Sol Rosenberg

Drip Drip Drip

Just now, Nice! said:

Doesn't conspiracy, by definition, have to include multiple people?

Yup.  Reuters is saying he pleaded guilty to two counts, so it remains to be seen which ones, and what he has agreed to do to make the other charges go away.  

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yup.  Reuters is saying he pleaded guilty to two counts, so it remains to be seen which ones, and what he has agreed to do to make the other charges go away.  

So then the obvious question remains.

Any chance a guy that pleads guilty to "Conspiracy against The United States" will be a victim and a "good guy" but a guy that kneels during the anthem

will be a "son-of-a-bitch?"

15 minutes ago, Nice! said:

So then the obvious question remains.

They had him dead to rights in this case, but he had the hope of finding a MAGA juror in DC to hang up a verdict.  So certainly, the gov't would give up it's advantage in return for nothing at all..keeping in mind that every Campaign Manager does this.  

11 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

BREAKING: Manafort Plea Deal Includes Cooperation With Prosecutors!

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/manafort-cooperating-special-counsel

Wasn't expecting that. Our Canine friend will not be happy about this.

That's really no big deal.  All Campaign Managers cooperate with prosecutors as part of their plea deal.  

The distractions will soon reach brass-band level.  Shiny objects everywhere!  

Trump will be squirming, since Manafort was or is a Russian stooge. Trump's wardrobe could match his phony suntan, in time.

Some conspiracy heads say this a ploy to prevent a trail and damaging info coming out before the elections, that Manafort is a stand up honourable guy taking the fall.

(Run with this before official TPs are out QAnonites)

55 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Obviously there has been a lot of speculation that Trump would just pardon him.  But a pardon would take place after a conviction, correct?  I don't think someone can be pardoned from charges.  So, in that respect, regardless of what President Fuckwit does, Manafort still has to face trails which is an expensive pain in the ass. And if there are any state crimes involved, President Fuckwit can't touch those.

There were three attendees from Team Trump at the infamous Trump Tower meeting; Don Jr., Jared and Paulie Whoopsies. Paulie will be the only flipper. 

Hmmm

Nowhere in the superseding criminal information does Trump's name appear.

I'm doubtful that Mueller has let loose any information tying Manafort and Trump together in conspiracy to defraud the US. Doesn't mean it does or doesn't exist. But there is no use speculating that Trump was "in cahoots with Manafort and the Russians" because there is no supporting evidence. 

It does mean that Manafort is a criminal, defrauded the United States in multiple ways, mostly failing to report that he was an agent of Ukraine and owed substantial taxes on moneys that he failed to declare on other required reporting documents. He also manipulated witnesses/had unlawful contact with witnesses. 

Manafort is obviously scum, and it shows that Trump has poor managerial skills for engaging the services of such a shyster in a major role in his campaign. Given that Trump has similarly employed several other persons who have been variously implicated, indicted, charged, and pled guilty of substantial crimes against the US and negligent reporting of contact with foreign individuals or economic malfeasance, Trump demonstrates a pattern of maladministration. If there is political will, Manafort's guilt and plea agreement are valuable evidence to be presented and considered during impeachment hearings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Hmmm

Nowhere in the superseding criminal information does Trump's name appear.

I'm doubtful that Mueller has let loose any information tying Manafort and Trump together in conspiracy to defraud the US. Doesn't mean it does or doesn't exist. But there is no use speculating that Trump was "in cahoots with Manafort and the Russians" because there is no supporting evidence. 

It does mean that Manafort is a criminal, defrauded the United States in multiple ways, mostly failing to report that he was an agent of Ukraine and owed substantial taxes on moneys that he failed to declare on other required reporting documents. He also manipulated witnesses/had unlawful contact with witnesses. 

Manafort is obviously scum, and it shows that Trump has poor managerial skills for engaging the services of such a shyster in a major role in his campaign. Given that Trump has similarly employed several other persons who have been variously implicated, indicted, charged, and pled guilty of substantial crimes against the US and negligent reporting of contact with foreign individuals or economic malfeasance, Trump demonstrates a pattern of maladministration. If there is political will, Manafort's guilt and plea agreement are valuable evidence to be presented and considered during impeachment hearings.

Either:

1) Trumpy was in cahoots with Manafort, his own campaign manager, to help boost the chances of the campaign by cooperating with a foreign enemy government.

or:

2) Trumpy is a colossally stupid idiot who had no idea what his campaign manager was cooperating with a foreign enemy government.

Either way, it makes him unfit to be president.

38 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Obviously there has been a lot of speculation that Trump would just pardon him.  But a pardon would take place after a conviction, correct?  I don't think someone can be pardoned from charges.  So, in that respect, regardless of what President Fuckwit does, Manafort still has to face trails which is an expensive pain in the ass. And if there are any state crimes involved, President Fuckwit can't touch those.

Ford pardoned Nixon before charges.

http://watergate.info/1974/09/08/text-of-ford-pardon-proclamation.html

My guess is that Manafort just didn't trust Shitstain. Washington is a tough town. If you need a friend, get a Dog.

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

From WaPo -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-cannot-use-a-pardon-to-stop-manaforts-cooperation/2018/09/14/c8338d96-b770-11e8-a2c5-3187f427e253_story.html

Excerpt -

Trump and his team have tried to lay the groundwork for pardons to protect him from criminal charges. But can he use the pardon power in that way? Not in our reading of the law. A self-pardon, or a pardon that is self-protective and serves the same purpose as a self-pardon, would be an abuse of power that violates the Constitution and, as such, could warrant impeachment.

If the president can use the pardon power to protect himself from prosecution, it would effectively transform him into an authoritarian ruler, incapable of being limited by law or any other branches of government. In constitutional terms, using the pardon power in this way would appear to violate Article II, which requires the president to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed." To honor his oath of office, in other words, the president must act faithfully to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution" to the best of his ability.

53 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Ford pardoned Nixon before charges.

http://watergate.info/1974/09/08/text-of-ford-pardon-proclamation.html

My guess is that Manafort just didn't trust Shitstain. Washington is a tough town. If you need a friend, get a Dog.

Apropos Nixon, the report that Leon Jaworski wrote has never seen the light of day. The Starr Report of course hit the bookstores.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/watergate-road-map-and-coming-mueller-report

Just in case anyone missed it, our resident predictive genius scored yet another one:

"Mana who? Hey here's a prediction I bet Manafort beats the rap. There have been far too many shenanigans at the FBI and in the Mueller camp to not think the courts will toss the case. Remember that Mueller's second in command prosecutor has a terrible track record for  proprietorial overreach and reversed cases. Unlike Flynn who is not flush with cash and probably chose to plead for financial reasons. Manfort can fight back and didn't need to fold."

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/196545-slip-sliding-away/&do=findComment&comment=6117286

Trump's legal team issued an initial statement "the President did nothing wrong and Paul Manafort will tell the truth"

then a couple minutes later issued a new statement "the President did nothing wrong". they gonna try and throw paulie under the bus.

30 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Just in case anyone missed it, our resident predictive genius scored yet another one:

"Mana who? Hey here's a prediction I bet Manafort beats the rap. There have been far too many shenanigans at the FBI and in the Mueller camp to not think the courts will toss the case. Remember that Mueller's second in command prosecutor has a terrible track record for  proprietorial overreach and reversed cases. Unlike Flynn who is not flush with cash and probably chose to plead for financial reasons. Manfort can fight back and didn't need to fold."

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/196545-slip-sliding-away/&do=findComment&comment=6117286

@Nailing Malarkey Too

Good job!

12 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

I'm wondering if at least a couple of us should advocate for him. Sort of cheer him on like you would for a kid in the Special Olympics.

15 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I'm wondering if at least a couple of us should advocate for him. Sort of cheer him on like you would for a kid in the Special Olympics.

Trying to get him to edit his signature?

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Trying to get him to edit his signature?

I'm thinking of putting it in my signature.  I always liked that post. 

29 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

$46 million forfitted by Manafort. Ouch.

well that almost pays for the republican led IG...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Something tells me that Professor Dershowitz won’t be as popular after this. 

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/406752-dershowitz-manafort-cooperation-is-a-big-win-for-mueller

When you’ve lost OJ’s attorney....

Trump can take comfort in that he has not lost everybody.

wbud6h.jpg

Not that they neccessarily support him. 

• Like 1

Not only does Manafort have to cooperate fully but he’s paying $40M upfront for the privilege.

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

Not only does Manafort have to cooperate fully but he’s paying $40M upfront for the privilege.

Bu-bu-bu-but....... He's bro-bro-broke.....

6 hours ago, Sean said:

There were three attendees from Team Trump at the infamous Trump Tower meeting; Don Jr., Jared and Paulie Whoopsies. Paulie will be the only flipper. 

But if only there was one more.......?

5 hours ago, benwynn said:

Sol gets a bonus point for an early call on the login/name change. 

How many has he had in the last 18 months?

20 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Bu-bu-bu-but....... He's bro-bro-broke.....

Well if he wasn’t before then he sure as hell is now.

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

03BAA716-6055-4C38-BAE3-FD47CBF819A7.jpeg

He gave up $40m cause he didn’t have he resources to fight,,,hey, wait a minute....

I'm grasping at straws trying to figure this out. I wasn't expecting it. Giuliani had said this week that Manafort and Shitstain had a deal.

It's kind of a strange prisoner's dilemma played out in public. The question was whether Manafort could trust Shitstain and whether Shitstain could protect himself by pardoning Manafort. I think Manafort's lawyers explained to him that a pardon would be like an immunity where he'd be compelled to testify. So Shitstain wouldn't get any protectio, his own lawyers would explain that and Shitstain wouldn't pardon Manafort. The only person offering anything of any value was Mueller.

Basically, both prisoners ultimately understood that they couldn't trust each other which is nice.

• Like 1

Cohen, Flynn, Gates, Manafort, McGahn.

They’re all fixing things. Why would they be loyal to someone who is only loyal to himself? 

37 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Cohen, Flynn, Gates, Manafort, McGahn.

They’re all fixing things. Why would they be loyal to someone who is only loyal to himself? 

Because they're the balls that he is licking...

They are all depending on him to bail them out..... But by now they are feeling that creeping crawling feeling going up their legs, that.... This guy is the snake he was talking about on the campaign trail..... "......Stupid woman! You knew I was a snake when you brought me in!"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mad said:

Sol gets a bonus point for an early call on the login/name change. 

How many has he had in the last 18 months?

He buys them in bulk lots.  Such a deal!

I don’t know what I did but if it was good, it was me. If it was bad it was the democRATS because Hillary was worse. She used email. 

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

I don’t know what I did but if it was good, it was me. If it was bad it was the democRATS because Hillary was worse. She used email. 

You live directly south of Hurri.... Uh.... Tropica..... Uh..... Bad storm Florence..... That makes you responsible....

Isaac isn't looking too happy for us right now either, so I may as well blame you for that in advance.

8 hours ago, Olsonist said:

If you need a friend, get a Dog.

It's kind of sad watching how loyal a Dog can be despite the frequent beatings and abuse. 

7 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

You live directly south of Hurri.... Uh.... Tropica..... Uh..... Bad storm Florence..... That makes you responsible....

Isaac isn't looking too happy for us right now either, so I may as well blame you for that in advance.

Yup, looking like he is setting up for the SW to NE hook shot across the state.  I’m good with it if he can bring me some good Caribbean rum. 

502C5318-B0A5-44B4-86AA-E33A3F31D8BD.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yup, looking like he is setting up for the SW to NE hook shot across the state.  I’m good with it if he can bring me some good Caribbean rum. 

502C5318-B0A5-44B4-86AA-E33A3F31D8BD.jpeg

I had a different Isaac in mind.

isaac.jpg

“Hey let me know when you can talk. We’re discussing whether, now that this is out, (the Steele dossier) we use it as a pretext to go interview some people,” Peter Strzok 

11 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

He buys them in bulk lots.  Such a deal!

An art of a deal at that. 

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

“Hey let me know when you can talk. We’re discussing whether, now that this is out, (the Steele dossier) we use it as a pretext to go interview some people,” Peter Strzok 

and?

Cite doggie, jus cause you say it.....doesn’t mean it’s so.Oh look at this bright shiny thing over here......

And what does it really matter...... sounds like the orange one and his family have some explaining to do.

Its a witch hunt with lots of indictments and all of the indicted have offered to help Mueller .......how can that be?

He hires the best people. Everyone says so......

19 minutes ago, Dog said:

Cite?

"It will make your head spin to realize how many stories we played a personal role in," Lisa Page

9 minutes ago, Dog said:

"It will make your head spin to realize how many stories we played a personal role in," Lisa Page

And ?  

A cite from a reputable source.

We know that might be an owymoron in your case but a right wing conspiracy theory even if repeated by Hannity does not make it true.

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

And ?  

Why are you not asking that wrt Manifort cooperating?

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Why are you not asking that wrt Manifort cooperating?

because your quotes mean nothing.  literally meaningless.

this one

"It will make your head spin to realize how many stories we played a personal role in,"

she works for the FBI and has played a personal role in many peoples lives....surprise! she earns her wages.

Manifort Cooperating? well your boss did say he wouldn't :D

19 minutes ago, Dog said:

Cite?

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

because your quotes mean nothing.  literally meaningless.

this one

"It will make your head spin to realize how many stories we played a personal role in,"

she works for the FBI and has played a personal role in many peoples lives....surprise! she earns her wages.

Manifort Cooperating? well your boss did say he wouldn't :D

The evidence is incontrovertible and accumulating of initiatives by high level Obama administration officials to corrupt  our democracy by using the power of their office politically. These include the propagation of the Russia collusion fiction that was pretext for the Mueller investigation.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

The evidence is incontrovertible and accumulating of initiatives by high level Obama administration officials to corrupt  our democracy by using the power of their office politically. These include the propagation of the Russia collusion fiction that was pretext for the Mueller investigation.

What?

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

You're almost as crazy paranoid as Trump....

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

So far that incontrovertible evidence presented to the courts has resulted in guilty pleas and jail sentences. 

Oh my fucking god! The courts are deep state! Fuck!

If anything was a pretext why has Mueller managed to get so many indictments over the line and flip so many players ?

If it was a sham done on a pretext you would think any Defense lawyer would be screaming such from the rooftops- they are not......your conspiracy theory is just that and it is bullshit.

No cite yet.....

“Think our sisters (A reference to sister agency = CIA) have begun leaking like mad. Scorned and worried, and political, they’re kicking into overdrive.”  Peter Strzok

4 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

If anything was a pretext why has Mueller managed to get so many indictments over the line and flip so many players ?

If it was a sham done on a pretext you would think any Defense lawyer would be screaming such from the rooftops- they are not......your conspiracy theory is just that and it is bullshit.

No cite yet.....

They might have had there been any charges related to collusion with Russians but there has not been any. 

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

“Think our sisters (A reference to sister agency = CIA) have begun leaking like mad. Scorned and worried, and political, they’re kicking into overdrive.”  Peter Strzok

your making shit up again

No results found for “Think our sisters (A reference to sister agency = CIA) have begun leaking like mad. Scorned and worried, and political, they’re kicking into overdrive.” Peter Strzok.

FROM FOX!!

"A source told Fox News “Quinn” could be referring to Richard Quinn, who served as the chief of the Media and Investigative Publicity Section in the Office of Public Affairs. Quinn could not be reached for comment.

Strzok again replied: “Think our sisters have begun leaking like mad. Scorned and worried, and political, they’re kicking into overdrive.”

In one passage, Strzok apparently misreads a reference to "rnc" as "mc," and then, realizing his error, blames "old man eyes."

It is unclear at this point to whom Strzok was referring when he used the term “sisters.”"

do better

No results found for “Think our sisters (A reference to sister agency = CIA) have begun leaking like mad. Scorned and worried, and political, they’re kicking into overdrive.” Peter Strzok.

If only....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/12/new-strzok-page-texts-reveal-others-were-leaking-like-mad-in-lead-up-to-trump-russia-probe.html

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

They might have had there been any charges related to collusion with Russians but there has not been any. 

Umm..... where do you think Manafort got all that money that he didn't pay taxes on? From the Tooth Fairy?

-DSK

You looking in the wrong place. Search the quote again only this time suffix it with #out of dogs arse.

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

Umm..... where do you think Manafort got all that money that he didn't pay taxes on? From the Tooth Fairy?

-DSK

He worked as a political consultant for Russian interests in the Ukraine.

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I thought you said you never watch fox news? was that a .... lie?

No...That's a lie, I never said that.

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Hello!! from your own link

It is unclear at this point to whom Strzok was referring when he used the term “sisters.”

So...your caught red handed altering quotes to reflect your assumptions....BAD DOG!!

or stupid dog..or both:rolleyes:

Typical doggie just doing circles before he has a shit.

It’s a waste of my time there are hours that could be waisted waiting for doggie to come up with anything verifiable......

Hello!! from your own link

It is unclear at this point to whom Strzok was referring when he used the term “sisters.”

So...your caught red handed altering quotes to reflect your assumptions....BAD DOG!!

or stupid dog..or both:rolleyes:

Stay tuned, the shit is hitting the fan.

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

So, no ties to Russia at all..... these aren't the droids we're looking for, move along

-DSK

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

So, no ties to Russia at all..... these aren't the droids we're looking for, move along

-DSK

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Stay tuned, the shit is hitting the fan.

Uh Huh..Ivanka is divorcing Jarad and Melania's writing a book

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

No...Manifort had ties to Russia and his plea relates to events in 2005. That does not make the Russian collusion fantasy real.

Just now, Dog said:

No...Manifort had ties to Russia and his plea relates to events in 2005. That does not make the Russian collusion fantasy real.

And Trump had business ties to Russia which he lied repeatedly about, and he picked Manafort to be his campaign manager because...........

Actually, the best thing I've heard yet is Woodward statement that in his research, he didn't find anything proving "collusion or espionage" (odd choice of words).

It would be nice if President Trump is not a paid-for Russian stooge. But to ignore all the pointers toward that conclusion would be very stupid and potentially treasonous.

-DSK

and we havent even got round to all the other stuff yet, like trump's money laundering activities.

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

And Trump had business ties to Russia which he lied repeatedly about, and he picked Manafort to be his campaign manager because...........

Actually, the best thing I've heard yet is Woodward statement that in his research, he didn't find anything proving "collusion or espionage" (odd choice of words).

It would be nice if President Trump is not a paid-for Russian stooge. But to ignore all the pointers toward that conclusion would be very stupid and potentially treasonous.

-DSK

Don't be a dupe, Trump is an asshole not a Russian stooge. Why do you suppose he is arming Russia's neighbors, why urging NATO to beef up defense, why is he pushing to reduce European dependence on Russian energy.

and we havent even got round to all the other stuff yet, like trump's money laundering activities.

Do tell...