• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
mad

Darwin strikes again

Test-firing into another book would have been prudent. Starting with a Ruger Mark II would have been a good idea as well. 

WTF kind of moron thinks a thick book is going to stop a Desert Eagle 50-caliber ??

Darwin indeed!

11 minutes ago, MisterMoon said:

Test-firing into another book would have been prudent. Starting with a Ruger Mark II would have been a good idea as well. 

Yes, if they used 22 shorts, and determined in advance what size book would have stopped it, would have achieved their desired result.  I would suggest some thin SS plating behind the index page.

Can't put shorts in a Mark II, LRs only.  It would take a decently thick tome to stop a .22 LR at 30 inches. 

Darwin was late for work in this case - they had already reproduced.

Too stupid to do a test firing? That's pretty stupid.

Indeed, and she' s heen booked for 2nd Degree murder...*   A.22 would get the mouse[-gun] clicks just fine.

* (...rather than rule it as an assisted suicide....)

EDIT - Shoot, 30 sec too late with a pun.

Should have used War and Peace. Nobody makes it through that.

Maybe if they used the entire encyclopedia?

Better yet, maybe if they read the fuckin' thing at some point.

26 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Maybe if they used the entire encyclopedia?

Better yet, maybe if they read the fuckin' thing at some point.

You can fix ignorant but you can't fix stupid.

1 minute ago, nimroods said:

Too late, she has already whelped and getting ready do so again.  We're fucked!

From prison?

8 minutes ago, nimroods said:

Too late, she has already whelped and getting ready do so again.  We're fucked!

Doubly so. Both are from the idiot who talked her Into it. 

Unfortunately, they have one kid and another on the way. Now she's going to be in jail, and kids will be in foster care. 

I bet it's going to make Father's Day a bit awkward!

Like I said. It's the water............

Maybe the judge will throw the book at her?!

:lol:

Isn't there something the onlookers could (should) be charged with? I mean, shouldn't they be charged as accessories unless science can prove them as or more stupid than the perp?

They certainly weren't subjected to the same pressures the shooter was. Isn't there some moral imperative to the greater good that's being overlooked here?

Unfortunately there is no such thing as "Criminal Stupidity".

If there was the prison costs would bankrupt us.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Unfortunately there is no such thing as "Criminal Stupidity".

If there was the prison costs would bankrupt us.

Unless the criminaly stupid take them self to the firing squad!

We used to morbidly joke that we should have the authority - on unanimous vote of the entire crew - to euthanize the really really stupid ones. At times it seemed like the most merciful option available.

22 minutes ago, Point Break said:

We used to morbidly joke that we should have the authority - on unanimous vote of the entire crew - to euthanize the really really stupid ones. At times it seemed like the most merciful option available.

You would have had my vote!  

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/29/health/ohio-overdose-proposal-trnd/index.html

23 minutes ago, Point Break said:

This was a reality in the USA back in the 1920s & 30s as was the increasing acceptance of the practice of eugenics.  Take a read of " A Merciful End: The Euthanasia Movement in Modern America" by Ian Dowbiggin.  It was pretty much gaining ground until those idiots in Germany went a little overboard with it.

If I can quote Clarence Darrow “chloroform the unfit and show them the same mercy that is shown beasts that are no longer fit to live.”

16 minutes ago, silent bob said:

Addiction can be cured whereas stupidity can't.  By then again, why wait until third time?  Is it a baseball thing, 3 strikes and you're out? 

In my world, you get caught selling this shit, you're executed on the street right then and there, .50 in the back of the head.  I wonder how quick it would dry up when dealer corpses start hanging from a street lamps like Duterte in the Philippnes is doing.  These fucking people (dealers) are scum anyway with no social redemption, it would be a benefit to society.

Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else curious as to what book they used.....

quite unfortunate that that they have already reproduced.

darwin was a bit late.

fwiw. Nimrod.  I like the idea of lead poising at  1300 fps delivers via. A handgun like a a ruger mark 2. 22lr is pretty cheap.   But a nail gun or captive bolt pistol would work as well..

1 minute ago, Marcjsmith said:

Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else curious as to what book they used.....

quite unfortunate that that they have already reproduced.

darwin was a bit late.

On the Oregene of the Speshese?

I blame Reader's Digest Condensed Books for this tragedy...

A life abridged...

On 6/29/2017 at 10:23 AM, billy backstay said:

Yes, if they used 22 shorts, and determined in advance what size book would have stopped it, would have achieved their desired result.  I would suggest some thin SS plating behind the index page.

Kevlar title page woulda helped...

Fumbling a gun just ain't in the same league as the bookish pair.

On 6/29/2017 at 5:16 PM, nimroods said:

This was a reality in the USA back in the 1920s & 30s as was the increasing acceptance of the practice of eugenics.  Take a read of " A Merciful End: The Euthanasia Movement in Modern America" by Ian Dowbiggin.  It was pretty much gaining ground until those idiots in Germany went a little overboard with it.

If I can quote Clarence Darrow “chloroform the unfit and show them the same mercy that is shown beasts that are no longer fit to live.”

The perfect sig line.

A book you say? He should have used this...

Image result for the adventures of chas from tas

This is like saying 'Lord Voldermort' out loud.  

How about having anything to do with Fentanyl - the jury came in on that shit years ago.

In Vancouver we're having 1K people die per year from that shit - how stupid do you have to be?

21 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

How about having anything to do with Fentanyl - the jury came in on that shit years ago.

In Vancouver we're having 1K people die per year from that shit - how stupid do you have to be?

The Darwin Awads rellye on stupitey, its parte of the ecqassione.

Fentanyl is a remarkably effective pain reliever, but a bit scary as well. Even when used as prescribed. Wander off into the "gee I wonder if that feels good" swamp and you could easily be completely and totally screwed. I will tell you, efforts to curb the current epidemic of opioid abuse is making the business of legitimate pain relief inordinately difficult.

Speaking of Darwin Awards, I'm pretty much at my limit of watching anymore "Driving in Russia" compilation videos.

Holy Hell...there's so many of them now I can't even choose one to link my comment to.

That's good Hobot - now you'll have more time to post pics for us - you are definitely slacking there recently. ;)

5 hours ago, hobot said:

Speaking of Darwin Awards, I'm pretty much at my limit of watching anymore "Driving in Russia" compilation videos.

Holy Hell...there's so many of them now I can't even choose one to link my comment to.