• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Deano lost 9-8 in Frisco

Jimmy lost 8-1 in Bda

Pick the biggest loser?

I wonder if Larry had him on a performance bonus scheme?

1 minute ago, Team_GBR said:

Pathetic

+1. 

No matter how many JS loses, he's still won more and accomplished more than any random online personality. And more class too it seems. 

39 minutes ago, Last Post said:

Deano lost 9-8 in Frisco

Jimmy lost 8-1 in Bda

Pick the biggest loser?

Well you obviously counted the all the wins we got in bda.  So be fair Deano lost 11-8

I dunno they both losers but eh I wish I was in their shoes at least then I know I was good enough to sail those boats. 

And in the end Jimmy showed what a class act he was so as much as I wish to bag him I can't and thats what I hate he's a damn Aussie after all.

52 minutes ago, Last Post said:

Deano lost 9-8 in Frisco

Jimmy lost 8-1 in Bda

Pick the biggest loser?

Dick comment.

3 minutes ago, like said:

Dick comment.

To be honest Jimmy hasn't  gone out of his way to make friends. Some of the attacks on Grant Dalton were very unacceptable. If you hand it out you have to be able to take it...Im sure he understands this and will take it like a man 

1 minute ago, mako23 said:

To be honest Jimmy hasn't  gone out of his way to make friends. Some of the attacks on Grant Dalton were very unacceptable. If you hand it out you have to be able to take it...Im sure he understands this and will take it like a man 

That's true, but calling either of them losers is pretty innacurate and a.cheap.shot at this stage of events. Jimmy bowed out gracefully despite his natural cockiness; while Dean Barker lives a pretty amazing life by any standards. Calling either of them losers is like calling a formula 1 driver a loser. Your average mortal can only imagine what it's like to have that amount of talent and that rich history of life experiences to reflect on. 

6 minutes ago, mako23 said:

I'm sure he doesn't give two fucking what anyone in this forum thinks of him. But it was still a dick comment. 

42 minutes ago, DevsNzL said:

Well you obviously counted the all the wins we got in bda.  So be fair Deano lost 11-8

I dunno they both losers but eh I wish I was in their shoes at least then I know I was good enough to sail those boats. 

And in the end Jimmy showed what a class act he was so as much as I wish to bag him I can't and thats what I hate he's a damn Aussie after all.

Class act? Fucking short memory mate. The cocky prick dissed everything about ETNZ from Dalts to the Cyclors, to the crew dynamics and comms, nothing was spared.

At the end he muttered a few nice words when he had been flogged senseless in the match, beaten by everything he had criticised and all is forgiven? Fuck off! (and I am an Aussie)

9 minutes ago, Last Post said:

Class act? Fucking short memory mate. The cocky prick dissed everything about ETNZ from Dalts to the Cyclors, to the crew dynamics and comms, nothing was spared.

At the end he muttered a few nice words when he had been flogged senseless in the match, beaten by everything he had criticised and all is forgiven? Fuck off! (and I am an Aussie)

I ain't got a short memory, but the difference is he is what made the victory more sweeter but at least you can tell he was honest in his praises and he was bloody man enough to step up and take the loss like a man and not make excuses as some losers do.   And I have seen Australians not even give nzl credit when we beat them in other sports.

9 minutes ago, DevsNzL said:

I ain't got a short memory, but the difference is he is what made the victory more sweeter but at least you can tell he was honest in his praises and he was bloody man enough to step up and take the loss like a man and not make excuses as some losers do.   And I have seen Australians not even give nzl credit when we beat them in other sports.

Yes he did take it like a man, and he did praise ETNZ, and he did act gracefully. But this doesn't mean, I'm not going to enjoy ragging him, in this forum, if he pops his head up. 

11 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Yes he did take it like a man, and he did praise ETNZ, and he did act gracefully. But this doesn't mean, I'm not going to enjoy ragging him, in this forum, if he pops his head up. 

LOL yea give him shit, but calling him a loser eh, has he ever visited this place

I dont 

11 minutes ago, DevsNzL said:

LOL yea give him shit, but calling him a loser eh, has he ever visited this place

i wouldn't know if hes visited SA, if that's what you mean.

I'm sure he will join some syndicate and start bad mouthing any one else competing against him.  I wouldn't call him a loser, hes clearly not. He did sail very bad in this regatta. However to be fair he knew within a couple of races he didn't stand a chance.

Will  GD go out of his way to make life hard for Jimmy via a change in the protocols....is this possible folks....... is there enough bad blood between them...... Its been done before to get at RC after the 2003 cup. 

I hope not

34 minutes ago, DevsNzL said:

He had basically no choice and moreso had a week of practice and discussions to get ready for that speech which OR knew was on the cards after the first 2 days racing.

IMO, you don't rate how sportsmanlike someone is when they're gracious after a downtrou. How he acted when he thought he was the bee's knees is the truer reflection of who he is. A few comments which were basically professionally expedient for his own future don't undo his long track record of terrible sportsmanship.

It was part of the game, he kept it up cause it was damn well working on Dean Barker, but it sure as hell wasn't working on Peter Burling and I ain't no fan of sledging but I will give credit where credit is due.  That is why this victory was all the more sweeter.  And he wasn't that bad this time round either 

1 minute ago, DevsNzL said:

It was part of the game, he kept it up cause it was damn well working on Dean Barker, but it sure as hell wasn't working on Peter Burling and I ain't no fan of sledging but I will give credit where credit is due.  That is why this victory was all the more sweeter.  And he wasn't that bad this time round either 

After the round robin series. And this wasn't even the extent of his gobshite.

Jimmy2.jpg

3 minutes ago, bob202 said:

Jimmy2.jpg

And I bet he wishes he could un-say those words now... 

1 minute ago, bob202 said:

Jimmy2.jpg

Thanks for reminding me of this it was one of several smart ass comments he made during that conference. I remember me thinking what a monumental asshole this guy is. He sure had that smug look ripped off his face at a later date.

17 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Thanks for reminding me of this it was one of several smart ass comments he made during that conference. I remember me thinking what a monumental asshole this guy is. He sure had that smug look ripped off his face at a later date.

I always contended we were the ones playing the mind games on him and it was working, they only beat us cause we weren't going 100 pc.  And PB didn't bite whatsoever til the end where he did the sledging, "nice to see them put up a fight" 

He was looking for a bite he didn't get it, I mean Australians are good at that, in cricket etc.  And this is why I give him credit he was gracious in losing.  But back in 2011 I think, anyways we beat Australia in the 3rd test in the cricket for the first time since forever.  Did their captain utter an ounce of grats to us nope all Michael Clarke did was say how disappointing it was to lose after warner smashed a century.  

2 hours ago, Last Post said:

No you're not an Aussie, you are a Victorian  and can't stand anything good out of NSW or for that matter anything that is not from SYC.

Some of you really are arseholes. You think you know so much yet you know nothing. Sure, there is mo love loss between Jimmy and Dalton, but between Jimmy and the ETNZ sailing team, they are at worst good friends and in one case, best mates. Glenn and Jimmy are really, really close and the guys on the boat knew it was all banter. That is why after everybody had gone home, Glenn phoned Jimmy and asked him and the others round to the team base where the crews sat up late into the night drinking together. The fact that Glenn phoned and Jimmy not only answered but accepted the invite and stayed a long time tells us what you really need to know. I have had the pleasure of sailing at championships where both Glenn and Jimmy have been and have seen their friendship first hand.

Think about this. With all that was said and all that was going on, the problem was between Dalton and Jimmy and not between Jimmy and the sailing team. Then look at other teams. The problem is always between Dalton and others and there never seems to be an issue between the ETNZ sailing team and others. Yet some on here don't seem to understand that. Whose view would you rather accept on what Jimmy is like. The sailing team or Dalton? The sailors knew the sledging was all part of the game and in the end, Jimmy was very genuine towards Dalton with his congratulations yet Dalton said he didn't care what jimmy was thinking. Says it all.

4 hours ago, DevsNzL said:

What ever... L

He only showed class because he knew he was going to get pumped by a better team. He could see if coming and adjusted his mantra accordingly.

13 minutes ago, A Class Sailor said:

Some of you really are arseholes. You think you know so much yet you know nothing. Sure, there is mo love loss between Jimmy and Dalton, but between Jimmy and the ETNZ sailing team, they are at worst good friends and in one case, best mates. Glenn and Jimmy are really, really close and the guys on the boat knew it was all banter. That is why after everybody had gone home, Glenn phoned Jimmy and asked him and the others round to the team base where the crews sat up late into the night drinking together. The fact that Glenn phoned and Jimmy not only answered but accepted the invite and stayed a long time tells us what you really need to know. I have had the pleasure of sailing at championships where both Glenn and Jimmy have been and have seen their friendship first hand.

Think about this. With all that was said and all that was going on, the problem was between Dalton and Jimmy and not between Jimmy and the sailing team. Then look at other teams. The problem is always between Dalton and others and there never seems to be an issue between the ETNZ sailing team and others. Yet some on here don't seem to understand that. Whose view would you rather accept on what Jimmy is like. The sailiyeang team or Dalton? The sailors knew the sledging was all part of the game and in the end, Jimmy was very genuine towards Dalton with his congratulations yet Dalton said he didn't care what jimmy was thinking. Says it all.

What is a mo?

Anyway we know all that, It's like me insulting your mum but wanting to be best mates with you at the same time.

Its not going to work - end of

5 minutes ago, Modernrate Buai said:

Hey A Class Sailor, you do realise you are posting to a mostly primitive mega chip on shoiulder bunch of Kiwis here, that still irk underarm bowling from a time that dinosaurs almost roamed the planet?

Do not feed them facts, the savvy Kiwis here are in on the actual scene, the others some being many of those "boorish types" whos actions impacted on innocents nearly 4 years later at the RNZYC!

We were moved onto another area really quickly, during our VIP visit & told descreetly, " anyone and especially a large group with rum on their breath had to be ushered away from the foyer, due to precedent!", haha

tYIJPLZ.gif

2 hours ago, DevsNzL said:

I always contended we were the ones playing the mind games on him and it was working, they only beat us cause we weren't going 100 pc.  And PB didn't bite whatsoever til the end where he did the sledging, "nice to see them put up a fight"

That comment from Burling was the most high-IQ sledges in the history of the America's Cup. One that hit home perfectly but couldn't be accused of being anything but nice.

48 minutes ago, A Class Sailor said:

...Glenn phoned Jimmy and asked him and the others round to the team base where the crews sat up late into the night drinking together. The fact that Glenn phoned and Jimmy not only answered but accepted the invite and stayed a long time tells us what you really need to know. I have had the pleasure of sailing at championships where both Glenn and Jimmy have been and have seen their friendship first hand.

According to what was reported it was Jimmy who phoned Glenn to ask to come over. And nicely done too - I cannot begrudge anyone being a good loser. You only have to go to Tom Slingsby's facebook page to see what a good sport some of OR was compared to Jimmy. Right through the finals he posted pretty honest assessments of the way it was going without a hint of malice or sarcasm.

48 minutes ago, A Class Sailor said:

Think about this. With all that was said and all that was going on, the problem was between Dalton and Jimmy and not between Jimmy and the sailing team. Then look at other teams. The problem is always between Dalton and others and there never seems to be an issue between the ETNZ sailing team and others. Yet some on here don't seem to understand that. Whose view would you rather accept on what Jimmy is like. The sailing team or Dalton?

Oh, for sure. This was self-evident. The sailors themselves see each other so often they can't not get along. It's just not cricket to be a perpetual asshole to fellow competitors. That's actually what makes Jimmy's press conference facade across the years all the worse in some ways. He was trying to continue the earlier Coutts nastiness when it would have fitted him a lot better to be nice.

The way he has acted, even ignoring how utterly rubbish his helming was in the finals, has done his future prospects no help at all. He'll always find a job in the AC but he comes with nothing like the broad respect others have (Slingsby, Outteridge, Percy, Ainslie etc). His foray into team management was similarly a failure ultimately and that can't sit well with prospective hirers.

As for Jimmy's post cup comments - yeah, nah. He didn't say shit about Dalton which made him look any better at all. And Dalton didn't really say anything that wasn't a long time coming and well-justified. He took so much shit from Spithill - vicious, nasty crap for ages I don't even rate his comment about Spithill as even 1% unjustified. It is what it is - Jimmy had years to be nice but he chose to be vindictive and meddling by repeatedly suggesting Dalton shouldn't be running the team etc.

I said earlier and I'll say it again, you can tell a lot more about a person by the way they win than the way they lose. Spithill made Ricky Ponting look humble.

3 hours ago, bob202 said:

Jimmy2.jpg

15 minutes ago, bob202 said:

"nice to see them put up a fight"

I liked the Day1 one "It was some pretty tight racing"

"In the pre-starts" :lol:

I don't mind Jimmy taking some quiet time to mourn.

Its not like he could add anything to his humility in defeat.

Eventually I hope to see a 'this was the moment we realised we fucked up' dissection of their campaign, maybe.

He'll probably have something to say about the Protocol & boats when announced.

Hopefully 'look me and the boyyzzz are pretty happy with this, its pretty fair dinkum & the boats should be exciting to sail & watch'

31 minutes ago, Purple Headed Warrior said:

The bit which really pissed me off in this was "in the leak I have got in their team" referencing choosing BAR as their next opponent.

They got to the bottom of that. The helmsmen were waiting just outside before their turn at the presser and apparently he asked PB who ETNZ were picking and he told him. Jimmy then went in a spoiled the surprise. Didn't really matter.

1 minute ago, bob202 said:

They got to the bottom of that. The helmsmen were waiting just outside before their turn at the presser and apparently he asked PB who ETNZ were picking and he told him. Jimmy then went in a spoiled the surprise. Didn't really matter.

Exactly. And I found the 'upstage' just funny, a poke at the presser-people and at the same time a good-natured joke pulled on PB.

10 minutes ago, bob202 said:

I'm no fan of Jimmy but you're absolutely right on this one, it was a tongue in cheek piece of humour that was somehow taken by some to be serious. 

People just don't have a sense of humor anymore.  It really is sad.  Think of what you say to your buddies when racing?  If you are not trash talking them at some point then you need to get better friends or get the stick out of your ass. 

Listen up fucktards. I've read the whole thread, watched Jimmy closely for years, even his pre-Cup achievements. 

Most of the comments here are garbage and take Jimmy on as a bit of a cunt. He's not. He has a well constructed public persona and a healthy distrust of the press. Clearly, one can see this. Jimmy thrives on a bit of scandal, nasty sledging and low level mind games. In this incredibly unsatisfying politically correct world we find ourselves in, Jimmy takes us back to a time where it wasn't so. Dennis Connor would crush Jimmy like a pie bag had they sat in a presser together. 

He said some classic and beautiful lines resplendent of an Australian cheeky bastard. Cunty as fuck. 

We love to bag him because of the hurt, because of the loss to him and above all because he reminds us of the ginger kid at school who was a smart mouthed bully. 

He's quite sharp. I think his public profile is a total cock but, he is in private, just another ego created of his own success. 

I'm no Aussie. I'm a kiwi, fuck Aussie. It's full of shit that wants to bite ya and arrogant cock sucker sons of convicts, mostly. Aggressive Aussie males meet with one fate in my company. 

Fuck Jimmy, you're a winner and loser of the cup now. I guess that's better than Dean, but you're still a loser. 

Bottom line is, Jimmy skippered the winning boat in 2010, defended it in 2013 and lost it in 2017, very few have that record. IMO he kept out of the politics of framework agreements and such and concentrated on sailing.

It is his job as an America's cup skipper to put pressure on the other skipper. Always has been and always will be.

I'd rate him as a great AC skipper, and his mix of Aussie grit and Yankee crap has to be admired, even if it's not what I would choose. 

Alas, Jimmy only made 1 mistake, signing for Orifice.

Respect Jimmy,

hate Larry.

35 minutes ago, laser 173312 said:

IMO he kept out of the politics of framework agreements ...

He must have hidden that effort very well, because the Jimmy I remember took every opportunity to slam ETNZ over the framework agreement and invited himself into the criticism of ETNZ's clarification of the rules on foils which his boss Coutts deliberately misrepresented on social media. But don't let the facts spoil your wet dream..

And I agree that Jimmy is a great AC sailor, one who recognised the value of hammering the politics integral in the America's Cup..

51 minutes ago, laser 173312 said:

Bottom line is, Jimmy skippered the winning boat in 2010, defended it in 2013 and lost it in 2017, very few have that record. IMO he kept out of the politics of framework agreements and such and concentrated on sailing.

Yeah. See Indio's post just above. He was not just a skipper - he was senior management in OR this time around, head of the sailing programme etc. They just split the roles publicly as much as possible to give the appearance he and Russell weren't thick as thieves, but they were.

Among the ETNZ sailing team I doubt there is much ill will towards Jimmy. The cyclors dont care and PB and GA are mates with the guy.  Im sure they would all sit down together in the future and have a beer. Considering the Nature of the cup some of them could be on the same team with Jimmy. 

However the bad blood between the top brass of ETNZ and Jimmy and RC is real. I dont blame the senior management for hating Jimmy and RC. However they have to put there feeling aside and move on. Any attempt for revenge will look bad for themselves and the country. 

I think JS career in AC may be very shaky.

1. He is too old for the new AC boats

2. He has turned up at the last 2 regattas without fully knowing how to get the best out of the boat so he is unlikely to be offerred a role as sailing coach....

3. He just is not smart enough to be able to run a campaign

He is most likely to end up in a small poorly funded team that is there to make up the numbers.

He has had a great run (thanks to LE) but his days at the top of the sport are likely over.

'There is no Second' but as GA told Clean, both boats were so fast there wasn't much in it. A smallish difference of even 2 knots higher Avg Windspeed and you could instead be bashing on someone else instead.

42 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

I think JS career in AC may be very shaky.

1. He is too old for the new AC boats

2. He has turned up at the last 2 regattas without fully knowing how to get the best out of the boat so he is unlikely to be offerred a role as sailing coach....

3. He just is not smart enough to be able to run a campaign

He is most likely to end up in a small poorly funded team that is there to make up the numbers.

He has had a great run (thanks to LE) but his days at the top of the sport are likely over.

Don't agree with #1, he is in peak physical shape.

However, #2 seems pretty on the money and perhaps #3 also.

In truth I've never seen Jimmy as the brains of the outfit.

10 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

Exactly. And I found the 'upstage' just funny, a poke at the presser-people and at the same time a good-natured joke pulled on PB.

And yet you found GD's "that will be Russell" joke disrespectful, not funny, not necessary...........

2 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

A smallish difference of even 2 knots higher Avg Windspeed and you could instead be bashing on someone else instead.

You keep on with this complete fabrication yet there is no evidence of it at all. ETNZ had the best boat by some way. They beat Artemis when it was windier, and Artemis had soundly thumped Oracle whenever the wind was up (or down for that matter). Time to step out of fantasy land and accept the truth and give full credit where it is due. This time around, Oracle were well behind the curve in every area. Shit happens. Get over it.

There is a myth surrounding Oracle, suggesting that they would have been faster in a breeze. Pure straw grasping myth, not substantiated by results.

ETNZ did MOST of their training in NZ in upper wind ranges and were fully dialled in at those wind speeds, pitch-pole notwithstanding. On that basis and given the superior handling and trimming systems and power availability, not to mention crew skills, I would suggest that the margins in higher wind ranges would have been even greater in ETNZs favour and that they are keeping that advantage up their sleeves for the next go-round.

Apart from that, ETNZs weather gurus generally had Bermuda sussed way better than OTUSA, even on the day when they got the boards wrong vs Artemis.

10 hours ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Listen up fucktards. I've read the whole thread, watched Jimmy closely for years, even his pre-Cup achievements. 

Most of the comments here are garbage and take Jimmy on as a bit of a cunt. He's not. He has a well constructed public persona and a healthy distrust of the press. Clearly, one can see this. Jimmy thrives on a bit of scandal, nasty sledging and low level mind games. In this incredibly unsatisfying politically correct world we find ourselves in, Jimmy takes us back to a time where it wasn't so. Dennis Connor would crush Jimmy like a pie bag had they sat in a presser together. 

He said some classic and beautiful lines resplendent of an Australian cheeky bastard. Cunty as fuck. 

We love to bag him because of the hurt, because of the loss to him and above all because he reminds us of the ginger kid at school who was a smart mouthed bully. 

He's quite sharp. I think his public profile is a total cock but, he is in private, just another ego created of his own success. 

I'm no Aussie. I'm a kiwi, fuck Aussie. It's full of shit that wants to bite ya and arrogant cock sucker sons of convicts, mostly. Aggressive Aussie males meet with one fate in my company. 

Fuck Jimmy, you're a winner and loser of the cup now. I guess that's better than Dean, but you're still a loser. 

I don't know. On many occasions people have said the press conference persona Jimmy likes to put on, isn't his real personality. My question is...why does he feel the need to create a fake, obnoxious, arrogant, overconfident persona? Dennis Connor meant every word of every barb he ever threw at the Kiwi's during his prime. That was the real Dennis Connor, the real personality. He really thought (and rightly so) that the Kiwi's were bending the rules and cheating (in his words) and that he was the best Americas Cup Skipper on the best Americas Cup team in the world at that time, and he probably was. Jimmy apparently just likes to wind Kiwi's up for his own enjoyment, while not caring much at all for the ramifications of his fake outbursts. That fake persona almost managed to shut ETNZ down on a couple of occasions. The ramifications being huge for both ETNZ and Grant Dalton. I'm of the opinion that Jimmy knew he was never as good as he made out to be. He was never a standout Olympic sailor and hadn't won anything worth mentioning outside the Americas Cup for a very long time. But if he was handed a faster boat he could steer it to victory. He was absolutely exposed as a fraud this time. He was dominated in almost every aspect of his campaign. After talking the fake talk, everyone came to find out what Kiwi's knew all along. That Spithill was, and is, all talk. Any harsh words Kiwi's have thrown his way are absolutely deserved. He made his bed, and now he has to lie in it. cm, 

13 hours ago, bob202 said:

No. And I bet PB won't forget it either. 

1 hour ago, Team_GBR said:

You keep on with this complete fabrication yet there is no evidence of it at all. ETNZ had the best boat by some way. They beat Artemis when it was windier, and Artemis had soundly thumped Oracle whenever the wind was up (or down for that matter). Time to step out of fantasy land and accept the truth and give full credit where it is due. This time around, Oracle were well behind the curve in every area. Shit happens. Get over it.

Yeah, I have to agree Stinger. Time to suck it up.

Oracle were really pretty ordinary in the end and were made to look so.

12 minutes ago, sclarke said:

I don't know. On many occasions people have said the press conference persona Jimmy likes to put on, isn't his real personality. My question is...why does he feel the need to create a fake, obnoxious, arrogant, overconfident persona? Dennis Connor meant every word of every barb he ever threw at the Kiwi's during his prime. That was the real Dennis Connor, the real personality. He really thought (and rightly so) that the Kiwi's were bending the rules and cheating (in his words) and that he was the best Americas Cup Skipper on the best Americas Cup team in the world at that time, and he probably was. Jimmy apparently just likes to wind Kiwi's up for his own enjoyment, while not caring much at all for the ramifications of his fake outbursts. That fake persona almost managed to shut ETNZ down on a couple of occasions. The ramifications being huge for both ETNZ and Grant Dalton. I'm of the opinion that Jimmy knew he was never as good as he made out to be. He was never a standout Olympic sailor and hadn't won anything worth mentioning outside the Americas Cup for a very long time. But if he was handed a faster boat he could steer it to victory. He was absolutely exposed as a fraud this time. He was dominated in almost every aspect of his campaign. After talking the fake talk, everyone came to find out what Kiwi's knew all along. That Spithill was, and is, all talk. Any harsh words Kiwi's have thrown his way are absolutely deserved. He made his bed, and now he has to lie in it. cm, 

agree.

At least Connor could blame his drinking for some of the words he said.

JS has no excuse apart from maybe being from Straya!

Just now, Barnyb said:

agree.

At least Connor could blame his drinking for some of the words he said.

JS has no excuse apart from maybe being from Straya!

For me the fact that it's put on is worse because he's going out of his way to act like a total cunt. 

14 minutes ago, jaysper said:

For me the fact that it's put on is worse because he's going out of his way to act like a total cunt. 

+1

There should have been more sledging, someone had to liven it up. It's a pity Gashby didn't do the pressers for TNZ.

3 minutes ago, Rawhide said:

There should have been more sledging, someone had to liven it up. It's a pity Gashby didn't do the pressers for TNZ.

That would have been worth the price of admission! My guess would be that Glenn gave as good back but because he wasn't in the public eye, we never got to hear it.

I don't get it. Do you NZers respect your own sailors or not? If Jimmy really was the devil incarnate as some are making out, why would the ETNZ sailors have anything to do with him? IMO, there can be only 2 reasons. Either they have no self respect or they know it was simply part of the game and wasn't something to get worked up about. I think some of you need to harden up and stop being princesses.

^

am sure there are few nice posters here

not many but a few

a few accept that jimmy was acting like a cunt because he was paid to

others think that removes the only excuse...

I wonder what will become of the man. Look how DB was, and still is, seen as a "loser" for various reasons, after SF,  despite being a world class match racer and a not terrible bloke. I think Jimmy's ego will have suffered a massive blow by losing. He has taken a pasting from kiwis everywhere who love having a villain to hate. Him and OR are the new DC. We'll see if his tough never say die BS translates to mounting another meaningful challenge. 

5 hours ago, Team_GBR said:

+ 1

1 hour ago, minimumfuss said:

I wonder what will become of the man. Look how DB was, and still is, seen as a "loser" for various reasons, after SF,  despite being a world class match racer and a not terrible bloke. I think Jimmy's ego will have suffered a massive blow by losing. He has taken a pasting from kiwis everywhere who love having a villain to hate. Him and OR are the new DC. We'll see if his tough never say die BS translates to mounting another meaningful challenge. 

As much as Jimmy is a prick he will have to work hard to generate the sort of hate that DC set. 

5 hours ago, Team_GBR said:

To be fair to Oracle they did improve their boat during the racing break, by trying to copy what ETNZ had done with their foils etc. They did increase speed but lost stability. The middle of an Americas cup match is not the best time to find out you have to relearn to sail your boat. 

I reckon LE expects his "boys", to "be" a certain way. You all seem so upset but Jimmy was pretty good TV vs "For Ourselves". Glenn would have been better TV. Too bad actually. But can we just allow this to be a bit of tv banter by a sports "personality". 

As most of you know many good sailing programs have a no dickhead rule. Jimmy gets on plenty of boats so clearly not a dickhead. Not sure that's the case for most here on SA:)

7 hours ago, jaysper said:

+2

20 hours ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Aggressive Aussie males meet with one fate in my company.

You sound like as much of a prick as the bloke your defending with lines like that, mate.

7 hours ago, Swanno said:

You sound like as much of a prick as the bloke your defending with lines like that, mate.

You've got no idea. I'd eat Jimmy for breakfast. 

6 hours ago, Modernrate Buai said:

I can imaigine TRG blowing a noisy Aussie male in the pub dunny, after beating his woman and defecating on the goldfish before slaming the front door shut.

"I am orf to the pub ya cunt of a fishbox woman" said to the trophy wife after some heavy DB  longneck lifting.

Your comments are disgusting. Get back on topic please. 

Losing isn't any fun. It couldn't be much fun for Oracle to lose, but they were outclassed in 2017. And I'm sure the loss in 2013 after leading 8-1 had to be devastating for many Kiwi's. But how about congratulating the winner instead of finding some reason to rub the losers noses in anything...have a little class & sportsmanship.

8 minutes ago, MidPack said:

Losing isn't any fun. It couldn't be much fun for Oracle to lose, but they were outclassed in 2017. And I'm sure the loss in 2013 after leading 8-1 had to be devastating for many Kiwi's. But how about congratulating the winner instead of finding some reason to rub the losers noses in anything...have a little class & sportsmanship.

Yep. Compared to vindictiveness, class and sportsmanship are shockingly rare commodites in this forum!

I give big credit to the six teams in AC35, each had big moments worth a tip of the cap. Terrific team, AC50 development and sailing efforts - to each of the syndicates.

The smartest of the ETNZ team have expressed the exact same.

Well said Stingray, it's easy to call out the people in the game then being there. 

30 minutes ago, MidPack said:

Agreed, you speak like a competitor. In sport, winning begins by losing and too often finishes like that.

51 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Your comments are disgusting. Get back on topic please. 

Lol! Pot, kettle, anarchy!

18 hours ago, Team_GBR said:

You're right that there's no evidence. Look at the Avg Windspeed stats, during the Match they dropped into marginally-foiling conditions. 

As to it being a Stingray fantasy-land, the talk was everywhere about what the forecasts were, and if they would be light enough to favor ETNZ. Even after the fact several people far more knowledgeable than I, including insiders, have looked back and pointed to the light air and lower boatspeeds as being a major factor.

None of that discredits ETNZ's terrific campaign in any way whatsoever.

44 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Agreed, you speak like a competitor. In sport, winning begins by losing and too often finishes like that.

well sed

I think the big question is when we'll hear something from Larry &/or Russ.

33 minutes ago, hoom said:

I think the big question is when we'll hear something from Larry &/or Russ.

After the protocol for AC36 is out. They'll cry, shit in their pants and then make some gutless and cunt-like statements.  

Heard it here first. 

18 hours ago, E63sccb said:

I do not think get gets it. To be a man of character you have to be humble at all times not only when you are at the bottom. Almost any dickhead can "be" humble when they are down. Character something JS, LE and RC will never have.  

Talk about one eyed and blinkered. Dalton has been a constant arsehole dickhead since he took over ETNZ, and IMO Spithill has only been giving as good as he got, or did you expect him to keep quiet while Dalton spewed forth? 

The real mark of a man is being able to handle winning and defeat equally as well. I believe Spithill has shown a  lot more class than Dalton has ever shown in this regard. Some of Dalton's comments both now and after AC34 were pretty poor and showed his true colours.

Of course, when you bring Coutts and Ellison into the picture, that's a whole new game.

2 hours ago, Team_GBR said:

Talk about one eyed and blinkered. Dalton has been a constant arsehole dickhead since he took over ETNZ, and IMO Spithill has only been giving as good as he got, or did you expect him to keep quiet while Dalton spewed forth? 

Winner.....

5959e58b74bda_DaltsCup.jpg.7b70bd65e7c5071b2de97e2e176c1da2.jpg

2 hours ago, Team_GBR said:

The real mark of a man is being able to handle winning and defeat equally as well. I believe Spithill has shown a  lot more class than Dalton has ever shown in this regard. Some of Dalton's comments both now and after AC34 were pretty poor and showed his true colours.

Of course, when you bring Coutts and Ellison into the picture, that's a whole new game.

Can you please point me to where GD kicked this off? I eagerly await.

3 hours ago, Team_GBR said:

Christ some people are deluded. Worse yet when they claim to be impartial or reasonable.

Your post is about as off the mark as can be. Spithill in particular has been a terrible winner, repeatedly. If you want to see the "mark of a man" look at that. Being humble after a one-sided spanking means nothing compared to the ass-hatter Spithill showed on dozens upon dozens of occasions.

All Dalton did was stick up for his views and call what he saw as bullshit as bullshit. Nothing he did was unsporting even if it was sometimes on the nose. That is the massive difference between how he acted and how Spithill acted. If you don't immediately understand it it just shows you know nothing about sportsmanship.

6 hours ago, Barnyb said:

A fantastic O'pen BIC regatta at Manly

Now there's a class worthy of a Russ-vision pro-tour :D

Does the winner of the previous regatta automatically start a point up in the Finals?

(seriously though I have deepest respect for his involvement in kids regattas)

7 hours ago, Team_GBR said:

Spithill has only been giving as good as he got, or did you expect him to keep quiet while Dalton spewed forth? 

Firstly, yes. Grown-ups don't respond in kind when goaded.

Secondly, Dalton was gagged during the AC35 cycle.

On 7/6/2017 at 4:02 PM, bob202 said:

Its more the way he insinuated it to the public....

1 hour ago, Purple Headed Warrior said:

Its more the way he insinuated it to the public....

Jimbo loves to be hated. He thrives on loathing and bullying. He is a ginger wanker. We've all met them, hate them and feed their pathetic ego. 

Jimbo thinks he's the hammer and all others are nails. In fact, Jimbo is now the rusty nail left in the bottom of the box to be used last. Mmmmm perhaps second to last. There's another rusty nail called Deano. He cried himself to rust. 

On 09/07/2017 at 2:13 PM, bob202 said:

Christ some people are deluded. Worse yet when they claim to be impartial or reasonable.

Your post is about as off the mark as can be. Spithill in particular has been a terrible winner, repeatedly. If you want to see the "mark of a man" look at that. Being humble after a one-sided spanking means nothing compared to the ass-hatter Spithill showed on dozens upon dozens of occasions.

All Dalton did was stick up for his views and call what he saw as bullshit as bullshit. Nothing he did was unsporting even if it was sometimes on the nose. That is the massive difference between how he acted and how Spithill acted. If you don't immediately understand it it just shows you know nothing about sportsmanship.

Bob. Don't feed GBR. He's an insufferable moron. Feeding him only let's his fingers convey more of his mind goo upon these pages. He's a goat riding troll worthy of nothing but rail meat upon the ship of fools.