mad

Darwin strikes again

6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Well, as long as he ensures he can't reproduce I guess it's O/K that he keeps on living.

Theire our no enssurances,thissis realle life.   He esta gratefulle forre the 'OK'                         :)

Hi Point 9mm handgun

There's a big part of the problem right there, except for the trigger finger part.

Just now, justsomeguy! said:

There's a big part of the problem right there, except for the trigger finger part.

Howe didde we gette hearer?

1 minute ago, Snaggletooth said:

Howe didde we gette hearer?

Could have been the invention of gunpowder...

Just now, justsomeguy! said:

Could have been the invention of gunpowder...

Of course, butte the talkle of shooteng sombodey, thast what I meane.....

6 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Of course, butte the talkle of shooteng sombodey, thast what I meane.....

Nobody talked of shooting anybody that I'm aware of.

1 minute ago, justsomeguy! said:

Nobody talked of shooting anybody that I'm aware of.

Ok,ok, no.talklie abote shootey, marquis of neiw jersey rulles.  I gette it.......                  :)

6 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Ok,ok, no.talklie abote shootey, marquis of neiw jersey rulles.  I gette it.......                  :)

You confuse me.

I like it.

58 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

You confuse me.

I like it.

Watch out for when he signs you up in his Amway empire. He might not spell it quite like that, but don't be deceived.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 10:40 PM, SloopJonB said:

Well, as long as he ensures he can't reproduce I guess it's O/K that he keeps on living.

-to be read using Howard Cosell voice—

Jim hold on—- we are going to go to the surgical report to confirm his el-ig-ability for this.  Yes the ref is under the review hood now reading the report and we await his decision—— At issue here is the permanent removal——  of his genes from the —- pool.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 10:40 PM, SloopJonB said:

-to be read using Howard Cosell voice—

Jim hold on—- we are going to go to the surgical report to confirm his el-ig-ability for this.  Yes the ref is under the review hood now reading the report and we await his decision—— At issue here is the permanent removal——  of his genes from the —- pool.

On 3/6/2019 at 9:20 AM, The Main Man said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47454610

A lion in your back garden? Sounds like a great idea!

Reminds me of the classic Monty Python sketch.

They have a tiger in the backyard.

”ave you feed the tiger today?”

”Yes I fed it a couple of Jehovahs Witnesses, but it left the bloody pamphlets “

• Like 1

Darwin narrowly missed this one.

A woman who stepped over a barrier to take a selfie at a zoo in Arizona, US, has been attacked by a jaguar.

It happened on Saturday and the woman's injuries were not life-threatening.

When she crossed the barrier and approached the enclosure to photograph herself with the jaguar, it swiped out through the fencing, leaving deep gashes on her arms.

Wildlife World Zoo director Mickey Ollson said there was "no way to fix people crossing barriers".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47516340

1 minute ago, bmiller said:

"no way to fix people crossing barriers".

I think what he wanted to say is  "no way to fix stupid".

Hi did say that, in a way that would get into print.

4 hours ago, mad said:

Darwin narrowly missed this one.

A woman who stepped over a barrier to take a selfie at a zoo in Arizona, US, has been attacked by a jaguar.

It happened on Saturday and the woman's injuries were not life-threatening.

When she crossed the barrier and approached the enclosure to photograph herself with the jaguar, it swiped out through the fencing, leaving deep gashes on her arms.

Wildlife World Zoo director Mickey Ollson said there was "no way to fix people crossing barriers".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47516340

It's on the news that fatalities while taking selfies is on the rise...... the news commentator called this "alarming"

I call it Darwin finally getting back to work on the human species.

A couple of years ago, Mrs Steam and I visited Paris and of course we went to the maritime museum located in the Palais De Chaillot (fabulous, do not miss!) which is across from the Eiffel Tower. There are steep step leading down to the road and the river at the front, and this is a great spot for people to take selfies with the Eiffel Tower in the background..... it's also a great place to fall backwards down the marble & cement stars, which many people were doing. So many that there were apparently EMTs stationed at the bottom.

-DSK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

It's on the news that fatalities while taking selfies is on the rise...... the news commentator called this "alarming"

I call it Darwin finally getting back to work on the human species.

A couple of years ago, Mrs Steam and I visited Paris and of course we went to the maritime museum located in the Palais De Chaillot (fabulous, do not miss!) which is across from the Eiffel Tower. There are steep step leading down to the road and the river at the front, and this is a great spot for people to take selfies with the Eiffel Tower in the background..... it's also a great place to fall backwards down the marble & cement stars, which many people were doing. So many that there were apparently EMTs stationed at the bottom.

-DSK

That's so French. Here in the US, they'd cordon off the stairs, rebuild them with switchbacks and handrails on both sides, plaster them with "watch your step" signs and, if you fell, they'd tell you that the waiver they shoved in your face at the entrance absolves them of any blame.

20 hours ago, IStream said:

That's so French. Here in the US, they'd cordon off the stairs, rebuild them with switchbacks and handrails on both sides, plaster them with "watch your step" signs and, if you fell, they'd tell you that the waiver they shoved in your face at the entrance absolves them of any blame.

In Iceland they would be covered with accumulated snow and ice, there would be a single rope railing,  but  there would be a European guest worker at the car park to advise you they might be slippery.    They seem to respect Darwin over there.

not floriduh....

(CNN)A woman who was attacked by a jaguar at an Arizona zoo has apologized for the incident, according to a zoo spokeswoman.

The woman returned to the Wildlife World Zoo in Litchfield Park following the attack and said she "feels horrible about the bad publicity the zoo is getting regarding the incident," spokeswoman Kristy Morcum said according to CNN affiliates KTVK and KPHO. Morcum said the woman apologized and admitted fault.
The zoo, citing witness accounts, has said the woman crossed over a barrier to get a photo and was attacked by a female jaguar

3 hours ago, Point Break said:

warning-funny-safety-sign-s2-2251.png

I want one for my office door, if only I could get away with it.

6 hours ago, Point Break said:

warning-funny-safety-sign-s2-2251.png

I need one of those to post at the end of my street.

3 hours ago, Tax Man said:

I had a sign in my office (given to me by my secretary based on my demeanor during disciplinary appeals) that said "Don't Make Me Get the Flying Monkeys". Its now hanging in my garage............

• Like 1

I got swiped by a Jaguar once.... Of course they kept going, and I was in the weeds by the side of the road wondering why that asshole had driven me off the road....

I was in a Honda CRX Si and could easily have spun around and followed them, but it just didn't occur to me at the time.....

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I got swiped by a Jaguar once.... Of course they kept going, and I was in the weeds by the side of the road wondering why that asshole had driven me off the road....

I was in a Honda CRX Si and could easily have spun around and followed them, but it just didn't occur to me at the time.....

What yeare wase that?  It mitte of beene Bill D Bastaerde, he hade a car licke that.                               :)

PS - Expo inssurred hime!

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

I was in a Honda CRX Si

He was just showing you who was the boss.

4 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Wasn’t ours.....we weren’t anywhere near......wherever you were......

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

We need those at all the ferry terminals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:
17 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

And at the city limits of Seattle, though some would argue they should point inwards.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Border crossings and POE's

12 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

It was O.K. though, Because he had a Jaaaag.

At the same time, Clarkson drove an XJR like that one across the country and said it was the best sedan one could buy.

Too bad his Prima Donna bullshit killed that show - it was great.

13 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

It was O.K. though, Because he had a Jaaaag.

Classic! But ours is Mrs PB's car......it was her second one. She wanted a convertible. Who am I to argue...............

53 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Classic! But ours is Mrs PB's car......it was her second one. She wanted a convertible. Who am I to argue...............

You are not to argue.

1 hour ago, IStream said:

You are not to argue.

You are precisely correct.

1 hour ago, IStream said:
2 hours ago, Point Break said:

You are not to argue.

My better looking 1/2 just wanted a Corolla, means I don't have to spend my spare time working on her car I spose, But hell, anything slightly more interesting wouldn't have gone amiss.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

At the same time, Clarkson drove an XJR like that one across the country and said it was the best sedan one could buy.

Too bad his Prima Donna bullshit killed that show - it was great.

Think it wasn’t just his attitude, it had run it’s course. . 

32 minutes ago, floating dutchman said:

My better looking 1/2 just wanted a Corolla, means I don't have to spend my spare time working on her car I spose, But hell, anything slightly more interesting wouldn't have gone amiss.

If SWMBO said she wanted a Corolla or some equally horrible transportation module she would not be obeyed.

I'd get her something nice - like a supercharged Jag - and once she drove it she would like it and appreciate what I had done. Have you ever heard of someone driving a blown Jag or similar and saying "Nope, don't like it, I want a Corolla"?

Sometimes you just have to do what's best for family. :D

Have you ever heard of someone driving a blown Jag or similar and saying "Nope, don't like it, I want a Corolla something that doesn't break down all of the time"?

They don't - that was before Ford owned them. Now Benz's, BMW's - that's a different story. All that quality German engineering appears to be very unreliable, at least if the "sighted dead at the side of the road" criteria is anything to go by.

Expensive cars are expensive to operate and very nice.

Cheap cars are cheap to operate and nasty.

I prefer to own nice stuff, not the minimum that will do the job. They have buses for that.

4 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

If SWMBO said she wanted a Corolla or some equally horrible transportation module she would not be obeyed.

I'd get her something nice - like a supercharged Jag - and once she drove it she would like it and appreciate what I had done. Have you ever heard of someone driving a blown Jag or similar and saying "Nope, don't like it, I want a Corolla"?

Sometimes you just have to do what's best for family. :D

She is not interested in driving anything fast and somehow the Corolla got the important thing blown.

Me!

Next car I plan on putting my foot down a bit, make her get something a little less practicable and a bit more fun.  Not something Blown though,  I'll keep that for myself.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

They don't - that was before Ford owned them. Now Benz's, BMW's - that's a different story. All that quality German engineering appears to be very unreliable, at least if the "sighted dead at the side of the road" criteria is anything to go by.

Expensive cars are expensive to operate and very nice.

Cheap cars are cheap to operate and nasty.

I prefer to own nice stuff, not the minimum that will do the job. They have buses for that.

WIfe's cousin owns a fairly recent Jag.   He's had to have it towed to the dealer a number of times due to it breaking down.

It always seems to be someones cousin or a friend of a friend that happens to. ;) Kind of like "problem" boats.

My wife is on her second XJR and it's been very routine for service. The previous one became a bit troublesome when it got up to 250K so we got this one.

On 3/12/2019 at 12:01 PM, Tax Man said:

That would keep my boss out of my office...

On 3/13/2019 at 9:37 PM, floating dutchman said:

She is not interested in driving anything fast and somehow the Corolla got the important thing blown.

Me!

Next car I plan on putting my foot down a bit, make her get something a little less practicable and a bit more fun.  Not something Blown though,  I'll keep that for myself.

We always road tested our new cars for that functionality before we bought them.  The RX7 was ok, but I have to admit the Ford Exploder was superior.  Mercedes didn’t come close.  

• Like 1

Up and coming Country star Justin Carter, dead at 35.  So they clearly have this on tape.

Loaded gun used in a music video

On 3/13/2019 at 5:16 PM, floating dutchman said:

Some Darwin training in progress.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-48026250

The National Trust has warned people to "act sensibly" after pictures emerged of a man holding a child inches from an unstable cliff edge.

The chalk cliffs are unstable and sections have eroded and collapsed in the past

People enjoying the Bank Holiday sun got precariously close to the end of the cliff

Fuck sitting at the base of that, it'll either be kid or a rock slide that gets you.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-24/cliffhanger-video-infuriates-rescuers/11044632

Two of our surf rescue people died trying to rescue a fucking stupid tourist last week.

Father, and son, a father to be.

The tourist lived..of course ..taking a dip in this.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-21/two-dead-after-rescue-boat-capsizes-in-victoria/11034618

Damn, there goes an entire quota of sausage meat.

17 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Damn, there goes an entire quota of sausage meat.

Nah, they will freeze it and bring it out for Donner Days.

An Indian magician, who attempted to recreate Harry Houdini's famed trick by jumping shackled into a river, is feared dead.

Chanchal Lahiri was meant to escape and swim to safety but did not emerge from the Hooghly river in West Bengal state.

Spectators who had gathered to watch him take the plunge on Sunday informed the police, who say they are searching for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-48610928Chanchal Lahiri

1 minute ago, ROADKILL666 said:

He was watching to many cartoons.

too

If you can't use the language, try not to criticize those who can't walk the life.

Just now, hasher said:

too

If you can't use the language, try not to criticize those who can't walk the life.

And you are perfect 

Ah yes.  Now there is a discussion I will revel in.  Tell me again how perfect I am.

On 4/24/2019 at 9:05 AM, Rum Runner said:

Her body was found by a co-worker who heard strange noises coming from the commercial machine.

strange noises...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 

8 minutes ago, hasher said:

Ah yes.  Now there is a discussion I will revel in.  Tell me again how perfect I am.

Not

5 minutes ago, hasher said:

Fuck You.

Just now, ROADKILL666 said:

Not

pithy

On 3/1/2019 at 8:53 PM, Dawg_House said:

Quite common. One night many years ago on trauma had a 14 yo (big obese kid) do same thing through scrotum. One testicle hanging out and dead. Urology resident tells kid and family needed to explore other side and check that testicle. But if it is also destroyed it would need to be removed and he can't have any kids

Parents and kid looked at each other. Finally mom asks, "what about the one he gots?"

stupidity. Kid's ball was okay but they should have taken it.

Just now, SloopJonB said:

Fuck You.

And your mother too.

Hash deserves it simply for being humourless.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:43 AM, SloopJonB said:

Hash deserves it simply for being humourless.

And a lawyer.

FKT

Julien Gauthier: Grizzly bear kills soundgathering musician

A Franco-Canadian man died after being attacked by a grizzly bear in a remote area of Canada last week, police announced on Monday.

He was travelling along the Mackenzie River to record sounds of nature for a musical project.

wonder if he captured the same sounds as that "bear whisperer" in  alaska..      

Well I guess screams and strangled moans are a sound of nature.

Well I guess screams and strangled moans are a sound of nature.

we our naturres wonderes.......          :)

:)

When filling out run reports, in the comments section we would occasionally (when deserved) put the acronym “TSTL” which meant  “Too Stupid To Live”. Eventually somebody somewhere in the chain asked what it meant. That put an end to the use of that acronym on run reports. Mr Grizzly Whisperer was definitely TSTL. 

Shoude beleiveng oune is specialle do to stringe of amazeng acomplishmenttes realley be consisiderred TSTL?

• Like 1

props to him for doing his own testing..    but sometimes the best ideas..

Ex-NASA scientist, wingsuit pioneer and British champion, 38, dies in jump in Saudi Arabia after starting 'Icarus Project' to design safer wingsuits

WTF did he jump from?

A sand dune?

On 8/20/2019 at 5:42 PM, Snaggletooth said:

Shoude beleiveng oune is specialle do to stringe of amazeng acomplishmenttes realley be consisiderred TSTL?

Every batshit crazy lunatic I ever ran on was........special......legends in their own minds with a special mission on earth.  ;)

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 10:11 PM, Point Break said:

Every batshit crazy lunatic I ever ran on was........special......legends in their own minds with a special mission on earth.  ;)

you see, that's the prologue  right there.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

you see, that's the obituary   right there.. 

FIFY

On 8/22/2019 at 11:11 PM, Point Break said:

• Like 2

Good to know that the railing was O/K.

110 bones? Is that every bone in her body?

8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Good to know that the railing was O/K.

110 bones? Is that every bone in her body?

Nah. Only about 1/2 of them.  

6 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Nah. Only about 1/2 of them.  

It's like bowling, get her back up there and see if she can pick up the spare!

• Like 1

I wonder what broke her fall - 80' is not survivable without some sort of interference.

47 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I wonder what broke her fall - 80' is not survivable without some sort of interference.

Karma, man.... It was a zen intervention.....................