Ex-yachtie

AC36 - The Venue

17 minutes ago, nav said:

Nice interview.

New Zealand is going to look like Nirvana to viewers around the world, the event has that going for them in big spades. 

5 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Nice interview.

New Zealand is going to look like Nirvana to viewers around the world, the event has that going for them in big spades. 

That's cos it is.

:D

• Like 4

Got up at 1:30 AM this morning to watch the free playback and on a few cutaways to the crowds viewing in the Viaduct I noticed several flag draped Yank couples in the crowd. WTF? I thought the country was still shut to outsiders!

Is there a way for we unwashed hordes to get in and spend some dollars there?

FWIW, we had booked accomodations  for 2 weeks in March to hopefully catch the finals and canceled the reservations a few weeks ago when the latest outbreak occurred. Did we bail too soon?

The teams brought in families in some cases. American Magic have been there a while. Plus ex-pats and hey maybe even some local fans!

43 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Got up at 1:30 AM this morning to watch the free playback and on a few cutaways to the crowds viewing in the Viaduct I noticed several flag draped Yank couples in the crowd. WTF? I thought the country was still shut to outsiders!

Is there a way for we unwashed hordes to get in and spend some dollars there?

FWIW, we had booked accomodations  for 2 weeks in March to hopefully catch the finals and canceled the reservations a few weeks ago when the latest outbreak occurred. Did we bail too soon?

They could be yanks that we have domesticated. 

We run an American refugee program where we allow yanks to settle here, teach them how to use metric, drive on the correct side of the road and eat burgers without mayonnaise. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jaysper said:

eat burgers without mayonnaise. 

With beetroot? Or is that just west island?

3 minutes ago, JonRowe said:

With beetroot? Or is that just west island?

Fuck no! We taught the ockers the magic of beetroot (that's my story anyway)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jaysper said:

We run an American refugee program where we allow yanks to settle here, teach them how to use metric, drive on the correct side of the road and eat burgers without mayonnaise. 

Yeah, we looked into that but felt $500K investment just to have to eat beetroot on your burgers was a little too much. Just wondering if they'd maybe lifted the travel restrictions for the AC if you promise to be a polite, quiet yank?

I forgot about the ones that already got in before Shania Twain ruined it for us all.

7 minutes ago, jaysper said:

* grass feed beef burgers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Yeah, we looked into that but felt $500K investment just to have to eat beetroot on your burgers was a little too much. Just wondering if they'd maybe lifted the travel restrictions for the AC if you promise to be a polite, quiet yank?

I forgot about the ones that already got in before Shania Twain ruined it for us all.

LOL!

Nah, only rich and famous allowed in.

1 hour ago, jaysper said:

Saw that too. Made me recall 2013 when some reporter started to interview my wife (carrying a big NZ flag) and then walked away disappointed by her very American accent.  Incidentally, she is still enjoying her 3 decade+ visit to the US, thank you. 

• Like 2

There are two types of countries in this world: those that have gone to the moon and those that use the metric system.  I keed, I keed . . . 

• Like 5

As an American, Mayo on a burger isn’t a regular thing here. It seems most popular with the shitty fast food joints. Unfortunately, it does occur more than it should. 

Unless things have improved over there, it’s those savages over in England that think Mayo is a requirement on a burger. 

20 minutes ago, porthos said:

There are two types of countries in this world: those that have gone to the moon and those that use the metric system.  I keed, I keed . . . 

That's funny as fark

11 minutes ago, Monkey said:

As an American, Mayo on a burger isn’t a regular thing here. It seems most popular with the shitty fast food joints. Unfortunately, it does occur more than it should. 

Unless things have improved over there, it’s those savages over in England that think Mayo is a requirement on a burger. 

In fairness from what a texan mate of mine says, it's more a California thing IIRC.

Don't actually object heavily to mayonnaise on a burger but need something to needle you yanks about!

33 minutes ago, RMac said:

Saw that too. Made me recall 2013 when some reporter started to interview my wife (carrying a big NZ flag) and then walked away disappointed by her very American accent.  Incidentally, she is still enjoying her 3 decade+ visit to the US, thank you. 

Bloody overstayers!

My wife has been an overstayer from Vietnam for more than 20 years now.

Wish the government would sort their shit out like Trump did.

Build a wall and make Australia pay for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willin' said:

If you don't like beetroot, don't order the kiwiburger at McDonald's in NZ.

"Polite, quiet yank?" Clearly an imposter (says a polite, quiet  yank.)

A $500k investment doesn't get you very far in NZ these days, particularly if you're looking at real estate, even if you have real dollars to spend rather than Pacific Pesos.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Willin' said:

Just wondering if they'd maybe lifted the travel restrictions for the AC if you promise to be a polite, quiet yank?

Nobody in their right mind would fall for that ruse.

• Like 1

The American fans are surely Dean Barker's extended family. He's from Takapuna, still has to be a whole bunch of them there. Only a 15 minute drive to the village.

On 12/18/2020 at 2:24 PM, buoy said:

Only a 15 minute drive to the village

After dark maybe

On 12/17/2020 at 8:09 PM, Monkey said:

The hell we do.

Personally I don't even like burgers, but I don't know anyone that has mayo on them. Not even the crappy fast food joints you sent us in return for us giving you jet engines, computers and democracy

And TV. Shame you couldn't cope with the language and resorted to butchering it.

2 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

The hell we do.

Personally I don't even like burgers, but I don't know anyone that has mayo on them. Not even the crappy fast food joints you sent us in return for us giving you jet engines, computers and democracy

Are you Greek? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Are you Greek? 

LOL! Nicely played.

Although there is a gray area since the Yanks did get it from the Poms who of course got it from the Greeks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jaysper said:

LOL! Nicely played.

Although there is a gray area since the Yanks did get it from the Poms who of course got it from the Greeks.

I often think we got the word from Greek but am not sure of the origin of the modern democratic system  today.  I think Greece had little to do with it...Possible the Saxons had greater affect....magna carta maybe, but no links to Greece, maybe the French revolution? I suspect Christianity had more influence than anything else...The Brits did give us this competition though and as is traditional we cant win it... 

On 12/18/2020 at 2:24 PM, buoy said:

The American fans are surely Dean Barker's extended family. He's from Takapuna, still has to be a whole bunch of them there. Only a 15 minute drive to the village.

alas from there the further north you go the closer you get to Pretoria... aka browns bay,  yankistani's have long been locked out of there

5 hours ago, fish7yu said:

America's Cup: 'Foiling is the future, we must not return to the past' 

I completely agree with Bruno. In fact, I was about to post something in the same vein, but could not  have said it any better.

Consider Troublé the grand old and wise man of the AC, despite his name!

• Like 2

On 1/1/2021 at 8:45 PM, enigmatically2 said:

The hell we do.

Do we need to come and explain democracy again?

Is the beetroot (we just say beets in US) instead of a tomato slice? Do you put lettuce on the burger?

23 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Is the beetroot (we just say beets in US) instead of a tomato slice? Do you put lettuce on the burger?

Lettuce, beet(root), cheese, tomato. Even pineapple sometimes

The Maccas Kiwiburger has its own Wikipedia page!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwiburger

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeedAClew said:

Next AC cycle when the Communist Bat soup virus has been conquered by big Pharm  come to Auckland and go to the White Lady.

https://thewhitelady.co.nz

Lettuce, beet(root), cheese, tomato. Even pineapple sometimes

The Maccas Kiwiburger has its own Wikipedia page!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwiburger

What's the difference between an egg and...oh, never mind. ;-)

15 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Which virus can we get there?

Considering that the White Lady is conveniently located close to some nudie bars the choice of available viruses is not just confined to their burgers..

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Considering that the White Lady is conveniently located close to some nudie bars the choice of available viruses is not just confined to their burgers..

Well, fur burgers maybe.

12 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

Which virus can we get there?

I thought you had been here for previous ACs? How did you manage not to get introduced to the White Lady burger :huh:

These days its an occasional visit to the related Broadway diner cart for me.

They do a White Lady burger, its not quite the same but they do have a proper tractor

129195_UqlgCbl18gt8J1nQqaz_fXXD2Utw6TADd

16 minutes ago, hoom said:

I thought you had been here for previous ACs? How did you manage not to get introduced to the White Lady burger :huh:

These days its an occasional visit to the related Broadway diner cart for me.

They do a White Lady burger, its not quite the same but they do have a proper tractor

129195_UqlgCbl18gt8J1nQqaz_fXXD2Utw6TADd

I was in VLC and SF. AKL was/is canceled due to The virus. 

24 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Ah ok I thought you'd been here for 2k/2k03 :o

Maybe your filthy infected country will have got its act together & sorted out its infection so we can allow visitors by the time of the next Defense? :(

1 hour ago, hoom said:

Ah ok I thought you'd been here for 2k/2k03 :o

Maybe your filthy infected country will have got its act together & sorted out its infection so we can allow visitors by the time of the next Defense? :(

Hmm, until now, my filthy, infected country didn't do so bad, unfortunately there are too many egoistic morons around. 

Looking forward to the defense in 2 or 3 years indeed. 

Hmm, probably shoulda been a /sarc in there :o

10 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

The upside here in the home of the AC is the lack of tourists due to the Communist virus keeps the price of beetroot stable.

Ren put this on your must do list when you make it here for AC 37 https://fergburger.com

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

The upside here in the home of the AC is the lack of tourists due to the Communist virus keeps the price of beetroot stable.

Ren put this on your must do list when you make it here for AC 37 https://fergburger.com

Had fergburger in Queenstown. Excellent.

Just now, NeedAClew said:

Had fergburger in Queenstown. Excellent.

Looked a bit uncharacteristically quiet last week when we walked past (you could actually see in!), obviously missing all you overseas tourists.

• Like 1

Here's my order:

Big Al$18.90  -  Al delivers a double serving of prime New Zealand beef (3/4lbs), lashings of bacon, a whole lotta cheese, 2 eggs, beetroot, lettuce, tomato, red onion, relish & a big wad of aioli

Plus a side - Salt & Pepper Squid $9.50  Hand cut salt & pepper squid with wasabi mayonnaise

And -  $8.90  A Cookies & Cream Thickshake

If I face-plant on your counter for more than five minutes,  please call emergency services.

On 1/12/2021 at 8:07 AM, Priscilla said:

Next AC cycle when the Communist Bat soup virus has been conquered by big Pharm  come to Auckland and go to the White Lady.

https://thewhitelady.co.nz

Yeah, I was amazed at the quality. Impressive.

Beetroot in burgers is just wrong. If scientific evidence showed that it was that beetroot that was preventing covid in NZ, most of the world would still say they'd wait for the vaccine thanks.

If you had Prisoners of War, they'd sue your arse under article 26 of the Geneva Convention if you fed them that shit

• Like 1

I love a bit of beetroot in a burger, also egg ;)

10 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Beetroot in burgers is just wrong. If scientific evidence showed that it was that beetroot that was preventing covid in NZ, most of the world would still say they'd wait for the vaccine thanks.

If you had Prisoners of War, they'd sue your arse under article 26 of the Geneva Convention if you fed them that shit

Nothing enigmatic about beetroot.

Packed with essential nutrients, beetroots are a great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. Beetroots and beetroot juice have been associated with numerous health benefits, including improved blood flow, lower blood pressure, and increased exercise performance .

These known health improving qualities have propelled TNZ to 3 successful AC Campaigns:P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Nothing enigmatic about beetroot.

Packed with essential nutrients, beetroots are a great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. Beetroots and beetroot juice have been associated with numerous health benefits, including improved blood flow, lower blood pressure, and increased exercise performance .

These known health improving qualities have propelled TNZ to 3 successful AC Campaigns:P

And they taste good.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 8:09 AM, Priscilla said:

okey dokey, I'll leave it to you to let that B.J bloke know there is no shortage and price stability is good news for beetroot

On 1/13/2021 at 11:32 PM, enigmatically2 said:

ooh, you can snit on etnz all you want but don't fuck with our beetroot 

14 minutes ago, jaysper said:

ooh, you can snit on etnz all you want but don't fuck with our beetroot 

No worries, I wouldn't. But...are you saying... beetroot? and sheep? I don't want to picture that

You lot are disgusting

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 11:32 PM, enigmatically2 said:

Nothing would surprise me this week.

Screenshot 2021-01-15 055709.jpg

5 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

No worries, I wouldn't. But...are you saying... beetroot? and sheep? I don't want to picture that

You lot are disgusting

Well, if we are feeling REALLY kinky we do Beetroot AND Sheep! LOL!

55 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

The funniest part of that is that him mother says he gets very sick if he doesn't eat organic food! LOL!

3 minutes ago, jaysper said:

The funniest part of that is that him mother says he gets very sick if he doesn't eat organic food! LOL!

Lives in his mom's basement, prolly. No surprises there. Fuckwhit.

7 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Food supply issues are going to be the least of his worries for quite some time in Sing Sing.

I hear the beetroot is of reasonable quality but sexual favours have to transpire before they can appear on ones menu.

Just now, Sailbydate said:

Yep!

Both the woke fuckwits of the left and the "QAnon" fuckwits of the right are all unemployed useless pricks.

Same as here in Wellington. There is a pocket of dipshits in council flats in Te Aro who congregate at the top of Cuba St every fortnight or so to protest whatever the fuck is the latest thing to protest.

3 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Food supply issues are going to be the least of his worries for quite some time in Sing Sing.

I hear the beetroot is of reasonable quality but sexual favours have to transpire before they can appear on ones menu.

Oh I totally disagree with you there.

I reckon his cell mate bubba will give him plenty of wedding vegetables!

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

Yep!

Both the woke fuckwits of the left and the "QAnon" fuckwits of the right are all unemployed useless pricks.

Same as here in Wellington. There is a pocket of dipshits in council flats in Te Aro who congregate at the top of Cuba St every fortnight or so to protest whatever the fuck is the latest thing to protest.

Yep. I'm waiting for all the anti-vaxxers to out, shortly.

Too bad they won't be all stuck at home suffering from measles.

39 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

You’d certainly want to leave your set of horns at home.

45 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

40 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Oh FFS!

What a demented world we live in.

He may well have a use as a prosecution witness against the Tangerine Hater and Wrecker.

Chansley has not yet entered a plea, but told ABC15 last week that he doesn’t believe he did anything wrong in participating in the siege, which left five people dead. “I’m not really all that worried about it because, in all honesty … I didn’t break any laws. I walked through open doors,” he said. “I obey the orders of the president of the United States.”

12 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

He may well have a use as a prosecution witness against the Tangerine Hater and Wrecker.

Chansley has not yet entered a plea, but told ABC15 last week that he doesn’t believe he did anything wrong in participating in the siege, which left five people dead. “I’m not really all that worried about it because, in all honesty … I didn’t break any laws. I walked through open doors,” he said. “I obey the orders of the president of the United States.”

LOL! I don't think it will fly in court but would laugh if it did.

Let's be real, both the left and right have lunatics that will happily try to dismantle democracy if it doesn't go their way.

It just happens to be that one of them managed to get elected president. I'm not convinced Hillary would've been any better after she screamed russia gate for 3+ years.

These people are utterly narcissistic and live in a bubble of sycophants that only feed their narcissistic world view.

20 minutes ago, jaysper said:

I'm not convinced Hillary would've been any better after she screamed russia gate for 3+ years.

Oh ffs even now you still think shit like this. To put it politely you are completely fucked in the head.

You're cooked mate. Do yourself and society a favor and work on some self-deprogramming.

1 minute ago, rh3000 said:

Oh ffs even now you still think shit like this. To put it politely you are completely fucked in the head.

You're cooked mate. Do yourself and society a favor and work on some self-deprogramming.

I would rather suggest you go and look at what Hillary is claiming was Russian interference and get back to me.

I suspect you haven't done the slightest semblance of investigation and are simply believing the party line from Hillary.

No doubt Trump is a maniacal fuckwit, but you are utterly delusional if you think Hillary is any different.

So before casting aspersions, honestly try to educate yourself (just a little bit). Please.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ex-yachtie said:

Too add to the food hilarity.. A3D86E9B-410F-436A-8306-B2B7DF4EBC0A.thumb.jpeg.9be8cf23014d99ee55ab2ddc70ba3306.jpeg

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Too add to the food hilarity.. A3D86E9B-410F-436A-8306-B2B7DF4EBC0A.thumb.jpeg.9be8cf23014d99ee55ab2ddc70ba3306.jpeg

Oh god, I know NZ's democracy is far from perfect but yours is totally fucked.

Too much donations money going to bent politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Fuck off to political anarchy. 

There's a sailing event starting today that we've been waiting fucking years for.

What's happening in the village today? 

1 hour ago, kenergy said:

Fuck off to political anarchy. 

There's a sailing event starting today that we've been waiting fucking years for.

What's happening in the village today? 

12.30 Frackers have docked out Amway still at dock Submersibles still in shed can't see Handbags thanks to Panuku.

Absolute cracker day here on the sparkling Waitemata home of the Cup 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weta27 said:

The Submersibles went out at 9am this morning.

Thanks Weta that explains why I can't see them those bloody tricky Kiwis must be already submersed:P

• Like 1

For those that are interested in spectator fleet control, and avoiding the debacle over the ACWS, there has been some positive progress.

AC36 have rolled out this nifty little web page, that is updated to show the live boundaries, and your location on the water so you can see where you should be...

https://www.americascup.com/en/spectators-perimeter

It works on any smartphone, no need to download an app, and they have been SMS'ing to all registered spectator boats whenever there are changes and reminding those to check simply by clicking the link...

Maybe some of the teams could be using it too, to better time their starts! 

• Like 2