• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Point Break

WFD Brothers...WFD

Peopel our goode and halve goode intenttenents, chrissis brigges outte beste in peopel, and then somthing happendes.   .                       :)

WFD indeed.

I'm glad they got those fawns to a facility for some care.

Without their Mom, it's still nearly 100% they would die if simply released.

Yesterday, as a couple of neighbors were test firing cannons in preparation for today, we noticed a little fawn at the far end of the field. Too small to jump the fence, it was running back and forth frantically trying to get to it's mother on the other side. So the two neighbors go out to give it a hand. One hid behind a big Oak tree and the other wandered to the right. The fawn darted to the left and as the neighbor stepped out from behind the tree, the little fawn leapt up, and the neighbor caught it like a perfect touchdown pass. The fawn started bawling and bleating like a sheep, and momma deer came running up to help, but just then the dog noticed the commotion and ran out to help. The neighbor gently lowered the fawn on the other side of the fence, and momma and fawn skipped off into the woods..... I'm sure they'll be back to savage my orchard some more....

BUT..... The point of all this is..... The neighbor is a fireman..... It must just be something they do.... :D 

30 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

BUT..... The point of all this is..... The neighbor is a fireman..... It must just be something they do.... :D 

:) , balls of steel and a heart big as all outdoors.

30 minutes ago, Mike in Seattle said:

:) , balls of steel and a heart big as all outdoors.

He's planning on killing Momma and Daddy on Sept. 16..... :D

1 hour ago, Mike in Seattle said:

;)  Ok to kill Daddy,

:(  , but tell him  I'm begging him to spare Momma so she can raise another pair of fawns next year.

They're like fleas onna hound dawg around here.

Pulled out of the ground, and ate 10 of my 12 Olive seedlings this past spring. Savaged my figs, and grapes.... Only thing they don't seem to like are Lemons, and Grapefruit.....And weeds. They leave the weeds alone.

I think the point is less what the critter is and may do to your garden in its habitat......and more the refusal to let any living creature burn to death. That's why we rescue pets as well as people. At least it always was for me.......

10 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I think the point is less what the critter is and may do to your garden in its habitat......and more the refusal to let any living creature burn to death. That's why we rescue pets as well as people. At least it always was for me.......

True dat.

Sorry for the drift.

I am a former FF and I've singed myself several times for critters..... And I still stop and help turtles across the road..... But I draw the line at slamming on my brakes for squirrels.

Just now, Mrleft8 said:

True dat.

Sorry for the drift.

I am a former FF and I've singed myself several times for critters..... And I still stop and help turtles across the road..... But I draw the line at slamming on my brakes for squirrels.

Squirrels...........we all know how I feel about squirrels............:angry:

2 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Squirrels...........we all know how I feel about squirrels............:angry:

Fur lined, buck toothed, fuzzy tailed evil.

Deer. Long legged rats and more numerous now than when the first European settlers arrived. A curse on Walt Disney for the movie Bambi. Squirrels are nothing compared to the agricultural, landscaping and automobile damage done by deer.  

Harsh answer is to kill momma and let the bucks chase the remainder. Limits here are heavily skewed to anterless for good reason. 

10 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Deer. Long legged rats and more numerous now than when the first European settlers arrived. A curse on Walt Disney for the movie Bambi. Squirrels are nothing compared to the agricultural, landscaping and automobile damage done by deer.  

Harsh answer is to kill momma and let the bucks chase the remainder. Limits here are heavily skewed to anterless for good reason. 

Wolves fix them.

Unfortunately, we killed all the predators and Bambi culture created a bunch of folks who object to killing them for food-despite the millions of dollars in crop damage, the several folks killed annually running into them on the road and the food kitchens that benefit from donated meat. 

Here, hunters take 30% of the population annually, farmers have 12 month "nuisance permits" and the overall herd sizes are still growing. In the Northern DC suburbs bordering Rock Creek Park, sharpshooters bait kill zones and shoot at night to avoid inconveniencing the locals and there are still protestors.  

It's been posted here before, a time-lapse of changes to Yellowstone? after the introduction of wolves.  Ultra-impressive, even the river banks changes back to what they must have looked like before white man appeared.  Non-human predators are an essential part of every ecosystem.

42 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Unfortunately, we killed all the predators and Bambi culture created a bunch of folks who object to killing them for food-despite the millions of dollars in crop damage, the several folks killed annually running into them on the road and the food kitchens that benefit from donated meat. 

Here, hunters take 30% of the population annually, farmers have 12 month "nuisance permits" and the overall herd sizes are still growing. In the Northern DC suburbs bordering Rock Creek Park, sharpshooters bait kill zones and shoot at night to avoid inconveniencing the locals and there are still protestors.  

Do they salvage the road kill for food kitchens?

55 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Do they salvage the road kill for food kitchens?

No. 

Random. Don't disagree.  Chances of reintroducing wolves here is nil but reports of coyotes are starting to appear. The animals in congress object to 4 legged predators running around on their turf. 

Lucky Kiwi never got the bambi problem. They are a pest and open season all year round. Same goes for pigs and goats. And those pesky fucking possums, road kill is the best place for them. Likely there have been more car accidents from people trying to get them than dodge them.