• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bus Driver

How bad could this be?

116 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Flash code for "I got nuttin', but, can't admit it". 

No - Flash code for "Faux-rage" something you really seem to suffer from these days.

At least, when there was a Clinton around you could scream "Hillary!" and all your elk would nod in agreement. Now, you're all trying to find something to be outraged about - it's Sad. Bigly.

16 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

No - Flash code for "Faux-rage" something you really seem to suffer from these days.

At least, when there was a Clinton around you could scream "Hillary!" and all your elk would nod in agreement. Now, you're all trying to find something to be outraged about - it's Sad. Bigly.

Are you honestly suggesting that opposing a proposal to permit illegal immigrants to vote is "faux rage"?  

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Of course it is Bus - after all, who really needs voters to be citizens - or even legal residents?   If they're there on voting day - then they deserve a say in shaping the laws, right?   http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/450417/maryland-illegal-immigration-and-voting

So - while the instance you referenced may well be a bunch of noise over nothin' - there are folks taking action to expand voter rolls to include people that I don't think should have a voice in our elections.  

I am not in favor of efforts to provide people not eligible to vote an opportunity to do so.  If you got that from what I wrote, well, I got nothing.

I just find it funny that, given President Trump's Kris Kobach's  bullshit claims, we find examples of people who are registered to vote in 2 states to be in the Trump  family and associated with the Administration.

16 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Are you honestly suggesting that opposing a proposal to permit illegal immigrants to vote is "faux rage"?  

Some locale, wants to open up their voter roles, for local votes, and you care? Why?

11 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Some locale, wants to open up their voter roles, for local votes, and you care? Why?

Because I don't consider it proper for non-citizens to be afforded a voice in elections, regardless of the scope of those elections.  

21 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I am not in favor of efforts to provide people not eligible to vote an opportunity to do so.  If you got that from what I wrote, well, I got nothing.

I just find it funny that, given President Trump's Kris Kobach's  bullshit claims, we find examples of people who are registered to vote in 2 states to be in the Trump  family and associated with the Administration.

I understood your point, Bus - and offered the article about Montgomery County as an example that there are indeed efforts underway to enable ineligible voters to participate in elections. 

27 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Because I don't consider it proper for non-citizens to be afforded a voice in elections, regardless of the scope of those elections.  

And if you lived in that locale, I'd expect you to campaign against it.  That's one big ball of Meh...

3 hours ago, Raz'r said:
3 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

And if you lived in that locale, I'd expect you to campaign against it.  That's one big ball of Meh...

There you have it.

In the community in which I live, we have a Property Owners Association. It functions as a township; with the exception that renters can't vote. Some... and some of them are very vocal about this... of the property owners are outraged at the suggestion that RENTERS should get a say in the community. I had a big load of hateful crap dumped on me about this issue, at one of our meetings. Mrs Steam was amazed that I didn't punch the asshole, or at least tell him to stick his head back up his ass and keep quiet.

Ches_Guy and Jeff (among our crowd here) have both been very vocal about how they think lots of people should not be allowed to vote. Me, I feel that anybody who has a job and pays into the system should get a voice in that system. Republicans have long been on record that they are against the principle of democracy... apparently this only applies in this country, it makes a dandy excuse to invade other countries... I know, ancient history, sorry.....

-DSK

I’ve traveled a bit, living in other countries for a while. Not once did I consider I had a say in what goes on there. I was not a citizen. 

I feel the same way about the US and voting. It should be reserved for citizens. 

But, in all the problems that need addressing, this ranks way f*cking lie on the importance scale. Yet, we have a commission looking into while other more important matters sit. If only President Trump places as much importance on other issues, instead of this one he (and Kobach) keeps lying about. 

14 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I’ve traveled a bit, living in other countries for a while. Not once did I consider I had a say in what goes on there. I was not a citizen. 

I feel the same way about the US and voting. It should be reserved for citizens. 

But, in all the problems that need addressing, this ranks way f*cking lie on the importance scale. Yet, we have a commission looking into while other more important matters sit. If only President Trump places as much importance on other issues, instead of this one he (and Kobach) keeps lying about. 

We're in complete agreement on this.   

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

We're in complete agreement on this.   

So, you agree you were pitching Faux-rage?

15 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You need more coffee this morning?  

see post #102, then see post #110

You're nothing, if not incontinent....

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

see post #102, then see post #110

You're nothing, if not incontinent....

Nope - you're dismissively suggesting that my opposition to permitting non-citizens and illegal immigrants to participate in elections is faux rage.  I agreed w/Bus both that non-citizens shouldn't expect the ability to vote, and that the issue, while valid, is way down on the list of legislative priorities that the white house should be acting upon.   Have another cup of coffee, Flash - you're not awake yet. 

1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Nope - you're dismissively suggesting that my opposition to permitting non-citizens and illegal immigrants to participate in elections is faux rage.  I agreed w/Bus both that non-citizens shouldn't expect the ability to vote, and that the issue, while valid, is way down on the list of legislative priorities that the white house should be acting upon.   Have another cup of coffee, Flash - you're not awake yet. 

So - it's real outrage, just not important. Gotcha.  

And I drink decaf...

Just now, Raz'r said:

So - it's real outrage, just not important. Gotcha.  

And I drink decaf...

The only one who considered it an "outrage", my poor Californiuckian friend, was you.  I considered it a valid point, and brought it up as evidence that there are indeed people in the country who are taking action to enable non-citizens and illegal immigrants the ability to vote.  

Mebbe regular coffee for the 1st cup would help?