Ex-yachtie

AC36 - The Venue

2 hours ago, Varan said:

Summary of port's decision, plus some other interesting articles. Maybe RG ain't so bad after all. Being a foreigner, I like the pics and commentary, even if I have read it before, and I don't understand politics, so all is good. 

S-W:There is no further requirement the matter to be referred back to the Arbitration Panel as the original decision was conditional on there being some restriction on race course areas. With that restriction now removed the Arbitration Panel decision is redundant.”

Interesting comment by RG. He could be right? 

5 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

S-W:There is no further requirement the matter to be referred back to the Arbitration Panel as the original decision was conditional on there being some restriction on race course areas. With that restriction now removed the Arbitration Panel decision is redundant.”

Exactly.

10 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

5 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Exactly.

Holy fuck they agree. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

You are slowly catching on with this AC thing... ;)

DECISION
In summary the Panel finds that:

a) If any part of the course area of the CSS and the Match (e.g. Courses B
and/or C) are not accessible with no restriction at any time in accordance
with Art. 3.4 of the Protocol, then that part of the course area will be used
neither for the CSS nor for the Match.

There are no restrictions at any time, in accordance with Art. 3.4 of the protocol.

8 hours ago, Forourselves said:

So WTF was the point of Arbitration?

Indeed.

<hypothetical what seems to have happened>

LR: Yo GD WTF is this about B&C not available for all of the CSS, Protocol says we get full access.

GD: WTF you talkin about? We agreed to this months ago.

LR: Wat? Change this!

GD: Nope, its out of my hands, Somebody Elses Problem.

LR & other Challengers: **Arbitration Panel!**

AP: **B&C denied**

GD: **launches media offensive against LR**

GD: Yo Harbourmaster, you know how we agreed to not race on B&C during parts of CSS? We gotta review that...

</hypothetical>

<hypothetical what should have happened>

LR: Yo GD WTF is this about B&C not available for all of the CSS, Protocol says we get full access.

GD: Aww crap, M&C were representing you, TNZ & ACE at that meeting **sends copy of agreement** they didn't tell you about it huh?

LR: Nope, we never saw that before, don't agree with it & we checked with the other Challengers and they're not aboard with that.

GD: Fuck, give me a couple of days, I'll get this shit sorted, its my job & sorry again for telling you to hire those cunts M&C

GD: Yo Harbourmaster, you know how we agreed to not race on B&C during parts of CSS? We gotta review that. Remember M&C? Yeah those fucking pricks didn't bother to tell LR or the rest of the Challengers & shits hitting the fan. Challengers all demand B&C be available for the whole CSS period.

Harbourmaster: Oh damn. **checks schedule** ...yeah with Covid we don't have so many ships booked in that period now, yeah fuckit I think we can work around this. I need to clear it with PoA Management but we should be able to give them the whole CSS.

GD: Sweet, thanks buddy!

GD: Yo Phil, **outlines issue** need you to lean on PoA Management a bit so we can sort this out ASAP OK?

Phil: I'll see what I can do.

Harbourmaster: Cleared with Management!

GD: Yo LR sorted. Full access to B&C. I'll send an update to the other Challengers too. Again sorry for getting you to hire those bastards M&C.

LR: Cheers bro!

</hypothetical>

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hoom said:

Indeed.

<hypothetical what seems to have happened>

GD: Nope, its all settled.

LR & other Challengers: **Arbitration Panel!**

AP: **B&C denied**

GD: **launches media offensive against LR**

GD: Yo Harbourmaster, you know how we agreed to not race on B&C during parts of CSS? We gotta review that...

</hypothetical>

<hypothetical what should have happened>

GD: Aww crap, M&C were representing you, TNZ & ACE at that meeting **sends copy of agreement** they didn't tell you about it huh?

LR: Nope, we never saw that before, don't agree with it & we checked with the other Challengers and they're not aboard with that.

GD: Fuck, give me a couple of days, I'll get this shit sorted, its my job & sorry again for telling you to hire those cunts M&C

GD: Yo Harbourmaster, you know how we agreed to not race on B&C during parts of CSS? We gotta review that. Remember M&C? Yeah those fucking pricks didn't bother to tell LR or the rest of the Challengers & shits hitting the fan. Challengers all demand B&C be available for the whole CSS period.

Harbourmaster: Oh damn. **checks schedule** ...yeah with Covid we don't have so many ships booked in that period now, yeah fuckit I think we can work around this. I need to clear it with PoA Management but we should be able to give them the whole CSS.

GD: Sweet, thanks buddy!

GD: Yo Phil, **outlines issue** need you to lean on PoA Management a bit so we can sort this out ASAP OK?

Phil: I'll see what I can do.

Harbourmaster: Cleared with Management!

GD: Yo LR sorted. Full access to B&C. I'll send an update to the other Challengers too. Again sorry for getting you to hire those bastards M&C.

LR: Cheers bro!

</hypothetical>

Couldn't be bothered reading the whole thing... basically LR thought they could bluff Dalton. That didn't work, and now its LR left with egg on their faces.

• Like 1

Maybe if you bothered reading things you'd come across like less of a stupid dick?

9 hours ago, hoom said:

Maybe if you bothered reading things you'd come across like less of a stupid dick?

I'm glad you probably had fun writing that comment. 

Lets be honest, its not even close to being true, so thats why I couldn't be bothered reading it.

Not sure why I'm being insulted, but hey, sticks and stones...

I'm sure it was fun for you. Not for me, it was too much of trying too hard to be funny.

FACTS: (nice & short for the reading impaired)

LR was right that the restriction on B&C was a Protocol breach

GD launched a media offensive.

When Harbourmaster was actually asked he went 'ok we can work around this' -> sorted.

2 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

Pretty sure this was pre-PoA announcement about letting B&C be fully available.  It was when ETNZ was seeking arbitration of their offer of not using the courses either.

20 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

I think they are as ac36/12 decision in the first part says: If any part of the course area etc.

All parts are accessible so that doesn’t apply. Also ac36/14  specifies parts b and c of ac36/12 still apply and part b happened. 

6 hours ago, hoom said:

FACTS: (nice & short for the reading impaired)

GD launched a media offensive.

When Harbourmaster was actually asked he went 'ok we can work around this' -> sorted.

The AP ruled no protocol breach, probably because ETNZ didn’t impose the restrictions, the Port did.

GD put pressure on the Port who eventually came to the party and resolved the issue. Done deal. Game over.

22 hours ago, hoom said:

Maybe you should read the relevant decision by the Arb.Panel instead of engaging in your q-anon-like conspiracy hard-on for Dalton:

a) If any part of the course area of the CSS and the Match (e.g. Courses B and/or C) are not accessible with no restriction at any time in accordance with Art. 3.4 of the Protocol, then that part of the course area will be used neither for the CSS nor for the Match.

There are no longer any restrictions of access to Courses B&C, therefore the Arb. Panel ruling in ACAP36/12 lapses, and the Regatta Director is free to select from all 5 Courses on the roster.

11 hours ago, hoom said:

FAKE FACTS: (nice & short for the reading impaired)

FACTS:

1: The Arbitration Panel rejected LR's charges in their complaint that ETNZ breached the Protocol and Venue Management Agreement.

2: The Arbitration Panel codified by ruling that the exclusion of Courses B&C (by a non-party to the Protocol) breached Article 3.4 of the Protocol - NOT LR!!

10 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Did you read that?

If you so you may also wish to check the date, (the 3rd) and the further announcement the day after  (the 4th) and then re read the original AP decision on the matter:

In summary the Panel finds that:

1. a)  If any part of the course area of the CSS and the Match (e.g. Courses B and/or C) are not accessible with no restriction at any time in accordance with Art. 3.4 of the Protocol, then that part of the course area will be used neither for the CSS nor for the Match.

2. b)  This does in no way restrict COR/D from making further approaches to the Harbour Master and/or any other competent authority in order to attempt to change the current restrictions.

3. c)  The Competitors are free to agree on a solution different from what the Panel has decided in point a) above, in which case such solution will apply provided all Competitors unanimously agree thereon.

4. d)  The Regatta Director shall allocate the use of the permitted parts of the course area in accordance with the aforesaid and Art. 3.4 of the Protocol.

5. e)  ETNZ/ACE has not breached the Protocol and/or the VMA.

6. f)  The Panel will decide that costs are to be shared equally between all Competitors, unless one or more of them submit otherwise within 5 days of this Decision. A final decision on costs will be taken by the Panel once this time limit has passed.

So your link was a part of an attempt to get an alternative arrangement under 21 c) , which failed, however ETNZ / ACE have resolved the matter through 21 b), getting the Garbour master to remove the current restrictions

In summary, if there is no restriction on the courses from the Harbour Master, therefore satisfying 21 a), then all courses are available without further need for mediation,

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JonRowe said:

Did you read that?

If you so you may also wish to check the date, (the 3rd) and the further announcement the day after  (the 4th) and then re read the original AP decision on the matter:

So your link was a part of an attempt to get an alternative arrangement under 21 c) , which failed, however ETNZ / ACE have resolved the matter through 21 b), getting the Garbour master to remove the current restrictions

In summary, if there is no restriction on the courses from the Harbour Master, therefore satisfying 21 a), then all courses are available without further need for mediation,

Thanks.  The AP ruling came out about the same time as the harbor master announcement, and I thought it was related.   I see the second ruling was for an attempt to seek arbitration, which was not accepted.  

I didn’t catch the part in the original ruling that gave them leeway to correct the problem without needing to get it approved.  

11 hours ago, terrafirma said:

Could this be a course buoy.. 

Bit of overkill for a 25 hook setline that's for sure.

• Like 1

Breaking news.
A war of words has broken out between TNZ and the COR Prada after the Italians announced a move to impose minimum race times for the ACWS Prada Cup and AC36 regattas.

Bradley Butterworth OBE the recently appointed Luna Rosa Prada Pirelli External and Institutional Relations Officer has raised the ire of TNZ boss Lord Grant Dalton after seeking an Arbitration Panel review of race times citing the collective belief amongst the three AC36 challengers that the soon to be launched TNZ B2 Uira Tere would be unfairly fast compared to their entrants.

After recently securing a favourable outcome from the Arbitration Panel concerning accessing race courses B and C Mr Butterworth states that if the races are completed in a too timely fashion their supporters would be severely traumatised and commercial sponsors financially disenfranchised.

More to come...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Bit of overkill for a 25 hook setline that's for sure.

Nah, was a bit windy in Auckland yesterday and it's just a pool toy that escaped from my place in Titirangi. Sorry for the confusion. 

• Like 3

I’m just glad the harbor master got his head out of his ass so all you Kiwi fuckers I enjoy arguing with can watch the show!  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I’m just glad the harbor master got his head out of his ass so all you Kiwi fuckers I enjoy arguing with can watch the show!  

Yep. Wouldn't want them to miss GB winning the cup for the first time

14 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Actually, that’d be pretty cool. I’m just glad the fans didn’t get screwed. 

1 hour ago, enigmatically2 said:

Ho, ho, ho. You fuckers prolly believe in Santa Claus too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

yup

the prada cup will be a pinnacle achievement for them

8 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

yup

the prada cup will be a pinnacle achievement for them

I believe that Ineos and AM-NYYC are causing the CoR some heart palpitations to explain their latest adversarial attitude. With only 3 Challengers in the CSS, there isn't any perceived "weak" Challenger to provide breathing space between matches against the tough ones: every match is a potential life or death event.

I like the chances of my CSS pick AM-NYYC:)

4 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Ho, ho, ho. You fuckers prolly believe in Santa Claus too.

Crikey Sail that’s a bit ruff I am a believer Santa has tirelessly delivered on time every year without fail regardless that I took chimney away go sailing overseas and used to wake up in the wrong scratcher with great regularity he da man.

• Like 1

I saw a different post about this event, iirc it said Bernasconi and others will be there too

https://wynyardpavilion.co.nz/events/steinlager-speaker-series-2

Don't miss this special evening hosted by "the voice of the America's Cup" Peter Montgomery. Enjoy a waterfront drink on arrival, 3 course dinner & live Q&A with Olympic Gold Medalists Peter Burling and Blair Tuke. Thursday 12 November. Early bird tickets are $99

Perhaps final confirmation that Courses B & C are in play: LR were zipping around Course C this morning!

Unfortunately they finished up just as I arrived, otherwise I could have got some ultra-close-up shots. Damn.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, weta27 said:

Perhaps final confirmation that Courses B & C are in play: LR were zipping around Course C this morning!

Unfortunately they finished up just as I arrived, otherwise I could have got some ultra-close-up shots. Damn.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Actually, thank you so much for all your great photos. For us a half world away, it means everything. Thank you!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, weta27 said:

Bad luck Weta, next time....

"All their little secrets must be revealed!"

15 minutes ago, nav said:

Bad luck Weta, next time....

"All their little secrets must be revealed!"

We need a shot where we can make out which wheel is the camo one so we know which side Jimmy drives.

• Like 1