• Announcements

    • Zapata

      Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

      Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Barnacle Bill

Who is going to pay for the venue of AC36?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

That's fucking funny. :D

when in roam . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Not wanting to rain on your well-earned parade, but in my limited experience I don't see a chance in hell the Wynyard Wharf could be transformed into a "greenfield" site in what: 2 - 2 1/2 yrs. 

Not saying thats what it'll be like in a couple of years but that is the long term plan for the area from a couple of years back.

 

I also seem to recall a concept suggesting AC bases on the pier on the East side of Wynyard.

...which has the distinct issue of having a big air gap between the pierside & the reclaimed land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PM to GD. Just hang on until after the election. We'll slide a pittance through to you if we get reelected.That way voters will have 3 years to forget about it. Meantime we'll milk your stellar victory for all it's worth to get reelected.  NZ politicians and Auckland's Mayor give hypocrites a bad name !  Gutless creeps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2017 at 8:30 PM, Barnacle Bill said:

Been there, fuck that. The wife is in bed reading while I watch the game. There's some things that'll not change in this house. We're equal in lots of things but, lifting heavy stuff, killing bugs, punching dumb cunts and pissing standing up are still my job. 

The desexed soft cocks get what they deserve.

Welcome back TRG  

 

Why should one kiwi pay for a private event that advertises a foriegn air line and has a CEO ( Dalton) livung in England.

Send it to Dubai and give Ayckland a rest from immigrants and congestion  

Bu the way Lurch, your still a big wanker 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snaerk said:

when in roam . . .

Shorlie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Actually I was winding Jays up about his ex socialist tree-hugging bitch of a Mayor, who spent shit loads of tax-payers money on a cycle way to Island Bay on Wellington's South Coast. But I'm sure Auckland's effort would have been similar.

And I was doing my best to ignore you because the 2013 AC isn't the only thing I have PTSD over! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hoom said:

Not saying thats what it'll be like in a couple of years but that is the long term plan for the area from a couple of years back.

 

I also seem to recall a concept suggesting AC bases on the pier on the East side of Wynyard.

...which has the distinct issue of having a big air gap between the pierside & the reclaimed land.

We have a bunch of land available on the Wellington waterfront just ripe for redevelopment.

What's more, our harbour is big enough to host the races (none of this BS about going miles away from the launch site) PLUS we can practically guarantee that we would never need to cancel a race due to lack of wind.

Simples!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Further examples of our wonderful politicians heading for the high ground.

 

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11885161

 

Aha! I was going to post that!

Yeah, bunch of fucking cock suckers. You WILL hold out a cheque book and you will pretend like you like it!

After reading all the shit from our pollies over the last week I am starting to support UAE as a venue or at least as a bargaining chip.

Up until this I was resolute that if ETNZ took the cup elsewhere I would be apoplectic. But given how the pollies are behaving, not so much any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team NZ should hold a bidding process between akl, wgt and chch who stumps up the cash wins.  Also tell the present govt not enough cash from you and UAE here we come. Can you imagine the backlash on the Govt , do it before the election and demand 50 million. Its only fair the govt ponies up some money considering all the extra GST revenue that will be generated. Its not like the Govt is going to lose, in effect it will be revenue sharing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Would be good for ETNZ and their coming ACDUH if there were a viable (but still national, and preferably in eyesight of AKL) venue competitor or two. Being such a small pond though, I'm guessing there'd be collusion among the competing parties, it would not be a real competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Team NZ should hold a bidding process between akl, wgt and chch who stumps up the cash wins.  Also tell the present govt not enough cash from you and UAE here we come. Can you imagine the backlash on the Govt , do it before the election and demand 50 million. Its only fair the govt ponies up some money considering all the extra GST revenue that will be generated. Its not like the Govt is going to lose, in effect it will be revenue sharing. 

And the fact that they screwed ETNZ last time. Well, them and ACEA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were entering a period were the politicans are working for themselves. Its the silly season of election year. Any thing that comes out of their mouth will be reflective of what helps their political career. Many would argue that politicians are like that all the time.  Hopefully ETNZ can exploit that,. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Team NZ said:

Welcome back TRG  

 

Why should one kiwi pay for a private event that advertises a foriegn air line and has a CEO ( Dalton) livung in England.

Send it to Dubai and give Ayckland a rest from immigrants and congestion  

Bu the way Lurch, your still a big wanker 

Reported you there buddy. Don't out people in this forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Reported you there buddy. Don't out people in this forum. 

Eh? Outed? Did I miss something?  Is trg your real name? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was under the impression a lot of ETNZ staff were on reduced wages due to severe financial constraints........and good on them, but will they be willing to do this again. You better whack out that nationality rules now before they fly the coup to greener pastures. Will design staff also come under nationality rules.  If so this would put pressure on a OD rule or a very simple box rule so these countries without the design talent can be competitive. 

Also while im on my soap box bleating into thin air, does anyone have any idea if Americas cup sailors ever read our rants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jaysper said:

We have a bunch of land available on the Wellington waterfront just ripe for redevelopment.

What's more, our harbour is big enough to host the races (none of this BS about going miles away from the launch site) PLUS we can practically guarantee that we would never need to cancel a race due to lack of wind.

Simples!

Im a JAFA and I think its good if it went to Wellington, however several issues come to mind. I think most of ETNZ have their homes in AKL so some sort of housing deal need to be done. Maybe build a block of flats which can be sold after the Americas cup leaves town. There might be limited boat building tradesman some housing needs to be sorted for them. 

I do agree Wellington would provide excellant racing......correction awsome racing.  It would be freemantle all over again. Also because it would be in front of our politicians they might be more inclined to cough up some more money. 

The tourism would also be great after the racing go and see the south Island. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mako23 said:

I was under the impression a lot of ETNZ staff were on reduced wages due to severe financial constraints........and good on them, but will they be willing to do this again. You better whack out that nationality rules now before they fly the coup to greener pastures. Will design staff also come under nationality rules.  If so this would put pressure on a OD rule or a very simple box rule so these countries without the design talent can be competitive. 

Also while im on my soap box bleating into thin air, does anyone have any idea if Americas cup sailors ever read our rants

Hey Wako, you can sleep well tonite rest assured not one AC Cup sailor would read the tripe you post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Im a JAFA and I think its good if it went to Wellington, however several issues come to mind. I think most of ETNZ have their homes in AKL so some sort of housing deal need to be done. Maybe build a block of flats which can be sold after the Americas cup leaves town. There might be limited boat building tradesman some housing needs to be sorted for them. 

I do agree Wellington would provide excellant racing......correction awsome racing.  It would be freemantle all over again. Also because it would be in front of our politicians they might be more inclined to cough up some more money. 

The tourism would also be great after the racing go and see the south Island. 

I did have my tongue firmly in cheek. Yeah the housing costs would be astronomical for them plus the cost of additional buildings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mako23 said:

I was under the impression a lot of ETNZ staff were on reduced wages due to severe financial constraints........and good on them, but will they be willing to do this again. You better whack out that nationality rules now before they fly the coup to greener pastures. Will design staff also come under nationality rules.  If so this would put pressure on a OD rule or a very simple box rule so these countries without the design talent can be competitive. 

Also while im on my soap box bleating into thin air, does anyone have any idea if Americas cup sailors ever read our rants

I personally don't think their budget was remotely as low as they suggested. Wouldn't be the first time Dalton lied about the team's financial position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Hey Wako, you can sleep well tonite rest assured not one AC Cup sailor would read the tripe you post.

I see your sexual frustrations are still boiling over. Have you run out of death and blind men over there ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jaysper said:

I did have my tongue firmly in cheek. Yeah the housing costs would be astronomical for them plus the cost of additional buildings. 

I do believe you make a fair point,  the racing would be good. You have a sections of wharf containg logs FFS. Perfect for racing teams. The more I think of wellington the more I like it, for one reason.......The wind ..The wind old boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Priscilla said:

Hey Wako, you can sleep well tonite rest assured not one AC Cup sailor would read the tripe you post.

NCS? Care to let this euthanasia candidate know? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2017 at 10:18 AM, Barnacle Bill said:

Yeah, I know. Given a choice of not dealing with Lake Road, the annoying 'new money' neighbors who complain every time I have a hungi, party or rinse the outboards on a Sunday night, I'd kinda prefer to be somewhere else. 

A few months ago a letter was put in my mailbox requesting that I don't rinse my outboards out after dark! Now, I always do even if the beast hasn't been out. 

I love that Auckland is a melting pot, have not tolerance for racism or prejudice but, Chinese who buy in my neighborhood need to respect the culture they've moved into. Ffs 

I feel your pain. Every time I slaughter a lamb and the blood runs down the driveway and in to the gutters I get complaining letters from my neighbours. No respect for culture eh bro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wellington is a great city. Excellent night culture, great food, good public transport, good airport and reasonably good hotel bed-night capacity. 

It's a shit place to sail with way too much wind and far too many dudes in suits with clipboards and shaking heads. Marina fees are $440 per month for a 12M berth. That's evidence enough for how popular boating is down in the city of snails. 

All you'll peeps outside of Auckland should stop rubbing your dicks and slurping up your own saliva with thoughts of The Cup being held outside of Auckland, it ain't gonna happen. We don't need the country embarrassed by some small town saggy banner event. 

I hear there are high level talks going on tomorrow between local and central government bean counters. Hopefully, we'll hear some nice news in the next few weeks about government investment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Last Post said:

I feel your pain. Every time I slaughter a lamb and the blood runs down the driveway and in to the gutters I get complaining letters from my neighbours. No respect for culture eh bro?

Surely, you mean goat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Surely, you mean goat?

No, I hear goats are for an entirely different purpose.

I also heard the boffins at Massey University in NZ have just finished a ten year comprehensive study and come up with two hitherto unknown benefits from farming sheep...

meat and wool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barnicle Bill .....You think Wellington has to much wind. Thats exactly why I want it there. Just imagine the carnage, Sheets breaking, Gennakers splitting, Sailors being washed overboard. it would be amazing TV to watch. All things being equal I prefer AKL, but Auckland doesnt have the consistant high wind.  It would have the air of danger without being a killer like a AC72. Nor does Auckland have the habour space. 

I accept Im pissing into the wind here, but isnt this the forum to think outside the square

PS today your insults seem below par today.......can you put some effort in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

It's a good start. 

as bill felt

dalt's light touch

to his ball-sac

he coughed

$5mil

the squeeze has only just begun

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Barnicle Bill .....You think Wellington has to much wind. Thats exactly why I want it there. Just imagine the carnage, Sheets breaking, Gennakers splitting, Sailors being washed overboard. it would be amazing TV to watch. All things being equal I prefer AKL, but Auckland doesnt have the consistant high wind.  It would have the air of danger without being a killer like a AC72. Nor does Auckland have the habour space. 

I accept Im pissing into the wind here, but isnt the forum to think outside the square

PS today your insults seem below par today.......can you put some effort in 

As for the abuse, I've worked a 14 hour day. Just started sipping some whiskey. Gimmie a few minutes and I'll rip some cunts skull open and cough some cigarette flem into it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eric e said:

as bill felt

dalt's light touch

to his ball-sac

he coughed

$5mil

the squeeze has only just begun

 

I would of thought that Dalt being good at fund raising would also  be good at blow jobs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Auckland has a reasonably stable and reliable SW, and I live there. I ain't traveling to that shit house city unless the loop the cycle track. 

Spoken like a true JAFA.  Nothing great exsists outside Auckland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mako23 said:

I would of thought that Dalt being good at fund raising would also  be good at blow jobs. 

those that squeeze

seldom blow

jimmy blows...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trt131 said:

Spoken like a true JAFA.  Nothing great exsists outside Auckland

Never a truer word, once you go south of the bombay hills you fall off a cliff at the end of the world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, trt131 said:

How much do you realistically believe the taxpayers and ratepayers should stump up.

Between the two of them 50 million, chances of that happening zilch

I dont believe they will give more than 15

I sense a horrible disturbance in the force.......its called left wing politics

If national retain power...sweet we will get money......A labour/Green Alliance......I dont know...ill be to busy leaving the country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, trt131 said:

How much do you realistically believe the taxpayers and ratepayers should stump up.

For running the event? Not so much. Making sure that the facilities and infrastructure are available? Quite a lot.

In 2021 there is some big heads of government something-or-other is occurring in Auckland also. Some more facilities might be welcome?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Reported you there buddy. Don't out people in this forum. 

Lurch AKA TRG ya big poof poofter.

Don't be a poofter.  Lurch is not a name. It's a term used for someone with bad posture following a trip... bro.

What's it like  being the first guy banned before making 40 posts?....   you were awesome. ...   despite your Trumpesk like sicko perversion 

Tell us about ya latest special "Jimmy".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sailing Anarchy. said:

Lurch AKA TRG ya big poof poofter.

Don't be a poofter.  Lurch is not a name. It's a term used for someone with bad posture following a trip... bro.

What's it like  being the first guy banned before making 40 posts?....   you were awesome. ...   despite your Trumpesk like sicko perversion 

Tell us about ya latest special "Jimmy".

Good one. Tell us something about the Americas Cup, who's going to fund it and how much. 

If not, try drinking some caustic soda. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trt131 said:

Not too many Auckalofas on the winning boat though so something good must be happening outside Jafaland.

Is that a racist comment? Are you taking the piss out of our city in a racist manner? Is that some kind of 'coconut' joke you've slipped in there? 

Jeezass. You fucking hick. It's 2017.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trt131 said:

How much do you realistically believe the taxpayers and ratepayers should stump up.

$50 million has a reasonable ring to it, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Is that a racist comment? Are you taking the piss out of our city in a racist manner? Is that some kind of 'coconut' joke you've slipped in there? 

Jeezass. You fucking hick. It's 2017.

 

Auckalofa is a common nick name for your town. Not racist  HTFU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Yeah, bunch of fucking cock suckers. You WILL hold out a cheque book and you will pretend like you like it!

Oh fuck off :rolleyes:

If they were immediately promising tens of millions of $$$ you'd be bitching just as hard about them throwing your taxpayer/ratepayer $$$s away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Reported you there buddy. Don't out people in this forum. 

You outed yourself when you posted at least one celebratory comment signed TRG :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sailbydate said:

$50 million has a reasonable ring to it, no?

50 million is a good start out of a budget of maybe 120 million.  They should be able to Pony up the rest themselves.  I guess NZ sponsers wil be more inclined to come on board. I think Emirates will stick around as long as they get there payoff with a regata with a few points on the line. To be fair Emirates have been very loyal over the years and they deserve something for it. I imagine the LV will be still in NZ but the pre races before LV could have carry on points for the LV. Maybee a few extra points should added to give real interest. Emirates can wear the cost of moving everyone to NZ after the races. If we can get enough syndicates we could make it the last syndicate gets the chop. Why would we want to do this..........Money ......also foster trade relations for NZ in that area. By the time AC circus leaves the UAE everyone will know about NZ...might start buying NZ lamb, Milk, Cheese etc

When the foreign syndicates do their sums for housing costs in AKL there going to cry like babies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$50mill is a chicken-shit investment considering the direct and indirect financial returns on offer for an event of this magnitude.

$5mill should be just a token to give them time to work that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2017 at 11:01 PM, pluscount said:

I'm an old, fat, retired, white guy from the USA.  Just the type of AC tourist you want to get.  Never crossed my mind to go to Bermuda.  When the dates and venue are set for AC 36, I'm calling a travel agent. Based on other vacations I've done in the last 10 years, I'll probably spend ~$US 10k in NZ for a 2 week trip.  Just a single data point, but I think there are more like me out there.

You, me and many others. 

NZ is on most peoples bucket list. The distance is actually a benefit in a sense since it requires a reasonable stay to make the trip worthwhile. That in turn means spending more money and touring.   Any event that helps promote tourism in NZ is worth supporting. 

The footwits and halfwits that unfortunately inhabit most of our parliaments don't have any vision beyond tomorrow. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Last Post said:

I feel your pain. Every time I slaughter a lamb and the blood runs down the driveway and in to the gutters I get complaining letters from my neighbours. No respect for culture eh bro?

Know what you mean. Every time I let the ferret out to hunt a cat I get wails of protest and angry remonstrations. That he ate a bunny was an accident ffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Wellington is a great city. Excellent night culture, great food, good public transport, good airport and reasonably good hotel bed-night capacity. 

It's a shit place to sail with way too much wind and far too many dudes in suits with clipboards and shaking heads. Marina fees are $440 per month for a 12M berth. That's evidence enough for how popular boating is down in the city of snails. 

All you'll peeps outside of Auckland should stop rubbing your dicks and slurping up your own saliva with thoughts of The Cup being held outside of Auckland, it ain't gonna happen. We don't need the country embarrassed by some small town saggy banner event. 

I hear there are high level talks going on tomorrow between local and central government bean counters. Hopefully, we'll hear some nice news in the next few weeks about government investment. 

Talk about a back handed compliment.

We know it aint gonna happen, but I still think we could do a better job that a bunch of Jafas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Talk about a back handed compliment.

We know it aint gonna happen, but I still think we could do a better job that a bunch of Jafas.

Two problems for Wellington, IMO.

1) Too much wind (and that includes the pollies)

2) A lack of marine industry infrastructure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Two problems for Wellington, IMO.

1) Too much wind (and that includes the pollies)

2) A lack of marine industry infrastructure

Too much wind? VOR boats seem to do ok.

But like I said, we know it aint gonna happen. But still think it is a better venue.

The harbour is small enough and shaped somewhat like an amphitheatre without being too small to lay down a course.

We already have shitloads of eateries and bars within 300m of the waterfront.

PLUS we're not a bunch of unfriendly cunts like so many Jafas seem to be. I know not all Jafas are unfriendly, but seriously when I lived there I couldn't believe how unfriendly they were on average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jaysper said:

Too much wind? VOR boats seem to do ok.

But like I said, we know it aint gonna happen. But still think it is a better venue.

The harbour is small enough and shaped somewhat like an amphitheatre without being too small to lay down a course.

We already have shitloads of eateries and bars within 300m of the waterfront.

PLUS we're not a bunch of unfriendly cunts like so many Jafas seem to be. I know not all Jafas are unfriendly, but seriously when I lived there I couldn't believe how unfriendly they were on average.

Could it have been down to that "All JAFA's are Cunts" T-shirt you wore continuously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Last Post said:

Could it have been down to that "All JAFA's are Cunts" T-shirt you wore continuously?

Not true! Only wore it on weekends! I don't think it's cos they're cunts so much as they just seemed to busy to be bothered with basic niceties such as stopping for people as they cross a zebra crossing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The number of Wellingholeians I've had to physically grab to save from getting run over at pedestrian crossings...

In Wellinghole I even once had a car on a Green light wave me across as pedestrian while I was quietly waiting for my green man :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoom said:

The number of Wellingholeians I've had to physically grab to save from getting run over at pedestrian crossings...

In Wellinghole I even once had a car on a Green light wave me across as pedestrian while I was quietly waiting for my green man :huh:

Yeah, we're total bastards like that. If you don't keep an eye on us, we will randomly give way even when not required. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoom said:

The number of Wellingholeians I've had to physically grab to save from getting run over at pedestrian crossings...

In Wellinghole I even once had a car on a Green light wave me across as pedestrian while I was quietly waiting for my green man :huh:

Wellywoodians should have to wear bright yellow and green striped shirts when they visit the big city. That is, when they can get out of town, past Porirua, up the Kapiti Coast and not forget to turn right at the pub in Bulls. 

Perhaps not though, they are easy to spot. Generally of pale complexion with windblown hair and sporting a well worn umbrella, your average windy city adventurer can be seen shaking their heads at almost every interaction and complaining at the price of anything they need to buy. Fumbling with coins and hunched over their clenched hands with the posture of someone 30 years their senior, the Wellyquakian will constantly be vigilant and nervously darting their eyes about looking for baddies, street kids or aggressive Green Peace collectors. 

Sad really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooo. This thread got fucked up on acid and off topic pretty soon after its birth. Afterbirth looks like mince stuck to a plastic bag. It's smells bad and I dunno why some people eat it or plant roses over it. Roses prefer horse shit. Not new horse shit though, it needs to mature. Old horses end up as dog meat. My dog likes to bark at ducks and sometimes it falls of the back off my yacht into the water. My dog was on a duckboard barking at ducks though, and that's strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Wellywoodians should have to wear bright yellow and green striped shirts when they visit the big city. That is, when they can get out of town, past Porirua, up the Kapiti Coast and not forget to turn right at the pub in Bulls. 

Perhaps not though, they are easy to spot. Generally of pale complexion with windblown hair and sporting a well worn umbrella, your average windy city adventurer can be seen shaking their heads at almost every interaction and complaining at the price of anything they need to buy. Fumbling with coins and hunched over their clenched hands with the posture of someone 30 years their senior, the Wellyquakian will constantly be vigilant and nervously darting their eyes about looking for baddies, street kids or aggressive Green Peace collectors. 

Sad really. 

Hey, stop fucking stalking us Wellingtonians! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jaysper said:

Too much wind? VOR boats seem to do ok.

But like I said, we know it aint gonna happen. But still think it is a better venue.

The harbour is small enough and shaped somewhat like an amphitheatre without being too small to lay down a course.

We already have shitloads of eateries and bars within 300m of the waterfront.

PLUS we're not a bunch of unfriendly cunts like so many Jafas seem to be. I know not all Jafas are unfriendly, but seriously when I lived there I couldn't believe how unfriendly they were on average.

I can honestly say Auckland is way more friendly than Christchurch. We've made some genuinely beautiful friends up here. Selfless and welcoming folk who have taken the chance to meet and embrace new people into their lives. Mind you, I've got a nice house, trailer boat and a decent yacht in the marina. Those fucking bludgers! So shallow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

I was born in Lower Hutt hospital. 

Well, I knew something was wrong with you and now I know what.

FYI we require Hutt folk to have a passport, valid visa and rabies shots before admitting them to the city. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Well, I knew something was wrong with you and now I know what.

FYI we require Hutt folk to have a passport, valid visa and rabies shots before admitting them to the city. 

Yeah but I grew up in Churton Park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

 

Yeah but I grew up in Churton Park. 

I'm wondering how is that any better? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barnacle Bill said:

It's better than dribbling down a whores leg on Cuba St in 1971.

Ah, I believe I am a higher class than that. Vivian Street me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hoom said:

The number of Wellingholeians I've had to physically grab to save from getting run over at pedestrian crossings...

In Wellinghole I even once had a car on a Green light wave me across as pedestrian while I was quietly waiting for my green man :huh:

If you were crossing up near the Beehive, you could have been waiting for a little green woman...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Last Post said:

If you were crossing up near the Beehive, you could have been waiting for a little green woman...

Molesworth Street. You'd be waiting for a green mole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to Auckland, honestly, but you have a very tough act to follow. If you get even 50% of the community engagement we had here in Bermuda, you will do OK.

Just don't fuck it up with boring format, slow race snore fest, and televised in the middle of the night (actually you can't fix that one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

That, or the pier just to the east (right)

Captain Cook Wharf.

Its the obvious location: good spot, decent size, not really being used for much currently.

 

Problem is Ports of Auckland has been extremely hostile against every previous suggestion that it be re-purposed from 2nd hand Japanese car quarantine area to something publicly useful & fitting to the great location.

 

In conjunction with Captain Cook wharf, if there are enough Challengers & if The Cloud is likely to be knocked down anyway I could certainly see a couple of temporary bases on Queens Wharf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hoom said:

Captain Cook Wharf.

Its the obvious location: good spot, decent size, not really being used for much currently.

Problem is Ports of Auckland has been extremely hostile against every previous suggestion that it be re-purposed from 2nd hand Japanese car quarantine area to something publicly useful

In the end Ports of Auckland will do as there told. The political cost will be too much, whats likely is they will trade this for the extension of existing wharfs. There is a lot of opposition among some sectors of the population against this idea but they will have the tide of public opinion against them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now