Sol Rosenberg

Drip Drip Drip

What did the Mueller report say about the relationship between the obstruction of justice and the ability to investigate conspiracy with Russia?

11 hours ago, warbird said:

When the level that US tax code subsidizes(?) Industry equals trading partner's industry subsidies to their industries we will be on equal footing. That may take years to sort out but it seems many countries were rather quick to re consider...

What does that tell you?

That you’re an idiot.

43 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

That you’re an idiot.

And a confused one at that.

Rumor has it that Trumps’ Deutsche Bank loans are co-signed by Russian oligarchs. 

Take it with a grain of salt - one source story on MSNBC. 

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Rumor has it that Trumps’ Deutsche Bank loans are co-signed by Russian oligarchs. 

Troubling if true.

17 minutes ago, Sean said:

9 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Troubling if true.

Would donnie not have to divulge minor, trifling information like that before taking the orfice of President.

Was he conflicted?

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Game changer if true me thinks. 

Nope. He would still be on the ballot against a democRAT. The Faithful don’t care about Russia attacking the US. They care about the GOP. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Nope. He would still be on the ballot against a democRAT. The Faithful don’t care about Russia attacking the US. They care about the GOP. 

I’d like to believe that there aren’t enough Truly Faithful to get him elected with something like this around his neck. But then I didn’t believe he would win the last election either. 

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

I’d like to believe that there aren’t enough Truly Faithful to get him elected with something like this around his neck. But then I didn’t believe he would win the last election either. 

Trump is the Blanche DuBois of the GOP.  He has always depended on the stupidity of his base.

Reading reports RE Russian co-signers on multiple reputable sites.  Those tax returns are going to Nader. Trump can’t stop the release. 

If this is what they say it is I love it.  Impeachment will go forward.

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Reading reports RE Russian co-signers on multiple reputable sites.  Those tax returns are going to Nader. Trump can’t stop the release. 

Delivered in a Corvair?

7 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Cue the Trump Shitspinner switching to turbo in 3,2,1...........Fakenews, old loans, a misunderstanding, its the DemocRats fault........It’s a witch-hunt.....

7 hours ago, Sean said:

I still don’t think it will matter. Even if the Faithful did put the country before the Party, there are other obstacles to overcome. 

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/459067-mississippi-officials-confirm-multiple-cases-of-voting-machines-changing

Trumps threat of impeachment is from the right. I’ve compared the GOP to a pack of hyenas before & I do it again now.

They detest him and can’t wait to rend him limb from limb. But they are cowardly, and so are waiting until he’s vulnerable.

But he shouldn’t trust them for a moment. They will strike when & if he’s been bled and he turns his back on them.

21 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Trumps threat of impeachment is from the right. I’ve compared the GOP to a pack of hyenas before & I do it again now.

They detest him and can’t wait to rend him limb from limb. But they are cowardly, and so are waiting until he’s vulnerable.

But he shouldn’t trust them for a moment. They will strike when & if he’s been bled and he turns his back on them.

At which point he'll get the D label on Fox and our patriotic elk will remind us that they never supported him. Even long lost Dog will reappear. Everyone will be small governmenty and strictly fiscally conservative. They'll say that the country should come together and let bygones be bygones. And stuff.

19 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

At which point he'll get the D label on Fox and our patriotic elk will remind us that they never supported him. Even long lost Dog will reappear. Everyone will be small governmenty and strictly fiscally conservative. They'll say that the country should come together and let bygones be bygones. And stuff.

We're going to need a new name for the angry patriots whose grass roots movement springs up from nowhere without help from FreedomWorks, to rebrand The Party again.  TEA Party is taken, but it needs to be similarly catchy, and trendy.  Milk of Magnesia Party?  

And Philly, they don't hate him as much as they hate the democRATS.  He is part of The Party.  That comes first.  He is The Party's B.A.E., and the democRATS are the enemy. 

Just a reminder that all this Trump hysteria is small potatoes.

Today is the fifth anniversary of a real outrage -

65F5DD72-C541-48B7-9573-0965C945B848.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sean said:

Just a reminder that all this Trump hysteria is small potatoes.

Today is the fifth anniversary of a real outrage -

65F5DD72-C541-48B7-9573-0965C945B848.jpeg

jinx!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

We're going to need a new name for the angry patriots whose grass roots movement springs up from nowhere without help from FreedomWorks, to rebrand The Party again.  TEA Party is taken, but it needs to be similarly catchy, and trendy.  Milk of Magnesia Party?  

And Philly, they don't hate him as much as they hate the democRATS.  He is part of The Party.  That comes first.  He is The Party's B.A.E., and the democRATS are the enemy. 

The True Conservatives because they’re all about the truth and they’re all about conservativism.

12 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

The True Conservatives because they’re all about the truth and they’re all about conservativism.

They wouldn't know conservative values if they walked up and bit them on the ass.  How many of these True Conservatives are making so much as a peep about the trillion dollar deficit?  Not to sound cross.  I hold people without principles in very high esteem....  

MSNBC anchor Lawrence O’Donnell issued an apology for running with a single-source claim about President Trump and Deutsche Bank.

Said O’Donnell: “Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an itemabout the president’s finances that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process. I shouldn’t have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air.”

40 minutes ago, Sean said:

MSNBC anchor Lawrence O’Donnell issued an apology for running with a single-source claim about President Trump and Deutsche Bank.

Said O’Donnell: “Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an itemabout the president’s finances that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process. I shouldn’t have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air.”

Note that this is not a retraction.

• Like 2

Reminded today of a Trump quote...

"I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

"I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today."

"extremely strong and powerful" = He said he would not call my loans if I blew off the Ukraine business. 

2 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

"I have great confidence in my intelligence, people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today."

FIFY

• Like 1

Maybe Trump is an honorary Russian Oligarch?  I wonder how many Republicans might be....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Olsonist said:

The white lie is a good thing, because it lubricates society?

cant resist-

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Amati said:

Maybe Trump is an honorary Russian Oligarch?  I wonder how many Republicans might be....

Trump probably isn't rich enough....he would be an Oligarch's lap dog.

6 minutes ago, bridhb said:

Trump probably isn't rich enough....he would be an Oligarch's lap dog.

That is the brilliance of the financial leverage that the Russian business model brings to the table, and why they hit above their weight so effectively- the low bid works so well when it comes to the susceptible.

10 minutes ago, Amati said:

Trump survives (and prospers?) because of the complicity, if not collusion, of the GOP heirarchy...... Why else would they put up with, let alone support, such an impulsive, erratic, crass, insincere, adulterous, sexist, racist, egomaniacal, dictatorial, treacherous, fraudulent, bankrupt, corrupt and habitually lying fuckwit....... unless they have also benefitted handsomely from his shitfuckery??

And top 1% tax cuts and NRA/Russian payoffs, I bet, are just the tip of the iceberg....... 

He really is the complete package. The faults of all previous US Presidents rolled into one, and then some. 

PS: Where is proposed venue in the US for the next G7 Conference? Any guesses as to who will be a “special guest”?

1 minute ago, Sidecar said:

Trump survives (and prospers?) because of the complicity, if not collusion, of the GOP heirarchy...... Why else would they put up with, let alone support, such an impulsive, erratic, crass, insincere, adulterous, sexist, racist, egomaniacal, dictatorial, treacherous, fraudulent, bankrupt, corrupt and habitually lying fuckwit....... unless they have also benefitted handsomely from his shitfuckery??

And top 1% tax cuts and NRA/Russian payoffs, I bet, are just the tip of the iceberg....... 

He really is the complete package. The faults of all previous US Presidents rolled into one, and then some. 

PS: Where is proposed venue in the US for the next G7 Conference? Any guesses as to who will be a “special guest”?

Unless the hurricane bearing down on Florida is the wrath of GOD HIMSELF?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Amati said:

Unless the hurricane bearing down on Florida is the wrath of GOD HIMSELF?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If our One and Only Superior God wanted to punish folks for Trump, the storm would be headed north, where former hurricanes become Superstorms and wreak havoc, not Florida. 

I can assure you that Marjory Merriweather Post’s Palm Beach estate has seen plenty of hurricanes before. 

That said, conditions seem ripe for this storm to be nasty. Not many impediments in its path, and lots of warm water to fuel it. 

10 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

If our One and Only Superior God wanted to punish folks for Trump, the storm would be headed north, where former hurricanes become Superstorms and wreak havoc, not Florida. 

I can assure you that Marjory Merriweather Post’s Palm Beach estate has seen plenty of hurricanes before. 

That said, conditions seem ripe for this storm to be nasty. Not many impediments in its path, and lots of warm water to fuel it. 

I was kind of praying for precision cosmic targeting, but that’s more like a tornado.

On the serious side, stay safe and in one piece-

Suppose, just suppose, that the One and Only Superior God were anti-Semitic.  After all, Jews were complicit in the crucifixion of his alleged one and only son.  Further suppose, that Trump is The Chosen One and that American Jews who vote DemocRAT are being disloyal to Trump.  Then what better place than Florida to drop in a hurricane and surgically hit the DemocRAT voting, Jewish areas.  :rolleyes::lol:

5 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Suppose, just suppose, that the One and Only Superior God were anti-Semitic.  After all, Jews were complicit in the crucifixion of his alleged one and only son.  Further suppose, that Trump is The Chosen One and that American Jews who vote DemocRAT are being disloyal to Trump.  Then what better place than Florida to drop in a hurricane and surgically hit the DemocRAT voting, Jewish areas.  :rolleyes::lol:

This is how theology :lol: keeps agnostics in the church.....

Just now, Amati said:

I was kind of praying for precision cosmic targeting, but that’s more like a tornado.

On the serious side, stay safe and in one piece-

I’m concerned with the models taking it through PB. Not because PB will suffer. They won’t. They will get prompt courteous service due to the Best Americans. But those models show the storm going directly to Lake Okeechobee, where the dike on the southern side is not the strongest, thanks to an infrastructure project that has been less than robustly pursued over the years. Bad history there. 

Those models show it turning there and heading up the center of the state. That area flows into...lake O. But this far out means that it will prolly change. 

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I’m concerned with the models taking it through PB. Not because PB will suffer. They won’t. They will get prompt courteous service due to the Best Americans. But those models show the storm going directly to Lake Okeechobee, where the dike on the southern side is not the strongest, thanks to an infrastructure project that has been less than robustly pursued over the years. Bad history there. 

Those models show it turning there and heading up the center of the state. That area flows into...lake O. But this far out means that it will prolly change. 

Yikes!

38 minutes ago, Amati said:

This is how theology :lol: keeps agnostics in the church.....

Give until it hurts and then give some more.  The 2nd collection today is to cover the maintenance bill on the Rev’s Mercedes.

1 minute ago, jerseyguy said:

Give until it hurts and then give some more.  The 2nd collection today is to cover the maintenance bill on the Rev’s Mercedes.

Engine mounts?  Or Chrysler auto transmission?  Assuming it’s that old....;)

Just now, Amati said:

Engine mounts?  Or Chrysler auto transmission?  Assuming it’s that old....;)

Mega church Rev.  Newer Benz

3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Mega church Rev.  Newer Benz

Then he’s ok, unless he overextended and didn’t get the 100,000 mile warranty.  S classes can be expensive-

3 minutes ago, Amati said:

Then he’s ok, unless he overextended and didn’t get the 100,000 mile warranty.  S classes can be expensive-

Everything German is expensive. I can attest to this having had 5 Porsches, 4 Audis and a German wife. :o

3 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Everything German is expensive. I can attest to this having had 5 Porsches, 4 Audis and a German wife. :o

They do add up, don’t they?  The extended warranted on the new Audi was eye watering- apparently the new safety equipment gets iffy after 50K.

Delicious as they are, don’t get me started on German pianos-

Just now, Amati said:

They do add up, don’t they?

Rapidly and unendingly.

2 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Rapidly and unendingly.

And yet we keep on buying them....

1 minute ago, Amati said:

And yet we keep on buying them....

That’s because some of us are not too bright.  I finally learned my lesson and the German cars are gone from the garage.  Just a couple of boring, quite reliable American cars.  And so far I have resisted the temptation to buy another boat and get back into racing.  

3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

That’s because some of us are not too bright.  I finally learned my lesson and the German cars are gone from the garage.  Just a couple of boring, quite reliable American cars.  And so far I have resisted the temptation to buy another boat and get back into racing.  

Crap, I bought an old German boat!  Of course it is probably toast in the next 4 days.

1 minute ago, bridhb said:

Crap, I bought an old German boat!  Of course it is probably toast in the next 4 days.

U boat?

5 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

U boat?

It might be in the not too distant future.

Just now, bridhb said:

It might be in the not too distant future.

:lol::rolleyes:

On 8/22/2019 at 10:15 PM, saxdog said:

Do you have any historical data to  support this claim?

What, "that which can't go on forever, won't "?

11 hours ago, Sidecar said:

That's a pretty apt description of Moscow Mitch, right there.

10 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Jews voting Democrat are disloyal to their ancestors....

That Comey guy scoring points with you lefty circle jerk denizens right now?????

Asking for a friend.......

1 minute ago, warbird said:

That Comey guy scoring points with you lefty circle jerk denizens right now?????

Comey's a registered Republican.  What's wrong with you guys?

9 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

pretty funny aint it?

1 hour ago, warbird said:

What, "that which can't go on forever, won't "?

Nope... That doesn't support his contention regarding tariffs. 

17 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Comey got The Smartest Man in the GOP elected. 

• Like 2

Well, it seems like tRump has lost the worker bee vote at Lowe’s.

On a bag of compost, some very polite person had written in tiny handwriting “Donald Trump, I don’t like you.”  The yard guys and the cashiers were pointing it out and laughing about it.  They decided they had to scribble over it because it was inappropriate “at work”.  But...

When I asked if they’d charge me a discount or a premium for that bag, they told me “premium, for sure!”.

• Like 1

A possible new business for Donnie in post-presidential days, Genuine Trump Bullshit for your lawn. 

Ten pounds of Bullshit in a badly-fitting fifteen-pound bag. Wear ear protection while spreading. No money back if it kills your lawn.

• Like 1

Just now, Happy said:

A possible new business for Donnie in post-presidential days, Genuine Trump Bullshit for your lawn. 

Ten pounds of Bullshit in a badly-fitting fifteen-pound bag. Wear ear protection while spreading. No money back if it kills your lawn.

How many hamberders would he have to gulp to create that? It doesn't sound like a profit making deal..... Maybe if he had his kids contribute their share...... There's certainly plenty of bullshit to go around there.....

12 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Don’t you think that you have overdone the understatement?....

Possibly.  But then again, it's also hard to underdo the overstatement.  

I saw that written in tiny handwriting on a bag of potting soil at Lowe's this morning.  The (all caucasian) yard guys and cashiers were checking it out and definitely agreeing with it, but they were on company time so they were getting ready to schmutz it out.  

Seems to me to be a very polite but firm rejection of the Mar-a-lago Mango.

I've never been a Jennifer Rubin fan (she's a neocon) but ...

The right-wing populist canard rests on a premise that works only if the populists never get elected. You know how it goes: Politics is corrupt, the populist “alone” can fix it and those who oppose him are enemies of the state who thwart his ability to fix things. The kicker of course is that right-wing populists, being snake oil salesmen and anti-government nihilists, don’t know how to fix much of anything, and after all the huffing and puffing, the public gets the idea the populist cult leader is an incompetent charlatan. And here I’m not talking about President Trump, or rather only about Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/03/boriss-populist-playbook-implodes/

Except that our elk don't get the idea the populist cult leader is an incompetent charlatan. Or if they get it, they celebrate it. Nihilist is the right word.

9 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Except that our elk don't get the idea the populist cult leader is an incompetent charlatan. Or if they get it, they celebrate it. Nihilist is the right word.

All part of burning the bitch down. 

I need to get myself a sharpie, and go into the supermarket, and start tagging items..... "FUCK TRUMP!"

It's all part of the new Great America. I bet Trump charges them triple rate and feeds them cheap shit.

6 hours ago, Happy said:

It's all part of the new Great America. I bet Trump charges them triple rate and feeds them cheap shit.

It seems they certainly paid a lot more for fuel than they would at the military bases they usually stop at, keeping the airport near his "resort" open.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:55 AM, jerseyguy said:

Thus proving the old adage:

If it floats, flies or fucks...

...it's cheaper to rent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Remodel said:

Thus proving the old adage:

If it floats, flies or fucks...

...it's cheaper to rent.

If you leave out the cost of a divorce it about breaks even.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 8:30 PM, Olsonist said:

I've never been a Jennifer Rubin fan (she's a neocon) but ...

The right-wing populist canard rests on a premise that works only if the populists never get elected. You know how it goes: Politics is corrupt, the populist “alone” can fix it and those who oppose him are enemies of the state who thwart his ability to fix things. The kicker of course is that right-wing populists, being snake oil salesmen and anti-government nihilists, don’t know how to fix much of anything, and after all the huffing and puffing, the public gets the idea the populist cult leader is an incompetent charlatan. And here I’m not talking about President Trump, or rather only about Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/03/boriss-populist-playbook-implodes/

His support comes from people who know he's a fraud because he serves their interests. To Putin and Moscow Mitch, Trump is very much...

e46316c875d63c1c3bc06f4668735c04.jpg

Cognizant that Trump was/is a Russian asset the CIA in 2017 extracted a top spy from the Kremlin. One  that had knowledge of what Putin was doing wrt the 2016 elections.  After the closed door meeting with Russians only in the Oval Office and the Helsinki debacle they moved quickly to save his life.

Tip of the hat to the CIA.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/09/politics/russia-us-spy-extracted/index.html

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Cognizant that Trump was/is a Russian asset the CIA in 2017 extracted a top spy from the Kremlin. One  that had knowledge of what Putin was doing wrt the 2016 elections.  After the closed door meeting with Russians only in the Oval Office and the Helsinki debacle they moved quickly to save his life.

Tip of the hat to the CIA.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/09/politics/russia-us-spy-extracted/index.html

In 2017 after reports had begun to circulate involving intelligence which indicated Putin himself had ordered the interference with our 2016 election. The source of that intelligence included the asset, and the incoming Trump admin was briefed on the report.  "The intelligence community also shared a classified version of the report with the incoming Trump administration, and it included highly protected details on the sources behind the intelligence."

The same article notes that suspicion of the asset's safety had begun at the end of Obama's tenure, given how long the asset had been working for the CIA. 

Fuck Ships, Loose Lips get People Killed.  

I cannot believe they entrusted Trump with that information.  I hope he's tried for treason and shot when he is out of office.  

BREAKING: NBC News is reporting that Michael Cohen has signed a "proffer agreement" with the Manhattan District Attorney's office, agreeing to cooperate in their investigation of the Trump Organization.#Hardball

Embedded video

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The New York District Attorney just gave Michael Cohen a knife, and he is going to turn it very slowly.

Not yet. They can investigate but nothing will happen for 12 or 13 months. 

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Not yet. They can investigate but nothing will happen for 12 or 13 months. 

I am fine with Trump sweating all that time.

It’s amazing what 5 months inside will do to a mans head especially if he knows he’s not pardon material.

I should imagine he could proffer a nice road map of Donnie’s dubious deals, however he might end up feeling down like Epstein while 8 prison guards neglect to perform their regular checks if he’s not careful.

• Like 1