Ex-yachtie

AC36 - The Venue

The real awesome fact about this solution is that the Auckland Viaduct Webcam is now again pointing to the ETNZ base which means we can follow every step they take as back in AC34. :) :wub:

9 hours ago, nav said:

^ Good point - but did you forget something?

http://www.takeabreak.co.nz/webcams/16/auckland_viaduct_harbour_webcam

smidgen more to the right....

Waal, it's a new view from the Viaduct cam.  It was previously on top of the old cement silos.

Not only a good view of the defender's base but also a front row seat to the challenger bases on the Tank Farm.  My but they have a lot of tanks, pipes, crap, corrosion and contamination to ship out of there out of there.  The bases will stretch from the parking lot at the extreme right of the view to a line extending from the adjacent inner bulkhead.. 

But what are we forgetting?

Paul Lewis: America's Cup bases - the real story 

" ...... after six months of being excruciatingly stuffed around, Emirates Team New Zealand were just days away from crying quits and taking the 2021 Cup to Italy. You probably won't find ETNZ saying this publicly because (a) it seems churlish now the issue is over and (b) they want to draw a line under an episode which has done New Zealand a bit of harm or, at the very least, has been embarrassing.

"Inability to decide on a base for an event which will focus a huge amount of attention on the country made us look like a tin-pot, third world democracy hog-tied by political correctness, pandering to lobby groups and property developers, unable to tie our own shoelaces."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12024071

Sports writer par excellence Paul Lewis who was kicked upstairs at the NZ Herald about four years ago  to become  Director of Editorial Excellence (how there is a title for you!) took unerring aim five days ago at the political shitfight over the hosting of the America's Cup next time in Auckland.  Prior to that he was Sports Editor of the Herald on Sunday for nine years.

Sailing: Grant Dalton sets sail to find more America's Cup entrants on the back of Auckland base decision 

5 Apr, 2018 8:48am 

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12026452

"Team New Zealand will hunt for more 2021 America's Cup challengers now that Auckland is confirmed as the venue.

"Challenger of record Luna Ross, the New York Yacht Club and Ben Ainslie's British syndicate are confirmed entries so far. There is further interest from Italy, while France have indicated desire to stay involved and Australia are seriously investigating a challenge.

"TNZ boss Grant Dalton says he would like one or two more entrants."

1 hour ago, KiwiJoker said:

Sailing: Grant Dalton sets sail to find more America's Cup entrants on the back of Auckland base decision 

5 Apr, 2018 8:48am 

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12026452

"Team New Zealand will hunt for more 2021 America's Cup challengers now that Auckland is confirmed as the venue.

"Challenger of record Luna Ross, the New York Yacht Club and Ben Ainslie's British syndicate are confirmed entries so far. There is further interest from Italy, while France have indicated desire to stay involved and Australia are seriously investigating a challenge.

"TNZ boss Grant Dalton says he would like one or two more entrants."

interesting that he mentioned australia while slingers said they were out

38 minutes ago, inebriated said:

Slingers has better contacts :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesus lizard said:

First post. I've been in jail too long.

interests: sailing and wanking

5 minutes ago, barfy said:

interests: sailing and wanking

Walking. Mr Magoo, walking.

They say the other thing can effect sight? Cunt.

Edited by Jesus lizard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, inebriated said:

‘He’ meaning the reporter, it was not from GD.

But GD did say in the radio interview he’s looking to try help attract 1 or 2 more teams, which may suggest given how the plans can do 7 bases that 5 look likely so far. 4 Challs, we know of only 3, so the 4th is still a mystery. And Challs 4, 5, 6 If they happen will be single-base and likely 1-boat teams. China is my guess for the 4th, was it Craig Monk trying to make that happen?

The Resource Consent (Town Planning) application for the AC bases, including a re-purposing of the Viaduct Event Centre for ETNZ, are available here: https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/have-your-say/have-your-say-notified-resource-consent/notified-resource-consent-applications-open-submissions/Pages/ResourceConsentApplication.aspx?itemId=147&applNum=BUN60318372

I really wish I could either figure out how to resize images on an iPad, or post images greater than 1Mb.  In the meantime you’ll need to follow the link.

This one takes you straight to the key architectural drawings (I think): 44.%20DS4.a%20Architectural%20Drawing%20

^ :o  That's a shed load of documentation - some great drawings in there....

(The downloads are available at the bottom of your first link)

3 hours ago, Ex-yachtie said:

The Resource Consent (Town Planning) application for the AC bases, including a re-purposing of the Viaduct Event Centre for ETNZ, are available here: https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/have-your-say/have-your-say-notified-resource-consent/notified-resource-consent-applications-open-submissions/Pages/ResourceConsentApplication.aspx?itemId=147&applNum=BUN60318372

Thanks for this.  A few hours of light reading!

Here's the first zinger.  Shouldn't be a problem but there's many a slip twixt lip and the Cup.

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 11.42.44 PM.png

Interesting concept drawing for the ETNZ base.  I love how they even provide dimensions for the ETNZ flag.  :lol:

a088dy.jpg

Having said that, is there enough room within the existing structure for what ETNZ needs?

WetHog  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Venue drawings are pretty damn cool. 

5e5smh.jpg

LR will have a pretty sweet spot.  Is that the Cup winning AC50 on display in front of the ETNZ base?

2elv81u.jpg

Only 2 teams beyond ETNZ and LR that will have 2 boats?  BAR and NYYC?

2qv6ulv.jpg

• Like 1

More base detail.

Base B (LR):

zlu2d1.jpg

Bases C and D:

110ly7a.jpg

Bases E and F:

j08l0m.jpg

Base G:

dz8bwp.jpg

Pretty cool to see how they will fit everything in.  

• Like 2

Good posting ^

That AC50 at the front end of the Events Centre/ETNZ Base, is where they say they hope to go a bit public and interactive

image.thumb.png.657a51f3f91881f1c07a318b0f262632.png

12 hours ago, WetHog said:

Having said that, is there enough room within the existing structure for what ETNZ needs?

Did you not have a look at this interior walk-around thing? http://guidedtours.property3d.co.nz/tour/byRw0YfEdZb1gCPCYzNOW?scene=-36.84089891908084|174.758624281263|73.26823044239849|24.553720678777815|0.3299999999999999|9mfAvQ7QeT4AAAQvOYU7zQ|false|GOOGLE

2 hours ago, inebriated said:

just goes to show how in debt ETNZ is to LR

sad

You can't let it go, can you!

Come back and tell us something new -- say perhaps when Australia gets it's shit together and musters a challenge for the Cup.

Blake protege stands for President of Marine Industry Assoc

"With a second set of Resource Consent Applications having just been lodged, the NZ marine industry needs to put itself onto a stronger and more substantial footing. There are significant issues in the Consent application and associated reports and the Bases - along with their legacy use - border on established superyacht and marine industry facilities."

https://www.sail-world.com/news/204224/?source=email

In today's sail-world.com Richard Gladwell wastes no time getting into the intricacies of the new Resource Consent application. His concern is a broad one - the knock-on effect on all the marine industries affected. 

Just now, KiwiJoker said:

You can't let it go, can you!

Come back and tell us something new when Australia musters a challenge for the Cup.

it's just obvious dick suckery and i don't think that's how this game should be played that's all

Australian pubic doesn't really care about the AC like NZ and that's fine, i don't think we should be implying that anyone or any country are pussy's just because they don't want to enter a competition with only one real competitor - TNZ (unless artemis join). Anyway, what would we prove that we already haven't, that we are a superior sporting and sailing nation?

13 hours ago, WetHog said:

Interesting concept drawing for the ETNZ base.  I love how they even provide dimensions for the ETNZ flag.  :lol:

a088dy.jpg

It's a bloody palace, mate. It is Nirvana compared with the shit-hole, weed-infested, container-tent encampment in a cramped industrial site that they've endured in recent years. Plenty of room outside for secondary temp constructions if needed. 

And it's all theirs, rent free, for the next decade, as long as they defend and retain the Cup.

Here's how the promo for the Events Centre reads:  

"ANZ Viaduct Events Centre, located on Auckland’s vibrant waterfront, is a premium venue boasting seven stunning spaces, including central Auckland's largest banquet space with capacity for up to 1,200 guests.

"With 6,000m² of space spanning three levels, the building has been designed to a five star environmental standard and makes the most of its impressive waterfront location with glass walls, balconies and easy access to the wharf."

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, inebriated said:

it's just obvious dick suckery and i don't think that's how this game should be played that's all

Australian pubic doesn't really care about the AC like NZ and that's fine, i don't think we should be implying that anyone or any country are pussy's just because they don't want to enter a competition with only one real competitor - TNZ (unless artemis join). Anyway, what would we prove that we already haven't, that we are a superior sporting and sailing nation?

Look,  I'm not interested in prolonging this exchange.  I guess we should be grateful that at least one Aussie is interested, even if his perspective is distorted. Cricket, anyone?

Every competition needs a foundation, rules, standards.  For the America's Cup the groundwork was laid 150 years ago by American George Schuyler, the first challenger and winner. In his Deed of Gift he said the Cup was "donated upon the condition that it shall be preserved as a perpetual challenge Cup for friendly competition between foreign countries.

To this day the Deed with some Court-approved changes, is the go-to document for interpretation. Nothing that Luna Rossa or ETNZ have done has been challenged or is likely to be challenged.

I suppose we should be grateful that you see no threat from  the new NYYC challenge. Only wish I could be as sanguine.

57 minutes ago, KiwiJoker said:

Look,  I'm not interested in prolonging this exchange.  I guess we should be grateful that at least one Aussie is interested, even if his perspective is distorted. Cricket, anyone?

Every competition needs a foundation, rules, standards.  For the America's Cup the groundwork was laid 150 years ago by American George Schuyler, the first challenger and winner. In his Deed of Gift he said the Cup was "donated upon the condition that it shall be preserved as a perpetual challenge Cup for friendly competition between foreign countries.

To this day the Deed with some Court-approved changes, is the go-to document for interpretation. Nothing that Luna Rossa or ETNZ have done has been challenged or is likely to be challenged.

I suppose we should be grateful that you see no threat from  the new NYYC challenge. Only wish I could be as sanguine.

To be honest, I think that team NYYC are too new to have a really good shot at it unless maybe they buy the remainder of OTUSA and all their research and development, although it’s not like OTUSA were that amazing. 

i reckon LR will find an excuse to fuck things up

persionally I think it will be LRBAR in the cup match and they get smashed by TNZ

thus is all assuming that Artemis are out which would be sad but is looking increasingly likely every day that they stay silent 

4 hours ago, inebriated said:

To be honest, I think that team NYYC are too new to have a really good shot at it unless maybe they buy the remainder of OTUSA and all their research and development, although it’s not like OTUSA were that amazing. 

persionally I think it will be LRBAR in the cup match and they get smashed by TNZ

thus is all assuming that Artemis are out which would be sad but is looking increasingly likely every day that they stay silent 

4 hours ago, inebriated said:

Feh!

So be it.

9 hours ago, hoom said:

I did after the post you quoted.  At the time it didn't seem like enough vertical space based on the drawing but the detailed architectural drawings cleared things up.  Just didn't feel like editing that post.  :P

Still, LR has the choice spot and its not debatable.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WetHog said:

I did after the post you quoted.  At the time it didn't seem like enough vertical space based on the drawing but the detailed architectural drawings cleared things up.  Just didn't feel like editing that post.  :P

Still, LR has the choice spot and its not debatable.  

A five minute walk around the viaduct is enough to prove this simply isn't so (depending on your requirements of course).

The ETNZ base is literally smack in the middle of the most popular area with the maximum possible public exposure and options for hosting.

The LR base while it's location looks great on paper is in reality a little of the beaten/walked path, 90% of foot traffic through the area goes directly along North Wharf where all the bars are and over the draw bridge right next to the event centre where ETNZ are.

I guess it depends what your after but if your after keeping your fans and sponsors happy ETNZ couldn't be better positioned, if your after a little privacy and quite time then LR definitely have a decent spot for that!

1 hour ago, Boybland said:

The ETNZ base is literally smack in the middle of the most popular area with the maximum possible public exposure and options for hosting.

The LR base while it's location looks great on paper is in reality a little of the beaten/walked path, 90% of foot traffic through the area goes directly along North Wharf where all the bars are and over the draw bridge right next to the event centre where ETNZ are.

Agree.

9 hours ago, Boybland said:

A five minute walk around the viaduct is enough to prove this simply isn't so (depending on your requirements of course).

I guess it depends what your after but if your after keeping your fans and sponsors happy ETNZ couldn't be better positioned, if your after a little privacy and quite time then LR definitely have a decent spot for that!

boom beat me to it but Boyband is spot on. The Italians will be sequestered behind the Maritime Museum and off the beaten track. Preferable perhaps if you want to be  shrinking violet but I've never viewed the Italians in that light.

The primo possie,, already built and ready to move into, goes to the Defender.  And rightly so.  Can't wait to see what they make of the opportunity.

Gee, the Kiwi's don't agree with my comment LR has the best base location.  Shocker.

I"ll take the locals word on it the LR base is "off the beaten path" but my opinion LR has the best base location is more from a visual standpoint than foot traffic access. 

LR is an Italian team, a European team.  I am sure they want all the foot traffic they can get from the locals, and whoever makes the pilgrimage down to Kiwiland for the AC, but what really benefits them is getting all the exposure they can get TV wise.  And they will get that from their base location throughout the Prada Cup and the AC, whether their team is in the AC or not, because their base is out there by itself on the end of that pier and ETNZ has to pass it every time they dock out.  

10 hours ago, WetHog said:

Gee, the Kiwi's don't agree with my comment LR has the best base location.  Shocker.

I"ll take the locals word on it the LR base is "off the beaten path" but my opinion LR has the best base location is more from a visual standpoint than foot traffic access. 

LR is an Italian team, a European team.  I am sure they want all the foot traffic they can get from the locals, and whoever makes the pilgrimage down to Kiwiland for the AC, but what really benefits them is getting all the exposure they can get TV wise.  And they will get that from their base location throughout the Prada Cup and the AC, whether their team is in the AC or not, because their base is out there by itself on the end of that pier and ETNZ has to pass it every time they dock out.  

It really is something you need to see from the ground to fully appreciate especially on a busy day, the entire viaduct is basically designed to drive people through the choke point at the draw bridge, they are even forced to wait there sometimes while it opens to let boats in and out, this can take upto 10 minutes if your really lucky and it's a fleet of spectator boats after a race has been on. either side of the bridge is absolutely prime exposure real estate.

Also if you ever go there whenever anything like the Volvo etc... is in town it appears that anyone with a marketing hat on agrees with me as everything is always clustered around this location.

LR haven't got a bad location by any means, they could have a great location with a bit work on West side of the museum, but the events centre and surrounds is better.

50 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Has LR chosen which base site yet?

First let me endorse Boyband's last. He's got it nailed.

Haven't seen anything re LR choice but it's a no brainer. Bigger base, no-one looking over their shoulder, closer to the Waitemata, and removed from smelly oil tanks.

2 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

First let me endorse Boyband's last. He's got it nailed.

Haven't seen anything re LR choice but it's a no brainer. Bigger base, no-one looking over their shoulder, closer to the Waitemata, and removed from smelly oil tanks.

I forget, does ETNZ as Defender get first dibs of bases or does the Protocol give that choice to the first entered Challenger?

21 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

I forget, does ETNZ as Defender get first dibs of bases or does the Protocol give that choice to the first entered Challenger?

My understanding is that ETNZ are in the water side of the events centre.

That was from a news article quite some time ago which I believe also had LR in the next best spot out on the end of the Maritime Museum.

The tank farm sites are for any other challengers and can be expanded by as many sites as are neccessary to cater for them.

Happy to be corrected if someone has more up to date information that says otherwise.

3 hours ago, Boybland said:

The tank farm  Love Canal sites are for any other challengers and can be expanded by as many sites as are neccessary to cater for them.

9 hours ago, Boybland said:

My understanding is that ETNZ are in the water side of the events centre.

That was from a news article quite some time ago which I believe also had LR in the next best spot out on the end of the Maritime Museum.

The tank farm sites are for any other challengers and can be expanded by as many sites as are neccessary to cater for them.

Happy to be corrected if someone has more up to date information that says otherwise.

My take on it  -- the Resource Consent originally submitted had ETNZ at the end of the Museum wharf. It was to be their new permanent home. The game kept changing and eventually ETNZ proposed they inhabit the Events Centre. Great move. My understanding is they get the entire building and contiguous wharf space. Ten years max which would permit two additional campaigns.  But no permanent home. Have sighted no official announcements that LR is slated for Museum wharf but they'd be crazy not to grab it.

On 17/04/2018 at 5:51 PM, nav said:

Good posting ^

That AC50 at the front end of the Events Centre/ETNZ Base, is where they say they hope to go a bit public and interactive

image.thumb.png.657a51f3f91881f1c07a318b0f262632.png

Looks more like the AC72, why would they go to the trouble of sketching out a cat with a more complicated cross structure. Would be cool to see both on display.

2 hours ago, Raptorsailor said:

Looks more like the AC72, why would they go to the trouble of sketching out a cat with a more complicated cross structure. Would be cool to see both on display.

I concur, looks like the AC72 to me as well, it's got pretty destinct fairing, I guess that explains why the hulls are still sitting in gladwrap over by the Onehunga offramp!

looks like a bit of both

the semi circular fdairing at the front of the tramp and the diagonal crossbeams look like the 72 whereas the fairing on the bowsprit to create a decksweeping jib did not exist on ETNZ's ac72 that i am aware of

it seems odd that they would display the boat that lost the americas cup in the way that it did, i could be very surprised if we saw that boat ever again

i think that it will be the ac50

16 minutes ago, inebriated said:

looks like a bit of both

the semi circular fdairing at the front of the tramp and the diagonal crossbeams look like the 72 whereas the fairing on the bowsprit to create a decksweeping jib did not exist on ETNZ's ac72 that i am aware of

it seems odd that they would display the boat that lost the americas cup in the way that it did, i could be very surprised if we saw that boat ever again

The second AC72 definitely had fairing on the sprit, just look at any of the pictures of the race where they are trying to turn it upside down. :)

Besides KZ-1 has been hanging around the viaduct for decades as a losing boat.

Just now, Boybland said:

The second AC72 definitely had fairing on the sprit, just look at any of the pictures of the race where they are trying to turn it upside down. :)

Besides KZ-1 has been hanging around the viaduct for decades as a losing boat.

alright, i must have been looking at older puctures

i think that they will show the ac50 though before they show off the 72

KZ-1 is hanging around because it was a visually amazing boat and it got beaten by a different kind of boat altogether, the 72's are a bit less impressive to look at especially with the wing off and the kiwi boat got humiliated by a faster boat of the same kind

Personally, I'd like to see the first 72 displayed, as that boat did all of its sailing in Auckland, and was the first ever AC72 in the water.

25 minutes ago, inebriated said:

alright, i must have been looking at older puctures

i think that they will show the ac50 though before they show off the 72

KZ-1 is hanging around because it was a visually amazing boat and it got beaten by a different kind of boat altogether, the 72's are a bit less impressive to look at especially with the wing off and the kiwi boat got humiliated by a faster boat of the same kind

Personally I love the AC72 and think it would make an much better visual spectacle than the AC50 especially with the boards in and if you were allowed to walk around underneath it.  It didn't win, but pretty certain it still has a special place in a few Kiwi hearts, just like KZ-1 did and for similar reasons, it was a thoroughbred nuetered by rule changes to make it less competitive and it still very nearly got the job done! but still a fabulous design none the less.  It's also the boat that really rekindled AC interest for Kiwis after all the nonesense with Bertarelli and Ellison basically killed it dead!

While they can't put the wing on display for safety reason, they should put a mast and a wire version of the wing, it would allow visitors to appreciate the size of it and it is always easier to picture the whole thing with some reference points.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, inebriated said:

looks like a bit of both

no, it's being used next year in the AC50 Larry circuit

16 minutes ago, barfy said:

no, it's being used next year in the AC50 Larry circuit

giphy.gif

Drawn by architects so......

Swap the controls from the 50 into the 72, power bank from a 75, crew of 3 = worlds fastest day charter :D Should bring in some bucks....

Just now, nav said:

Drawn by architects so......

Swap the controls from the 50 into the 72, power bank from a 75, crew of 3 = worlds fastest day charter :D Should bring in some bucks....

until oracle copy them again and bring out the same thing but faster hahaha

14 hours ago, inebriated said:

until oracle copy them again and bring out the same thing but faster hahaha

By having the coastgaurd specify charter boats can only go out in breezes above 15 knots but below 20...

54 minutes ago, Boybland said:

By having the coastgaurd specify charter boats can only go out in breezes above 15 knots but below 20...

hahahaha yes

23 hours ago, Lakrass said:

they should put a mast and a wire version of the wing, it would allow visitors to appreciate the size of it

Great idea!

Was kinda hoping for a wing horizontal in a tent or something but a vertical representation would be even better :)

12 hours ago, nav said:

Live coverage.

So what's the best way to do this?

Sounds like there are big question marks heading towards the World Cup next year

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2018/04/23/105702/spark-must-up-its-streaming-game-for-the-rugby-world-cup

Does going with YouTube get around these issues? Better options? Anything heard from COR/D?

Yup, with YT you plug in your feed and they handle the rest... frankly you could stream from your own lounge with the same scale and performance as anyone else using YT... it will be able to send to millions and millions live...

But this is not an option for Spark as it is a subscription service that they need and YT commercial terms are in no way compatible.. there are plenty of 'off-the-shelf' solutions that will give Spark the tech, they will just need the bandwidth and the most important part - plenty of time to optimise the very domain-specific configuration for NZ's infrastructure... ironically Sky know more about this than anyone else in the world....

On 24/04/2018 at 6:19 PM, Kiwing said:

@Lakrass  Great idea, it was ahead of it's time in many ways.  A wire wing to appreciate it's size, Yes.

How about an actual wing sans cladding, just the ribs, would look mean!

But yes, agree really liking the idea of a full size representation of the wing!

On 30/04/2018 at 1:43 PM, Boybland said:

How about an actual wing sans cladding, just the ribs, would look mean!

I think that would be too floppy, from my understanding actual wings get a fair bit of stability from the shrink wrap.

17 hours ago, nav said:

Time to submit! ;)

Have your say on America’s Cup base plan

Monday, 30 April 2018, 12:03 pm
Press Release: Auckland Council 

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/AK1804/S00708/have-your-say-on-americas-cup-base-plan.htm

I made a submission on the previous resource consent, supporting the plan advanced by ETNZ and the Council.

About a week ago i received a quite comprehensive mailed update on the state of play, along with an invitation to submit again. It's a bit of an eyeopener to realise just how detailed and complex this process is.

Anyway, I'm gonna let 'em have my ten cents worth again. Not much to criticise this time. It appears to be a pretty effective plan given the time, space and money constraints and the  concerns of critics.

I  really like the fact that Auckland and the NZ Govt have committed to a ten-year resource timeline to provide for two more additional defences when/ if needed.  

About the only thing that isn't clear is whether ETNZ can continue to use  the Events Centre as a base over the next ten years if they have to mount future challengers overseas.

I also got the leter back concerning submissions.

Imagine the consents process on this little project...

image.thumb.png.6f07fdbf5a63b3c1a898cceb789561c9.png

2 hours ago, nav said:

I also got the leter back concerning submissions.

Imagine the consents process on this little project...

image.thumb.png.6f07fdbf5a63b3c1a898cceb789561c9.png

SSOH would probably attempt a military coup before letting this get through, although one might be able to argue it actually gives more area back to the water.

Locals who want an opportunity to check out the new home for ETNZ and get the good oil on plans for its use can show up down at  The Viaduct on two separate days. 

FB9A4TMNoEqBBAjVaADCzg
tspacer.gif
tspacer.gif
tspacer.gif
tspacer.gif
tspacer.gif 36th America’s Cup resource consent application 
information drop in sessions
tspacer.gif
tspacer.gif
tspacer.gif

Kia ora,

Things are moving at pace along Auckland’s downtown waterfront area. The new resource consent for the America’s Cup has been lodged and is open for public submissions until 28 May. 

We’d like to invite you to attend a drop in session to find out more about the America’s Cup proposals.

Drop in sessions

Tuesday 8 May, any time between 11am-1pm or 3-6pm, ANZ Viaduct Events Centre

Wednesday 16 May, any time between 11am-1pm or 3-6pm, ANZ Viaduct Events Centre

This is an opportunity to discuss the resource consent. Panuku staff will be there to answer questions and let you know how you can have your say on the application.

selling off half of that would pay for upkeep for a couple decommissioned cruisers. Great place for condos.

watch this space.

On the one hand it seems like a very expensive, largely pointless exercise, seems silly to move away from our one drydock (side point I hate that successive Govts have bought ships too big for the dock).

On the other hand moving the base & personnel out of Devonport would make a lot of land available for Kiwibuild projects (or some kind of land swap to enable them elsewhere) as well as helping out the local economy of wherever the facilities get shifted to.

Either way its obviously not gonna happen in anything like the timescale that'd be needed for AC bases.