhawk?, Not by Bread Alone (famed East Coast US boat), one I'm not familiar with listed for sale in NY, and one for sale in WA I'm also not familiar with. So maybe as many as 9 Cooper built ones

Martin built Mk II:

Prophecy, Brigadoon, Pretender, Knightmare, Impulse, Sailing Still (for sale), Ynot (may have been renamed), Blackheart, Level Crossing, Vantage, Indulgence, The Good the Bad & The Ugly .  That's 12 there, but the MKII sold the most I believe, so maybe 20?

Martin built Mk III:

Arluk II, Harlequin, Tahiya, Cloudrace.  At least 4.  I suspect at least one or  two more of these were built.  

Not sure where Hakuna Matata fits in as I've never actually seen her.

My overall guess is 35 built overall with maybe 25 built by Donnie?

That could be 12 Meter but here are some of the names of the boats have are renamed. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly was hit by a train barge one night in English Bay drifting around with no running lights on ( a story and half there) so it was basically written off. The owner got a new one and dubbed it Level Crossing. The written one off was sort of rebuilt and became The Pretender. I'm pretty certain that Hakuna Matata was owned by Sandy Huntingford making it a MK II. What it was named before that? I just can't remember what it's name before that. I talk to Sandy all the time so I'll try to remember to ask him.

There is no question that Doug's landmark design made a huge impact with sailing in this area.So many Swiftsure, Southern Strait and VARC wins is almost countless for so many years. Not the counting podium and division wins as well. I was on Baggins for Straits one year and we had settle for Div. win and second overall but missed the overall by 30 seconds by PHRF rating.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Maxx Baqustae said:

That could be 12 Meter but here are some of the names of the boats have are renamed. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly was hit by a train barge one night in English Bay drifting around with no running lights on ( a story and half there) so it was basically written off. The owner got a new one and dubbed it Level Crossing. The written one off was sort of rebuilt and became The Pretender. I'm pretty certain that Hakuna Matata was owned by Sandy Huntingford making it a MK II. What it was named before that? I just can't remember what it's name before that. I talk to Sandy all the time so I'll try to remember to ask him.

There is no question that Doug's landmark design made a huge impact with sailing in this area.So many Swiftsure, Southern Strait and VARC wins is almost countless for so many years. Not the counting podium and division wins as well. I was on Baggins for Straits one year and we had settle for Div. win and second overall but missed the overall by 30 seconds by PHRF rating.  

Oh yeah, forgot to include photos of the Cooper built ones that I couldn't identify that are (or were recently) listed for sale.  Maybe you can identify them if they were local at one point.  One is registered in NY, the other in WA.  There is also a Mk II for sale that looks like it may be Prophecy...otherwise an unknown to me MkII

main.jpg

1975-Peterson-35-Ganbare_4022_13.jpg

P1010052.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That does look like Prophecy too me.and you will excuse me that I can't remember sail no. ;) Don't know red & white one at all but that brown one could very well be Shrike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2017 at 6:50 AM, SailBlueH2O said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

when i was working for Horizon Sails in CT., i had heard a story about Midnight Sun and their crew shirts?  that the owner or BN had numbers put on the back of the shirts as it was easier to call them by numbers than to try and remember their names?  and at an SORC one year, a US Maxi had great fun at their expense when they sailed right up to Midnight Sun, lined up next to them, had the hold crew line the rail, turn too, dropped their short to reveal numbered asses?!?!?!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, George Hackett said:

when i was working for Horizon Sails in CT., i had heard a story about Midnight Sun and their crew shirts?  that the owner or BN had numbers put on the back of the shirts as it was easier to call them by numbers than to try and remember their names?  and at an SORC one year, a US Maxi had great fun at their expense when they sailed right up to Midnight Sun, lined up next to them, had the hold crew line the rail, turn too, dropped their short to reveal numbered asses?!?!?!!!

Absolutely right.  The numbered butt cheeks were on Condor.  Midnight Sun owner Jan Pehrsson wasn't particularly amused.

Swedes seemed to have a thing about numbers on shirts.  I still have my crew shirt somewhere from Ludde Ingvall's Nicorette from the 1995 Fastnet.  Number 28, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2017 at 11:53 AM, Great Red Shark said:

Great link adlib,  thanks

I remember an article about the Ganbare story BITD. It said that Peterson's grandmother gave him the money for the boat. He wanted to build a Two Tonner but when the fiscal realities reared their head he changed to a One Tonner. Probably serendipitous since the One Tonners were the hottest and most visible level at the time.

Apparently when he got the initial quote from Eichenlaub he was surprised at how much it was. When he asked where the costs were Eichenlaub said "Doors & drawers son". Thus (at least somewhat) was born the concept of the stripped out racer.

Couple of questions for the brain trust - anybody know how many designs he did? And the Obit's all said only that he was survived by 4 children. I remember he had a Japanese (descent?) wife BITD and that was where the name Ganbare came from. What happened to her? Divorce?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, P_Wop said:

Absolutely right.  The numbered butt cheeks were on Condor.  Midnight Sun owner Jan Pehrsson wasn't particularly amused.

Swedes seemed to have a thing about numbers on shirts.  I still have my crew shirt somewhere from Ludde Ingvall's Nicorette from the 1995 Fastnet.  Number 28, I think.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I remember an article about the Ganbare story BITD. It said that Peterson's grandmother gave him the money for the boat. He wanted to build a Two Tonner but when the fiscal realities reared their head he changed to a One Tonner. Probably serendipitous since the One Tonners were the hottest and most visible level at the time.

 

Well played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See AllYaAll Tomorrow :(

SAD - YES But watta Wonder-Full Life !!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn.

No matter the vintage, his designs flew upwind and were pleasing to the eye.

Thanks Doug for consistent excellence.

Another great crossed off the Scratch Sheet. Not many left and the industry doesn't really offer the broader support it once did for these sorts of boats and designers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2017 at 7:25 AM, DtM said:

Great upwind and scary downwind.

RIP Doug

×10

I learned about broaching on a Chaser 33....

Thanks for the great memories!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Legend. Bacardi, Peterson 43, affectionately known as the Bus. She holds the record for the boat with the most Sydney - Hobarts sailed, hence the green number 37 on the bow.

Still going strong, this photo was taken yesterday.

595da630f0185_DSCN2994-Copy.thumb.JPG.2a53505b70b4bbf45c62300f36312df0.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harlequin is still on the scene! Well, kind of. She's a cruiser now but she's well loved and sailed often. Its my understanding that Martin built the hull and the deck but she was one of a run of ~4 finished by Cece and Pat Dion. The keel, rig, interior etc have a lot of custom work. I bought her from second owner back in 2008. That's my parents in the picture having a lap of English Bay a few summers ago.

Harlequin-July 19(4).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites