Sol Rosenberg

Drip Drip Drip

12 minutes ago, Dog said:

What assistance did they accept from foreign operatives?

That is a thought provoking question, but it does not track the law for some reason.  

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That is a thought provoking question, but it does not track the law for some reason.  

Does it have to track the law? (whatever that means). It was directed at Gov who indicated that the Trump campaign accepted assistance from foreign operatives.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Does it have to track the law? (whatever that means). It was directed at Gov who indicated that the Trump campaign accepted assistance from foreign operatives.

Only if you are discussing whether he broke the law. 

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Only if you are discussing whether he broke the law. 

If Gov is correct and the Trump campaign did accepted assistance from a foreign operative would that "Track the law"?

23 minutes ago, Dog said:

Sensitive and confidential info about Hillary- JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE EMAIL

Just now, Clove Hitch said:

There sure is a lot of support and deflection from the non-Trump supporters here.  

If the shoe were on the other foot would you defend or accuse?

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

If the shoe were on the other foot would you defend or accuse?

I didn't vote for Clinton, but if the Trans-human party candidate did accept aid from foreign operatives, I would hope he is held accountable. 

4 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Sensitive and confidential info about Hillary- JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE EMAIL

Surely their goose is cooked now

that is conspiracy..... plus the evidence of the time-line.

First of all we had the British produced Steele dossier with the pee pee mention.... most of that has come true so far

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump–Russia_dossier

now we have this other englishman

Rob goldstone who is throwing the Trumps to the wolves

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40567707

The puppeteer behind this can be no other than

Mild mannered Gran from Windsor - our very own Brenda

QUeen-elizabeth_3240651c.jpg

1 hour ago, Dog said:

That would be in the email address.

So, the email gets delivered specifically to Trump Tower, where it can be read?

Just now, Bus Driver said:

So, the email gets delivered specifically to Trump Tower, where it can be read?

I understand that it can be read in other locations but there is little doubt it resides on some server in Trump Tower. Hence my suspicion that the people leaking this to the NYT work in Trump Tower and not the White house.

29 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

Surely their goose is cooked now

that is conspiracy..... plus the evidence of the time-line.

First of all we had the British produced Steele dossier with the pee pee mention.... most of that has come true so far

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump–Russia_dossier

now we have this other englishman

Rob goldstone who is throwing the Trumps to the wolves

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40567707

The puppeteer behind this can be no other than

Mild mannered Gran from Windsor - our very own Brenda

QUeen-elizabeth_3240651c.jpg

The Steele dossier maintained that the Putin machine was funneling anti-Hillary information to the Trump campaign. That has now been shown to be true. The rest will be along shortly.

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The Steele dossier maintained that the Putin machine was funneling anti-Hillary information to the Trump campaign. That has now been shown to be true. The rest will be along shortly.

Really....How has the funneling of anti-Hillary information from the Putin machine to the Trump campaign been shown to be true?

Including the stuff about Brenda masterminding it all via her agent Theresa

nintchdbpict000327036696.jpg?strip=all&w

her evil tentacles stretch even into the white house.

The queen, head puppetmistress, has never liked Mr Trump ever since he built that golf course in scotland...plus he does not even like horses.  All that aside,  I think she is the sweetest looking head of state in the world.

chelsea_queen.jpg?itok=YlEoGyD3

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Really....How has the funneling of anti-Hillary information from the Putin machine to the Trump campaign been shown to be true?

It became part of the record when Trump Jr released the full-text content of the email he received.

DEd13O9XgAEjted.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Have you even bothered to read DonJr's email?   

They called her a "Russian government lawyer"

What was the subject line of the email again, Dog? 

You need to get a grip and stop shaming yourself. 

Trump Jr solicited information from an enemy state to harm a U.S. candidate for president. Is it any clearer to you Dog? Are you finally angry enough to condemn what is happening or have you lost your morality in all this?

"Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email. 

The email to the younger Mr. Trump was sent by Rob Goldstone, a publicist and former British tabloid reporter who helped broker the June 2016 meeting. In a statement on Sunday, Mr. Trump acknowledged that he was interested in receiving damaging information about Mrs. Clinton, but gave no indication that he thought the lawyer might have been a Kremlin proxy. 

Mr. Goldstone’s message, as described to The New York Times by the three people, indicates that the Russian government was the source of the potentially damaging information. It does not elaborate on the wider effort by Moscow to help the Trump campaign. There is no evidence to suggest that the promised damaging information was related to Russian government computer hacking that led to the release of thousands of Democratic National Committee emails. 

But the email is likely to be of keen interest to the Justice Department and congressional investigators, who are examining whether any of President Trump’s associates colluded with the Russian government to disrupt last year’s election. American intelligence agencies have determined that the Russian government attempted to sway the election in favor of Mr. Trump."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-russia-email-candidacy.html

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Quit!! Just Quit with Your asinine deflection.

they went to a meeting hoping to get information from a foreign government operative. ( that is what the invitation  email offered) 

it doesn't matter whether the person they met was a foreign operative with  great info or a  seventh grade kid wannabe journalist doing it for his school paper.

they son of the candidate, the hubby of the girl with the big boobs Gropenfuhrer wants to fuck, and the head of Gropenfuhrer's campaign went to the meeting for no other reason than hoping to commit a felony 

here ya go Poochie Poo.  . Have another distraction 

I can't help but wonder if someone steered all these Trumpies to hire Clinton lawyers. Imagine, paying huge retainers to get this kind of advice? What else could it be?

6 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Quit!! Just Quit with Your asinine deflection.

they went to a meeting hoping to get information from a foreign government operative. ( that is what the invitation  email offered) 

it doesn't matter whether the person they met was a foreign operative with  great info or a  seventh grade kid wannabe journalist doing it for his school paper.

they son of the candidate, the hubby of the girl with the big boobs Gropenfuhrer wants to fuck, and the head of Gropenfuhrer's campaign went to the meeting for no other reason than hoping to commit a felony 

here ya go Poochie Poo.  . Have another distraction 

Hey. Gov. you claimed the Trump campaign got assistance from a foreign agent not me. When I asked you to support your own claim you respond with this shit. That's pretty fucking weak.

38 minutes ago, Dog said:

I understand that it can be read in other locations but there is little doubt it resides on some server in Trump Tower. Hence my suspicion that the people leaking this to the NYT work in Trump Tower and not the White house.

Let's cut the shit with the unfavorable terminology.

Whoever is passing this information to

the press is (are) a national hero(s). 

Whistle blower might be ok.

considering how our recent Presidents' whistle blowers have had sudden urges to commit suicide ( examples: Vince Foster,  James Howard Hatfield) releasing this information informing us of these dastardly deeds is a heroic move.

When the smoke clears, if it ever does and if the investigation finds felonies were committed, the whistle blower should receive the Congressional Medal of Honor. 

You guys really need a reality check.

What you don't have, Evidence the Russian lawyer delivered any damaging information,  She denies she ever had it or any connection to the Kremlin, anything to indicate Trump asked for damaging information or offered anything in return for damaging information, Basically, you have no evidence of collusion.

What you do have: Donald Jr. took a meeting that he should not have taken, it was stupid especially in light of Rob Goldstone' s referring to the lawyer as a "Russian Government attorney" or the ridiculous reference to a "Crown prosecutor of Russia". It all makes the campaign look inept. Some have argued that simply agreeing to talk to the Russian lawyer constitutes a crime, good luck with that one.

You guys need to get a grip and a lot more drip drip.

13 minutes ago, Dog said:

Hey. Gov. you claimed the Trump campaign got assistance from a foreign agent not me. When I asked you to support your own claim you respond with this shit. That's pretty fucking weak.

One thing at a time:

The Trump campaign is currently being accused of "seeking out support from  a foreign agent." 

The accusations are quite specific. There seems to be evidence supporting the accusations.

Unless the email is found to be fake and the meeting is proven not to have occurred, I am ready to convict on "attempted illegal disruption of an American Election "

analogy: Your three guys, already under investigation as rapists, went to the park one night because they got an email telling them a woman would be there alone.

They went to the park, admit it was to fuck  her, but the girl was ugly and engaged them in a brief conversation about adoption.

We haven't nailed the last board  on the gallows for these three fuckers yet. They are WAY to slippery. We are putting together the case. 

They went to the meeting. We know that. That is damning all by itself. 

You could work to fully expose them as exactly who they are. 

Or you can continue to obstruct.

Quit defending the indefensible !!! 

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

What you don't have, Evidence the Russian lawyer delivered any damaging information,  She denies she ever had it or any connection to the Kremlin, anything to indicate Trump asked for damaging information or offered anything in return for damaging information, Basically, you have no evidence of collusion.

What you do have: Donald Jr. took a meeting that he should not have taken, it was stupid especially in light of Rob Goldstone' s referring to the lawyer as a "Russian Government attorney" or the ridiculous reference to a "Crown prosecutor of Russia". It all makes the campaign look inept. Some have argued that simply agreeing to talk to the Russian lawyer constitutes a crime, good luck with that one.

According to the Washington Post, just a minute ago, Robert Mueller has stated that they will examine those emails very soon. You don't need evidence of damaging material Dog, the fact that they conspired to meet with a promise of obtaining information is enough for a conviction.

The one who needs to get a grip is you. Take off the sunglasses.

Collusion is now one degree of separation from the vulgarian.  The next actions in order are asking what did he know, and when did he know it?

2 minutes ago, SV Airlie said:

What we see is the Russian lawyer said there was damaging crap on HC. and Donnie didn't think it was worth using. Trump is a chip off his father's block. Luckily he's rich because rich people can afford to be stupid.

Bullshit...The Russian lawyer said no such thing.

Just now, Spatial Ed said:

Collusion is now one degree of separation from the vulgarian.  The next actions in order are asking what did he know, and when did he know it?

Trumpies that come here need to know that THIS is what a real email scandal looks like

7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

According to the Washington Post, just a minute ago, Robert Mueller has stated that they will examine those emails very soon. You don't need evidence of damaging material Dog, the fact that they conspired to meet with a promise of obtaining information is enough for a conviction.

The one who needs to get a grip is you. Take off the sunglasses.

Like I said, good luck with that.

Edit:  Do you think Trump's lawyer would have agreed to the release of the emails if he thought that was a realistic possibility?

11 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

One thing at a time:

The Trump campaign is currently being accused of "seeking out support from  a foreign agent." 

The accusations are wuite specific. There seems to be evidence supporting the accusations.

unlessvtge email is found to be fake and the meeting is proven not to have occurred, I am ready to convict on "attempted illegal disruption of an American Election "

analogy: Your three guys,?already under investigation as rapists, went to the park one night because they got an email telling them a woman would be there alone.

They went to the park, admit it was to fuck  her, but the girl was ugly and engaged them in a brief conversation about adoption.

Quit defending the indefensible !!! 

Well they can always run the entrapment defence.

Just now, Shortforbob said:

Well they can always run the entrapment defence.

It wasn't the cops who set up the meeting. 

1 hour ago, Dog said:

If Gov is correct and the Trump campaign did accepted assistance from a foreign operative would that "Track the law"?

I've posted the link to the law and quoted it several times.  Perhaps reading it would be of help to you.  If memory serves, I posted it in response to your post about Donzo not knowing the woman was Russian, or whatever yesterday's version of the story was.  

speaking of that, 

DEdoxfUUMAAgq_-.jpg

Was the person who started that bit about him not knowing she was russian (when he clearly did, unless he avoided reading his emails like you avoid citations to the actual law in question) just spreading a version of the relative truth, or perhaps not placing a high priority on the actual truth when they said that?  

I don't see criminal behavior. I see the usual: unethical behavior, lies, and more lies. 

I think the proper response is to make the next head of ethics office _not_ appointed by this president. Declare emergency situation and create a bipartisan search committee, perhaps formed of members of the committee for Veterans affairs which seems to be functioning as Congress should function. I don't care if they defund the original department and create a new one to get it done.

Second, invite the Atty General, his deputy and the White House Counsel to a "friendly" meeting with the outgoing ethics chief and tell him to lay into them with a lecture on how telling the truth in the future will help America. Direct them to spread the gospel in the Administration. He should next allow an uncomfortable silence, and then walk out.

The deputy Atty General is there as a witness to the proceedings, and can sit with the ethics chief if he chooses.

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

Edit:  Do you think Trump's lawyer would have agreed to the release of the emails if he thought that was a realistic possibility?

Where does it say a lawyer gave permission to do that? I don't know of a single lawyer who would open a client to prosecution.

21 minutes ago, Dog said:

Whatever you do, don't read the actual law to see what it prohibits.  

13 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

I don't see criminal behavior. I see the usual: unethical behavior, lies, and more lies. 

I think the proper response is to make the next head of ethics office _not_ appointed by this president. Declare emergency situation and create a bipartisan search committee, perhaps formed of members of the committee for Veterans affairs which seems to be functioning as Congress should function. I don't care if they defund the original department and create a new one to get it done.

Second, invite the Atty General, his deputy and the White House Counsel to a "friendly" meeting with the outgoing ethics chief and tell him to lay into them with a lecture on how telling the truth in the future will help America. Direct them to spread the gospel in the Administration. He should next allow an uncomfortable silence, and then walk out.

The deputy Atty General is there as a witness to the proceedings, and can sit with the ethics chief if he chooses.

Material illegally obtained and used against an American candidate for office is borderline treason, We already have three Congressional inquiries, an FBI investigation, and an Independent Counsel. what in heaven's name would we need yet another solution?

9 minutes ago, ease the sheet said:

A thing of value.

That's some serious wriggle room...

opposition research costs money.  Some guys get paid very well for it.  

The similarity to the Nixon, and Reagan Administrations is eerie.....

I simply love the fact the Christian Right is stuck defending sleazy immoral behavior because man hasn't written enough laws to enforce God's laws. 

21 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Would you mind Copying and Pasting?  I have used up my articles for this month, and refuse to pay a subscription...

Billy, Billy, Billy. Go to your settings, erase nyt storage and cookies. Shebang, you're brand new

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Whatever you do, don't read the actual law to see what it prohibits.  

Has no one noticed that she's kind of cute?

Yeah, I know that's bad grammar, but try to pay attention, okay?

3 hours ago, Dog said:

Mine are, they pop up right here on my physical computer screen. I suppose it could have been a hack job but I still think it more likely the leakers worked in Trump Tower than in the White house.

That doesn't mean they're delivered to your computer. It means your computer can access them from the server... which if you're talking about a standard email account would be situated in a server farm somewhere owned by your ISP. Which is not in your house. 

Email addresses are not a physical address. They are not even a reference to a specific computer. Seriously... best not talking about something you are clearly not fluent on even the basics.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Sure. And it probably resides in a server outside Trump Tower too. And in an offsite back-up. Probably copies of it on a few devices/computers as well.

Trump has been lying for months about there being no meetings with people representing Russia.

Now that there's proof, the story is..."well..we didn't get anything from THAT meeting."

And we're supposed to believe it?

Donald Jr could/should have gone straight to the F.B.I. and gone on the record about what transpired during that meeting.

Instead, he lied about it.  Multiple times.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

If I agreed to meet with someone who told me they were going to murder my wife for me, and the purpose of the meeting was to go over the plan and to arrange payment, but then at the meeting it looked they were unable to carry out the plan and no murder happened, did a crime occur as a result of the meeting happening?

Also, do you not realize that the very fact of meeting people purporting to be agents of the Russian government to obtain political dirt (very likely illegally obtained if it was hacked DNC email etc.) under such circumstances makes Trump Jr., Manafort and company subject to blackmail and leverage.  Why do you think they, and Sessions etc. have always had as their first instinct to deny that such meetings happened and only acknowledge them when they are dug up and exposed by the press or investigators?  Not the behavior of a group that is dealing above board.

Edited by BrickTopHarry
Appended content

3 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Trump has been lying for months about there being no meetings with people representing Russia.

Now that there's proof, the story is..."well..we didn't get anything from THAT meeting."

And we're supposed to believe it?

Donald Jr could/should have gone straight to the F.B.I. and gone on the record about what transpired during that meeting.

Instead, he lied about it.  Multiple times.

Isn't he dreamy?  

I have to see it is amazing to watch an investigative press actually doing their job. 

No longer a drip I'd say the flood gates are opening and our country as we know it is about to end.   

Just now, TMSAIL said:

I have to see it is amazing to watch an investigative press actually doing their job. 

No longer a drip I'd say the flood gates are opening and our country as we know it is about to end.   

Expand that thought TM, how is the country as we know it going to end?

Ah,    remember the good old days when the president was just leaning on the director of the FBI to lay off Michael Flynn ?   Those were the days.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

“This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr Trump.”

Just now, badlatitude said:

Expand that thought TM, how is the country as we know it going to end?

I think a lot of this is the direct action of an inept and delusional Trump administration. 

That said I believe many on the left would react in this same manner regardless of who was president.  They expected Hillary they demand Hillary.  It could have been Rubio Kasich or any of the others.  If they succeed in removing Trump they will have learned that anger and protest with a willing media can overturn an election.  This is Bork at the presidential level

8 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

If they succeed in removing Trump they will have learned that anger and protest with a willing media can overturn an election.

Right. Nothing at all to do with the actions of Trump and his campaign. Nothing at all to do with the Republican Party deciding that his actions are worth impeaching. If he is removed, it must be the anger, protest, and a willing media. 

Can't even bring yourself to admit that Trump's team fucked up without trying to make it an issue about "the left". That's fucking pathetic, TMSAIL, and I think even you realise that. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

I think a lot of this is the direct action of an inept and delusional Trump administration. 

That said I believe many on the left would react in this same manner regardless of who was president.  They expected Hillary they demand Hillary.  It could have been Rubio Kasich or any of the others.  If they succeed in removing Trump they will have learned that anger and protest with a willing media can overturn an election.  This is Bork at the presidential level

What a crock.

It will be the rule of law the removes trump, not anger or protest or a media exercising their rights as laid down by the founding fathers.

3 minutes ago, ease the sheet said:

Does money have to change hands?

I really hope this goes to a jury.

Does the law say that money must change hands?  

1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

Thank you for replying. I respect your feelings and have struggled to understand the Trump phenomena which is why I am asking. You may be right about Dems going ballistic over the election, and there were just too many screwy things in the background that pissed people off. Too many things didn't seem legitimate, Comey, the email, Wikileaks, all did an excellent job of arguably overturning an election so, in many people's minds, it was already done. When people don't think there is a fair shake they will be pissed, I know you would feel the same had roles been reversed.

We need to have a long and honest conversation about elections and campaign finance if we want to restore confidence to our systems. Most importantly, we need to remove the foreign influence permanently. Until we feel that when we cast a ballot it is genuine, we will continue to have difficulties, cleaning this crap up will go a long way to restore lost confidence.

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Does the law say that money must change hands?  

I interpret 'a thing of value' to be a thing, which includes, but doesn't need to be money. But I won't be on that jury.

I'm guessing there is no case law? Donny and his elk seem to be breaking new ground.

7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Thank you for replying. I respect your feelings and have struggled to understand the Trump phenomena which is why I am asking. You may be right about Dems going ballistic over the election, and there were just too many screwy things in the background that pissed people off. Too many things didn't seem legitimate, Comey, the email, Wikileaks, all did an excellent job of arguably overturning an election so, in many people's minds, it was already done. When people don't think there is a fair shake they will be pissed, I know you would feel the same had roles been reversed.

We need to have a long and honest conversation about elections and campaign finance if we want to restore confidence to our systems. Most importantly, we need to remove the foreign influence permanently. Until we feel that when we cast a ballot it is genuine, we will continue to have difficulties, cleaning this crap up will go a long way to restore lost confidence.

I agree with all of that

7 minutes ago, ease the sheet said:

I interpret 'a thing of value' to be a thing, which includes, but doesn't need to be money. But I won't be on that jury.

I'm guessing there is no case law? Donny and his elk seem to be breaking new ground.

Yeah, a thing of value is something that has value, which can be but is not limited to money.  People do opposition research for a living.  They get paid for it. It is a thing of value.  The problem comes in when someone solicits or accepts it from a foreign national.  They don't even have to get it, just solicit. Or accept.  

"Hey, do you want this bronzed dingleberry we plucked from my grandpappy's wrinkled butt crack? "  

"I love it, if it's true.  Especially later in the summer, when the heat gets it smelling good and ripe!"  

Hold onto your hats, comrades, it's going to be a bumpy ride.  

edit: Somebody needs to gag both of those idiots, and take away their phones...for their own good.  And ours.  

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yeah, a thing of value is something that has value, which can be but is not limited to money.  People do opposition research for a living.  They get paid for it. It is a thing of value.  The problem comes in when someone solicits or accepts it from a foreign national.  They don't even have to get it, just solicit. Or accept.  

"Hey, do you want this bronzed dingleberry we plucked from my grandpappy's wrinkled butt crack? "  

"I love it, if it's true.  Especially later in the summer, when the heat gets it smelling good and ripe!"  

Hold onto your hats, comrades, it's going to be a bumpy ride.  

Your first paragraph was all that was required. It's breakfast time here....

Given the recent spate of electoral malfeasance, and GOP role in twisting the electorate through gerrymandering and voter roll purges, and in light of Bush v Gore being settled amicably because Democrats chose country over party, and having rather quickly settled on a SCOTUS appointee once Republican intransigence was no longer in the way, I am struck by how Democrats are left as the patriotic party after this Trumpian debacle. 

The GOP is anti-ethics, pro liars, against the middle class, fighting to skew elections and accepting, nay REQUESTING, the assistance of foreign powers to fling dirt and alter our electoral landscape. And this is after the previous Republican administration left a shattered economy and two unpaid wars for the Dems to clean up. 

Want to MAGA? Vote Democrat. We are milquetoast in many ways... our foreign debacles kill 4 instead of 4,000, our emails were left unsecured but at least they weren't setting up back channels to Russia or revealing "forgotten meetings."

The GOP OWNS this. 

6 minutes ago, ease the sheet said:

Your first paragraph was all that was required. It's breakfast time here....

Please tell me you were not eating Cocoa Puffs.  

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Please tell me you were not eating Cocoa Puffs.  

Sultana bran with strawberries

Interesting fun fact. Undigested sultanas and raisins can absorb moisture from the digestive tract and can become grapes.

42 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

So, he was utterly unqualified to be President.

And because the left cares about the US, and is apoplectic there's such an inept delusional moron in the White House, it's their fault.

Fuck you. Trump is a unique threat to the US. Only a traitor doesn't realize that.

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

So, he was utterly unqualified to be President.

And because the left cares about the US, and is apoplectic there's such an inept delusional moron in the White House, it's their fault.

Fuck you. Trump is a unique threat to the US. Only a traitor doesn't realize that.

The left cares about power and winning elections,  just like the GOP.   Country has very little to do with it.   

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I smell treason in your blood TM.

Oh Fuck Off with your childish taunts.  

12 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Oh Fuck Off with your childish taunts.  

Mate, you just said country has "very little to do with" what "the left" cares about. You got no moral authority to complain about childish taunts, TMS.