Sign in to follow this  
fatjohnz

phrf scoring question

I'm scoring the results of the casual phrf fleet and I find the finish time for the first boat was recorded grossly incorrect (25 minutes prior to the 2nd finish). Naturally its a typo of some sort but changing the 10's digit to be more in line with the rest of the finishes still doesn't give me good confidence. I contact the competitors but they don't have the differential time and since it's phrf the time makes a difference, not just the order of finish.

I checked RRS wondering if I should throw out the result for that fleet and the RRS states that I must give all the finishers a score. So is it therefore up to my judgement? Should I score #1 and #2 as a tie... 2 points each?

Thank you, fj

Doesn't help for this but recorders are your friend as a backup to your finish sheet.

we often have finishers 25 or more minutes apart in our local phrf racing. how long was the course? what were the conditions? what are the ratings of the boats? did you witness the finish? ...are you certain 25 mins is not correct?

I find it odd, though not surprising, that neither the first nor the second boat seems to have any clue when the first boat finished.

A week ago a Catalina 400 rounded the last mark before I did and finished 20 minutes after I did and he owes me 5 minutes so I was net up on him 25 minutes in a 7 mile race.  It happens.  Unless you have the participants protesting, I would just score it as recorded.

You are all awesome as always. I'll remind them all to keep their fucking time and involve the PRO to resolve any disputes. They've been scored! fj

Here in PDX the results are posted and if there are errors the competitors let us know right away.  Go ahead and post the times you received and if there are issues you will probably hear about them.  Then it is a simple redress issue.

JM