Sol Rosenberg

Drip Drip Drip

8 minutes ago, warbird said:

So, 180 pages later,  this amounted to nothing?

Christ, Warbird, you don’t have to read it now! This whole witch-hunt amounted to nothing.  That, and the president was upset!  We will all pray for his happiness to return.

6 minutes ago, warbird said:

You heard Barr say that the legal term of collusion or conspiracy wasn't met, right?  Plenty of evidence, just no proof.  This is a definite political win for Trump.  No doubt about it.  It's still a sad day for America however in that so much Russian involvement was proven, even as Trump denied Russia was involved.  See, Trump is his own worst enemy, unwilling to see the evidence presented to him.  Russia hacked our elections and Trump went on TV with Putin and said, "I asked, they didn't do anything".  So if anything, the report proves what an imbecile Trump really is.  And we still don't know if Russians or banks have something over Trump's head.

27 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

You heard Barr say that the legal term of collusion or conspiracy wasn't met, right?  Plenty of evidence, just no proof.  This is a definite political win for Trump.  No doubt about it.  It's still a sad day for America however in that so much Russian involvement was proven, even as Trump denied Russia was involved.  See, Trump is his own worst enemy, unwilling to see the evidence presented to him.  Russia hacked our elections and Trump went on TV with Putin and said, "I asked, they didn't do anything".  So if anything, the report proves what an imbecile Trump really is.  And we still don't know if Russians or banks have something over Trump's head.

How would Trump know?  It’s about his feelings about it.  If it doesn’t upset him, it’s not a crime.  It’s the Right of a President to do anything he or she wishes, according to Bob Barr.  Therefore, if the President likes what happened, if he’s happy with it, and not upset, and is, as a matter of fact, willing to pardon someone who helped preserve His happiness,  that help isn’t a crime.  

I wonder if one of Trump’s supporters will stroll out on 5th Avenue soon, and bring some 2nd amendment happiness to our Beautiful President.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

74639681-young-man-in-a-tin-foil-hat-poses-funny-faces-afraid-of-radiation-or-aliens.jpg

44 minutes ago, Amati said:
56 minutes ago, hermetic said:

huh?

btw: I don't pay permits on my weapons, unless I want to kill animals.  which I don't

edit:  the odd red squirrel eating at my tomatoes doesn't count  

Oh, sorry, I was talking about Liberals.  We were so wrong.  I can’t wait to get out in the Redoubt and eat some serious Crow.

billings montana, right?

and crossing traitor off the list doesn't really diminish it much

1 minute ago, warbird said:

My compliments!  

You must be so happy!  We must Tweet Our Beautiful President, and congratulate him!

9 minutes ago, hermetic said:

billings montana, right?

and crossing traitor off the list doesn't really diminish it much

Traitor = ?

Anyway, shouting “God Bless Captain Vere!” might be appropriate!

10 minutes ago, warbird said:

Is this the kind of media we can expect today?

7 minutes ago, Amati said:

My compliments!  

You must be so happy!  We must Tweet Our Beautiful President, and congratulate him!

The left and the media have a heretofore unparalleled level of hate for Trump. That visceral hate has been masked behind "a search for the truth". This 180 page thread is endemic of that hate hiding behind the cause of "truth". As, one by one, the truths are revealed, the left and media  have only hate remaining

What a hollow life that must be!

2 minutes ago, warbird said:

The left and the media have a heretofore unparalleled level of hate for Trump. That visceral hate has been masked behind "a search for the truth". This 180 page thread is endemic of that hate hiding behind the cause of "truth". As, one by one, the truths are revealed, the left and media  have only hate remaining

4 minutes ago, warbird said:

nah, we've got a report that says the President lied repeatedly to the American public.

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

nah, we've got a report that says the President lied repeatedly to the American public.

Maybe Warbird can get someone to read it to him. I understand it has some large words.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Maybe Warbird can get someone to read it to him. I understand it has some large words.

Redactions can make context and comprehension tricky too.

14 minutes ago, warbird said:

Hmm, after all this I guess all we have is a pussy grabbing, hate mongering, deficit raising, debt growing, internet bullying, environment destroying, tax evading, money laundering con man as POTUS.  Oh well. 

Dan Diamond (@ddiamond)

Trump’s reported reaction when he was told Mueller was appointed: “This is the end of my presidency. I’m fucked.” pic.twitter.com/J1AN9SGM7O

April 18, 2019

That’s on page 290, if you’re also reading the report.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amati said:

Oh, sorry, I was talking about Liberals.  We were so wrong.  I can’t wait to get out in the Redoubt and eat some serious Crow.

Serious Crow would be an awesome name for a band.

-DSK

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Serious Crow would be an awesome name for a band.

-DSK

Cheryl Crow?

From Huffpost

The special counsel repeatedly sought to interview Trump. At one point early 2018, an in-person interview had been scheduled, but was later canceled by Trump’s legal team. In May 2018, Mueller reportedly threatened Trump’s lawyers that he could subpoena Trump if the White House refused a sit-down interview.

Ultimately Trump submitted written answers to some of Mueller’s questions in late November. The president reportedly only answered questions related to Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, and not about whether he tried to obstruct the investigation into his campaign’s potential links with Russian meddling.

2 hours ago, warbird said:

Someone hasn’t been paying attention, or will not see what he would rather deny.

Such is the state of our country that such ignorance is confused with being “right.”

5 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

No. Douchebags at DOJ couldn't even make it searchable.

So - you haven't read it, and have still surmised that it's nothing?   That extra-sensory perception stuff must be pretty cool. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Someone hasn’t been paying attention, or will not see what he would rather deny.

Such is the state of our country that such ignorance is confused with being “right.”

Or skirting the the law is excused as moral.  Pretty thin line, and another explanation why some righties have no friends.

2 hours ago, Amati said:

Here you go:

6D588D3B-DE17-4D7F-B6CA-D811FD742A80.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Dan Diamond (@ddiamond)

Trump’s reported reaction when he was told Mueller was appointed: “This is the end of my presidency. I’m fucked.” pic.twitter.com/J1AN9SGM7O

April 18, 2019

That’s on page 290, if you’re also reading the report.

In May 2017, after President Trump learned from then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein had appointed special counsel Robert Mueller, Trump “slumped back in his chair and said, ‘Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I'm fucked.’”

According to the report, "The President returned to the consequences of the appointment and said, 'Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me.'"

Fucking hilarious.  Then Barr comes out and plays Trump the victim.  

Apparently Mueller chose not to prosecute the Trump Tower meeting because:

1. It was not clear that “dirt” on a political opponent is “a thing of value”

2. The principals involved in the meeting didn’t know that negotiations with foreigners for “a thing of value” which could alter an election was illegal

So the legal rationale for “no collusion” is that sensitive information which is hoped would destroy a political rival is worthless, and ignorance of the law means one can be exonerated of a crime.

smh

59 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Hmm, after all this I guess all we have is a pussy grabbing, hate mongering, deficit raising, debt growing, internet bullying, environment destroying, tax evading, money laundering con man as POTUS.  Oh well. 

We may have other things as well when congress gets further involved.  Interesting discussion on NPR this morning about the conflation of "collusion" and "conspiracy" and "coordination".  A former CIA counterintelligence agent pointed out that the Mueller report focused on criminal definitions not national security definitions.  The clear coordination between Don Jr. and Wikileaks, which the CIA has defined as an agency of the Russian state security apparatus raises all sorts of national security concerns, acording to her.  

And the report outlines 10 incidents of tRumpian efforts to interfere with the investigation.  While apparently unsuccessful, Mueller determined that they may or may not have reached the narrow criminal definition of obstruction.  The definition of "attempted obstruction" was not applied.   Just where you want your *resident to take comfort.

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s report lays out the case for why Congress is able to investigate and take action against President Trump on obstruction of justice.

In the report, Mueller provided a legal justification for why the special counsel was able to investigate obstruction of justice, even if they could not indict a sitting President.

The lengthy section, citing legal precedents, also alludes to Congress’ power under checks-and-balances to investigate and potentially impeach the President over obstruction of justice. 

“The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law,” the report states

3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

So - you haven't read it, and have still surmised that it's nothing?   That extra-sensory perception stuff must be pretty cool. 

I sarcastically labelled it "nothing" because warbird was doing his stupid victory dance - but there's also truth. There's nothing that will change their mind.

What I've read of the report does not paint a glowing picture of the President's character and reinforces my belief he is fundamentally unsuitable for office.That the reasoning behind "maybe he didn't obstruct justice" is "because the aides didn't carry out his orders" is deeply worrying.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s report lays out the case for why Congress is able to investigate and take action against President Trump on obstruction of justice.

In the report, Mueller provided a legal justification for why the special counsel was able to investigate obstruction of justice, even if they could not indict a sitting President.

The lengthy section, citing legal precedents, also alludes to Congress’ power under checks-and-balances to investigate and potentially impeach the President over obstruction of justice. 

“The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law,” the report states

That's quite the telling statement right there.

3 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I sarcastically labelled it "nothing" because warbird was doing his stupid victory dance - but there's also truth. There's nothing that will change their mind.

What I've read of the report does not paint a glowing picture of the President's character and reinforces my belief he is fundamentally unsuitable for office.That the reasoning behind "maybe he didn't obstruct justice" is "because the aides didn't carry out his orders" is deeply worrying.

Fair 'nuff.   I'm still glancing thru it - my 1st impression is that there are more prosecutions coming. 

Mueller said his investigation discovered “multiple links between Trump campaign officials and individuals tied to the Russian government” and that the campaign had sometimes been receptive.

“The campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts,” Mueller wrote.

Receptive mmmmm.

4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:
7 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

That's quite the telling statement right there.

harass him, embarrass him, weaken him.  but impeach him?  2 words

president pence

8 minutes ago, hermetic said:

president pence

Despite Pence living in the Dark Ages, I fail to see that Pence could fuck things up any worse than Trump has.

So, there was no obstruction because his minions refused to carry out his orders...

Special counsel Robert Mueller provides an extensive recounting of how President Trump and his aides handled the fallout of the June 9, 2016 meeting at Trump Tower between Russians and senior campaign officials.

The report, citing interviews with former White House communications officials Hope Hicks and Josh Raffel, says Trump directed aides on multiple occasions not to publicly disclose emails setting up the meeting. Later, the report affirms that Trump himself dictated a misleading statement to the press, saying the meeting primarily discussed adoption. 

The report describes White House officials learning — sometimes with shock — about the meeting. For example, then-White House chief of staff Reince Priebus first learned about the meeting in late June 2017 from Fox News host Sean Hannity (the report does not say how Hannity learned of it). 

Hicks recalls being “shocked” by the emails setting up the meeting, concerned they looked “really bad.” Together with senior advisers Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, Hicks discussed the emails with Trump, who told the group “he did not want to know about it” and refused to hear details of the matter. He said he was confident the emails would never leak.

When Trump learned the New York Times was working on a story about the Trump Tower meeting, Trump initially directed Hicks not to comment — which she said was odd, according to Mueller, “because he usually considered not responding to the press to be the ultimate sin.”

Later, when Hicks showed Trump a draft statement about the meeting attributed to his son, the President deemed it too revealing. He told Hicks "to say only that Trump Jr. took a brief meeting and it was about Russian adoption." 

Trump Jr. expressed concern about that statement, however, insisting the word “primarily” be inserted to suggest the meeting included other topics aside from just adoption.

7 minutes ago, Ishmael said:
16 minutes ago, hermetic said:

president pence

Despite Pence living in the Dark Ages, I fail to see that Pence could fuck things up any worse than Trump has.

pence is an old testament type of guy.  war is good

20 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Mueller said his investigation discovered “multiple links between Trump campaign officials and individuals tied to the Russian government” and that the campaign had sometimes been receptive.

“The campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts,” Mueller wrote.

Receptive mmmmm.

How is that not a "thing of value"?  

Congress may apply the obstruction laws to thePresident's corrupt exercise of thepowers of office

If they do not, you can expect Donnie to continue to ride roughshod over the democratic systems in place and continue to escalate his corrupt exercise of the powers of office.

Do think that Congress needs to take a stand on this or you will have a dictator in two years.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hermetic said:

i'll bet all the collusion convictions are overturned

A rightie made a funny.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, J28 said:

Here you go:

6D588D3B-DE17-4D7F-B6CA-D811FD742A80.jpeg

My Great Grand Mother’s ghost will most likely be visiting you tonight. Just a heads up. She does that sort of thing.......

:)

21 minutes ago, Amati said:

My Great Grand Mother’s ghost will most likely be visiting you tonight. Just a heads up. She does that sort of thing.......

:)

tell her to be careful she doesn't walk in on J28 rubbing one out to Elizabeth Warren.

48 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

tell her to be careful she doesn't walk in on J28 rubbing one out to Elizabeth Warren.

Given that side of the family, it would be pretty hilarious.....

oh- I see what you did there-;)

Trumps’ ass was covered by disobedience -

From the report: “Comey did not end the investigation of Flynn, which ultimately resulted in Flynn’s prosecution and conviction for lying to the FBI. McGahn did not tell the Acting Attorney General that the special counsel must be removed, but was instead prepared to resign over the President’s order. Lewandowski and Dearborn did not deliver the President ‘s message to Sessions that he should confine the Russia investigation to future election meddling only. And McGahn refused to recede from his recollections about events surrounding the President’s direction to have the special counsel removed, despite the President’s multiple demands that he do so.”

“Consistent with that pattern, the evidence we obtained would not support potential obstruction charges against the President’s aides and associates beyond those already filed.”

1 hour ago, Amati said:

Given that side of the family, it would be pretty hilarious.....

oh- I see what you did there-;)

She is somewhat attractive in a high cheekboned, inauthentic kinda way.

23 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

You're calling a woman a pussy?

1- real class there, bud

2- Ever heard the word "vagina"? Know what it means?

As for collusion, you and your elk "knew" there was NO COLLUSION years ago, after all President Trump keeps yelling it at you and he's a very honest person.

-DSK

It just occurred to me- a lot of the righties here are closeted Marxists- it seems they yearn to live in a classless society!

:o

(Thankyew Lady and Germs!)

:lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

So, there was no obstruction because his minions refused to carry out his orders...

Special counsel Robert Mueller provides an extensive recounting of how President Trump and his aides handled the fallout of the June 9, 2016 meeting at Trump Tower between Russians and senior campaign officials.

The report, citing interviews with former White House communications officials Hope Hicks and Josh Raffel, says Trump directed aides on multiple occasions not to publicly disclose emails setting up the meeting. Later, the report affirms that Trump himself dictated a misleading statement to the press, saying the meeting primarily discussed adoption. 

The report describes White House officials learning — sometimes with shock — about the meeting. For example, then-White House chief of staff Reince Priebus first learned about the meeting in late June 2017 from Fox News host Sean Hannity (the report does not say how Hannity learned of it). 

Hicks recalls being “shocked” by the emails setting up the meeting, concerned they looked “really bad.” Together with senior advisers Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, Hicks discussed the emails with Trump, who told the group “he did not want to know about it” and refused to hear details of the matter. He said he was confident the emails would never leak.

When Trump learned the New York Times was working on a story about the Trump Tower meeting, Trump initially directed Hicks not to comment — which she said was odd, according to Mueller, “because he usually considered not responding to the press to be the ultimate sin.”

Later, when Hicks showed Trump a draft statement about the meeting attributed to his son, the President deemed it too revealing. He told Hicks "to say only that Trump Jr. took a brief meeting and it was about Russian adoption." 

Trump Jr. expressed concern about that statement, however, insisting the word “primarily” be inserted to suggest the meeting included other topics aside from just adoption.

Yet the conspiracy laws do not require a completed crime, just the clear intent to commit one.  

Hmmmmm.  

Obstruction requires corrupt intent, does it not?  When someone has amnesia it is hard to establish what their intent was. 

5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Obstruction requires corrupt intent, does it not?  When someone has amnesia it is hard to establish what their intent was. 

That’s a type of corruption.......:P

29 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Fortunately The Worlds Best Memory had Barr to come along and give him a "Greatest Participation" award after the year of blocking, refusing, amnesia and bullshittery.

well all I can say is that if  Trump gets away with this, "God" help you and "god" help us. He was barely able to be contained before, now he'll do exactly as he pleases. All the "grownups", even his own picks that had any restraining ability at all, have gone..Fired or quit.

All that's been holding him back from his foolish excesses was this report.

The extent of his vindictiveness and no longer delusional belief in his power goes unchecked.

Checks and balances? What a joke.

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

well all I can say is that if  Trump gets away with this, "God" help you and "god" help us. He was barely able to be contained before, now he'll do exactly as he pleases. All the "grownups", even his own picks that had any restraining ability at all, have gone..Fired or quit.

All that's been holding him back from his foolish excesses was this report.

The extent of his vindictiveness and no longer delusional belief in his power goes unchecked.

Checks and balances? What a joke.

Get away with what?

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Get away with what?

OH hadn't you heard? He was going to bomb NK and Mexico at the same time! But it was the Mueller investigation that stopped him ya know... 

The TDS is strong today...

7 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Fair 'nuff.   I'm still glancing thru it - my 1st impression is that there are more prosecutions coming. 

Careful. Reading the report on your own  and firing your own opinion is a symptom of TDS. 

You may be right. But do you reckon the democrats will do anything about it? I don’t. 

The best stable genius with a mind like a steel trap.............

US president Donald Trump's most frequent contribution to the Mueller probe: 'I don't recall'

19 Apr, 2019 8:15am
 5 minutes to read
US President Donald Trump. Photo / AP
US President Donald Trump. Photo / AP
Washington Post

One sentence in the report written by special counsel Robert Mueller's investigators summarises US President Donald Trump's responses to their inquiries.

"We viewed the written answers to be inadequate," it says.

After battling with Trump's attorneys for months to get an in-person interview with the president, Mueller's investigators instead offered written questions to be answered under oath.

They covered four primary topic areas: the Trump Tower meeting in June 2016, the Russian effort to interfere with the election, the proposed development project in Moscow and contacts with Russia or Russia-related issues during the campaign and transition.

In total, the Mueller team asked 38 distinct questions with 37 follow-ups.

Trump offered 22 distinct answers. In 19 of those answers, he claims not to remember or recall some particular issue. Often, those failures to remember what happened constitute the entirety of his response.

In the past, Trump has touted his memory.

In June, speaking at a news conference in Singapore, he assured reporters that he didn't need notes about his conversation with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un because he has "one of the great memories of all time". But that memory appears not to extend back to 2015, as indicated in Trump's question responses.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Get away with what?

Obstruction of justice you lying, traitorous piece of shit. There are 10 potential instances. There's deletion of evidence Mr. e-mails matter. Now fuck off  and crawl back into your hole you cowardly piece of shit. People could beat you to death with rhetorical bats and you'll never change will you traitor?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Obstruction of justice you lying, traitorous piece of shit. There are 10 potential instances. There's deletion of evidence Mr. e-mails matter. Now fuck off  and crawl back into your hole you cowardly piece of shit. People could beat you to death with rhetorical bats and you'll never change will you traitor?

Trump hasn't been changed with obstruction.

32 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

TDS is running deep with you. PUI ? You continue to rattle off the standard lefty talking points of the past 2+ years. Your jibberish is like data coming out of a FIFO that hasn't had a clock signal in a while...…..

27 minutes ago, Dog said:

His diapers haven't been changed in days, it seems....

Very cranky toddler.

27 minutes ago, Dog said:

Doggy Style!

Being charged was never an option. The options were either exonerated or unable to exonerate. 

Three winners today

McGahn

Mueller

Comey

I love the bit on Trump questioning McGahn on why he took notes

McGahn “because I’m a real lawyer”

Trump

”Cohn didn’t take notes” (Cohn was disbarred).

3 losers from today

Trump//GOP

Sanders

Barr

24 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Three winners today

McGahn

Mueller

Comey

I love the bit on Trump questioning McGahn on why he took notes

McGahn “because I’m a real lawyer”

Trump

”Cohn didn’t take notes” (Cohn was disbarred).

3 losers from today

Trump//GOP

Sanders

Barr

The LOSERS today are the same as yesterday, last week, last month and last year. The lefties with the diagnosable TDS:lol:

1 hour ago, Dog said:

charged, fucker. and if you read the report you'd see why your lies are so stupid and so transparent. but you won't read it will you you cowardly traitorous fuck? that'd ruin your lies. you'll just pop back to the shit rightwing traitor messageboard and jerk off with your traitorous friends.

1 hour ago, warbird said:

TDS is running deep with you. PUI ? You continue to rattle off the standard lefty talking points of the past 2+ years. Your jibberish is like data coming out of a FIFO that hasn't had a clock signal in a while...…..

read the report yet cunt?

4 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

read the report yet cunt?

PUI?

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

nah, you Republicans are the ones who love the fucking Russkis influencers.

You do remember that Hil sponsored the dossier, right?

One of the reasons Trump didn't obstruct justice is because his aides and lawyers refused to do what he told them to do.

Think about that.

Only by disobeying the president did these men prevent a crime.

11 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

All of that can be excused as long as he makes “libbyrul heads explode”. 

“Fuck everyone and everything else. We won. Suck it.” (likely Faithful quote)

5 hours ago, Dog said:

Get away with what?

A basic reading said that the campaign officials were too stupid to know what they were doing was illegal, and that since Justice won’t indict a sitting prez, that Mueller decided to just wrap it up.

but there was extensive Russian interference, and folks like you gobbled it up. 

58 minutes ago, warbird said:

You do remember that Hil sponsored the dossier, right?

No one believes your lies, no matter how many times Hannity repeats them. 

9 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

charged, fucker. and if you read the report you'd see why your lies are so stupid and so transparent. but you won't read it will you you cowardly traitorous fuck? that'd ruin your lies. you'll just pop back to the shit rightwing traitor messageboard and jerk off with your traitorous friends.

Grow up. I've been right all along and you were duped. The question you should be asking yourself is why.

7 hours ago, Raz'r said:

A basic reading said that the campaign officials were too stupid to know what they were doing was illegal, and that since Justice won’t indict a sitting prez, that Mueller decided to just wrap it up.

but there was extensive Russian interference, and folks like you gobbled it up. 

Not true. I have not disputed Russian interference which btw happened on Obama's watch and with his knowledge.

Nadler is issuing a subpoena for the full unredacted  Mueller report today. 

11 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Careful. Reading the report on your own  and firing your own opinion is a symptom of TDS. 

You may be right. But do you reckon the democrats will do anything about it? I don’t. 

In all sincerity?   I think they'll do what the Rs did - and keep making a lot of noise about everything they can while not really doing much else. 

Just now, Sean said:

Nadler is issuing a subpoena for the full unredacted  Mueller report today. 

Full congress probably doesn't need it.  Appropriate oversight committees?  Absolutely so. 

8 hours ago, phillysailor said:

One of the reasons Trump didn't obstruct justice is because his aides and lawyers refused to do what he told them to do.

Think about that.

Only by disobeying the president did these men prevent a crime.

True enough - and while his behavior may not constitute criminality, it certainly isn't what I'd expect from someone sitting in the WH, regardless of party.   

Ds - here's an opportunity for you:   Will you attempt to elevate behavior and discourse, refocus on national priorities and the purpose of government, or will you continue to stoke the fires of partisan division and rancor in the interest of D "winning"?    

8 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

In all sincerity?   I think they'll do what the Rs did - and keep making a lot of noise about everything they can while not really doing much else. 

That’s just politics at is worst, ironically. Anyone but the President would be facing charges. Instructing McGahn and Macfarland to write false memos for their files when they left?  There’s the corrupt intent.  

DemocRATS would much rather run against the different rules for the rich, than to protect the rule of law by doing their duty, I suspect. Time will tell. 

Politico sums it up. 

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/04/19/barr-obstruction-mueller-trump-226664

Renato Mariotti is the Legal Affairs Columnist for POLITICO Magazine. He is a former federal prosecutor and host of the “On Topic” podcast.

Mueller’s report detailed extraordinary efforts by Trump to abuse his power as president to undermine Mueller’s investigation. The case is so detailed that it is hard to escape the conclusion that Mueller could have indicted and convicted Trump for obstruction of justice—if he were permitted to do so. And the reason he is not permitted to do so is very clear: Department of Justice policy prohibits the indictment of a sitting president.

Mueller still could have reached a conclusion regarding obstruction of justice, but he believed it would be unfair to reach a conclusion that Trump could not rebut in court. How do we know this? Because Mueller says it. If he had reached a conclusion that Trump obstructed justice, Mueller wrote, Trump could not go to court to obtain a “speedy and public trial” with the “procedural protections” afforded to a criminal defendant by the Constitution.

Though Mueller determined there was no “collusion” between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, he makes clear that proving obstruction does not require the existence of such an underlying crime. There are many reasons, including fear of personal embarrassment, to explain why the president might have tried to impede the special counsel’s investigation. “The injury to the integrity of the justice system is the same regardless of whether a person committed an underlying wrong,” Mueller wrote. Moreover, Mueller’s team “found multiple acts by the President that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations.”

But Barr hid these inconvenient facts.

Someone must have taken the time to explain to Trump what Obstruction of justice actually means..He's off!!

Would he be referring to the "so called notes" that he questioned his lawyer about why he was taking them? 

Statements are made about me by certain people in the Crazy Mueller Report, in itself written by 18 Angry Democrat Trump Haters, which are fabricated & totally untrue. Watch out for people that take so-called “notes,” when the notes never existed until needed. Because I never....

...agreed to testify, it was not necessary for me to respond to statements made in the “Report” about me, some of which are total bullshit & only given to make the other person look good (or me to look bad). This was an Illegally Started Hoax that never should have happened, a...

18 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

True enough - and while his behavior may not constitute criminality, it certainly isn't what I'd expect from someone sitting in the WH, regardless of party.   

Ds - here's an opportunity for you:   Will you attempt to elevate behavior and discourse, refocus on national priorities and the purpose of government, or will you continue to stoke the fires of partisan division and rancor in the interest of D "winning"?    

Well, at this point, there's only two choices, R and D.

Are you fine continuing to vote R because they are the victims of those mean old D's partisanly using the R's malfeasance and criminal intent against them?

Lotsa people will be. Others continue to get off the bus, one at a time.

-DSK

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well, at this point, there's only two choices, R and D.

Are you fine continuing to vote R because they are the victims of those mean old D's partisanly using the R's malfeasance and criminal intent against them?

Lotsa people will be. Others continue to get off the bus, one at a time.

-DSK

I'm fine continuing to advocate for the positions on issues - and to vote for the individual that I think has the best chance at advancing those issues.   I've got much less interest in wasting time bashing the other guys.   

Why do you think I keep asking the questions I do, Steamers?   I want something and someone to vote FOR - I'm fuggin' tired of feeling like I have to figure out which choice will cause the least amount of damage.   I'm tired of party and division being more important than getting the right and important things done.  I'm tired of PC labels and fringe feelgood efforts being more important than improving the economy and tending to our other national interests.   

The blather in your second sentence?   Perfect example of the dismissive discourse and division that I won't support. 

8 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I'm fine continuing to advocate for the positions on issues - and to vote for the individual that I think has the best chance at advancing those issues.   I've got mu