• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sol Rosenberg

Drip Drip Drip

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

It's a certified mystery that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is hitched, but it's true. 

10155387_743595078163_600346209193388461

Fortunately, though the mystery is compelling, we have found no one interested to find out what they saw in each other.

He's a smoker....

And the poor little girl already has her mother's face....

6 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I wonder if Marty Feldman married a Huckabee sometime in the past?

Married?........ Or had a one night stand?

Jack Elam is another candidate for the gene......

1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

With Abby Normal

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Jack Elam is another candidate for the gene......

Throw in Vincent Schiavellie and any one of the Three Stooges and you got it.

Some guy's twitter hot-take on the GSA emails.

The Hoarse Whisperer‏ 
@HoarseWisperer

Settle in, politikids. You're going to enjoy this... I've read the full letter Trump transition team attorneys sent to legislators re: Mueller obtaining their emails. It has a delicious reveal.

As we now know:
1) Mueller obtained ALL of the emails sent to/from Trump transition team accounts
2) The Trump gang only realized this after Mueller's team seemed to know all about their emails
3) This made them quite... upset
4) Thier lawyers then wrote the letter in the link to congressmen complaining about just how upsetting all of this is.

Here's the classically amusing reveal in the letter...

Earlier this year, Trump appointed the top attorney at the office responsible for providing all the electronics and email accounts the Trump transition team used. That attorney's name was Richard Backler. Now, as background, Backler was a white collar criminal defense attorney before his appointment. He helped rich criminals beat government convictions for a firm with a name you'll find familiar.

Bracewell & Giuliani.

So, Trump appointed Backler and then Backler went and ensured Trump transition team attorneys that he would not allow his org (the GSA) to provide any of their emails to investigators. One problem: Backler fell ill and ultimately passed away. So, until Mueller's crew started asking Trump aides about those emails, they had absolutely no idea Mueller had them because they thought Trump's guy on the inside was running interference for them.

Let that one sink in.

Trump and his flunkies thought their friend at the GSA had locked their emails away *literally* in a vault no one could get to... They thought their bodies were all buried.

As a result, Trump's people walked into their interviews with Mueller and team with a completely false sense of confidence that he didn't know what he already knew in spades. They thought he was fishing. He was just reeling fish in. 

Can you imagine the freakout that must have occurred in Trumpland when they realized their cleanup guy hadn't actually done the cleanup after all? Alllllllll of the things they thought they had buried were not only not buried; Mueller had them in writing!

While this is just conjecture, I suspect the entire Trump orbit just realized that Mueller has a trove that entirely hangs them out to dry AND brings them down for obstruction and lying to Mueller to boot.

Trump appointed a Giuliani guy to protect him from Mueller...

...and then the guy went and died just as Mueller was coming a'calling.

Trump must be losing his freaking mind...

...even more panicked: Jared Kushner.

Mueller is gonna roast them all. 

Note: Trump team knew Beckler had died. They didn’t know he had failed to lock down their electronics and emails - and didn’t know GSA staff had produced them all without telling anyone.

2 minutes ago, Dex Sawash said:

Some guy's twitter hot-take on the GSA emails.

Add to those delicious facts that Mueller asked for the emails while he already had them, leaving the respondents with a false sense of security that they too into the interview room and told Mueller under oath what he already knew. Just priceless.

13 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Add to those delicious facts that Mueller asked for the emails while he already had them, leaving the respondents with a false sense of security that they too into the interview room and told Mueller under oath what he already knew. Just priceless.

That explains why Foxy News and the faithful have gone all-in on discrediting Mueller and ending the investigation.  

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That explains why Foxy News and the faithful have gone all-in on discrediting Mueller and ending the investigation.  

I guess it's to be expected, but they have no grounds to stand on. Everyone in government who has ever signed on to a government-owned computer knows that the very first thing that you see is a notice that you have no expectation of privacy. Even the argument of privileged communication goes away. Mueller has them by the short hairs and they know it.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

I guess it's to be expected, but they have no grounds to stand on. Everyone in government who has ever signed on to a government-owned computer knows that the very first thing that you see is a notice that you have no expectation of privacy. Even the argument of privileged communication goes away. Mueller has them by the short hairs and they know it.

The complaints about the GSA stuff are hysterically funny.  I really love hearing New York's Finest's atty say that what happened was illegal.  I bet he never makes that claim to a judge.  He's not allowed to sling bullshit to a judge.  

The complaints about the GSA stuff are hysterically funny.  I really love hearing New York's Finest's atty say that what happened was illegal.  I bet he never makes that claim to a judge.  He's not allowed to sling bullshit to a judge.  

You have to feed the faithful, I look forward to certain people raising that argument tomorrow.

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Cooked would be better, that way her old man could gnaw it off her face.

It would have to be in the shape of a squirrel.

Merry Christmas to Sarah Palin.

"Track Palin, the oldest son of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, was arrested Saturday in Alaska on charges of domestic violence. It marks the second time he’s been arrested on suspicion of domestic violence in two years. 

The charges seem to stem from an incident in his family’s hometown of Wasilla, though further details about what happened were not immediately available. 

Palin, 28, was arraigned Sunday morning on three counts: felony burglary, misdemeanor reckless assault and misdemeanor criminal mischief for causing up to $500 in property damage, according to online court records. Each of the charges was related to domestic violence. 

The felony burglary charge indicates Palin is accused of hurting or attempting to hurt someone while committing burglary."

http://beta.latimes.com/nation/la-na-track-palin-20171217-story.html

13 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Merry Christmas to Sarah Palin.

"Track Palin, the oldest son of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, was arrested Saturday in Alaska on charges of domestic violence. It marks the second time he’s been arrested on suspicion of domestic violence in two years. 

The charges seem to stem from an incident in his family’s hometown of Wasilla, though further details about what happened were not immediately available. 

Palin, 28, was arraigned Sunday morning on three counts: felony burglary, misdemeanor reckless assault and misdemeanor criminal mischief for causing up to $500 in property damage, according to online court records. Each of the charges was related to domestic violence. 

The felony burglary charge indicates Palin is accused of hurting or attempting to hurt someone while committing burglary."

http://beta.latimes.com/nation/la-na-track-palin-20171217-story.html

I feel bad for that family. The retry screwed up, from what I’ve heard. 

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Really deserves its own thread.  That way we can help diagnose the root cause.

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He's still in jail, so I suspect his family is not happy with him. Some way or somehow, they'll flip this to something positive. The last time was PTSD, but I'm not sure he ever saw combat, it will be interesting whatever way it goes.

16 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

He's still in jail, so I suspect his family is not happy with him. Some way or somehow, they'll flip this to something positive. The last time was PTSD, but I'm not sure he ever saw combat, it will be interesting whatever way it goes.

Born Again Christian. I was lost, but now I'm found. Easy peasy.

1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

Born Again Christian. I was lost, but now I'm found. Easy peasy.

"Palin, 28, was arraigned Sunday morning on three counts: felony burglary, misdemeanor reckless assault and misdemeanor criminal mischief for causing up to $500 in property damage, according to online court records. Each of the charges was related to domestic violence. 

Born again? Hell, he might be a Senator next year.

That is one dysfunctional family.

Just the sort of mother you want in a position of public authority.

I fuckin loathe that lying POS Sarah Huckabee Sanders, but picking on her looks... that's Donald-Trump-level behavior, y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, frenchie said:

I fuckin loathe that lying POS Sarah Huckabee Sanders, but picking on her looks... that's Donald-Trump-level behavior, y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

But like Trump himself...they're not.

6 hours ago, frenchie said:

Trump brings out the worst in everyone.

6 hours ago, frenchie said:

Guilty as charged. Her looks are not objectionable. Her distortion of the truth is. 

22 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Well, the President has already labeled him as such.  From your link -

The president has also complained about Rosenstein being “a Democrat," although the Justice Department official is actually a Republican, the Post said.

44 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Well, the President has already labeled him as such.  From your link -

The president has also complained about Rosenstein being “a Democrat," although the Justice Department official is actually a Republican, the Post said.

Exactly. Watch for the folks who neither watch Foxy News nor support the Pride of New York to follow his lead on this one. 

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

The moment that Donald Trump realized it's over?

25353962_1405366166256264_90954580772220

Look at his face.  Looks like he is melting. All that golf is wearing him down

25 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

The biggest drip right now is the incompetence of the Muller team. No warrant for the trump team emails? Amateurs.

"This could ultimately fall into the category of being careful what you ask for. Once again, the Mueller team showed little hesitation or circumspection in plowing into this controversial area. It is the same attitude that led to the reversals of Weissmann at the cost of millions (and ruined lives) in failed prosecutions. If the evidence was improperly seized, it could contaminate later evidence derived from it in a “fruit of the poisonous tree” theory. Mueller would not be the first to face such a cascading problem of contamination". Jonathan Turley

http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/365371-mueller-makes-reckless-move-with-seizure-of-trump-transition-emails

24 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

The biggest drip right now is the incompetence of the Muller team. No warrant for the trump team emails? Amateurs.

That would be based on the word of the Trump Team. Why anyone would believe a thing they say, given the steaming pile of Malarkey they habitually add to, defies rational thought and logic. 

22 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

He's a smoker....

And the poor little girl already has her mother's face....

How do you know he's a smoker, and so what of it?  Ditto on the little girls face resemblance!!!

From the whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com site:

"1/ The FBI warned Trump in 2016 that Russia would try to infiltrate his campaign. Both Trump and Hillary Clinton received counterintelligence briefings by senior FBI officials, which advised them to alert the FBI to any "suspicious overtures to their campaigns." Trump was "briefed and warned" at the session about potential espionage threats from Russia. (NBC News)"

I wonder if this was before or after he shouted at a campaign rally that he hoped that Russia could find Hillarys 30,000 lost emails?

11 minutes ago, Dog said:

"This could ultimately fall into the category of being careful what you ask for. Once again, the Mueller team showed little hesitation or circumspection in plowing into this controversial area. It is the same attitude that led to the reversals of Weissmann at the cost of millions (and ruined lives) in failed prosecutions. If the evidence was improperly seized, it could contaminate later evidence derived from it in a “fruit of the poisonous tree” theory. Mueller would not be the first to face such a cascading problem of contamination". Jonathan Turley

http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/365371-mueller-makes-reckless-move-with-seizure-of-trump-transition-emails

you still think Mueller wants to "charge" Trump with criminality? Hell, it's likely that's not constitutionally possible. If he finds something, Impeachment is the answer, and your rules of evidence won't mean shit.

44 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Any email ending in .gov is government property. No warrant required.

9 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

you still think Mueller wants to "charge" Trump with criminality? Hell, it's likely that's not constitutionally possible. If he finds something, Impeachment is the answer, and your rules of evidence won't mean shit.

So long as the GOP controls Congress, impeachment may be unlikely, unless there is a groundswell from the people, which might not even happen.  They are all holding their noses over this, and looking the other way, while passing tax cuts for Corporations, and rich white folks, and ending Obamacare...

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Any email ending in .gov is government property. No warrant required.

That is exactly what I heard on NPR a couple hours ago.

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

No...I give Mueller the benefit of the doubt, that he is objectively following evidence. If he's motivated by a desire to charge Trump that would be a corruption and he should step down.

2 minutes ago, ease the sheet said:

I don't quite remember. Were the Hillary, dnc, podesta emails obtained legally?

IIRC, they were a wikileaks dump a couple weeks before the election, is that right?  So the answer is not obtained legally, if correct.

10 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

IIRC, they were a wikileaks dump a couple weeks before the election, is that right?  So the answer is not obtained legally, if correct.

I'm glad dog and his elk show consistency in such matters....

2 minutes ago, ease the sheet said:

I'm glad dog and his elk show consistency in such matters....

And what would be my consistent opinion?

12 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Not .gov emails...

2016 with candidate trump...

All the reporting I’ve seen says .gov was the domain. 

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

All the reporting I’ve seen says .gov was the domain. 

Correct!  All .gov emails on government servers are the property of the Gov, and no permission is required to seize copies for investigations of illegal actions, or intentions.

12 minutes ago, Dog said:

And what would be my consistent opinion?

So illegally obtained emails were fair game when beneficial to the trump campaign yet these Mueller emails need to be challenged when they're not beneficial to trump?

If I had a few hours I could look through all the wikileak threads and find out what your consistencies are regarding your love for Julian.

5 minutes ago, ease the sheet said:

So illegally obtained emails were fair game when beneficial to the trump campaign yet these Mueller emails need to be challenged when they're not beneficial to trump?

If I had a few hours I could look through all the wikileak threads and find out what your consistencies are regarding your love for Julian.

Thanks....Here I thought I didn't know about the legality of either case.

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

From the whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com site:

"1/ The FBI warned Trump in 2016 that Russia would try to infiltrate his campaign. Both Trump and Hillary Clinton received counterintelligence briefings by senior FBI officials, which advised them to alert the FBI to any "suspicious overtures to their campaigns." Trump was "briefed and warned" at the session about potential espionage threats from Russia. (NBC News)"

I wonder if this was before or after he shouted at a campaign rally that he hoped that Russia could find Hillarys 30,000 lost emails?

more here

http://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-house/watch/mueller-eying-trump-campaign-russia-contacts-after-fbi-warning-1119169603922

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-warned-trump-2016-russians-would-try-infiltrate-his-campaign-n830596

Specifically, Loewentritt said, "in using our devices," transition team members were informed that materials "would not be held back in any law enforcement" actions.

Loewentritt read to BuzzFeed News a series of agreements that anyone had to agree to when using GSA materials during the transition, including that there could be monitoring and auditing of devices and that, "Therefore, no expectation of privacy can be assumed."

Loewentritt told BuzzFeed News that the GSA initially "suggested a warrant or subpoena" for the materials, but that the Special Counsel's Office determined the letter route was sufficient.

As to whether the Trump campaign should have been informed of the request, Loewentritt said, "That's between the Special Counsel and the transition team."

Asked about Langhofer's letter and Loewentritt's statements — and after publication of this story — a spokesperson for the Special Counsel's Office, Peter Carr, told BuzzFeed News, “When we have obtained emails in the course of our ongoing criminal investigation, we have secured either the account owner’s consent or appropriate criminal process.”

2 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

Not required. They explicitly stated upfront that there was no expectation of privacy on the devices used and would cooperate with law enforcement. Trump's team might have ignored that warning, but it means they have no legal cover here. Too bad, so sad, should have read the fine... we, large font print on their login.

Looks like Team Trump needs to buckle down for the long haul - https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-teams-meeting-with-muellers-office-poised-to-ratchet-up-tensions/2017/12/18/15dac668-e41d-11e7-a65d-1ac0fd7f097e_story.html 

Excerpt -

White House lawyers are expected to meet with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s office late this week seeking good news: that his sprawling investigation’s focus on President Trump will soon end and their client will be cleared.

But people familiar with the probe say that such assurances are unlikely and that the meeting could trigger a new, more contentious phase between the special counsel and a frustrated president, according to administration officials and advisers close to Trump.

People with knowledge of the investigation said it could last at least another year — pointing to ongoing cooperation from witnesses such as former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos and former national security adviser Michael Flynn, as well as a possible trial of two former Trump campaign officials. The special counsel’s office has continued to request new documents related to the campaign, and members of Mueller’s team have told others they expect to be working through much of 2018, at a minimum. 

29 minutes ago, Sean said:

Looks like Team Trump needs to buckle down for the long haul - https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-teams-meeting-with-muellers-office-poised-to-ratchet-up-tensions/2017/12/18/15dac668-e41d-11e7-a65d-1ac0fd7f097e_story.html 

Excerpt -

White House lawyers are expected to meet with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s office late this week seeking good news: that his sprawling investigation’s focus on President Trump will soon end and their client will be cleared.

But people familiar with the probe say that such assurances are unlikely and that the meeting could trigger a new, more contentious phase between the special counsel and a frustrated president, according to administration officials and advisers close to Trump.

People with knowledge of the investigation said it could last at least another year — pointing to ongoing cooperation from witnesses such as former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos and former national security adviser Michael Flynn, as well as a possible trial of two former Trump campaign officials. The special counsel’s office has continued to request new documents related to the campaign, and members of Mueller’s team have told others they expect to be working through much of 2018, at a minimum. 

"Sorry counselor, we do not discuss ongoing investigations, but do help yourself to some coffee or tea.  Both are quite good.  Now, tell us your theories about the legal inability to indict a sitting President."  

My personal favorite tidbit:  the GSA was going to erase the emails.  But in response to a Congressional request for documents, someone on Trump's team asked the GSA to preserve them...

6 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

The biggest drip right now is the incompetence of Trump's legal team.  The emails are not government records, AND fall under presidential privilege?  Buffoons.

47 minutes ago, frenchie said:

The biggest drip right now is the incompetence of Trump's legal team.  The emails are not government records, AND fall under presidential privilege?  Buffoons.

The Best People.  

They're on friggin GSA servers, for Christsakes.  Unbelievable.  It is noteworthy that they made that specious argument in a letter to Congress (no duty for candor) instead of in a pleading to a judge (duty of candor toward the tribunal) seeking relief.  

It is noteworthy that they made that specious argument in a letter to Congress (no duty for candor) instead of in a pleading to a judge (duty of candor toward the tribunal) seeking relief.  

Been pointing out that kind of discrepancy for a few months now. The Trump Defence League has been trying to make hay from the fact that Trump's lawyers and legal team have said something to the media and that we should give it credence due to their legal profession... but that's complete twaddle.

A lawyer can make the same kinds of false statements as anyone else without any more or less penalty and anyone else... provided they are not making sworn testimony or are before the court. In fact, their experience in the legal profession informs them exactly how far they can go, what actions they can take, and what weasel words are required to keep them out of hot water. 

I prefer someone cautious about the level of dishonesty they can indulge in, afraid they might go to far, over someone who knows the exactly where the line is drawn and confidently walks right up to it.

11 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Been pointing out that kind of discrepancy for a few months now. The Trump Defence League has been trying to make hay from the fact that Trump's lawyers and legal team have said something to the media and that we should give it credence due to their legal profession... but that's complete twaddle.

A lawyer can make the same kinds of false statements as anyone else without any more or less penalty and anyone else... provided they are not making sworn testimony or are before the court. In fact, their experience in the legal profession informs them exactly how far they can go, what actions they can take, and what weasel words are required to keep them out of hot water. 

I prefer someone cautious about the level of dishonesty they can indulge in, afraid they might go to far, over someone who knows the exactly where the line is drawn and confidently walks right up to it.

THat's all well and good for the court of public opinion, where a receptive audience can gobble up the bs that they want to hear.  It doesn't work as well in a place where facts and law matter, and the truth matters.  Team Trump knows very well that they can't lie to the FBI and they can't lie to the judge, but everyone else is fair game.  Many people are saying it.  This I can tell you. Believe me.  

9 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I don't know how Donnie's going to Make America Great Again when he keeps hiring people with no fucking clue.

When you have a record of stiffing your lawyers, not to mention making unreasonable demands and then having temper tantrums, I'm amazed he can hire anybody at all.

-DSK

57 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

more-emails.thumb.jpg.e729298b037237f600f98be091af5068.jpg

That’s about right. That’s the conversation that happened after Jared finished his interview, returned to the WH and asked “who the fuck turned over THAT email?”

9 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

THat's all well and good for the court of public opinion, where a receptive audience can gobble up the bs that they want to hear.  It doesn't work as well in a place where facts and law matter, and the truth matters.  Team Trump knows very well that they can't lie to the FBI and they can't lie to the judge, but everyone else is fair game.  Many people are saying it.  This I can tell you. Believe me.  

And the reich wing is cheering to gobble up such shit from Team Trump.

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Why does their party affiliation have anything to do with the law, is it applied differently?

It doesn't....It goes to their credibility around here. Witness all the times the letter behind the name is referenced.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

It's almost laughable how often Turley and Dershowitz get called upon to dunk on Democratic legal maneuvers. This time though they are up against someone with even more experience than they have. Robert Mueller had 30 years as a federal prosecutor, assistant to Attorney General Dick Thornburg, acting Deputy Attorney General to James Baker on National Security matters, head of the Department of Justice Criminal Division and oversaw the prosecution of Manuel Noriega, and PanAm flight 103, and John Gotti. Robert Mueller was F.B.I. Director for 12 years, under two presidents. 

42 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

It's almost laughable how often Turley and Dershowitz get called upon to dunk on Democratic legal maneuvers. This time though they are up against someone with even more experience than they have. Robert Mueller had 30 years as a federal prosecutor, assistant to Attorney General Dick Thornburg, acting Deputy Attorney General to James Baker on National Security matters, head of the Department of Justice Criminal Division and oversaw the prosecution of Manuel Noriega, and PanAm flight 103, and John Gotti. Robert Mueller was F.B.I. Director for 12 years, under two presidents. 

I figured that Dershowitz was one of those links.  I'd like to know how many search warrants he has sought from federal judges.  I'm betting that Mueller has sought more.  I'm also betting that he didn't have to get one to get emails off of a GSA server.  All he had to do was request them.  

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I figured that Dershowitz was one of those links.  I'd like to know how many search warrants he has sought from federal judges.  I'm betting that Mueller has sought more.  I'm also betting that he didn't have to get one to get emails off of a GSA server.  All he had to do was request them.  

That number hovers near zero for Dershowitz.

"In a phone interview with BuzzFeed News on Saturday night, Loewentritt — whose LinkedIn represents that he has worked at the agency since 1972 — disputed the claims made in the letter sent by the Trump campaign.

"Beckler never made that commitment," he said of the claim that any requests for transition records would be routed to the Trump campaign's counsel.

Specifically, Loewentritt said, "in using our devices," transition team members were informed that materials "would not be held back in any law enforcement" actions.

Loewentritt read to BuzzFeed News a series of agreements that anyone had to agree to when using GSA materials during the transition, including that there could be monitoring and auditing of devices and that, "Therefore, no expectation of privacy can be assumed."

Loewentritt told BuzzFeed News that the GSA initially "suggested a warrant or subpoena" for the materials, but that the Special Counsel's Office determined the letter route was sufficient"

https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/the-trump-campaign-claims-a-federal-office-illegally-turned?utm_term=.rwOmxNjG3#.fwXyX2ok7

The propagandists rely on people forgetting key points.  Remember in September when Sen. Grassley raised the question about FBI warnings to the campaign, about Russian infiltration?  

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/21/chuck-grassley-fbi-russia-trump-campaign-warning-242999

The Iowa Republican released a letter Thursday to FBI Director Christopher Wray, asking whether the bureau “ever provided the Trump campaign with a defensive briefing or other warning regarding attempts to infiltrate the campaign by people connected with, or compromised by, Russian intelligence.”

“If the FBI did provide a defensive briefing or similar warning to the [Trump] campaign, then that would raise important questions about how the Trump campaign responded,” Grassley wrote. “On the other hand, if the FBI did not alert the campaign, then that would raise serious questions about what factors contributed to its decision and why it appears to have been handled differently in a very similar circumstance involving a previous campaign.”

Well now we have the answer.  The FBI did indeed offer such a warning to both campaigns. http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/365435-trump-was-warned-in-2016-that-russians-would-try-to-spy-on-his

The first briefing by the FBI for Trump officials took place in August 2016, according to NBC. That was about two months after a Russian lawyer met with Donald Trump Jr. at Trump Tower prompted by an email promising damaging information about Clinton. Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law, sat in on the meeting.

So the FBI gave the campaign a briefing to warn them about Russian attempts to infiltrate the campaign, after the campaign had already started communicating and meeting with the Russians.  As if the FBI didn't know that the campaign was already communicating and meeting with the Russians.  

The propagandists rely on people forgetting key points.  Remember in September when Sen. Grassley raised the question about FBI warnings to the campaign, about Russian infiltration?  

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/21/chuck-grassley-fbi-russia-trump-campaign-warning-242999

Well now we have the answer.  The FBI did indeed offer such a warning to both campaigns. http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/365435-trump-was-warned-in-2016-that-russians-would-try-to-spy-on-his

So the FBI gave the campaign a briefing to warn them about Russian attempts to infiltrate the campaign, after the campaign had already started communicating and meeting with the Russians.  As if the FBI didn't know that the campaign was already communicating and meeting with the Russians.  

Turley and Dershowitz will be along shortly to contest that view.

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Turley and Dershowitz will be along shortly to contest that view.

I have a lot of respect for Prof. Turley.  Dershowitz will say whatever he is being paid to say, but not Turley.  But even with their base of knowledge, there are limits, in this instance being the lack of experience of being a prosecutor seeking a search warrant from a federal judge. Even if a warrant was needed to get emails from a government server, it would have been easy given that the Pride of New York had a Russian asset running his campaign!  

I have a lot of respect for Prof. Turley.  Dershowitz will say whatever he is being paid to say, but not Turley.  But even with their base of knowledge, there are limits, in this instance being the lack of experience of being a prosecutor seeking a search warrant from a federal judge. Even if a warrant was needed to get emails from a government server, it would have been easy given that the Pride of New York had a Russian asset running his campaign!  

True, we haven't even got to the national security angle in all of this.

6 hours ago, Dog said:

It doesn't....It goes to their credibility around here. Witness all the times the letter behind the name is referenced.

The letter after the name is referenced because of people like you, who have wildly different standards of acceptable behavior and how the law should be enforced depending on the political party of the person in question.

A great many of us believe, unlike you, that the law is what is important, not the party affiliation.

4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
5 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Glad I didn't waste the time and bandwidth on those links; I figured one them had to be Dersh...