Sol Rosenberg

Drip Drip Drip

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Cite one.

More righteous indignation... try to channel your inner Jeff Beauregard Sessions, the Russian Denial elf

Anyone curious enough to check can go to "Dog's Lies" thread

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DC court of Appeals just ruled that Trump’s CPA firm must turn over his Tax returns to congress.  Next step Supreme Court which based on precedent likely won’t hear the case.

Walls are closing in on all sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fakenews said:

DC court of Appeals just ruled that Trump’s CPA firm must turn over his Tax returns to congress.  Next step Supreme Court which based on precedent likely won’t hear the case.

Walls are closing in on all sides.

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/11/appeals-court-rejects-trump-appeal-of-subpoena-for-tax-returns.html

The appeals panel ordered that the effect of the ruling be put on hold until seven days after the disposition of a petition for a rehearing of the case by either the same panel or for a rehearing of the case by the entire lineup of judges in the 2nd Circuit.

In addition to seeking a rehearing of the case at the 2nd Circuit, Trump can ask the U.S. Supreme Court to take his appeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

DC court of Appeals just ruled that Trump’s CPA firm must turn over his Tax returns to congress.  Next step Supreme Court which based on precedent likely won’t hear the case.

861785694_418011-15242426533538616_origin1.png.d3c0d4ee764fbf84c589124b52a02efd.png

Beaver: Gosh, Wally.  What's the president got to be afraid of?  All he's got to do is show them his tax returns and they will see he's an honest guy.

Wally: You know Beaver, sometimes I think you really are dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 7:49 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yup but that’s where it is headed  in a hurry.  Appellate court granted temporary stay while they do expedited review. That will involve analyzing the likelihood of success on the merits. There are no merits. 

 

 

20 minutes ago, Sean said:

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/11/appeals-court-rejects-trump-appeal-of-subpoena-for-tax-returns.html

The appeals panel ordered that the effect of the ruling be put on hold until seven days after the disposition of a petition for a rehearing of the case by either the same panel or for a rehearing of the case by the entire lineup of judges in the 2nd Circuit.

In addition to seeking a rehearing of the case at the 2nd Circuit, Trump can ask the U.S. Supreme Court to take his appeal.

This will all happen in a hurry.  I would be surprised if they granted an en banc motion for rehearing, as it does not take the entire 2nd Circuit to decide that Article I and Article III of the Constitution do not establish separate and equal branches of government, with no oversight role over the Executive Branch. There will be a quick denial of the rehearing motions, and off to the Supreme Court it will go.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The former US ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, is now sitting down with House committees involved in the impeachment inquiry for a “transcribed interview,” according to a Fox News reporter.

Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram)

1) Fmr Amb to Ukraine Yovanovitch is now appearing for a transcribed interview (not a hearing, nor a deposition) w/Hse Intel, Oversight & Foreign Affairs Cmtes. A mixture of staff and lawmakers are here. But only those from the Intelligence Committee are allowed to pose questions

 

snip

It would appear some conscientious government employees don’t like the WH telling them not to speak with the house.

The walls...are they moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

 

It would appear some conscientious government employees don’t like the WH telling them not to speak with the house.

The walls...are they moving.

The walls were listening and watching. The guardrails of journalism and whistleblowing are holding firm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Guardian

Snip

After more than three decades as a diplomat, under six presidents, she expressed her “deep disappointment and dismay” about what had happened to her faith that “we enjoyed a sacred trust with our government”.

“That basic understanding no longer holds true,” she said. “Today, we see the state department attacked and hollowed out from within.”

The harm would not just come from the exodus of talent, Yovanovitch said.

“The harm will come when private interests circumvent professional diplomats for their own gain, not the public good,” she went on. “The harm will come when bad actors in countries beyond Ukraine see how easy it is to use fiction and innuendo to manipulate our system. In such circumstances, the only interests that will be served are those of our strategic adversaries, like Russia, that spread chaos and attack the institutions and norms that the US helped create and which we have benefited from for the last 75 years.”

When Yovanovitch talked about private interests, it was clear what she was talking about. She had already speculated that it was private interests that were driving a quest led by Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, to have her ousted from her position because of the embassy’s anti-corruption campaign.

The week’s dramatic news provided a vivid split-screen illustration of what private interests entailed. On one side a veteran diplomat walking purposefully through the halls of Congress on her way to testify; on the other, mugshots of Giuliani’s two associates, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, who had worked with Trump’s lawyer to look for dirt on the Bidens, and who had boasted they had helped get rid of Yovanovitch.

 

Snip

Apparently her courage to ignore the WH edict that she not talk to congress has promptly a number of people to break ranks and give their input hope Donnie and Ghouliani get shown to be the self serving bullshit artistes that they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

From the Guardian

Snip

After more than three decades as a diplomat, under six presidents, she expressed her “deep disappointment and dismay” about what had happened to her faith that “we enjoyed a sacred trust with our government”.

“That basic understanding no longer holds true,” she said. “Today, we see the state department attacked and hollowed out from within.”

The harm would not just come from the exodus of talent, Yovanovitch said.

“The harm will come when private interests circumvent professional diplomats for their own gain, not the public good,” she went on. “The harm will come when bad actors in countries beyond Ukraine see how easy it is to use fiction and innuendo to manipulate our system. In such circumstances, the only interests that will be served are those of our strategic adversaries, like Russia, that spread chaos and attack the institutions and norms that the US helped create and which we have benefited from for the last 75 years.”

When Yovanovitch talked about private interests, it was clear what she was talking about. She had already speculated that it was private interests that were driving a quest led by Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, to have her ousted from her position because of the embassy’s anti-corruption campaign.

The week’s dramatic news provided a vivid split-screen illustration of what private interests entailed. On one side a veteran diplomat walking purposefully through the halls of Congress on her way to testify; on the other, mugshots of Giuliani’s two associates, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, who had worked with Trump’s lawyer to look for dirt on the Bidens, and who had boasted they had helped get rid of Yovanovitch.

 

Snip

Apparently her courage to ignore the WH edict that she not talk to congress has promptly a number of people to break ranks and give their input hope Donnie and Ghouliani get shown to be the self serving bullshit artistes that they are.

If what she says is true and not just self-serving CYA, then she deserves the hero of the month award.  Hopefully more to follow her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

If what she says is true and not just self-serving CYA, then she deserves the hero of the month award.  Hopefully more to follow her.

Maybe Sondland has balls equal to hers. We can hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Maybe Sondland has balls equal to hers. We can hope.

I would hope his are bigger than hers.  Both politically and anatomically speaking.

:rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Acting Homeland security sec just resigned.

Now wait for Trump's next border outrage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

Acting Homeland security sec just resigned.

Now wait for Trump's next border outrage. 

Those with principle (or a sense of dread) are running down the hawsers, pushing the rats out of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Acting Homeland security sec just resigned.

Now wait for Trump's next border outrage. 

Rats,  ships, sinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Rats,  ships, sinking

I see we're on the same page here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Acting Homeland security sec just resigned.

Now wait for Trump's next border outrage. 

Got a gig on Fox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

I would hope his are bigger than hers.  Both politically and anatomically speaking.

:rolleyes:

Maybe. She's whip smart, pissed off, and a redhead. All hell could break loose here.

_109197973_gettyimages-1175337376.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Maybe. She's whip smart, pissed off, and a redhead. All hell could break loose here.

_109197973_gettyimages-1175337376.jpg

A ginger.  Stand back and duck.  I had a redhead girlfriend in my early teens.  Wild bitch but I loved her like no other woman in my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Just as soon as he's finished ranting in Louisiana..about an hour from now? Stand by for the abuse on twitter.

I wonder if it will just be "nasty" or more personal.

I'm betting of "very bad and dishonest" and Obama being mentioned . Christ I hate that man.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shortforbob said:

Well Just as soon as he's finished ranting in Louisiana..about an hour from now? Stand by for the abuse on twitter.

I wonder if it will just be "nasty" or more personal.

I'm betting of "very bad and dishonest" and Obama being mentioned . Christ I hate that man.

 

Which one? Trump, Obama, or Christ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Well Just as soon as he's finished ranting in Louisiana..about an hour from now? Stand by for the abuse on twitter.

I wonder if it will just be "nasty" or more personal.

I'm betting of "very bad and dishonest" and Obama being mentioned . Christ I hate that man.

 

Your elk will overcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Apprentice' Contestant Says She Has Documents Corroborating Donald Trump Sexual Assault

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/apprentice-contestant-says-she-has-documents-corroborating-donald-trump-sexual-assault-1249850

Excerpt -

Trump couldn't prevent the lawsuit from moving forward. In response to the argument that the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution barred a sitting president from being sued in state court, the judge responded that "no one is above the law."

Now the case is headed to the home stretch and perhaps a trial right in the midst of the 2020 election. The judge has also ordered parties involved in the case to undergo deposition by Dec. 6. At a hearing earlier in the week, Trump was directed to provide four potential dates for his deposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sean said:

 

Apprentice' Contestant Says She Has Documents Corroborating Donald Trump Sexual Assault

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/apprentice-contestant-says-she-has-documents-corroborating-donald-trump-sexual-assault-1249850

Excerpt -

Trump couldn't prevent the lawsuit from moving forward. In response to the argument that the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution barred a sitting president from being sued in state court, the judge responded that "no one is above the law."

Now the case is headed to the home stretch and perhaps a trial right in the midst of the 2020 election. The judge has also ordered parties involved in the case to undergo deposition by Dec. 6. At a hearing earlier in the week, Trump was directed to provide four potential dates for his deposition.

AGITC will be concerned but optimistic and remind us that this is not an impeachable offense.  Tom will be sad no guns were involved and Jeffie will be all “ did someone say rape?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sean said:

 

Apprentice' Contestant Says She Has Documents Corroborating Donald Trump Sexual Assault

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/apprentice-contestant-says-she-has-documents-corroborating-donald-trump-sexual-assault-1249850

Excerpt -

Trump couldn't prevent the lawsuit from moving forward. In response to the argument that the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution barred a sitting president from being sued in state court, the judge responded that "no one is above the law."

Now the case is headed to the home stretch and perhaps a trial right in the midst of the 2020 election. The judge has also ordered parties involved in the case to undergo deposition by Dec. 6. At a hearing earlier in the week, Trump was directed to provide four potential dates for his deposition.

From the article:

"Plaintiff also contacted Fox News in August 2015 and reported that Defendant had 'invited me to a hotel room under the guise of working for him' but had instead acted inappropriately toward her," continues the memorandum. "The fact that Plaintiff sought legal counsel in 2011 and spoke about this to others including a news organization — years before the events of 2016 at issue in this case — strongly supports the inference that her core narrative is true."

Zervos has also submitted a polygraph test that she says provides supporting evidence in the form of an examiner vouching for her honesty.

Additionally, Zervos has located photographs of a hard copy New York Times edition that contained an article about mortgages. She says it's "the very hard copy that Defendant gave her in December 2007 when he told her that she should default on her mortgage because defaulting on debt obligations was central to his business model."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean said:

At a hearing earlier in the week, Trump was directed to provide four potential dates for his deposition.

Trump has penciled it in for 31 November.  Anyone dumb enough to bet that Trump will be deposed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Trump has penciled it in for 31 November.  Anyone dumb enough to bet that Trump will be deposed?

Speaking of ‘dumb enough’, where is the damn @Dog? His valuable insights seem to be missing at this critical juncture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Speaking of ‘dumb enough’, where is the damn @Dog? His valuable insights seem to be missing at this critical juncture.

He's having a bullshit transfusion. He was running pretty low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impeachment Investigators Exploring Whether Trump Lied to Mueller

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/18/us/politics/trump-mueller-impeachment.html

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON — Impeachment investigators are exploring whether President Trump lied in his written answers to Robert S. Mueller III during the Russia investigation, a lawyer for the House told a federal appeals court on Monday, raising the prospect of bringing an additional basis for a Senate trial over whether to remove Mr. Trump.

The statement — during a hearing in a case over the House’s request for secret grand-jury evidence gathered by Mr. Mueller — came shortly after Mr. Trump said on Twitter that he may provide written answers about the Ukraine affair to impeachment investigators.

“Even though I did nothing wrong, and don’t like giving credibility to this No Due Process Hoax, I like the idea & will, in order to get Congress focused again, strongly consider it!” Mr. Trump wrote, after insulting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

During the Mueller investigation, Mr. Trump refused to testify orally about what he knew and did during the 2016 campaign in relation to Russia’s election interference operation, or his later efforts to impede the special counsel’s inquiry. But he did provide lawyerly written answers to some questions, which were appended to the Mueller report.

On Monday, Douglas Letter, the general counsel for the House, told a federal appeals court panel that impeachment investigators have an “immense” need to see the grand jury evidence — redacted portions of the Mueller report, as well as the underlying testimony transcripts they came from — because Mr. Trump may have lied. 

“Was the president not truthful in his responses to the Mueller investigation?” Mr. Letter said, adding: “I believe the special counsel said the president had been untruthful in some of his answers.”

He was referring to Mr. Mueller’s congressional testimony in July. Near the end of the hearing, a lawmaker brought up Mr. Trump’s written responses and asked whether “his answers showed that he wasn’t always being truthful.” Rather than demurring as he had to similar questions, Mr. Mueller instead appeared to confirm her assessment, responding, “I would say generally.”

Both the lawmaker in July and Mr. Letter on Monday appeared to be referring in particular to the question of whether Mr. Trump lied about his campaign's advance knowledge of and contacts with WikiLeaks about its possession of hacked Democratic emails and plans to publish them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sean said:

Impeachment Investigators Exploring Whether Trump Lied to Mueller

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/18/us/politics/trump-mueller-impeachment.html

Excerpt -

WASHINGTON — Impeachment investigators are exploring whether President Trump lied in his written answers to Robert S. Mueller III during the Russia investigation, a lawyer for the House told a federal appeals court on Monday, raising the prospect of bringing an additional basis for a Senate trial over whether to remove Mr. Trump.

The statement — during a hearing in a case over the House’s request for secret grand-jury evidence gathered by Mr. Mueller — came shortly after Mr. Trump said on Twitter that he may provide written answers about the Ukraine affair to impeachment investigators.

“Even though I did nothing wrong, and don’t like giving credibility to this No Due Process Hoax, I like the idea & will, in order to get Congress focused again, strongly consider it!” Mr. Trump wrote, after insulting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

During the Mueller investigation, Mr. Trump refused to testify orally about what he knew and did during the 2016 campaign in relation to Russia’s election interference operation, or his later efforts to impede the special counsel’s inquiry. But he did provide lawyerly written answers to some questions, which were appended to the Mueller report.

On Monday, Douglas Letter, the general counsel for the House, told a federal appeals court panel that impeachment investigators have an “immense” need to see the grand jury evidence — redacted portions of the Mueller report, as well as the underlying testimony transcripts they came from — because Mr. Trump may have lied. 

“Was the president not truthful in his responses to the Mueller investigation?” Mr. Letter said, adding: “I believe the special counsel said the president had been untruthful in some of his answers.”

He was referring to Mr. Mueller’s congressional testimony in July. Near the end of the hearing, a lawmaker brought up Mr. Trump’s written responses and asked whether “his answers showed that he wasn’t always being truthful.” Rather than demurring as he had to similar questions, Mr. Mueller instead appeared to confirm her assessment, responding, “I would say generally.”

Both the lawmaker in July and Mr. Letter on Monday appeared to be referring in particular to the question of whether Mr. Trump lied about his campaign's advance knowledge of and contacts with WikiLeaks about its possession of hacked Democratic emails and plans to publish them.

Oh hey, didn't that Mueller Report thing that Good Americans didn't read make reference to the investigation being hampered by a number of witnesses Doggy Styling the investigators?  Who knew that could be referencing the Doggy Styler in Chief? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Isn’t it fair to say that the president’s written answers were not only inadequate and incomplete because he didn’t answer many of your questions, but where he did, his answers showed that he wasn’t always being truthful?” Democratic lawmaker Val Demings asked as Mueller testified before the House intelligence panel.

“Generally,” Mueller said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

“Isn’t it fair to say that the president’s written answers were not only inadequate and incomplete because he didn’t answer many of your questions, but where he did, his answers showed that he wasn’t always being truthful?” Democratic lawmaker Val Demings asked as Mueller testified before the House intelligence panel.

“Generally,” Mueller said.

That's just the way he and his buddies from his crew (like Roger Stone) talk.  They bullshit.  It shouldn't be illegal, though it seems to have been for Roger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was only a matter of time before some lawmakers started questioning the honesty of Donnie’s answers to the take home test.

The wall of shit is building up nicely one turd at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

It was only a matter of time before some lawmakers started questioning the honesty of Donnie’s answers to the take home test.

The wall of shit is building up nicely one turd at a time.

Drip drip drip Drip.......:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warbird said:

Drip drip drip Drip.......:lol:

Yep that’s the sound of shit.
Pretty soon Donnie won’t need the bullshit fake tan, he’ll be covered in it

You go right ahead excusing the despicable behaviour though, you’ve already proved dumber than a bag of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Yep that’s the sound of shit.
Pretty soon Donnie won’t need the bullshit fake tan, he’ll be covered in it

You go right ahead excusing the despicable behaviour though, you’ve already proved dumber than a bag of it.

Actually it’s the sound of someone who probably needs a good regimen of Penicillin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it odd that warbird continues to avoid discussion of Trump's fake veteran's charity that funneled money into his election.  I can't recall - what branch and where did warbird serve?  I don't remember reading it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grrr... said:

I find it odd that warbird continues to avoid discussion of Trump's fake veteran's charity that funneled money into his election.  I can't recall - what branch and where did warbird serve?  I don't remember reading it.

If you don't read the report, the things it reports about never happened.  Doggy Style. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grrr... said:

I find it odd that warbird continues to avoid discussion of Trump's fake veteran's charity that funneled money into his election.  I can't recall - what branch and where did warbird serve?  I don't remember reading it.

warbird?

He's a fake warrior, a military phony, a medal cheat. Probably a draft dodger like his hero. Everyone is saying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15742085644212714893825148679953.thumb.jpg.bcb52a06697c7f309c0da21e2e4e60b3.jpg

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

warbird?

He's a fake warrior, a military phony, a medal cheat. Probably a draft dodger like his hero. Everyone is saying it.

Yep, fake through and through......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, warbird said:

Fine tip sharpie....

5 minutes ago, warbird said:

Fine tip sharpie.....

Did you break out the sharpie from trump store.com?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, warbird said:

15742085644212714893825148679953.thumb.jpg.bcb52a06697c7f309c0da21e2e4e60b3.jpg

Yep, fake through and through......

Army Navy surplus? Nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are they? Look like the sort of things my son prints with his 3D printer for playing Board games..only rougher at the edges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

What are they? Look like the sort of things my son prints with his 3D printer for playing Board games..only rougher at the edges.

Apparently they are the current output of American manufacturing with state of the art quality control.  Manufactured to a set of specs for the buckle on a cow's tether that would make a 12th Century French blacksmith weep.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Raz'r said:

warbird?

He's a fake warrior, a military phony, a medal cheat. Probably a draft dodger like his hero. Everyone is saying it.

We normally agree, but, I don't believe Warbird lied about his military service.  He offered too many details.  I wish I could continue to call him a moron.  His basement renovation is testimony to some serious skills.  So I'm going with ignorant.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

We normally agree, but, I don't believe Warbird lied about his military service.  He offered too many details.  I wish I could continue to call him a moron.  His basement renovation is testimony to some serious skills.  So I'm going with ignorant.

 

And willfully ignorant at that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jerseyguy said:

And willfully ignorant at that

Any doubt he's a product of his environment without the skillset to change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

We normally agree, but, I don't believe Warbird lied about his military service.  He offered too many details.  I wish I could continue to call him a moron.  His basement renovation is testimony to some serious skills.  So I'm going with ignorant.

 

This is why I fully support expanded mental health benefits for veterans. Stories like Warbird's are all too common.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, warbird said:

15742085644212714893825148679953.thumb.jpg.bcb52a06697c7f309c0da21e2e4e60b3.jpg

Yep, fake through and through......

 

My father in law was with the 10th Mountain Division in WW II - some souvenirs ..... 

11601DD4-EC27-4608-955C-527420366291.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bhyde said:

This is why I fully support expanded mental health benefits for veterans. Stories like Warbird's are all too common.

I don't know.  I really think he was programmed by an overpowering father to think dems/libs are all bad and he did not have the tools/skills/resources to address it.  He was never in combat but did have the military existence.  I just wish he would quit posting what anyone with a resting pulse knows is false.

PS. Let's leave the gay angle out of the discussion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

I don't know.  I really think he was programmed by an overpowering father to think dems/libs are all bad and he did not have the tools/skills/resources to address it.  He was never in combat but did have the military existence.  I just wish he would quit posting what anyone with a resting pulse knows is false.

PS. Let's leave the gay angle out of the discussion

Wait. What? Gay angle? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Any doubt he's a product of his environment without the skillset to change?

The latter part of your comment is the compelling part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:
1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Any doubt he's a product of his environment without the skillset to change?

The latter part of your comment is the compelling part. 

He doesn't need to change, he'll be history soon. He's just yelling at the people nailing the lid on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazon has some great T shirts for Xmas. I got the boys :

Dark Knight Bridge Security... “None shall pass!”

and “I feel better!” Urgent Care... “ I think I’ll go for a walk!”

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Couldn't possibly have anything to do with Pompeo getting dragged kicking and screaming into the Ukraine affair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gosh is that the time? I should be going....

I’m picking the rats in the kitchen are getting a little too hot.

They love closing ranks around Donnie until the prospect of actual jail time presents as a possibility, then not so much.

Meanwhile in the not too distant future you will witness Donnie say Pomp-who?while casting general dispersions about the mans effacy and of course loyalty .

Watch this space.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike G said:

hahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Couldn't possibly have anything to do with Pompeo getting dragged kicking and screaming into the Ukraine affair.

Couldn't possibly be the bus driven by Sondland just ran him over. I don't think resignation will keep the next AG from knocking on his door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NYT OpEd by Thomas L. Friedman

Mike Pompeo: Last in His Class at West Point in Integrity

The secretary of state’s behavior has been cowardly and self-serving.

It seems like every story you read about Secretary of State Mike Pompeo always includes the sentence that he graduated “first in his class” from West Point. That is not a small achievement. But it is even more impressive in Pompeo’s case when you consider that he finished No. 1 even though he must have flunked all his courses on ethics and leadership. I guess he was really good in math.

I say that because Pompeo has just violated one of the cardinal rules of American military ethics and command: You look out for your soldiers, you don’t leave your wounded on the battlefield and you certainly don’t stand mute when you know a junior officer is being railroaded by a more senior commander, if not outright shot in her back.

The classes on ethics and leadership at West Point would have taught all of that. I can only assume Pompeo failed or skipped them all when you observe his cowardly, slimy behavior as the leader of the State Department. I would never, ever, ever want to be in a trench with that man. Attention all U.S. diplomats: Watch your own backs, because Pompeo won’t.

 

He goes on, quotes Mark from the new testament: “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his soul?” 

 

..."I have only met Pompeo once. I found him in private smart and engaging — but then we didn’t discuss ethics. So many in the State Department have now lost all respect for him — with good reason. His behavior is one of the most shameful things I have seen in 40 years of covering U.S. diplomacy.

How can Pompeo think he’s got what it takes to make the hard decisions needed to lead a nation as president, and send soldiers to war, when he can’t make a clear-cut easy decision to protect one of his own diplomats from being smeared by people acting outside our system.

As two now retired, longtime State Department diplomats, Aaron David Miller and Richard Sokolsky, wrote on CNN.com on Saturday, “At the very least, Pompeo enabled the smear campaign to go unchallenged, acquiesced in the Giuliani back-channel effort with Ukraine and failed to say a word in defense of Bill Taylor, George Kent or Marie Yovanovitch. These are breathtaking acts of craven political cowardice and beneath the dignity of any secretary of state.”

 

Good riddance, ya right wing slime bucket! One more "good man" into Trump's dustbin of ill repute. 

 

Who's next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Couldn't possibly be the bus driven by Sondland just ran him over. I don't think resignation will keep the next AG from knocking on his door.

I'd bet that the Mango announces he doesn't need a Secretary of State *.  As the best brain, he can do it all himself.

 

*  (or Shaesh if his language synapses are on strike again)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

NYT OpEd by Thomas L. Friedman

Mike Pompeo: Last in His Class at West Point in Integrity

The secretary of state’s behavior has been cowardly and self-serving.

It seems like every story you read about Secretary of State Mike Pompeo always includes the sentence that he graduated “first in his class” from West Point. That is not a small achievement. But it is even more impressive in Pompeo’s case when you consider that he finished No. 1 even though he must have flunked all his courses on ethics and leadership. I guess he was really good in math.

I say that because Pompeo has just violated one of the cardinal rules of American military ethics and command: You look out for your soldiers, you don’t leave your wounded on the battlefield and you certainly don’t stand mute when you know a junior officer is being railroaded by a more senior commander, if not outright shot in her back.

The classes on ethics and leadership at West Point would have taught all of that. I can only assume Pompeo failed or skipped them all when you observe his cowardly, slimy behavior as the leader of the State Department. I would never, ever, ever want to be in a trench with that man. Attention all U.S. diplomats: Watch your own backs, because Pompeo won’t.

 

He goes on, quotes Mark from the new testament: “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his soul?” 

 

..."I have only met Pompeo once. I found him in private smart and engaging — but then we didn’t discuss ethics. So many in the State Department have now lost all respect for him — with good reason. His behavior is one of the most shameful things I have seen in 40 years of covering U.S. diplomacy.

How can Pompeo think he’s got what it takes to make the hard decisions needed to lead a nation as president, and send soldiers to war, when he can’t make a clear-cut easy decision to protect one of his own diplomats from being smeared by people acting outside our system.

As two now retired, longtime State Department diplomats, Aaron David Miller and Richard Sokolsky, wrote on CNN.com on Saturday, “At the very least, Pompeo enabled the smear campaign to go unchallenged, acquiesced in the Giuliani back-channel effort with Ukraine and failed to say a word in defense of Bill Taylor, George Kent or Marie Yovanovitch. These are breathtaking acts of craven political cowardice and beneath the dignity of any secretary of state.”

 

Good riddance, ya right wing slime bucket! One more "good man" into Trump's dustbin of ill repute. 

 

Who's next?

What does Tom really think?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be clear :

"Good riddance, ya right wing slime bucket! One more "good man" into Trump's dustbin of ill repute. 

 

Who's next?"

 

Are my words, not Mr Friedman's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, phillysailor said:

To be clear :

"Good riddance, ya right wing slime bucket! One more "good man" into Trump's dustbin of ill repute. 

 

Who's next?"

 

Are my words, not Mr Friedman's.

 

Dang it! Can you imagine the ratings!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

To be clear :

"Good riddance, ya right wing slime bucket! One more "good man" into Trump's dustbin of ill repute. 

 

Who's next?"

 

Are my words, not Mr Friedman's.

 

His:  "These are breathtaking acts of craven political cowardice and beneath the dignity of any secretary of state." 

Those are heading toward the same point, I believe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

His:  "These are breathtaking acts of craven political cowardice and beneath the dignity of any secretary of state." 

Those are heading toward the same point, I believe.

Maybe, but Philly's captures the language and decorum of the current *resident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Maybe, but Philly's captures the language and decorum of the current *resident.

True, but in South Queens, it would more "youze" than"ya".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

True, but in South Queens, it would more "youze" than"ya".  

40 years ago, yeah

now it would be אתה or tu or mi deh yeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

40 years ago, yeah

now it would be אתה or tu or mi deh yeh

Or "True Dat!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now