• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Caca Cabeza

But wait... there's more!

"United airlines Forces Woman to Hold Toddler on her 

lap"

Linky

when will they get customer service right? Never mind.

"He's 25 pounds. He's half my height.”

That's a big friggin' 2-year-old, if true (or a stubby-as-shit parent).  In any case, given the technology in bar-code and QR-code scanning, it does seem to add up incorrectly.

United should have yanked off the standby passenger, compensated that person with a fraction of whatever was offerred the mom for "inconvenience", and ensured a safer and nominally comfortable flight for those whose seats were paid for in advance.  Some things come to mind, what she should so with the diapers she undoubtedly changed.

Betcha all of the flight attendants forgot their recent training that they have the ability to start a bidding war for peeps willing to get off the plane. I think they can go up to the $5k range. Sure sounds like it'll cost UAL a bit more than that...

I'm quite sure that as a standby flyer, i'd risk holding out for a grand or more, sit at the bar for another six hours, and squeeze into a redeye. But, that's me (and also my refusal to sit while a woman or a child has to stand - on hard earth, let alone on an airplane).

Diapers? A 2 y/o in diapers? Is the kid able to walk yet, or is it so spoiled that it's just a sleeping, eating, shitting machine?

(Looking at the pictures, the kid looks closer to 5-6 y/o)

^  How many children have you engaged almost daily, from birth up to grade school (& beyond)?  Yes, some do get trained to stand at the door and whimper before reaching 2, and some take longer.  Mastering basic parambulation and achieving controlled evacuation are mutually exclusive accomplishments....

It does look like a huge kid for the age given.  Something seems odd, here, on a few levels.

It's the new business model for United to have passengers sitting on other passengers laps.

Looks like we need longer seat belts!

Still in diapers at 2 is not off the chart, especially when traveling and immediate access to bathroom may be limited. In fact, right around 2 is kinda when you get started. Interestingly, while I really don't remember when we started ours, our grandkids pediatrician told our daughter to start around 20 months or so depending on the child. Some might be a little later but absent other problems she said certainly by 36 months they should be well underway. 

Did she buy a seat for the kid? Or was she hoping for an empty to park him? Lots of people hold little kids on their laps. They could just as easy buy a seat.

8 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Did she buy a seat for the kid? Or was she hoping for an empty to park him? Lots of people hold little kids on their laps. They could just as easy buy a seat.

She paid $1000 for her child's seat. She didn't stand up for herself because she was afraid they would toss her off the flight. 

The kid was a huge 2 y/0 or someone's lying.

And just for the basics..... I had Forest Gump leg braces until I was 5, and I was potty trained long before 2.... I can clearly recall hauling my butt up onto the potty stool (because I would have fallen through the regular ring seat) and taking a big ol dump while banging my cross brace against the porcelain in time with some old Kingston trio song....

52 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

And just for the basics..... I had Forest Gump leg braces until I was 5, and I was potty trained long before 2.... I can clearly recall hauling my butt up onto the potty stool (because I would have fallen through the regular ring seat) and taking a big ol dump while banging my cross brace against the porcelain in time with some old Kingston trio song....

Well I guess you were a "potty oriented genius". They won't all live up to your record.......

54 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Toooooooo Much Information....

11 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

What difference does the kids age make? The kid was old enough to require his own ticket. Mom bought that ticket, redeemed it and the. Was told tough luck we sold that seat again. I don't know about you but that's pretty shitty. Regardless of the child's age. Then they tried to tell her tough shit on a refund. As for what age potty training happens, anytime before 3 is pretty normal. Lots of 2+ toddlers in diapers, how does that make this story different? 

How would you like spending $1000 on something and then have that product taken from you by the very vendor you bought it from?