Sign in to follow this  
mad

Darwin strikes again

WTF kind of moron thinks a thick book is going to stop a Desert Eagle 50-caliber ??

Darwin indeed!

11 minutes ago, MisterMoon said:

Test-firing into another book would have been prudent. Starting with a Ruger Mark II would have been a good idea as well. 

Yes, if they used 22 shorts, and determined in advance what size book would have stopped it, would have achieved their desired result.  I would suggest some thin SS plating behind the index page.

Darwin was late for work in this case - they had already reproduced.

Too stupid to do a test firing? That's pretty stupid.

Indeed, and she' s heen booked for 2nd Degree murder...*   A.22 would get the mouse[-gun] clicks just fine.

* (...rather than rule it as an assisted suicide....)

EDIT - Shoot, 30 sec too late with a pun.

Should have used War and Peace. Nobody makes it through that.

Maybe if they used the entire encyclopedia?

Better yet, maybe if they read the fuckin' thing at some point.

26 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Maybe if they used the entire encyclopedia?

Better yet, maybe if they read the fuckin' thing at some point.

You can fix ignorant but you can't fix stupid.

1 minute ago, nimroods said:

Too late, she has already whelped and getting ready do so again.  We're fucked!

From prison?

8 minutes ago, nimroods said:

Too late, she has already whelped and getting ready do so again.  We're fucked!

Doubly so. Both are from the idiot who talked her Into it. 

Unfortunately, they have one kid and another on the way. Now she's going to be in jail, and kids will be in foster care. 

I bet it's going to make Father's Day a bit awkward!

Unfortunately there is no such thing as "Criminal Stupidity".

If there was the prison costs would bankrupt us.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Unfortunately there is no such thing as "Criminal Stupidity".

If there was the prison costs would bankrupt us.

Unless the criminaly stupid take them self to the firing squad!

We used to morbidly joke that we should have the authority - on unanimous vote of the entire crew - to euthanize the really really stupid ones. At times it seemed like the most merciful option available.

22 minutes ago, Point Break said:

We used to morbidly joke that we should have the authority - on unanimous vote of the entire crew - to euthanize the really really stupid ones. At times it seemed like the most merciful option available.

You would have had my vote!  

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/29/health/ohio-overdose-proposal-trnd/index.html

23 minutes ago, Point Break said:

This was a reality in the USA back in the 1920s & 30s as was the increasing acceptance of the practice of eugenics.  Take a read of " A Merciful End: The Euthanasia Movement in Modern America" by Ian Dowbiggin.  It was pretty much gaining ground until those idiots in Germany went a little overboard with it.

If I can quote Clarence Darrow “chloroform the unfit and show them the same mercy that is shown beasts that are no longer fit to live.”

16 minutes ago, silent bob said:

Addiction can be cured whereas stupidity can't.  By then again, why wait until third time?  Is it a baseball thing, 3 strikes and you're out? 

In my world, you get caught selling this shit, you're executed on the street right then and there, .50 in the back of the head.  I wonder how quick it would dry up when dealer corpses start hanging from a street lamps like Duterte in the Philippnes is doing.  These fucking people (dealers) are scum anyway with no social redemption, it would be a benefit to society.

Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else curious as to what book they used.....

quite unfortunate that that they have already reproduced.

darwin was a bit late.

fwiw. Nimrod.  I like the idea of lead poising at  1300 fps delivers via. A handgun like a a ruger mark 2. 22lr is pretty cheap.   But a nail gun or captive bolt pistol would work as well..

1 minute ago, Marcjsmith said:

Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else curious as to what book they used.....

quite unfortunate that that they have already reproduced.

darwin was a bit late.

On the Oregene of the Speshese?

On 6/29/2017 at 10:23 AM, billy backstay said:

Yes, if they used 22 shorts, and determined in advance what size book would have stopped it, would have achieved their desired result.  I would suggest some thin SS plating behind the index page.

Kevlar title page woulda helped...

Fumbling a gun just ain't in the same league as the bookish pair.

On 6/29/2017 at 5:16 PM, nimroods said:

This was a reality in the USA back in the 1920s & 30s as was the increasing acceptance of the practice of eugenics.  Take a read of " A Merciful End: The Euthanasia Movement in Modern America" by Ian Dowbiggin.  It was pretty much gaining ground until those idiots in Germany went a little overboard with it.

If I can quote Clarence Darrow “chloroform the unfit and show them the same mercy that is shown beasts that are no longer fit to live.”

The perfect sig line.

A book you say? He should have used this...

Image result for the adventures of chas from tas

This is like saying 'Lord Voldermort' out loud.  

How about having anything to do with Fentanyl - the jury came in on that shit years ago.

In Vancouver we're having 1K people die per year from that shit - how stupid do you have to be?

21 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

How about having anything to do with Fentanyl - the jury came in on that shit years ago.

In Vancouver we're having 1K people die per year from that shit - how stupid do you have to be?

The Darwin Awads rellye on stupitey, its parte of the ecqassione.

Fentanyl is a remarkably effective pain reliever, but a bit scary as well. Even when used as prescribed. Wander off into the "gee I wonder if that feels good" swamp and you could easily be completely and totally screwed. I will tell you, efforts to curb the current epidemic of opioid abuse is making the business of legitimate pain relief inordinately difficult.

Speaking of Darwin Awards, I'm pretty much at my limit of watching anymore "Driving in Russia" compilation videos.

Holy Hell...there's so many of them now I can't even choose one to link my comment to.

• Like 2

That's good Hobot - now you'll have more time to post pics for us - you are definitely slacking there recently. ;)

• Downvote 1

Superfit energy drinks managing director, 56, was found dead in his home-gym at his £300,000 house with a 15-and-a-half stone bench press crushing his throat

Steven Baker, 56, was found by his friends lying dead in his gym with the 15-and-a-half stone bench press crushing his throat.

An inquest heard Mr Baker, from Leicester, suffered a fatal heart attack which could have been triggered by the pressure on his neck.

The managing director of Wild Cat energy drinks was wearing his dressing gown when he was discovered dead in the garage of his £300,000 detached home on October 25 last year.

Leicester Coroner's Court heard the safety catches on the bench press had been set to the bottom level, meaning Mr Baker needed to support the entire stack.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DRIFTW00D said:

What’s that in SAE Lb.

217 lbs. 

• Like 1

I wonder if they has used a bible if it would have stopped the bullet. After all God does not like Darwin and would have wanted to prove him wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Unfortunately, Darwin will have to wait a little longer for this one. 

The microwave

Mr Dakin said: "He and a group of friends had mixed seven bags of Polyfilla which they then poured around his head, which was protected by a plastic bag inside the microwave.

"The oven was being used as a mould and wasn't plugged in. The mixture quickly set hard and, by the time we were called, they'd already been trying to free him for an hour and a half."

Crews from the technical rescue team helped with taking the microwave apart, he added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/must_see/42288252/prankster-defends-cementing-head-in-microwave

On 7/4/2017 at 9:34 PM, hobot said:

Speaking of Darwin Awards, I'm pretty much at my limit of watching anymore "Driving in Russia" compilation videos.

Holy Hell...there's so many of them now I can't even choose one to link my comment to.

Last winter when my father had a cold and was in a bad temper, I introduced him to 'Russian Car Crash Videos.' The newer ones with obvious fatalities are not funny, but the ones of sliding in the snow and fender parts flying everywhere can really cheer one right up.

-DSK

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, SloopJonB said:

Back before it was a thing for junkies, one of my cats was on fentanyl. The vet said to NEVER touch the patches without gloves on. The cat was so freaking high he would pass out in the litter box and snooze half the day in feline bliss. I didn't even know back then humans could or would use it.

3 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Back before it was a thing for junkies, one of my cats was on fentanyl. The vet said to NEVER touch the patches without gloves on. The cat was so freaking high he would pass out in the litter box and snooze half the day in feline bliss. I didn't even know back then humans could or would use it.

I think that is overkill. I recently had occasion to help with the application of fentanyl patches. I never wore gloves, I know I touched the sticky side more than once and never had any affect. I do have a very high tolerance for narcotics.....on the occasion I have used any of them for pain control - post surgery etc - I barely have any affect with normal dosages. Still, I think the "oh my god don't touch it or you'll die" is a big overstatement. 

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

i would have used a sledge hammer..

I was thinking of just plugging it back in, and 3 minutes on defrost. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Point Break said:

I think that is overkill. I recently had occasion to help with the application of fentanyl patches. I never wore gloves, I know I touched the sticky side more than once and never had any affect. I do have a very high tolerance for narcotics.....on the occasion I have used any of them for pain control - post surgery etc - I barely have any affect with normal dosages. Still, I think the "oh my god don't touch it or you'll die" is a big overstatement. 

The absorption through the skin might cause you to flunk a piss test, but contact time wouldn't be sufficient to take you very far.  The bigger risk was another pet or child eating the patch.   

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

This may or may not be eligible for the Darwin awards, but he sure made a good try at it. http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/22/man-experiences-male-equivalent-child-birth-london-underground-7178751/#mv-b

Thst juste crazey, a bootte to the nuttes earnes a DA?  Sol giftes tham oute licke candey corne.                                 :)

16 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Thst juste crazey, a bootte to the nuttes earnes a DA?  Sol giftes tham oute licke candey corne.                                 :)

I just presented that with the disclaimer. It looked hugely painful, if nothing else.

There's thousands of skateboarders on Youtube doing way worse - grinding on long railings and then getting ejected and straddling the railing - makes me tingle just to see it.

18 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I just presented that with the disclaimer. It looked hugely painful, if nothing else.

OK, I appreciate it alle, DA denide, ounce, twice, three times denide.                                                :)

34 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

OK, I appreciate it alle, DA denide, ounce, twice, three times denide.                                                :)

Fine, be like that.

Wow.

That would be interesting cleanup duty - I wonder if skin holds together after a fall like that?

Hey wait just a damn minute here. I've watched enough Roadrunner Cartoons to know there is always a POOF ! when they finally hit the ground. Must be fake gnus

8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Wow.

That would be interesting cleanup duty - I wonder if skin holds together after a fall like that?

Seen more than a few. Depends how they hit, whether they clip anything on the way down and how far they fall. They seem to hold together pretty well up to around 10 stories, although the head almost always opens up. Much past 10 stories and I seem to recall it’s a pretty big splat.

On 12/11/2017 at 2:01 PM, Point Break said:

Don't know about that... Here in Floriduh, a mother was cleaning up her son's stuff after he shuffled off this mortal coil via an overdose. She got some powder on her hands.... and died.  Fentanyl.  We also had a couple of local cops stone themselves after unknowingly getting fentanyl on their hands while cuffing and stuffing a druggie.  

Darwin is harvesting lots of dopers around here with fentanyl and carfentanil laced heroine.  You'd think they'd learn. 

Fentanyl is the biggie here these days - way more effective than brain dead hikers and out of bounds skiers.

We're over 1K deaths this year after hitting close to 1K last year.

They are incapable of learning, only dying.

52 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Don't know about that... Here in Floriduh, a mother was cleaning up her son's stuff after he shuffled off this mortal coil via an overdose. She got some powder on her hands.... and died.  Fentanyl.  We also had a couple of local cops stone themselves after unknowingly getting fentanyl on their hands while cuffing and stuffing a druggie.  

Darwin is harvesting lots of dopers around here with fentanyl and carfentanil laced heroine.  You'd think they'd learn. 

Yeah, I know the stories....they are unlikely to be completely true. Fentanyl just doesn't absorb through the skin like that. Likely they inhaled airborne powdered or were very careless touching their mucosal membranes with the powder. As an example, the article linked below.

Toxicologist Stolbach added some context: “Yes, two to three milligrams of fentanyl would be sufficient to make most people stop breathing if it found its way into the bloodstream. However, fentanyl just isn’t absorbed through skin into your blood quickly or efficiently enough to make this kind of dose possible from incidental contact. Fentanyl is absorbed much better by inhalation and through [mucous membranes] but we feel like these routes of exposure are much less likely with routine precautions and good common sense.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/health/addiction/overdose-just-by-touching-fentanyl-scientifically-impossible-experts-say-20170630.html

5 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Could the media be over-hyping this.......?  No!

You'd think I'd learn.  ;)

:lol:

It is a dangerous drug.....but not THAT dangerous!!

On 04/07/2017 at 11:33 AM, SloopJonB said:

I have stopped asking how stupid can you be, to many people take it as a challenge.

35 minutes ago, IStream said:

Almost a majority of the voting public, in fact. 

And all of those who could have voted, but didn't

• Like 1

well that sucks..

Man dies after being sucked into MRI machine, police say An Indian man died after being sucked into an MRI machine while visiting a relative at a hospital in Mumbai, police said Monday. Rajesh Maru, 32, was yanked towards the machine by its magnetic force after he entered the room carrying an oxygen cylinder, the city's police said in a statement.