• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sol Rosenberg

Drip Drip Drip

6 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

Last year I would have said you are generalizing.  But now that collusion is proven,  we see some many Republicans still defending and supporting Trump Inc's actions-- like Dog and Sarosa, it really seems like Republicans are a cancer to our country. 

You confuse reality with support for Trump. The only collusion for which there is compelling evidence occurred between the Clinton campaign and the Ukrainian government. That may change but it is reality for now.

26 minutes ago, Dog said:

You confuse reality with support for Trump. The only collusion for which there is compelling evidence occurred between the Clinton campaign and the Ukrainian government. That may change but it is reality for now.

A4D710E6-E177-45AC-BE33-B2FCDADFFBC4-1542-000001249B825868.jpeg

On 7/11/2017 at 10:43 PM, TMSAIL said:

And this is why I try NOT to respond to your dribble.    In the US PEOPLE regularly interchange left for democrats (DNC) and right for republicans (GOP).  As a non American you must have missed that.   In the big scene not all members of either party fall into left or right.   

Responding to #316.

The quote function seems to be even more fucked up than usual today. Used to quote multiple posts no problem, now it won't.

TM I give you credit for being more evenhanded but all you righties live in such a toxic atmosphere that you don't even realize how impossible it is.

-DSK

And from that you claimed this and called it a direct quote.  YCMTSU

Are you agreeing with TMSail:, non-Republicans, and Republicans who don't lean far enough right, are not "people"?

Just now, TMSAIL said:

Are you agreeing with TMSail:, non-Republicans, and Republicans who don't lean far enough right, are not "people"?

Just now, TMSAIL said:

And from that you created this and called it a direct quote.  YCMTSU

Must be my computer, I can't put more than one quote up.

Anyway, if you ever actually pull off the blinders for a few seconds, you'll see where all this came from.

-DSK

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Anyway, if you ever actually pull off the blinders for a few seconds, you'll see where all this came from.

-DSK

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

Looks like you click the first post to quote which opens a reply box.  Then you click the next one you want to quote and it is added.

It's tedious

23 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Looks like you click the first post to quote which opens a reply box.  Then you click the next one you want to quote and it is added.

It's tedious

Thanks. The old forum software (not that old, last year?) would multi-quote easily. Now it's got a "multi-quote" button that does nothing. For some reason, earlier this morning when I did exactly that, the first quote box disappeared.

-DSK

{edit to add} Spending some more time experimenting, I find that I can multi quote just fine EXCEPT FOR A FEW OF TM's POSTS. Something clever going on? I dunno. In any event, I have tried to give credit where due and point out fuck-headedness where due.... you'd think fuck-heads would be thankful but no-o-o

32 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

25 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

It's tedious

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Thanks. The old forum software (not that old, last year?) would multi-quote easily. Now it's got a "multi-quote" button that does nothing. For some reason, earlier this morning when I did exactly that, the first quote box disappeared.

-DSK

What's the problem?

I like this better, you can quote the relevant posts quickly without all the chains of posts and messing around.

39 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

Copy and you get a quote this button

7 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:
41 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

35 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

It's tedious

14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

What's the problem?

I like this better, you can quote the relevant posts quickly without all the chains of posts and messing around.

See?

44 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

No blinders.  Where did I post "non-Republicans, and Republicans who don't lean far enough right, are not "people"?"

Seriously, you accuse me of making this kind of bullshit statement.  You have nothing to back it up and now you are blaming it on software?   

3 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

No blinders.  Where did I post "non-Republicans, and Republicans who don't lean far enough right, are not "people"?"

Seriously, you accuse me of making this kind of bullshit statement.  You have nothing to back it up and now you are blaming it on software?   

Well, this probably sounds like bullshit but your post #222 (currently, this changes as people delete things up-thread) cannot be contained in a multi-quote. I can multi-quote other posts:

13 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

What's the problem?

but if I try to quote THE RELEVANT one, it all disappears including my own writing. I just tried it again.

Anyway, I apologize for singling you out TM with this. Dunno what exactly is happening.

OTOH it is certainly a fact that in US politics, the righties are so steeped in hatred of "the left" that many (most IMHO) simply can't see the forest for the trees, and make generalized statements about Democrats this and lefties that, in a very disparaging way, with no realistic thought applied. You're actually less guilty of this than others.

-DSK

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well, this probably sounds like bullshit but your post #222 (currently, this changes as people delete things up-thread) cannot be contained in a multi-quote. I can multi-quote other posts:

but if I try to quote THE RELEVANT one, it all disappears including my own writing. I just tried it again.

Anyway, I apologize for singling you out TM with this. Dunno what exactly is happening.

OTOH it is certainly a fact that in US politics, the righties are so steeped in hatred of "the left" that many (most IMHO) simply can't see the forest for the trees, and make generalized statements about Democrats this and lefties that, in a very disparaging way, with no realistic thought applied. You're actually less guilty of this than others.

-DSK

Dont quote it, hit the little + button next to "quote"..then the next post + etc..you'll get a pop up bottom right that tells you how many posts you're quoting.

10 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

You didn't single me out,  you made the STATEMENT that I claimed non-Republicans, and Republicans who don't lean far enough right, are not "people"?

Post 222 or anything else I wrote say nothing of the sort.  Are you on drugs or just hearing voices in your head?

8 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

You didn't single me out,  you made the STATEMENT that I claimed non-Republicans, and Republicans who don't lean far enough right, are not "people"?

Post 222 or anything else I wrote say nothing of the sort.  Are you on drugs or just hearing voices in your head?

You said (paraphrasing) that people in the US use the term "the left" and "Democratic Party" interchangeably.

I (and several others) replied that "people" do no such thing, it's only the righties who assume all Democrats are hard-core Marxists and vice-versa; and who use the word "liberal" as an insult.

I am not on drugs other than coffee, and don't hear voices except when I am exposed to Rush Limbaugh, who for example, a few days ago was talking about how we need to heal the bitter partisan divide in this country and without pausing for breath went on to say what venomous traitors Democrats are. Not a new issue but thanks to the unrelenting hatred coming from the right's media, it is getting so bad that the country is suffering very serious consequences and getting worse.

-DSK

Honestly, the issue is that this whole process has wandered into the absurd.  There's a limit to how much 'sky is falling' anyone can deal with and the 'resist' movement went dead red on day one.  Now they're paying the price.

Rather than building up 'drip drip' it's been "GUSH GUSH" from the first instant of Trump's presidency.   Even the Macarena eventually lost it's excitement and that had dancers! 

There's only so many ways to express frustration and outrage.  Trump has been FANTASTIC at coming up with new things to be outraged at - I'll give him that - but eventually you run out of adjectives.

5 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

Honestly, the issue is that this whole process has wandered into the absurd.  There's a limit to how much 'sky is falling' anyone can deal with and the 'resist' movement went dead red on day one.  Now they're paying the price.

And this is what it comes down to. Conservatives and Republicans don't have the ability to think for themselves anymore and are utterly unwilling to analyze things on their merits.So they revert back to tribalism, which means it's all the Democrats fault.

The process is absurd because Republicans elected a moronic showman to the White House, with a corrupt family of Fredos. It will be that way until you kick the stupid fuck out of the White House.

You still eventually run out of adjectives.

Democrats needed to catalyze a moment but they were too chaotic to get it done.  Now they're screaming at every tweet and old picture.

It'll be interesting to see if the Republicans bail them out on health care but I'm not betting on it.  I suspect McConnell will get something done under the cover of  the frantic all-the-time-anti-Trump coverage.

13 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

You still eventually run out of adjectives.

Nah, the Republicans showed you could have 8 years of adjective filled outrage over nothing during the Obama presidency. Remember the frothing over golf and date nights?

Every day of a Trump presidency rots the Republican party a little deeper. Y'all are too busy ''winning" to notice. Just like with this one

It'll be interesting to see if the Republicans bail them out on health care but I'm not betting on it.  I suspect McConnell will get something done under the cover of  the frantic all-the-time-anti-Trump coverage.

The public hates, hates, hates Trump care. It's poison. You - the Conservative fringe thumpers - don't realize that or just don't care (based on all the comments  on health reform you just don't care - about people or fixing anything). So you guys see repealing Obamacare as winning. It's not. 

It's dogmatic to you guys. Cut Obamacare and healthcare's fixed. Cut "administrators" and college is affordable. Eliminate regulations and boom, jobs appear. If it's still not fixed, cut further.

7 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Nah, the Republicans showed you could have 8 years of adjective filled outrage over nothing during the Obama presidency. Remember the frothing over golf and date nights?

Every day of a Trump presidency rots the Republican party a little deeper. Y'all are too busy ''winning" to notice. Just like with this one

The public hates, hates, hates Trump care. It's poison. You - the Conservative fringe thumpers - don't realize that or just don't care (based on all the comments  on health reform you just don't care - about people or fixing anything). So you guys see repealing Obamacare as winning. It's not. 

Maybe you should be discussing healthcare in some detail instead of blabbering about russians.

Of course, it would have been nice if you had discussed healthcare before passing the Mandatory Insurance Purchase act.

35 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

Rather than building up 'drip drip' it's been "GUSH GUSH" from the first instant of Trump's presidency.   Even the Macarena eventually lost it's excitement and that had dancers! 

There's only so many ways to express frustration and outrage.  Trump has been FANTASTIC at coming up with new things to be outraged at - I'll give him that - but eventually you run out of adjectives.

That rationale worked right up to the point when young Don hit the post button on that tweet with his email chain included, thus confirming that the year+ of denials about Russia contact with the campaign were abject bullshit. 

This wasn't Chris Black Sheep Farley trying to save the campaign on his bumbling own. The old man was promising dirt on Hilly about four hours after Donzo confirmed the meeting. 

After a year of stonewalling, we are just starting to peel back the layers on this particular onion. There will be tears. 

8 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Of course, it would have been nice if you had discussed healthcare before passing the Mandatory Insurance Purchase act.

Breathless fucking irony given what the Republican House and the Republican Senate have done, and are doing.

You have proven yourself fact immutable like the rest of the senile succubi that make up the Republican party.

7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

After a year of stonewalling, we are just starting to peel back the layers on this particular onion. There will be tears. 

Yea, but it ain't gonna be Trump Sr. that takes the fall.  I'm guessing Manifort or somehow, Tiffany <HA!>

13 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Maybe you should be discussing healthcare in some detail instead of blabbering about russians.

Where you been? There have been a number of discussion on the health care issue in this august forum.

And where's your memory? It took the 2008-20010 Democratic Congress about a year and a half of public bickering and sausage making before ObamaCare was passed. In the 7 years since, the Republican majority hasn't managed to do more than squall bitterly about it.

-DSK

9 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

Yea, but it ain't gonna be Trump Sr. that takes the fall.  I'm guessing Manifort or somehow, Tiffany <HA!>

My bet is that Trump Senior will go down for money laundering. The simplest crimes are the ones that can create the greatest effect.

It looks like Sessions has a problem too:

Updated 11 a.m.

"A day late, the Justice Department complied this morning with a federal court order and released part of a security clearance form dealing with Attorney General Jeff Sessions' contacts with foreign governments.

On June 12, a judge had ordered the agency to provide the information within 30 days, a deadline that passed on Wednesday.

In a filing Thursday morning with U.S. Disctrict Court for the District of Columbia, the Justice Department released that part of Sessions' form which poses the question:

"Have you or any of your immediate family in the past seven (7) years [bold font in original] had any contact with a foreign government, its establishment (such as embassy, consulate, agency, military service, intelligence or security service, etc.) or its representatives, whether inside or outside the U.S.?"

Sessions checked "No."

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Responding to #316.

The quote function seems to be even more fucked up than usual today. Used to quote multiple posts no problem, now it won't.

TM I give you credit for being more evenhanded but all you righties live in such a toxic atmosphere that you don't even realize how impossible it is.

-DSK

You post crap like this and feign affront when people refer to "the left"?   I hope a Stars&Bars flag flying truck races by and raises enough dust to make a crust in your Julep. 

9 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You post crap like this and feign affront when people refer to "the left"?   I hope a Stars&Bars flag flying truck races by and raises enough dust to make a crust in your Julep. 

Yeah I'm completely at a loss on how he came up with a quote from me that doesn't exist and rather than admit he fucked up.  He continues to blame software and the republicans for his dribble. 

19 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

It looks like Sessions has a problem too:

Updated 11 a.m.

"A day late, the Justice Department complied this morning with a federal court order and released part of a security clearance form dealing with Attorney General Jeff Sessions' contacts with foreign governments.

On June 12, a judge had ordered the agency to provide the information within 30 days, a deadline that passed on Wednesday.

In a filing Thursday morning with U.S. Disctrict Court for the District of Columbia, the Justice Department released that part of Sessions' form which poses the question:

"Have you or any of your immediate family in the past seven (7) years [bold font in original] had any contact with a foreign government, its establishment (such as embassy, consulate, agency, military service, intelligence or security service, etc.) or its representatives, whether inside or outside the U.S.?"

Sessions checked "No."

Now you are recyling old news  from CBS back in May

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/doj-says-sessions-was-instructed-not-to-disclose-meetings-with-foreign-dignitaries/

"As a United States senator, the attorney general met hundreds -- if not thousands -- of foreign dignitaries and their staff," DOJ's Deputy Director of Public Affairs Ian Prior said in a statement. "In filling out the SF-86 form, the attorney general's staff consulted with those familiar with the process, as well as the FBI investigator handling the background check, and was instructed not to list meetings with foreign dignitaries and their staff connected with his Senate activities."

44 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Yeah I'm completely at a loss on how he came up with a quote from me that doesn't exist and rather than admit he fucked up.  He continues to blame software and the republicans for his dribble. 

I'm completely at a loss on how you can say something, be quoted saying it, and then keep saying you didn't say it.

Maybe this is why Trump is such a huge success with Republicans, they all really do think "I never said that" undoes any previous lie or insult.

55 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Thanks. But I am only pointing out the hateful speech continually and unconsciously spouted by you and the other righties here. If you were to refer to "the left" when you were actually talking about people with left-wing beliefs, and do so without all sorts of attached insults, it wouldn't bother me a bit.

-DSK

33 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/doj-says-sessions-was-instructed-not-to-disclose-meetings-with-foreign-dignitaries/

"As a United States senator, the attorney general met hundreds -- if not thousands -- of foreign dignitaries and their staff," DOJ's Deputy Director of Public Affairs Ian Prior said in a statement. "In filling out the SF-86 form, the attorney general's staff consulted with those familiar with the process, as well as the FBI investigator handling the background check, and was instructed not to list meetings with foreign dignitaries and their staff connected with his Senate activities."

To me, that would mean a "yes", not a "no", wether the contacts were listed or not. 

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

To me, that would mean a "yes", not a "no", wether the contacts were listed or not. 

I would agree with that.  Unless if you check yes you are required to list those contacts.  I Don't know.  Simple thing for Mueller to find the FBI agent and verify.  If the agent verifies the story non issue.  If they cannot find anyone to verify the story then he should resign 

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

I'm completely at a loss on how you can say something, be quoted saying it, and then keep saying you didn't say it.

Maybe this is why Trump is such a huge success with Republicans, they all really do think "I never said that" undoes any previous lie or insult.

Thanks. But I am only pointing out the hateful speech continually and unconsciously spouted by you and the other righties here. If you were to refer to "the left" when you were actually talking about people with left-wing beliefs, it wouldn't bother me a bit.

-DSK

Hateful speech? Telling you to GFY for being liberal is hateful - calling your bullshit bullshit isn't.   You're entitled to your perspective and opinions, you're not entitled to your own facts - and that is something you and many of your gauche comrades regularly try to ignore. 

4 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Hateful speech? Telling you to GFY for being liberal is hateful - calling your bullshit bullshit isn't.   You're entitled to your perspective and opinions, you're not entitled to your own facts - and that is something you and many of your gauche comrades regularly try to ignore. 

Exactly.  He fucking made up a quote attributed  it to me and is still claiming I said it.   No where in this thread or anywhere else have I posted what he claims was an exact quote.   No paraphrase,  no hinted at, no fucking connection to anything I have ever posted.  UFB  

4 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

There's a lying moron in the White House inventing his own facts and the problem is lefties online.

Typical.

2 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Exactly.  He fucking made up a quote attributed  it to me and is still claiming I said it.   No where in this thread or anywhere else have I posted what he claims was an exact quote.   No paraphrase,  no hinted at, no fucking connection to anything I have ever posted.  UFB  

On 7/11/2017 at 10:43 PM, TMSAIL said:

And this is why I try NOT to respond to your dribble.    In the US PEOPLE regularly interchange left for democrats (DNC) and right for republicans (GOP).  As a non American you must have missed that.   In the big scene not all members of either party fall into left or right.   

Well, there you go.

Again

Childish shit show aside, what do you expect to gain from this outpouring of bile? Sometimes, some of you righties seem like you might almost be sensible people, then you get all "Squirrel!! Squirrel!!!" whenever the chance to spout hateful crap comes around. And sometimes you don't even wait for a chance.

And it's fucking poisoned the whole country, possibly irretrievably. Certainly the US will never regain what we had in prior generations.

-DSK

55 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

That's good to know; I hadn't read that. Jared Kushner had no problem updating his records why can't Jeff Sessions?

"Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner was required to disclose any contacts he had with foreign nationals as a precondition for getting a White House security clearance — but his initial disclosure reportedly omitted more than 100 different contacts.

In a New York Times report about the Trump family’s latest attempts to cope with the Russian scandal, sources reveal that Kushner has updated his foreign contacts disclosure list three separate times since first getting his security clearance — and has added “more than 100 names” to the list. 

The list of foreign contacts must be submitted to the FBI as a prerequisite for getting a White House security clearance, and knowingly omitting foreign contacts can carry significant legal consequences. Earlier reports have revealed that Kushner failed to disclose multiple foreign contacts to the FBI before obtaining his security clearance, although the Times’ report is the first to indicate that Kushner’s omissions go into the hundreds. 

Several Democratic lawmakers have been demanding that Kushner has his security clearance revoked over his multiple disclosure failures, and the Trump White House this week refused to answer questions about whether Kushner’s security clearance is still operative."

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/kushner-adds-more-than-100-names-of-foreign-contacts-he-initially-left-out-of-required-forms-report/

### 

Edit to add: The omission was for meetings connected to his Senate activities, did he list activity outside his duties?

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

Well, there you go.

Again

Childish shit show aside, what do you expect to gain from this outpouring of bile? Sometimes, some of you righties seem like you might almost be sensible people, then you get all "Squirrel!! Squirrel!!!" whenever the chance to spout hateful crap comes around. And sometimes you don't even wait for a chance.

And it's fucking poisoned the whole country, possibly irretrievably. Certainly the US will never regain what we had in prior generations.

-DSK

The righties have poisoned the country.  I'm sure you're right   Might it be that you're mistaking a large portion of the country quietly putting up with having the liberal agenda shoved down their throats and saying "Enough!" as poisoning the country?  No - of course not, your perspective is the only one that could ever be valid, and anyone who thinks differently is intentionally deficient for thinking so.    Cunt. 

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Well, there you go.

Again

-DSK

There you go WHAT?   

MY FULL QUOTE WAS : 

From That you wrote this:

Or what?

-DSK

When called on it you replied :

WTF? I quoted exactly what you said.

-DSK

You Sir are delusional and a LIAR - There is no way to get from my original post to what you claim I wrote, let alone an EXACT QUOTE.  

6 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

The righties have poisoned the country.  I'm sure you're right   Might it be that you're mistaking a large portion of the country quietly putting up with having the liberal agenda shoved down their throats and saying "Enough!" as poisoning the country?  No - of course not, your perspective is the only one that could ever be valid, and anyone who thinks differently is intentionally deficient for thinking so.    Cunt. 

No, I think electing a proven crook and incorrigible liar as President is poisoning the country. I think that turning back decades of built up protections for things like the environment and workers rights are poisoning the country. I think accelerating the trend of concentrating wealth in the already-wealthiest-1% is poisoning the country. I think years of squabbling without being able to enact effective legislation, while taking no responsibility, on the part of the majority party, is poisoning the country.

If you think you've "had a leftist agenda rammed down your throat" the problem is clearly that you live under a deluge of right-wing hate. There is no leftist agenda, and it hasn't been rammed down your throat. And I certainly haven't accused anybody of being "intentionally deficient" only of being unthinkingly reflexive in insulting "the left."

People are saying!

-DSK

48 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Liberal agenda shoved down your throat? You should be thankful.

http://www.snopes.com/barack-obama-accomplishments/

IMG_4511.JPG

NPR -

Committee Chair Requests Donald Trump Jr. Testify On Capitol Hill

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, tells NPR that he has sent a letter to Donald J. Trump Jr. saying that he wants the president's son to testify in an open session of the committee as early as next week and will subpoena him if necessary.

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/13/537037494/donald-trump-jr-asked-to-testify-on-capitol-hill-next-week?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=politics&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

NPR -

Committee Chair Requests Donald Trump Jr. Testify On Capitol Hill

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, tells NPR that he has sent a letter to Donald J. Trump Jr. saying that he wants the president's son to testify in an open session of the committee as early as next week and will subpoena him if necessary.

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/13/537037494/donald-trump-jr-asked-to-testify-on-capitol-hill-next-week?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=politics&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

Good LORD!

What do they think he is, a machine?

How's he supposed to get to Washington D.C., find lodging, and prepare himself for a meeting in congress on such short notice! His horse isn't even saddled yet, and his man servant is down with the croup..... This is unconscionable!

He'll need a fortnight at least! His wig needs to be repowdered, and his snuff box is badly tarnished!

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

That's good to know; I hadn't read that. Jared Kushner had no problem updating his records why can't Jeff Sessions?

"Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner was required to disclose any contacts he had with foreign nationals as a precondition for getting a White House security clearance — but his initial disclosure reportedly omitted more than 100 different contacts.

In a New York Times report about the Trump family’s latest attempts to cope with the Russian scandal, sources reveal that Kushner has updated his foreign contacts disclosure list three separate times since first getting his security clearance — and has added “more than 100 names” to the list. 

The list of foreign contacts must be submitted to the FBI as a prerequisite for getting a White House security clearance, and knowingly omitting foreign contacts can carry significant legal consequences. Earlier reports have revealed that Kushner failed to disclose multiple foreign contacts to the FBI before obtaining his security clearance, although the Times’ report is the first to indicate that Kushner’s omissions go into the hundreds. 

Several Democratic lawmakers have been demanding that Kushner has his security clearance revoked over his multiple disclosure failures, and the Trump White House this week refused to answer questions about whether Kushner’s security clearance is still operative."

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/kushner-adds-more-than-100-names-of-foreign-contacts-he-initially-left-out-of-required-forms-report/

### 

Edit to add: The omission was for meetings connected to his Senate activities, did he list activity outside his duties?

Apparently, Attorney General Sessions thinks he is too good to disclose the truth.

"In the margin of the single-page disclosure released on Thursday, Sessions cites two statutory justifications for not disclosing information about his meetings with Russians. Both of them claim disclosure “would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.”

I hope the presiding judge reacts with an arrest warrant. Jeff Sessions may be protecting himself but he is making his boss look like a damn fool.

1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

Good LORD!

How's he supposed to get to Washington D.C., find lodging, and prepare himself for a meeting in congress on such short notice! His horse isn't even saddled yet, and his man servant is down with the croup..... This is unconscionable!

He'll need a fortnight at least! His wig needs to be repowdered, and his snuff box is badly tarnished!

ROFLEmoji.jpg

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Do you need a safe space snowflake?

8 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Apparently, Attorney General Sessions thinks he is too good to disclose the truth.

"In the margin of the single-page disclosure released on Thursday, Sessions cites two statutory justifications for not disclosing information about his meetings with Russians. Both of them claim disclosure “would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.”

I hope the presiding judge reacts with an arrest warrant. Jeff Sessions may be protecting himself but he is making his boss look like a damn fool.

Sessions isn't making his boss look like a damn fool..... His boss is a damn fool.

I hope the drip drip drip becomes a flood really soon.

Whilst it's amusing watching the pro Trump camp becoming increasingly desperate reaching for justification on every new crisis, your esteemed president is meanwhile continuing to flush the US standing in the eyes of the world down the toilet.

I admit to admiring the US for your fundamental beliefs best summed up as all that is good about Western democracy. 

Yet blind Freddy can see your own President is hell bent on dismembering all of those pillars that has made the US the deserved leader of the free world. 

Anybody that defends this guy I can only assume has sold their Americanism over their pride. Whilst the Rep leaders and Trump advocates continue this blind defence, the cracks continue to widen between the US and the rest of the world. 

I hope you sort this shit out soon before the cracks become irreparable. Not every day you witness the death of a superpower.

It really is history in the making. Quite awesome to see, but regretfully so.

14 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Whilst it's amusing watching the pro Trump camp becoming increasingly desperate reaching for justification on every new crisis, your esteemed president is meanwhile continuing to flush the US standing in the eyes of the world down the toilet.

I admit to admiring the US for your fundamental beliefs best summed up as all that is good about Western democracy. 

Yet blind Freddy can see your own President is hell bent on dismembering all of those pillars that has made the US the deserved leader of the free world. 

Anybody that defends this guy I can only assume has sold their Americanism over their pride. Whilst the Rep leaders and Trump advocates continue this blind defence, the cracks continue to widen between the US and the rest of the world. 

I hope you sort this shit out soon before the cracks become irreparable. Not every day you witness the death of a superpower.

Yep, the G-19 is not pleased. 

50 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Good LORD!

Wasn't it a snuffbox that got Benjamin Franklin in trouble? Same box perhaps...

teachout4

When Louis XVI presented Benjamin Franklin with a snuff box encrusted with diamonds and inset with the King’s portrait, the gift troubled Americans: it threatened to “corrupt” Franklin by clouding his judgment or altering his attitude toward the French in subtle psychological ways. This broad understanding of political corruption—rooted in ideals of civic virtue—was a driving force at the Constitutional Convention.

28 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Death of a super power?  Seriously is there something in the water Down Under?  

2 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Trump is letting China take the lead in Asia and Europeans have no idea who is in charge.  Tillerson?  He says things that contradict the President.  Maybe he's in charge.  The Kush?  Ivanka?  When the so-called President is tweeting personal attacks about dumb news anchors and actors, it's safe to say he doesn't put leading the free world as a priority. 

He is also an opponent of free press.   He uses the office to enrich himself and his family.  

So, ya, in many ways the Trump presidency and his apologists and supporters are a cancer to the ethos of our country. 

4 hours ago, cmilliken said:

Is Manafort enough of a stand-up guy to take the fall alone? I am guessing not and figure he will cop a plea in return for naming a few names, only a couple starting with 'Donald Trump'.

3 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

"Death"is premature hyperbole.

I think someday the following will be written about the 2016 elections. 

"Significant and historically important  set of events contributing to the eventual major restructuring and /or downfall of the US Consttutional government? " 

Certainly many, if not most radical  Gropenfuhrer supporters wanted such a result. I believe the actual way it plays out is very likely to disappoint those who simply wanted change and so eagerly supported Gropenfuhrer 

2 minutes ago, Modernrate Buai said:

Lolz! You elk really do live under a rock!

You guys want to go it alone? Have at it. 

Next time there is a a natural disaster.  You better hope the rest of the world picks up the slack. 

5 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Trump is letting China take the lead in Asia and Europeans have no idea who is in charge.  Tillerson?  He says things that contradict the President.  Maybe he's in charge.  The Kush?  Ivanka?  When the so-called President is tweeting personal attacks about dumb news anchors and actors, it's safe to say he doesn't put leading the free world as a priority. 

He is also an opponent of free press.   He uses the office to enrich himself and his family.  

So, ya, in many ways the Trump presidency and his apologists and supporters are a cancer to the ethos of our country. 

Sure thing - When Obama was accused of leading from behind I don't recall any talk about the death of a super power

2 minutes ago, Modernrate Buai said:

You do realise that not only around "Oceana" but also in the Northern hemisphere, our emergency response air drops, hospital ships and actual $ relief spend far outweighs the USA?

In never seen promises for dollar cash relief we are a long way behind.. but even three times of nothing delivered is still zip!

Un natuarl disasters well you guys have a very proud history of creating those!

Gropenfuhrer may be a disaster but he sure as hell isnt a natural one 

3 minutes ago, Modernrate Buai said:

You do realise that not only around "Oceana" but also in the Northern hemisphere, our emergency response air drops, hospital ships and actual $ relief spend far outweighs the USA?

In never seen promises for dollar cash relief we are a long way behind.. but even three times of nothing delivered is still zip!

Well, you don't have the Clinton Global Initiative now, do you?

6 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Sure thing - When Obama was accused of leading from behind I don't recall any talk about the death of a super power

Because there wasn't.

The rest of the world saw Obama trying to correct the misguided path that Dubya et al had taken us down, and applauded his efforts, and were dismayed at the republican efforts to stymie him at every opportunity.

10 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

That's only because such action was immediately preceded and followed by calls of President Obama acting all "Imperial".

That pendulum had a relatively short period of oscillation.

15 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

That's only because such action was immediately preceded and followed by calls of President Obama acting all "Imperial".

That pendulum had a relatively short period of oscillation.

But we do have direct evidence of a desire to help russia.

In Poland a week or so ago Trump reiterated support for Anti-missile defenses in Poland which Obama stopped.

Today, the West is also confronted by the powers that seek to test our will, undermine our confidence, and challenge our interests. To meet new forms of aggression, including propaganda, financial crimes, and cyberwarfare, we must adapt our alliance to compete effectively in new ways and on all new battlefields.

We urge Russia to cease its destabilizing activities in Ukraine and elsewhere, and its support for hostile regimes -- including Syria and Iran -- and to instead join the community of responsible nations in our fight against common enemies and in defense of civilization itself.

50 minutes ago, Modernrate Buai said:

Your claim is a rather good load of crap, and your spend is far less than what the United States contributes. Your $4 billion in aid is a good effort but only represents 0.27% of your GNI. The United States donated $32 billion, but only 0.19 GNI. There is the argument that giving five times that amount certainly opens our funding to the problem of corruption.

10 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Your claim is a rather good load of crap, and your spend is far less than what the United States contributes. Your $4 billion in aid is a good effort but only represents 0.27% of your GNI. The United States donated $32 billion, but only 0.19 GNI. There is the argument that giving five times that amount certainly opens our funding to the problem of corruption.

I Didn't even bother to fact check such an obvious falsehood.    

Every Aussie I've ever met were stand up "blokes" great fun to be around.  The guys on this board , in many cases have that short guy attitude.   

Just now, Modernrate Buai said:

I did not grab a cite, but remembered when we were being called out on being racist inhumans against refugess some WHO & UN figures being flung around.

BL are you comparing the worlds 2 largest economy, against our piddling one as gross National or via our per capita spend of 25million peeps v 300million ones?

If you want to lie on these threads, expect to be caught and hauled in occasionally. Also, don't give me the humble load either. You're the one who made the outrageous statement.

6 minutes ago, Modernrate Buai said:

Maybe one day check out % delivered V promised.

You & TM ignored the real 24-72 hour spend thing of dropping off food/ medics to places, outside of those disater relief bean counter debateables.

Humble load... is that a facial given by LB15?

Maybe one day check out the difference between $4 billion and $32 billion. I could throw away $4 billion and still come out smelling like a rose.

33 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

I Didn't even bother to fact check such an obvious falsehood.    

Every Aussie I've ever met were stand up "blokes" great fun to be around.  The guys on this board , in many cases have that short guy attitude.   

They are probably laughed at or ignored by other australians and need to come here for attention.

1 minute ago, Saorsa said:

They are probably laughed at or ignored by other australians and need to come here for attention.

Actually, I think they go to Thailand, and Laos for attention. The native population there tend to be fairly small by western standards, so even the most average Ozzy appears large by comparison.

Just now, Modernrate Buai said:

I remember working in a war zone, our hotel also housed the UN war crimes witness mob. There was a big issue with medicine. The USA had promised a few million ( back in the days before billions was touted). They only desparately needed $50-75K, The USA promised to double the aid amount after the upcomming new financial year, after a few months and only wordage, the other mob from the hotel, selling & training  up the guys who blasted the ones needing medicine ended up paying a silent cash amount to deliver stuff, rather than grandstanding & citeable graphs of christian goodwill spread around the troubled backyards of off shore America.

I remember being in a war zone and the amount of medicine that we handed out free was nothing short of astonishing. Instead of trying to defame the United States why not look at all the good we have done. It certainly outweighs the bad.

1 minute ago, Modernrate Buai said:

America 2017 is not what it was a while back.

I gave a feel good story championing American ethics & goodwill, no American troops in the conflict = no freebie opportunites.

I'm a well know lib around here but even I have to gag when I see a Streisand song used to illustrate a point.

18 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Actually, I think they go to Thailand, and Laos for attention. The native population there tend to be fairly small by western standards, so even the most average Ozzy appears large by comparison.

Philippines too. A lot of bar/whorehouses around Subic were owned by Aussie ex-pats.    

52 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I'm a well know lib around here but even I have to gag when I see a Streisand song used to illustrate a point.

LOL

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

I remember being in a war zone and the amount of medicine that we handed out free was nothing short of astonishing. Instead of trying to defame the United States why not look at all the good we have done. It certainly outweighs the bad.

Exactly.  Notice how we have twisted to war zones and medicine.  When the original bald faced lie was natural disaster aid.   As to getting on site in the first 24/72hrs nobody does that better than the US Navy.   The primary rescue/supply unit in a disaster area is a helicopter, last time I checked only the US has flat tops in every ocean.  

8 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

LOL

Let me add a proviso, I like Streisand and her voice, I never cared for her song selection. I attended the concert at her house in Ramirez Canyon, Malibu in the 80's. It was a pretty stunning evening. I would never pick one of her songs to illustrate anything.

8 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Let me add a proviso, I like Streisand and her voice, I never cared for her song selection. I attended the concert at her house in Ramirez Canyon, Malibu in the 80's. It was a pretty stunning evening. I would never pick one of her songs to illustrate anything.

Ok your gonna hate me. Picture   Streisand singing "memories"

Now pick SV or Dabs dressed like the character from "Cats". posting on PA.  

4 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Ok your gonna hate me. Picture   Streisand singing "memories"

Now pick SV or Dabs dressed like the character from "Cats". posting on PA.  

Dabs as a character from Cats! Are you trying to give people nightmares?