• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Last Post

Anyone seen Jimmy lately?

193 posts in this topic

shame jimmy and dean dont have the balls to turn up at the moth worlds. #rematch

2 hours ago, Qman said:

shame jimmy and dean dont have the balls to turn up at the moth worlds. #rematch

Most people can "grow" balls, Jimmy is a little too old, too heavy and slow to do much in a moth.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:49 PM, Indio said:

Spot on. They had to cheat in AC34 to rip off ETNZ from winning the trophy.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fucking sore winners. Go back to sheep shagging. Whinging, bitter, chip on shoulder Kiwis.

6 hours ago, TwoRockKnock said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fucking sore winners. Go back to sheep shagging. Whinging, bitter, chip on shoulder Kiwis.

HAHAHA!! Denial is not a river in Egypt you know. The team you conned the locals into supporting as your "home team" are cheaters, period. "Sore winners"? Better than sore losers like you who'll be unemployed in a few months:lol:

5959e58b74bda_DaltsCup.jpg.7b70bd65e7c5071b2de97e2e176c1da2.jpg

1 hour ago, Indio said:

HAHAHA!! Denial is not a river in Egypt you know. The team you conned the locals into supporting as your "home team" are cheaters, period. "Sore winners"? Better than sore losers like you who'll be unemployed in a few months:lol:

5959e58b74bda_DaltsCup.jpg.7b70bd65e7c5071b2de97e2e176c1da2.jpg

LOL, taking the bait every time. Still bitter and twisted, even after a crushing victory, still moaning about events 4 years ago...Christ. And without proof either, but never let that get in the way of a good rant. 

51 minutes ago, TwoRockKnock said:

LOL, taking the bait every time. Still bitter and twisted, even after a crushing victory, still moaning about events 4 years ago...Christ. And without proof either, but never let that get in the way of a good rant. 

Proof is out there ducky! Only sycophants are in denial. Looking forward to your update on the black kids still sailing next year :lol:

31 minutes ago, Indio said:

Proof is out there ducky! Only sycophants are in denial. Looking forward to your update on the black kids still sailing next year :lol:

Aw shucks. Confirmation bias is a wonderful thing. I'll be happy to update, Hopefully, I'll have a positive story to tell. It is, though, all about funding.

1 hour ago, TwoRockKnock said:

Aw shucks. Confirmation bias is a wonderful thing. I'll be happy to update, Hopefully, I'll have a positive story to tell. It is, though, all about funding.

Please don't quote the troll, it somewhat diminishes the effect of putting him on ignore.

Just now, jaysper said:

Please don't quote the troll, it somewhat diminishes the effect of putting him on ignore.

Fair enough.....

1 minute ago, TwoRockKnock said:

Fair enough.....

I'm all good for quoting, I do it a lot (I'm doing it now).

But when you have such an obvious cock sucking troll, I prefer not to read the shit that dribbles out of his mouth.

He promised to put my on ignore, which sounded like paradise to me.

But apparently his need for attention was just too great and he doesn't seem to have followed through. Hence the reason for putting him on MY iggy list.

I have ZERO problem with someone claiming cheating if they can follow it up with proof and I'm certainly not saying Orifice didn't cheat. I'm just saying, if you can't prove it then AT VERY LEAST say something like "this is my opinion" rather than acting like a living abortion about it.

2 minutes ago, jaysper said:

I'm all good for quoting, I do it a lot (I'm doing it now).

But when you have such an obvious cock sucking troll, I prefer not to read the shit that dribbles out of his mouth.

He promised to put my on ignore, which sounded like paradise to me.

But apparently his need for attention was just too great and he doesn't seem to have followed through. Hence the reason for putting him on MY iggy list.

I have ZERO problem with someone claiming cheating if they can follow it up with proof and I'm certainly not saying Orifice didn't cheat. I'm just saying, if you can't prove it then AT VERY LEAST say something like "this is my opinion" rather than acting like a living abortion about it.

Of course, that's the problem with blogs, it gives anyone with a half-baked opinion a forum to spout. Politics, sport...you name it.  Thing is, like all good conspiracy theories, you need a lot of people to keep quiet, to tow the party line. I met so many people from OTUSA that I cannot believe there hasn't been even a squeak of an offhand comment somewhere along the way that I find the notion unlikely. Maybe I'm naïve, but I'm not seeing it. (not saying it didn't happen just find it extremely unlikely).

1 minute ago, TwoRockKnock said:

Of course, that's the problem with blogs, it gives anyone with a half-baked opinion a forum to spout. Politics, sport...you name it.  Thing is, like all good conspiracy theories, you need a lot of people to keep quiet, to tow the party line. I met so many people from OTUSA that I cannot believe there hasn't been even a squeak of an offhand comment somewhere along the way that I find the notion unlikely. Maybe I'm naïve, but I'm not seeing it. (not saying it didn't happen just find it extremely unlikely).

Personally I don't give a fuck any more.

Its done and dusted and whats more, we have finally won the fucking thing anywho.

Its like going back and re-litigating whether Lee Harvey Oswald actually did kill JFK or not.

Even if you find out the truth, what good does it do you anywho?

1 hour ago, TwoRockKnock said:

Fair enough.....

I like you hope that AC35 leaves a good legacy for kids in Bermuda, tip of the cap to you for your well intentioned efforts to help make that happen.

Like jaysper, I have ignored Indio's venomous posts and suggest you just do the same. :) 

26 minutes ago, ~Stingray~ said:

Coutts recently took over as commodore of the Manly Sailing Club and, according to long-time friend and vice commodore Harold Bennett, has been like a “big dog with a bone” as he dives into the role.

http://livesaildie.com/sir-commodore-russell-coutts/

Good for him, going back to grass roots.

America's Cup - Russell Coutts takes charge at Manly Sailing Club

Sir Russell Coutts has gone from running the America's Cup to running a small yacht club on Auckland's Hibiscus Coast, about 40 minutes north of Auckland

'He's said he's done with the America's Cup so has time and he's also said he needs something else to get his teeth into. All of a sudden, he's like a big dog with a bone.'

http://www.sail-world.com/NZ/Americas-Cup---Russell-Coutts-takes-charge-at-Manly-Sailing-Club/155830

58 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

Sir Russell Coutts has gone from running the America's Cup to running a small yacht club on Auckland's Hibiscus Coast, about 40 minutes north of Auckland

'He's said he's done with the America's Cup so has time and he's also said he needs something else to get his teeth into. All of a sudden, he's like a big dog with a bone.'

http://www.sail-world.com/NZ/Americas-Cup---Russell-Coutts-takes-charge-at-Manly-Sailing-Club/155830

He might be putting together a team under Manly Sailing Club to contest a Defender Series B). Alinghi are in town...

Honestly that sounds like a pretty great idea :wub:

Russ with B€rtarelli & co working for RNZS to help find the better Defender between them & ETNZ, that'd make Challengers quake in their boots.

12 hours ago, Barnyb said:

"done with AC", yup got the walking papers from LE pretty quick i reckon.

23 minutes ago, barfy said:

"done with AC", yup got the walking papers from LE pretty quick i reckon.

Since Sir Russell was effectively side-shifted to run ACEA by LE to allow Jimmy full control of the AC35 defence, I'd suggest he saw the writing on the wall a long time ago (remember his public comments on OR-Xerox's performance during the LV-ACQ's and during the Match?} and would have walked before getting the DCM. I thought it was rather odd but nice to see his Kiwiness poke through in how complimentary he was about ETNZ's performances in the LV-ACQ Final and during the Match. Hearing about him at Manly Sailing Club sounds like the prodigal son's returned...

Good to have him back.

I just presumed it was some kind of reverse psychology myself.

Russell Coutts: End of America’s Cup Era?

“He’s said he’s done with the America’s Cup so has time and he’s also said he needs something else to get his teeth into. All of a sudden, he’s like a big dog with a bone.”

Coutts is presently offshore as he wraps up his commitments as America’s Cup chief executive

http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2017/07/25/russell-coutts-end-americas-cup-era/

Meanwhile, Jimmy looks to have gone to ground. Other AC guys are active, right around the planet but no sightings of JS?

Zero media interest?

24 minutes ago, Last Post said:

Meanwhile, Jimmy looks to have gone to ground. Other AC guys are active, right around the planet but no sightings of JS?

Zero media interest?

Family time? Who knows.

The long-winded Clean podcast posted recently included Rob Mundie (sp ?) who said how he is JS's auto/biographer of the coming JS book; a book that Stingette has ordered for me but she said not to expect that gift anytime before Xmas. 

It's not like JS will suddenly fall off the edge of an ocean of some flat earth :)

Was interesting how in that same podcast, neither Rob M nor Bernie Wilson bought into Clean's argument that 40 is too old to race foilers; and didn't glom onto Clean's preamble diatribe about how putting AC racing on TV instead of only teeny-screens would do anyone any good; Stan Honey also dissed the core of Clean's obsession.

53 minutes ago, ~Stingray~ said:

Family time? Who knows.

The long-winded Clean podcast posted recently included Rob Mundie (sp ?) who said how he is JS's auto/biographer of the coming JS book; a book that Stingette has ordered for me but she said not to expect that gift anytime before Xmas. 

It's not like JS will suddenly fall off the edge of an ocean of some flat earth :)

Was interesting how in that same podcast, neither Rob M nor Bernie Wilson bought into Clean's argument that 40 is too old to race foilers; and didn't glom onto Clean's preamble diatribe about how putting AC racing on TV instead of only teeny-screens would do anyone any good; Stan Honey also dissed the core of Clean's obsession.

ya, the guys really seemed to be stuck in the old media world of "TV". As if you can't sell ads or make money off youtube free broadcast. People don't realize that the show itself is the ad. 

as for old guys, JS looks in better condition than 99% of the guys out there on the pro circuit. That is something that clean noted in the preshow, the AC crews are so beyond anything sailing has ever seen (or currently sees in other programmes). They are definitely not dropping off the earth. Quite the contrary, they are the pinnacle of the sport. 

25 minutes ago, ipexnet said:

ya, the guys really seemed to be stuck in the old media world of "TV". As if you can't sell ads or make money off youtube free broadcast. People don't realize that the show itself is the ad. 

as for old guys, JS looks in better condition than 99% of the guys out there on the pro circuit. That is something that clean noted in the preshow, the AC crews are so beyond anything sailing has ever seen (or currently sees in other programmes). They are definitely not dropping off the earth. Quite the contrary, they are the pinnacle of the sport. 

Agree. And Clean/media rant-wise:

Most of Clean's personal problem/opinion revolves around his thought that TV is somehow bad, that the TV broadcast deals made were all about raping the event for money, that RC or whoever are therefore necessarily devil incarnates, etc, etc. Maybe he just hates TV because he himself can't ever get onto it?

But when Clean knocked NBC TV to Bernie Wilson it backfired, Bernie being a regular on TV for San Diego Padres baseball games; who did concede that on the way to a NBC broadcast game with his son, they did use a teeny screen to pull the AC racing; but (unfortunately for Clean's rant) through the NBC app while driving.

Clean also put the digital power scenario to Stan Honey and he went on and on about how user-selectable cams, audios, etc, would then be possible. Which as Stan acknowledged is true But: That by far the best experience still gets produced by the Pro's and the Story Tellers. Which requires no user-selectable choices.

The fact is, the despite Clean's angst about any 'douchebag whoring' to traditional broadcasters, everyone here either got it through their normal TV access, or were able to stream it on other screens regardless.

^^Jimmy? :)

What was noticed was that Spitball took no incentive to loose a bit of bicep as helmsman to help out the grinders. This by NO amongst others. I doubt we'll see JS anytime soon, back to "SUP cuz?" for him. Remember who drove the "dev" for OR?

Now Slingers, who was seen pissed off at some of JS choices, and i'm sure the bitbulls inability to get it up and win any starts, is at the top of the MOth heap after one day. As would be NO except for gear failure. as is PB.

See ya Jimmy, (sound of flushing)

52 minutes ago, ~Stingray~ said:

Agree. And Clean/media rant-wise:

Most of Clean's personal problem/opinion revolves around his thought that TV is somehow bad, that the TV broadcast deals made were all about raping the event for money, that RC or whoever are therefore necessarily devil incarnates, etc, etc. Maybe he just hates TV because he himself can't ever get onto it?

But when Clean knocked NBC TV to Bernie Wilson it backfired, Bernie being a regular on TV for San Diego Padres baseball games; who did concede that on the way to a NBC broadcast game with his son, they did use a teeny screen to pull the AC racing; but (unfortunately for Clean's rant) through the NBC app while driving.

Clean also put the digital power scenario to Stan Honey and he went on and on about how user-selectable cams, audios, etc, would then be possible. Which as Stan acknowledged is true But: That by far the best experience still gets produced by the Pro's and the Story Tellers. Which requires no user-selectable choices.

The fact is, the despite Clean's angst about any 'douchebag whoring' to traditional broadcasters, everyone here either got it through their normal TV access, or were able to stream it on other screens regardless.

The pro's and storytellers have been banging their heads against interactive media and immersive headgear for over 20 years. I believe that with sailing, with a central viewpoint for VR and interesting activities/personas on all sides and up to the sails, they may finally have hit on some compelling content. Speeds are low enough as well to be able to absorb the visuals and make sense of the tactical situation. Compare this to motor racing for instance, where all you would look at is wheels, and events would flash by in a fraction of a second.

Compare this to any sport and i don't believe you will get the embodiment evident in the content that was shown on World of Sailing was it? Can't be bothered to find the link, to quote you SR :) 

22 minutes ago, barfy said:

^^Jimmy? :)

What was noticed was that Spitball took no incentive to loose a bit of bicep as helmsman to help out the grinders. This by NO amongst others. I doubt we'll see JS anytime soon, back to "SUP cuz?" for him. Remember who drove the "dev" for OR?

Now Slingers, who was seen pissed off at some of JS choices, and i'm sure the bitbulls inability to get it up and win any starts, is at the top of the MOth heap after one day. As would be NO except for gear failure. as is PB.

See ya Jimmy, (sound of flushing)

Why  isint the great jimmy sailing the Moth worlds 

2 hours ago, trt131 said:

He is big boating.

Dozer-Surfing-Dog-4-Isle1.jpg

21 hours ago, ipexnet said:

the AC crews are so beyond anything sailing has ever seen (or currently sees in other programmes). They are definitely not dropping off the earth. Quite the contrary, they are the pinnacle of the sport. 

Really? Is there any proof that Tom, NO, Jensen etc are fitter now than when they were Olympic sailors, who are fitter than racing cyclists by some measures? Why would they be fitter now than when they were full-time Olympic sailors, who trained enormously hard, rode their bikes home after their post-sailing gym sessions, were monitored by a world-leading sports institute, and in Tom's case were coached by an Olympic medallist with a PhD in sports science?  

22 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

Clean's argument that 40 is too old to race foilers

The whole age thing is interesting. The guy currently co-leading the Moth worlds will be 40 in two months time - and he's a Laser sailor like the guy he is equal with. Goughey placed in the worlds a few years back and he would be 50 or close to it; AMAC did the same thing and he's got to be 60+ or close to it.

The age thing, like the claims that foiler sailors have to have a background in high performance boats, does smack of people subconsciously giving themselves an excuse for not sailing the foilers they are fawning over.  

Love the thoughts on TV vs Small screen. Networks get dollars from cable companies, while internet sites get nothing from phone carriers, hence why production/content better then most internet only productions. 

1 hour ago, The Jay said:

Really? Is there any proof that Tom, NO, Jensen etc are fitter now than when they were Olympic sailors, who are fitter than racing cyclists by some measures? Why would they be fitter now than when they were full-time Olympic sailors, who trained enormously hard, rode their bikes home after their post-sailing gym sessions, were monitored by a world-leading sports institute, and in Tom's case were coached by an Olympic medallist with a PhD in sports science?  

I can't speak for the people you name specifically, but I do know that the Artemis guys had significantly better cardio performance and were stronger than when they were winning medals in the Olympics. They also had the Team GBR fitness guru, Pete Cunningham, running things so it was directly comparable for some.

You train for the conditions you are going to face. There is no point in spending hours getting your cardio or strength better if it is not needed. For the AC you needed to be stronger and have better cardio performance than Olympic sailing.

As for Olympic sailors being fitter than racing cyclists, that is simply incorrect if you are going to measure fitness by aerobic capacity (say VO2 max). We used to be tested at the same facility as the world's top cyclists (Chichester Institute of Sport) and none of the sailors came anywhere close to the world class cyclists. It was actually humbling to realise how far ahead the cyclists were but we were told it was pointless to try to get to that level.

Both in Olympic 49ers and the AC, the helmsman will have the less physically demanding job and probably not comparable in any meaningful way to a let's say a tdf cyclist. On the other hand, the specific type of fitness the pro cyclists have, is probably not desirable to any normal person, given how much focus is given to weight loss. 

9 minutes ago, jonas a said:

Both in Olympic 49ers and the AC, the helmsman will have the less physically demanding job and probably not comparable in any meaningful way to a let's say a tdf cyclist. On the other hand, the specific type of fitness the pro cyclists have, is probably not desirable to any normal person, given how much focus is given to weight loss. 

Funny thing is, when wearing heart monitors, some 49er helms have a reputation for getting higher peak heart rates than the crew. It always coincides with hairy manoeuvres and often its the bear away at the top mark, all from stress!

9 hours ago, Team_GBR said:

I can't speak for the people you name specifically, but I do know that the Artemis guys had significantly better cardio performance and were stronger than when they were winning medals in the Olympics. They also had the Team GBR fitness guru, Pete Cunningham, running things so it was directly comparable for some.

You train for the conditions you are going to face. There is no point in spending hours getting your cardio or strength better if it is not needed. For the AC you needed to be stronger and have better cardio performance than Olympic sailing.

As for Olympic sailors being fitter than racing cyclists, that is simply incorrect if you are going to measure fitness by aerobic capacity (say VO2 max). We used to be tested at the same facility as the world's top cyclists (Chichester Institute of Sport) and none of the sailors came anywhere close to the world class cyclists. It was actually humbling to realise how far ahead the cyclists were but we were told it was pointless to try to get to that level.

I said IN SOME RESPECTS because Michael Blackburn's PhD project showed that Laser sailors were fitter than cyclists in some measures of leg strength, and some reported studies said that in overall fitness (ie cardio AND upper body and lower body) RSX sailors were fitter than cyclists. We can assume that 9er sailors are probably roughly similar. Yes, by VO2 max a sailor isn't normally going to be as good as a pro or Olympic cyclist by a long shot, although at world class master's level there's probably a surprising amount of crossover given the world-class cycling results of some ex-sailors.

It's possible that the AC sailors are now fitter, but given that the top guys were 24/7 sailors before the Olympics if they became fitter then they must have lost something else because they probably didn't get more training time overall. Perhaps the difference is that they got less time on the water because of the restrictions on sailing the AC boats? Where do your sources say the extra fitness came from - is it more a change in emphasis from (say) leg strength to cardio?

I was partly dubious because I wasn't sure often Clean saw Tom etc in their Olympic days to give him a measure of comparison, but your information is interesting. 

I think fitter in this case means stronger. Unless you're a Finn sailor your match weight will probably be higher in an AC crew, than in Olympic classes, because the ideal crew weight will limit the muscle mass in dinghies. 

The TV commentators (here in the US at least) made a big deal when JS became the "winningest" AC skipper in history along with RC.  Am I correct that he's also the "losingest" AC skipper and has lost more AC races than he's won?

^ Dean Barker has lost 21 (if my math is correct) so still has some breathing room on Jimmy

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:01 AM, TwoRockKnock said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We gladly are coming back, now you and your fucking Nazi friendly, layer and ignorant president go and eat a back full of sheep sheit and try to leave the fucking world alone.

On 7/25/2017 at 1:01 AM, TwoRockKnock said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

lol

22 hours ago, E63sccb said:

We gladly are coming back, now you and your fucking Nazi friendly, layer and ignorant president go and eat a back full of sheep sheit and try to leave the fucking world alone.

You can't blame the whole population of the USA for the Chump Trump. He didn't have the majority of votes...

He' the Fake President.  He speaks for no real Americans.

Edit: you're still a bunch of whinging wieners, er, winners.:huh:

25 minutes ago, familysailor said:

You can't blame the whole population of the USA for the Chump Trump. He didn't have the majority of votes...

I don't get this.

Yes, Trump is a total fucking narcissist but then so is Hillary.

The difference is that Hillary kept telling the huddled masses that everything is fine, despite the fact that they had all lost their jobs and been forced to work for fuck all at WalMart whereas at least Trump was willing to say that it wasn't ok.

Sure, Trump seems to have had ZERO intention of following up on any of his promises to rectify the issue. But if your nuts are on the block and presented a choice between one person that says "all good" and another that says "not so much", who are you going to vote for?

The truth is that Hillary was a gift from God (if I believed in God) because she was so unlikeable and inept that she was literally the ONLY candidate that Trump could have beaten.

Rather than denigrating people who voted for him, consider WHY they voted for him. Hint: It wasn't because they are all racists, otherwise you are suggesting that (approx.) 48% of the voting public are racist, despite the fact that states that voted overwhelmingly for Obama TWICE turned around and voted for Trump.

39 minutes ago, familysailor said:

One country under God... and yes I can blame it in the whole population. If every American moved their obese ass and voted, maybe you would have gotten a different president. Pretty sad (IMHO) to see a country like the USA be as lazy as it is fundamental civic responsibilities..

Lastly, for the most part leadership is a good representation of the fellowship.

4 hours ago, jaysper said:

I don't get this.

The difference is that Hillary kept telling the huddled masses that everything is fine, despite the fact that they had all lost their jobs and been forced to work for fuck all at WalMart whereas at least Trump was willing to say that it wasn't ok.

Sure, Trump seems to have had ZERO intention of following up on any of his promises to rectify the issue. But if your nuts are on the block and presented a choice between one person that says "all good" and another that says "not so much", who are you going to vote for?

The truth is that Hillary was a gift from God (if I believed in God) because she was so unlikeable and inept that she was literally the ONLY candidate that Trump could have beaten.

Rather than denigrating people who voted for him, consider WHY they voted for him. Hint: It wasn't because they are all racists, otherwise you are suggesting that (approx.) 48% of the voting public are racist, despite the fact that states that voted overwhelmingly for Obama TWICE turned around and voted for Trump.

So if you were a citizen of the US you would have voted for Trump?

Take him ---please.

4 hours ago, E63sccb said:

One country under God... and yes I can blame it in the whole population. If every American moved their obese ass and voted, maybe you would have gotten a different president. Pretty sad (IMHO) to see a country like the USA be as lazy as it is fundamental civic responsibilities..

Lastly, for the most part leadership is a good representation of the fellowship.

Trump is not and has never been or ever will be a leader. He is the result of the corruption or our system that allows money to buy our "elected" representatives.

One country under the god of your choosing, or not... Freedom is supposed to work that way. Seldom does.

Y'all should learn from our current catastrophe; money buys power and encourages corruption. The 1%ers have bought the USA and endeavor to become feudal lords. The rest of us are becoming serfs. Unfortunately the current "leadership" has a shitload of military power available to wield when he perceives a challenge or insult to his ego. If you think North Korea is a threat to world peace, seriously consider who Trump really is.

23 minutes ago, familysailor said:

So if you were a citizen of the US you would have voted for Trump?

Take him ---please.

Nope on both counts. I would have abstained.

My point was both your options were shit but you can't blame desperate people for voting for the idiot that promised to make it all better when the other idiot was saying everything was sweet.

Other than the fact that she is totally unlikable, Hillary lost because she lived in a Washington political  bubble where there is an abundance caviar and Foie Gras for everyone. 

1 hour ago, familysailor said:

Trump is not and has never been or ever will be a leader. He is the result of the corruption or our system that allows money to buy our "elected" representatives.

One country under the god of your choosing, or not... Freedom is supposed to work that way. Seldom does.

Y'all should learn from our current catastrophe; money buys power and encourages corruption. The 1%ers have bought the USA and endeavor to become feudal lords. The rest of us are becoming serfs. Unfortunately the current "leadership" has a shitload of military power available to wield when he perceives a challenge or insult to his ego. If you think North Korea is a threat to world peace, seriously consider who Trump really is.

I honestly believe he'll do a Nixon and resign in disgrace before the Senate gets to impeach him, before the end of his first term. For the time being, at least there's some comfort in the military men in powerful positions in the executive branch (National Security Advisor McMaster, Chief of Staff Kelly and Defence Secretary Jim Mattis) who are not afraid to push back against Trump.

6 hours ago, jaysper said:

I don't get this.

Don't confuse the wanker with logic, Jays. 

take this shit to some other pile...fuck.

i thought someone had seen jimmy

19 hours ago, jaysper said:

Nope on both counts. I would have abstained.

My point was both your options were shit but you can't blame desperate people for voting for the idiot that promised to make it all better when the other idiot was saying everything was sweet.

Other than the fact that she is totally unlikable, Hillary lost because she lived in a Washington political  bubble where there is an abundance caviar and Foie Gras for everyone. 

Wasn't there an older man that looked half way decent....and he got fucked by Hilary and her mafia? IMHO the USA got the government it deserves... too bad the rest of the world will also have to pay for it. For fuck sakes Mexico! PLEASE Mexico Please! build the freaking wall... hopefully it will help to contain all the yanks and their sheit from contaminating the rest of the world.

6 hours ago, E63sccb said:

Wasn't there an older man that looked half way decent....and he got fucked by Hilary and her mafia? IMHO the USA got the government it deserves... too bad the rest of the world will also have to pay for it. For fuck sakes Mexico! PLEASE Mexico Please! build the freaking wall... hopefully it will help to contain all the yanks and their sheit from contaminating the rest of the world.

Only if said shite slides South. :(

7 hours ago, E63sccb said:

He was a raging socialist but at least he was reasonably honest.

Trump wouldn't have stood a chance against him because he was authentic and reasonably likeable. 

But the Democratic National Congress conspired against him in order to support Hillarys "right to rule".

1 hour ago, jaysper said:

He was a raging socialist

I suppose then he'd have funded a yacht racing syndicate.

32 minutes ago, DayTripper said:

I suppose then he'd have funded a yacht racing syndicate.

Nah, that's for rich pricks.

He was going to raise the top rate to 90% and redistribute to his little heart's content. I kid you not. 

And the raging socialist NZ government.

2 hours ago, jaysper said:

He was going to raise the top rate to 90% and redistribute to his little heart's content. I kid you not. 

Amusingly those conditions are when the US achieved its greatest prosperity, give or take.

Trump wouldn't have stood a chance against him because he was authentic and reasonably likeable. 

But the Democratic National Congress conspired against him in order to support Hillarys "right to rule".

Why would the DNC choose a guy that isn't even a member of their club? Of course they were going to pick Hillary as they had every right to do.

5 hours ago, jaysper said:

It's very interesting what people think that a socialist is. Especially if they never had to experience socialism.

6 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

It's very interesting what people think that a socialist is. Especially if they never had to experience socialism.

Indeed although there is no universal definition for it, there is an underlying theme that the means of production is centrally controlled and where that is taken to the extreme (I. E. The government actually owns everything ) then I start calling that communism. 

However if you are taxing peeps at 90% then I consider that as close to controlling the means of production as you can get without slipping from socialism to communism.

Am I correct however Renny in assuming that you grew up on the other side of the wall? 

8 hours ago, DayTripper said:

And the raging socialist NZ government.

Which one?  The blue ones that are already in or the water melon ones that might get in?

6 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Indeed although there is no universal definition for it, there is an underlying theme that the means of production is centrally controlled and where that is taken to the extreme (I. E. The government actually owns everything ) then I start calling that communism. 

However if you are taxing peeps at 90% then I consider that as close to controlling the means of production as you can get without slipping from socialism to communism.

Am I correct however Renny in assuming that you grew up on the other side of the wall? 

Thankfully not, but surrounded by the Wall, and with relatives and friends on the other side. "Ich bin ein (West)Berliner."

8 hours ago, pusslicker said:

Why would the DNC choose a guy that isn't even a member of their club? Of course they were going to pick Hillary as they had every right to do.

Trouble is that officially they are supposed to treat all candidates the same. But the entire establishment was actively sabotaging him.

2 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Thankfully not, but surrounded by the Wall, and with relatives and friends on the other side. "Ich bin ein (West)Berliner."

My wife is from vietnam which is supposedly communist but is actually far more capitalist than NZ. As far as I can see communism is just a mechanism to enable an elite group of halfwits to form a dictatorship. 

4 minutes ago, jaysper said:

My wife is from vietnam which is supposedly communist but is actually far more capitalist than NZ. As far as I can see communism is just a mechanism to enable an elite group of halfwits to form a dictatorship. 

Then we have a lot of communism in the world recently. But yes, it a a means to do so, like unregulated markets, resulting in the wealth redistribution from hardworking to rich and an oligarchy of the not elected legitimated by economic "necessities".
Ahem, take it to PA?
Anyone seen Jimmy?

36 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Then we have a lot of communism in the world recently. But yes, it a a means to do so, like unregulated markets, resulting in the wealth redistribution from hardworking to rich and an oligarchy of the not elected legitimated by economic "necessities".
Ahem, take it to PA?
Anyone seen Jimmy?

Fair call. In the absence of real news this does tend to happen. My bad.

2 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Fair call. In the absence of real news this does tend to happen. My bad.

This one here is guilty too :-)

Jo Aleh did not get her place on Brunel in the VOR. Bummer.

Mail-order bride??:lol:

On 8/26/2017 at 9:10 AM, Rennmaus said:

At least you didn't have to drive a Lada, Rennie. ;)

On 7/27/2017 at 5:11 PM, barfy said:

Dozer-Surfing-Dog-4-Isle1.jpg

Funny how they always looked pissed-off, even when they're having fun. :D

3 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

At least you didn't have to drive a Lada, Rennie. ;)

I don't think anyone ever drove a Lada SBD. Push maybe....

13 hours ago, nav said:

^ You mean Trabbie anyway.....

Oh not Trabbies. People didn't even push them did they? Used more as garden planters no?

Very nice. Das Auto. No wait.... wrong side of the wall.

f4eb6eccd91b5ef679e838767947be06--bahn-nice-cars.jpg

8 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Very nice. Das Auto. No wait.... wrong side of the wall.

Cute, but my-oh-my, they polluted everything. Good that people had to wait for 10, 12. 14 years to get one of these. Imagine these two-strokes sold like modern cars by the hundreds and thousands... cough, cough...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/96249954/jimmy-spithill-talks-up-team-nz-as-he-confirms-americas-cup-comeback

Jimmy has popped his head up:

Jimmy Spithill 'not done yet' with Team NZ's story spurring America's Cup comeback bid

Jimmy Spithill has confirmed he will take inspiration from Team New Zealand and try to win back the America's Cup.

Spithill has released his biography Chasing The Cup – My America's Cup Journey and used it to insist he wants to be part of the next regatta after finally losing his grip on the Auld Mug in Bermuda.

Chasing The Cup – My America’s Cup Journey

Two-time America’s Cup winning skipper Jimmy Spithill opened the window wide open to his life in the release of ‘Chasing The Cup – My America’s Cup Journey.’ With assistance from esteemed sailing journalist Rob Mundle, Spithill takes us on a trek that explains his character and convictions, from his early days around Sydney Harbor to the consolation beers following his recent defeat in Bermuda.

http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2017/08/28/chasing-cup-americas-cup-journey/

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/96256880/jimmy-spithill-used-bulgarian-heavy-to-silence-abusive-kiwi-internet-troll

Someone on here get a visit from a Bulgarian? 

Jimmy Spithill used Bulgarian 'heavy' to silence abusive Kiwi internet troll

Jimmy Spithill used New Zealand private investigators and a Bulgarian "heavy" to shut down a Kiwi in London who was giving him abusive and menacing comments over the internet in the wake of Oracle's miracle comeback to win the 2013 America's Cup.

Indio? Nah, too much of a total fucking pussy. Besides, the troll was in the UK.

Says he who's scared of Kiwi women so opted for the mail-order bride from Vietnam :lol:

Book sounds good, looking forward to it arriving in the mail hopefully soon.

On 7/14/2017 at 4:20 PM, Barnyb said:

Isn't Jimmy on this?

Yes shining kenny's ball's sack!

12 hours ago, E63sccb said:

Did you hear that rumour as well?

12 hours ago, E63sccb said:

I thought a certain Aussie, ex-model and A-lister was doing that. ;)

20 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

I thought a certain Aussie, ex-model and A-lister was doing that. ;)

Kenny, likes it rough and done by a loser that likes to eat the white bits that his inners collect :lol: