Sol Rosenberg

Drip Drip Drip

From The HIll

Abel Iglesias, the former president and CEO of Professional Bank in Florida, landed a position at the Miami branch of the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank earlier this year — an appointment some are questioning due to the bank lending millions of dollars directly to Trump shortly beforehand.

Trump sought to purchase the home of his sister, former Judge Maryanne Barry, last year. Previous reporting on the purchase suggested Trump’s sons had made the purchase, but according to Salon, based off of recently published financial disclosures earlier this month from the president, the purchase was actually from an LLC that was owned by Trump himself. 

The president bought the home for $18.5 million.

After the loan was agreed to, and the home was bought, the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank announced in January this year Iglesias’s appointment. A spokeswoman for the Fed maintained that his appointment was made independently, without any influence by the president.

The questionable practice of the president seeking and receiving a loan is itself worrisome for ethical reasons.

“The concern is that the president would be treated differently by the bank,” Washington University law professor Kathleen Clark told Mother Jones in its reporting of the matter. “There’s actually a record of banks having a VIP program and treating politically powerful people differently than everyone else. So this is a concern that is well grounded in past practice.”

That Iglesias also was able to get a prestigious government job shortly after the loan was secured raises alarm bells as well.

3 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

From The HIll

Abel Iglesias, the former president and CEO of Professional Bank in Florida, landed a position at the Miami branch of the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank earlier this year — an appointment some are questioning due to the bank lending millions of dollars directly to Trump shortly beforehand.

Trump sought to purchase the home of his sister, former Judge Maryanne Barry, last year. Previous reporting on the purchase suggested Trump’s sons had made the purchase, but according to Salon, based off of recently published financial disclosures earlier this month from the president, the purchase was actually from an LLC that was owned by Trump himself. 

After the loan was agreed to, and the home was bought, the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank announced in January this year Iglesias’s appointment. A spokeswoman for the Fed maintained that his appointment was made independently, without any influence by the president.

The questionable practice of the president seeking and receiving a loan is itself worrisome for ethical reasons.

“The concern is that the president would be treated differently by the bank,” Washington University law professor Kathleen Clark told Mother Jones in its reporting of the matter. “There’s actually a record of banks having a VIP program and treating politically powerful people differently than everyone else. So this is a concern that is well grounded in past practice.”

That Iglesias also was able to get a prestigious government job shortly after the loan was secured raises alarm bells as well.

Brazen, open corruption.  

4 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

From The HIll

Well without a conviction, nothing happened and without anything happening there is nothing to investigate so spying is bad. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

From The HIll

There's the Manafort banker facing nasty felony charges. Will we see the same for a Fed Gov?

We know that the Prez cannot break the law, cause he's the prez. Right @Dog?

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

There's the Manafort banker facing nasty felony charges. Will we see the same for a Fed Gov?

We know that the Prez cannot break the law, cause he's the prez. Right @Dog?

Yep, it seems that that Stephen Calk, the CEO of Federal Savings Bank, loaned Manafort millions of dollars when his credit rating didn't deserve it. but he was on the Campaign staff. He put Calk in the running for a couple of jobs, including the Undersecretary of the Army. 

Yep. No legislative or oversight role for Congress to be concerned about here. "Move along, please. Move along. Keep moving."

One day Doggy will tell the truth, and no one will believe him.

2 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Yep, it seems that that Stephen Calk, the CEO of Federal Savings Bank, loaned Manafort millions of dollars when his credit rating didn't deserve it. but he was on the Campaign staff. He put Calk in the running for a couple of jobs, including the Undersecretary of the Army. 

Yep. No legislative or oversight role for Congress to be concerned about here. "Move along, please. Move along. Keep moving."

And then there is Mnuchin who along with his college buddy Lampert gutted Sears as board members.

The figure mentioned 6 Billion!

AOC and Liz Warren are asking questions..

HuffPost 

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

0C771524-DFC4-45C4-9DF0-66E97C81E0E1.jpeg

To be fair...looking over his entire statement, IMO he didn't say he doesn't do cover ups, he merely implied many people believe he doesn't do cover ups. There's truth in that statement. Certainly Sean Hannity doesn't believe Trump does cover ups, certainly most of FOX don't believe he does cover ups. Dog's belief?  That's at least an interesting question.

Many people achieved. 

This is mildly amusing in a holy fuck kind of way.

5 minutes ago, bhyde said:

This is mildly amusing in a holy fuck kind of way.

And what might he want to do with us?

Just now, Amati said:

And what might he want to do with us?

What color hat do you wear?

1 minute ago, bhyde said:

What color hat do you wear?

I get mail from right wing fund raisers?

1 minute ago, Amati said:

I get mail from right wing fund raisers?

Did you donate?

17 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Did you donate?

That would be telling! 

:lol:

Barr given unilateral authority to declassify documents regarding Intel investigations into Russian meddling in 2016.

YCMTSU

5 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Barr given unilateral authority to declassify documents regarding Intel investigations into Russian meddling in 2016.

YCMTSU

And to not declassify. Get ready for some Doggy Style cherry picking. 

5 hours ago, Raz'r said:

YCMTSU

You don't have to, it's important to get to the bottom of attempts to fuck with our democracy, right? and "If they did nothing wrong..." In a response dripping with irony Adam Schiff (who purports to be sitting on stone cold proof the Trump colluded with Russians) said the move is an attempt to “weaponize law enforcement and declassified information against their political enemies.”

Drip drip drip

9 hours ago, Navig8tor said:
9 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

Dumbass.

Turning the swamp into a morass.

And it will be a fine piece of morass, you'll see. Everyone will be saying it

-DSK

17 hours ago, Left Shift said:
23 hours ago, hermetic said:

i wonder if nys is allowed to release the fed forms included in the nys returns

If they are submitted as part of the NYS filing, then they are NYS tax returns.  Let's wait and see.

Essentially, the Orange-u-tan forgot that when you are deeply despised by nearly every politician in the state where you live and do business, you may suffer consequences for engendering that much hatred.

probably

I think the nys legislature jumped the gun a bit - they should have waited out the irs subpoena before passing this bill.  especially when they're looking for $10B of gateway funding 

8 minutes ago, hermetic said:

probably

I think the nys legislature jumped the gun a bit - they should have waited out the irs subpoena before passing this bill.  especially when they're looking for $10B of gateway funding 

But, but, but, he has nothing to hide.  You are a moron.  

11 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:
21 minutes ago, hermetic said:

probably

But, but, but, he has nothing to hide.  You are a moron.  

so you don't think ny passing that bill will effect the vindictive guy in dc thoughts about releasing the gateway funds?

41 minutes ago, hermetic said:

so you don't think ny passing that bill will effect the vindictive guy in dc thoughts about releasing the gateway funds?

Fog of war.......

17 minutes ago, Amati said:
59 minutes ago, hermetic said:

Fog of war.......

considering trump's going to lose the irs fight - the law is pretty clear, even for a biased judge - ny picked a silly, and expensive battle

Kudos to Rep. McKean for "telling it like it is". 

If there are those who are doing the same because of Speaker Pelosi, or did so because of President Obama, I'd love to know about them. 

But, this seems to be a Republican problem.  Will the GOP survive President Trump?

"I believe that it is just a matter of time before our country pays a heavy price for President Donald Trump’s reckless spending and shortsighted financial policies; his erratic, destabilizing foreign policy; and his disdain and disregard for environmental concerns.

Furthermore, he sets a poor example for the nation and our children. He delivers personal insults, often in a crude and juvenile fashion, to those who disagree with him, and is a bully at a time when we’re attempting to discourage bullying, on- and offline.

In addition, he frequently disregards the truth and displays a willingness to ridicule or marginalize people for their appearance, ethnicity, and disability.

I believe that his actions have coarsened political discourse, contributing to unprecedented polarization and creating a breeding ground for hateful rhetoric and actions."

Some would excuse this behavior, claiming Trump is just telling it like it is—and that this is the new normal. If this is the new normal, I want no part of it. Unacceptable behavior should be called out for what it is—and Americans of all parties should insist on something far better from the man holding the highest office in the land.

• Like 1

Another reasonable politician who will be destroyed by the rest of the compassionate GOP.

Start the hate machine. Revenge Tweets, disgusted talking heads and will someone please point out how his heritage makes him less worthy.

Guiliani shares an edited video, making Speaker Pelosi appear as if she is incoherent.

Then, he Tweets this apology, apparently missing the irony.

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 6.42.19 AM.png

15 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Guiliani shares an edited video, making Speaker Pelosi appear as if she is incoherent.

Then, he Tweets this apology, apparently missing the irony.

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 6.42.19 AM.png

Wow. I had to fact check that - yup, it’s real. Crazy. 

On 5/20/2019 at 4:40 PM, Mike G said:

If it's any consolation, many people that don't actually read the bible like to quote from it.

I’ve never understood why people quote from a fairy tale. 

3 minutes ago, mad said:
On 5/20/2019 at 11:40 AM, Mike G said:

If it's any consolation, many people that don't actually read the bible like to quote from it.

I’ve never understood why people quote from a fairy tale. 

It's quaint, it's down-homey, it's familiar.

FWIW I have in fact read the Bible and am relatively familiar with a lot of church history that most religious people prefer to ignore. For example why was the gospel of James, Jesus' brother, excluded from the New Testament? I have had Christians get in my face to hotly deny that Jesus even had a brother. But then I was born and mostly raised in the Bible Belt and feel comfortable in this environment, even though I am rather unenthusiastic about religious faith.

Back when I was young and sent unwillingly to Catholic school, a nun told me that I know too much to be good Christian. Probably true...... however the way I see it, science and facts answer one set of questions, religion answers a different set of questions.

-DSK

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Back when I was young and sent unwillingly to Catholic school, a nun told me that I know too much to be good Christian.

I am guessing she didn't quite grasp the fact she was insulting her own intelligence.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 9:32 PM, Fakenews said:

Speaking of Sarah she had to deny a report by Bloomberg that only 1.7 miles of WALL have been built this year and insist that they are on track for 500+ miles this year.

LOL

I wonder what her career prospects are after this current position? 

On 5/23/2019 at 8:43 PM, Cal20sailor said:

I'm tired of the mutt, did you mean to say the unreacted report?

Trump is an idiot and will die in jail.  

I admire your optimism 

37 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

FWIW I have in fact read the Bible and am relatively familiar with a lot of church history that most religious people prefer to ignore. For example why was the gospel of James, Jesus' brother, excluded from the New Testament? I have had Christians get in my face to hotly deny that Jesus even had a brother. But then I was born and mostly raised in the Bible Belt and feel comfortable in this environment, even though I am rather unenthusiastic about religious faith.

Back when I was young and sent unwillingly to Catholic school, a nun told me that I know too much to be good Christian. Probably true...... however the way I see it, science and facts answer one set of questions, religion answers a different set of questions.

-DSK

Got it. Just choose the answers that fit your narrative. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/24/us/politics/kenneth-cuccinelli-l-francis-cissna.html

This guy tried to ban spanish from being spoken in the workplace.

Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II, the immigration hard-liner who was expected to be President Trump’s pick to coordinate immigration policy, will instead be chosen to take over for the embattled official who has overseen the legal immigration system, according to two people briefed on the situation.

The official, L. Francis Cissna, whose role as the head of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services has included overseeing a visa system that many White House aides view as broken, has submitted to pressure to step down, the two people said.

Mr. Cuccinelli, a former Virginia attorney general, is expected to be tapped to replace Mr. Cissna, the two people said. Mr. Trump had asked Mr. Cuccinelli in recent days to help coordinate policy across agencies, akin to the “immigration czar” job that the president has considered creating for months. The move startled officials at the White House and at the Department of Homeland Security, where one West Wing official said Mr. Cuccinelli would work.

For now, he will be used to move out Mr. Cissna, the people familiar with the move said.

But Mr. Cissna, who was supported by a number of immigration restrictionists, held a Senate-confirmed role. And people close to the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, who has been a target of Mr. Cuccinelli’s in the past, said that the former attorney general’s chances of being confirmed were close to zero, creating immediate questions about the next steps in the process.

Mr. Cissna’s resignation was previously reported by The Washington Post. The White House declined to comment.

The latest twist in the Trump administration’s personnel decisions related to immigration shows that it has become one of the most battle-scarred areas of internal turf in the past several months. Over the past several weeks, Mr. Trump has sought to shake up the leadership at the Department of Homeland Security, beginning with ousting Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen in April.

The New York Times reported that month that Mr. Cissna could also be forced out, and officials in the White House have long seen him as a hindrance, particularly Mr. Trump’s top policy adviser, Stephen Miller, whose singular focus is immigration. But a number of immigration restrictionists who have sought for years to reduce legal immigration described Mr. Cissna as a reliable partner. He was also supported by prominent Republicans like Senator Charles E. Grassley of Iowa.

Ultimately, it was not enough to keep him in his job.

Prior to winning election as attorney general, Cuccinelli served in Virginia’s state Senate, where he sponsored bills to compel employees to speak English in the workplace.

• Like 1

Again, Meli, we get the news here in the US. 

SAVE THE BANDWIDTH!

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

My favorite part is that James was apparently an older brother. Uh oh.

3 hours ago, mad said:
3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

....    ... however the way I see it, science and facts answer one set of questions, religion answers a different set of questions.

Got it. Just choose the answers that fit your narrative. 

Zackly. It's not like you're building a bridge or anything....... and hey guess what, if you -are- building one and it falls down, that was God's will......

-DSK

57 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Zackly. It's not like you're building a bridge or anything....... and hey guess what, if you -are- building one and it falls down, that was God's will......

-DSK

Gets rid of that dammed personal responsibility. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blue Crab said:
59 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

Gets rid of that dammed personal responsibility. 

Right! Numbers and facts n' shit are for engineers.

And engineers are all going to hell!

-DSK

5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Right! Numbers and facts n' shit are for engineers.

And engineers are all going to hell!

-DSK

Better than heaven. Who wants to hang out with a bunch of religious nutters for eternity?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Better than heaven. Who wants to hang out with a bunch of religious nutters for eternity?

The religious nutters don't go to heaven. There's no place in heaven for hypocrites, and haters.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

That's the definition of Hell.

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

...engineers are all going to hell!

3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

There's no place in heaven for hypocrites, and haters.

Listen, I'm an engineer, but I read the specs and that bus to heaven has a capacity of 144,000, no more, no less.  Lineups are going to be brutal. Crowd control essential.  Who is the frikkin project planner on this?

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 1:50 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Well without a conviction, nothing happened and without anything happening there is nothing to investigate so spying is bad. 

Well, yes, but shouldn't Barr have the reporters jailed?

20 hours ago, bacq2bacq said:

Listen, I'm an engineer, but I read the specs and that bus to heaven has a capacity of 144,000, no more, no less.  Lineups are going to be brutal. Crowd control essential.  Who is the frikkin project planner on this?

Dunno, but if it's the TSA we'll know where we're going.     

On 5/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, Blue Crab said:
On 5/25/2019 at 2:00 PM, Raz'r said:

That's the definition of Hell.

I like harp music, but gotta mix it up once in a while with some loud-ass rock 'n funk. Maybe even jazz.

Robert Heinlein (late in his career) wrote a book about a religious zealot who was unwittingly on the path to enlightenment, and ended up in Heaven..... it was funny and well done (as you'd expect) with humans demanding all kinds of things God didn't think of, and angels telling humans to fuck off and stop being such PITAs.

1 hour ago, Mark K said:
21 hours ago, bacq2bacq said:

Dunno, but if it's the TSA we'll know where we're going.      

The TSA will be assisting whatever group of poor souls that are worried about terrorists smuggling bombs into the afterlife.

-DSK

The Spy Case That Made Adam Schiff a Russia Hawk

Three decades before he railed against the Trump campaign, the future congressman prosecuted an FBI agent who was seduced by a Soviet spy.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/05/26/adam-schiff-russia-hawk-524-226983

“I learned a lot about Russian tradecraft: how the Russians operate, who they target, the vulnerabilities they look for,” Schiff recalls. “They want people with access to information that is of use to them. They look for people who are sort of at the margins at what they do, that have financial problems, who have marital problems that they can exploit. And they found a very good target with Richard Miller.”

28 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

The Spy Case That Made Adam Schiff a Russia Hawk

Three decades before he railed against the Trump campaign, the future congressman prosecuted an FBI agent who was seduced by a Soviet spy.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/05/26/adam-schiff-russia-hawk-524-226983

“I learned a lot about Russian tradecraft: how the Russians operate, who they target, the vulnerabilities they look for,” Schiff recalls. “They want people with access to information that is of use to them. They look for people who are sort of at the margins at what they do, that have financial problems, who have marital problems that they can exploit. And they found a very good target with Richard Miller.”

Yeah, the FBI agents who investigated that case need to be investigated. Clearly, spying on Russians inside the USA just because they are making a business deal is improper. It's against capitalism, dammit!

Just like spying on agents of the Russian gov't who have been hired by a Presidential candidate. That's just so-o-o unfair!

-DSK

• Like 1

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

Yeah, the FBI agents who investigated that case need to be investigated. Clearly, spying on Russians inside the USA just because they are making a business deal is improper. It's against capitalism, dammit!

Just like spying on agents of the Russian gov't who have been hired by a Presidential candidate. That's just so-o-o unfair!

-DSK

It isn’t just unfair. 

It is SO Unfair. 

It is a coup. And treason. 

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

"agents of the Russian gov't who have been hired by a Presidential candidate". Which candidate are you referring to?

14 minutes ago, Dog said:

"agents of the Russian gov't who have been hired by a Presidential candidate". Which candidate are you referring to?

I believe both of the finalists were investigated, but only one of them actually hired an agent of the Russian gov't to be their campaign manager; and hired an American who bragged about spying for the Russians. Which one was that?

-DSK

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I believe both of the finalists were investigated, but only one of them actually hired an agent of the Russian gov't to be their campaign manager; and hired an American who bragged about spying for the Russians. Which one was that?

-DSK

The Campaign Manager?  Isn’t that the guy doing time for Conspiracy Against the United States? 

31 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The Campaign Manager?  Isn’t that the guy doing time for Conspiracy Against the United States? 

“Shhhhhh! Hilary was worse! She used Email! Benghazi!”

Dog will be along shortly to say (bark?) that Manafort’s conspiracy against the United States happened during the Kenyan’s illegal usurpation and that but for deep state fifth columnists that he would assuredly receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Guy will be concerned yet optimistic. Tom will say that Putin looks very manly and is strong on the 2A.

Doggy's ultimate goal is to make us think that Russian influence was used to help Hillary win the election. It's his literary side, trying to make 2+2=5 for Big Brother. 

10 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

"Yes but no collusion." Likely Dog quote.

9 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Doggy's ultimate goal is to make us think that Russian influence was used to help Hillary win the election. It's his literary side, trying to make 2+2=5 for Big Brother. 

Think what you will but Hillary's campaign did solicit dirt on their opponant from Kremlin officials.

And then bureaucrats in our own government did use Hillary's Russian sourced and un-verified dirt to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Hillary's campaign did solicit dirt on their opponant from Kremlin officials.

This is spin, not anything resembling truth.

Hillarys official campaign leaders never met directly with Russians for the singular purpose of gathering information on their opponent, in their building, in a secretive meeting that they subsequently lied about and covered up. They never submitted false national security forms by omitting this meeting from their recollection.

Hillary’s campaign hired a legal firm that did investigative work, and when they saw what they had purchased they turned it over to the FBI.

Not sure how the two could be any more different.

But to your Trump-loving brain, Hillary’s crimes are worse. You are a sad joke for letting your judgement become so impaired.

All you can do is spin. You can’t lead, convince or create. Just keep spinning, spinning, spinning...

1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

This is spin, not anything resembling truth.

Hillarys official campaign leaders never met directly with Russians for the singular purpose of gathering information on their opponent, in their building, in a secretive meeting that they subsequently lied about and covered up. They never submitted false national security forms by omitting this meeting from their recollection.

Hillary’s campaign hired a legal firm that did investigative work, and when they saw what they had purchased they turned it over to the FBI.

Not sure how the two could be any more different.

But to your Trump-loving brain, Hillary’s crimes are worse. You are a sad joke for letting your judgement become so impaired.

All you can do is spin. You can’t lead, convince or create. Just keep spinning, spinning, spinning...

This Is spin...

That Hillary's campaign use intermediaries to procure the dirt from Kremlin officials does not excuse them for doing it. Nor does it excuse those bureaucrats in our own government who used that unverified Russian supplied dirt to fraudulently obtain a warrant to spy on the Trump campaign. Hillary was supposed to win and all this was to be burried.

These are facts and all you can do is spin.

2 hours ago, phillysailor said:

I thought it was mccain that gave the dossier to the fbi?

35 minutes ago, Dog said:

...     ...    ...

Up is down and black is white. Facts in Trumpworld

Remind me to never ever drive over any bridges that you helped design or build

3 minutes ago, hermetic said:

I thought it was mccain that gave the dossier to the fbi?

IIRC it was Rubio's campaign that initiated it. The FBI was already watching Carter and probably Manafort too.

When you consort with people working for Russia, or people who brag about being connected to Russian intel, and hire them, you ought to expect a small amount of attention from US intel IMHO

-DSK

40 minutes ago, Dog said:

This Is spin...

That Hillary's campaign use intermediaries to procure the dirt from Kremlin officials does not excuse them for doing it. Nor does it excuse those bureaucrats in our own government who used that unverified Russian supplied dirt to fraudulently obtain a warrant to spy on the Trump campaign. Hillary was supposed to win and all this was to be burried.

What lead the investigators to Russia?

1 hour ago, Dog said:

This Is spin...

Quoted for its essential Dogginess.

35 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

What lead the investigators to Russia?

The origins of "Crossfire Hurricane" is a subject under investigation. Remember AG Barr testified that he suspects it might not have been properly predicated.

14 minutes ago, Dog said:

The origins of "Crossfire Hurricane" is a subject under investigation. Remember AG Barr testified that he suspects it might not have been properly predicated.

I wonder how he will deal with the fact that members of the Trump campaign bragged to Australian officials that they were conspiring with Russia? Don't forget Carter Page went back to Russia to inform them that he had been contacted by the FBI. There will be so much spin around this no one will get to the truth.

35 minutes ago, Dog said:

So “refreshing” to have an Atty General basing his application of the law on politically motivated speculation.

Barr's predecessor recused himself from the investigation.

14 hours ago, phillysailor said:

I'm a simple minded guy, 2 plus 2 is on my mind.  Bob (the other one)

5 hours ago, Dog said:

This Is spin...

That's what the RW media is saying, sure enough, that those interesting questions merit an investigation. But where does that lead? They want Comey and McCabe and Mueller sworn in and have them reiterate all the things they saw which warranted an investigation of the Trump campaign on live Tee-Vee? 

Old saying: "Be careful what you wish for."  

Man it'd be good to get an investigation into all of the Hillary leaks coming from the NYC FBI and the grudge they had. Now that would be interesting if we are getting all up in the FBIs business.

53 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Man it'd be good to get an investigation into all of the Hillary leaks coming from the NYC FBI and the grudge they had. Now that would be interesting if we are getting all up in the FBIs business.

That will NOT be part of the Barr spew.

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Just some bullshit from the Bullshitter in Chief.

You know damned well the uber-patriots in the GOP would've screamed for Obama's head if he lied about something involving veterans.  

But, President Trump doing just that won't even rate a "Meh" from them.

Our resident elk as well.

2 hours ago, Mark K said:

That's what the RW media is saying, sure enough, that those interesting questions merit an investigation. But where does that lead? They want Comey and McCabe and Mueller sworn in and have them reiterate all the things they saw which warranted an investigation of the Trump campaign on live Tee-Vee? 

Old saying: "Be careful what you wish for."  

Oh that won’t be on TV, it will be behind closed doors so that the testimony can be cherry picked and leaked out to create a good doggy Style bullshit story. 

19 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I wonder how he will deal with the fact that members of the Trump campaign bragged to Australian officials that they were conspiring with Russia? Don't forget Carter Page went back to Russia to inform them that he had been contacted by the FBI. There will be so much spin around this no one will get to the truth.

A Trump campaign worker told an Australian official (who was an FBI agent) that the Russians had Hillary's emails. He had been told that by the mysterious Joseph Misfud, whereabouts unknown.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

A Trump campaign worker told an Australian official (who was an FBI agent) that the Russians had Hillary's emails. He had been told that by the mysterious Joseph Misfud, whereabouts unknown.

Well, thanks for adding that. Meanwhile, I'm breathlessly waiting for a response to #2404.

"The fundamental problem was identified by James Madison, who led the drafting of our constitution. “In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men,” he wrote in Federalist Paper 51, “the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself." Under Comey, Lynch, Brennan, and Clapper, under Obama and Biden, it failed to control itself.

Over the next few months, we will learn the extent of that failure. We will see if top officials misused their agencies to investigate and crush their political opponents. Constitutional democracies cannot permit that. They cannot wave it off as yesterday’s news and expect to survive unscathed. If undetected and unpunished, it will happen again to another party, another candidate".

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/05/28/a_hard_rains_gonna_fall_on_obamas_bad_cops_and_spies_140429.html

11 minutes ago, Dog said:

"The fundamental problem was identified by James Madison, who led the drafting of our constitution. “In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men,” he wrote in Federalist Paper 51, “the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself." Under Comey, Lynch, Brennan, and Clapper, under Obama and Biden, it failed to control itself.

Over the next few months, we will learn the extent of that failure. We will see if top officials misused their agencies to investigate and crush their political opponents. Constitutional democracies cannot permit that. They cannot wave it off as yesterday’s news and expect to survive unscathed. If undetected and unpunished, it will happen again to another party, another candidate".

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/05/28/a_hard_rains_gonna_fall_on_obamas_bad_cops_and_spies_140429.html

How will you defend Barr's report when the redactions remain classified?

55 minutes ago, Dog said:

Don't forget that you and your elk will someday need to produce actual evidence for all this bullshit. Something better than lawyers jawboning and pundits blowing hot air up the asses of the faithful. Do you really believe that there will be actual indictments, trials and prison terms comparable to the Trump team's record performance?

4 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Don't forget that you and your elk will someday need to produce actual evidence for all this bullshit. Something better than lawyers jawboning and pundits blowing hot air up the asses of the faithful. Do you really believe that there will be actual indictments, trials and prison terms comparable to the Trump team's record performance?

That’s not the goal.

This is whataboutism made federal policy. It is a legal maneuver to muddy the waters in the court of public opinion. There is nothing about “searching for the truth” in this charade.

Trump hasn’t gotten this far by following laws or traditions. It’s a legal game, and he just doesn’t give a shit about our country, and his lackeys and bootlickers are willing participants in tearing us down.

Doggy included. 

Feeling sorry for the pussygrabber is a full time job, but @Dog is nothing if not loyal.

7 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

True...They will have to do better your elk did with that collusion fairy tale.

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

True...They will have to do better your elk did with that collusion fairy tale.

By “your elk” I assume you mean the Republicans who started the original look into Trump, the Republican who turned the dossier over to the FBI and the Republicans who set up the Special Counsel and oversaw the investigation.

"Rep. Bradley Byrne (R-AL) is upset that there was an investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election because it took time and money — so he’s proposing legislation to require another costly and time-consuming probe to investigate that initial investigation."

https://thinkprogress.org/bradley-byrne-upset-mueller-investigation-costly-barr-investigations-b9780d1df3d5/

5 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

That’s not the goal.

This is whataboutism made federal policy. It is a legal maneuver to muddy the waters in the court of public opinion. There is nothing about “searching for the truth” in this charade.

True...from Benghazi to Birther...the same thing over and over. Trump and the faithful will again change the subject if a formal fact finding process occurs.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

what a bunch of horseshit.

• Like 1