• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sol Rosenberg

Drip Drip Drip

Not sure our resident apologists accept that the traitor is a liar too.  Pretty easy to accept if you just listen to him.  But they won't.  They only hear what they want and not listen to his lies.    They are traitor enablers.  Traitors themselves in my mind.  The exact opposite of a patriot.

15 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
15 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Are you agreeing with TMSail:, non-Republicans, and Republicans who don't lean far enough right, are not "people"?

And from that you created this and called it a direct quote.  YCMTSU

Must be my computer, I can't put more than one quote up.

Anyway, if you ever actually pull off the blinders for a few seconds, you'll see where all this came from.

-DSK

I'm going to go with "Operator Error."

SELECT the quote you want to nest, then wait a second. "Quote this" pops up, then click it.

8 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Sure thing - When Obama was accused of leading from behind I don't recall any talk about the death of a super power

Part of that may have been because the accusations came from a bunch of idiots.

On 7/11/2017 at 9:11 AM, Saorsa said:

That's the tax on remittances.  It taxes the mexicans who are here already to keep the competition out.  It's a pure capitalist idea.

Why the hell would I want a tax on possibly moving my cash out of the US? I've already paid my taxes...

4 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Oh Fuck off.  You are the only one that made an issue of it.

So fucking what? You're the only one making an issue out of my response. Argumentum ad populum

Oh, and others have stated that they do not accept saying "the left" is the same as saying "Democratic Party". You made an attempt to spin the issue as an Americanism everyone in the US understands, it was refuted, you flipped out at me pointing that out. Don't blame me for your panties getting twisted and you having (yet another) temper tantrum.

I never claimed the left didn't care about the country.

No, you claimed that the left and the GOP care less about country than they do power & control. I disagree with that and I disagree with the false equivalency between a political party and the followers of an immense spectrum of political ideologies. 

Yet you are busting my balls over a simple unintended word swap.

No. I'm busting your balls because you are a hypocrite whining about childish taunts when you made them yourself. As usual, the attempt to weasel out of the initial offence is proving more problematic for the offender than the original issue. Instead of simply conceding that you made a bad comparison, you once again prove you're childishly intransigent to even the most minor of admissions without making a song and show about it. Yet another flop by TMS.

Back on ignore  

Careful now. Even mentioning your ignore list is enough for some people to script a Downfall parody where Hitler argues the definition of "is" for fifteen minutes before flailing about in a temper tantrum, accusing everyone of attacking him & his family, then going on a vacation from PA cos "all of a sudden" it's now filled with impolite people. :lol: 

15 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Sure thing - When Obama was accused of leading from behind I don't recall any talk about the death of a super power

Because there wasn't.

The rest of the world saw Obama trying to correct the misguided path that Dubya et al had taken us down, and applauded his efforts, and were dismayed at the republican efforts to stymie him at every opportunity.

Bwahahaha! I love it when an idiot tries to speak for the rest of the world!

Drip Drip Drip indeed

There was an ex-Soviet counterintelligence officer in the Donald Trump Jr meeting: NBC

When Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya met with members of then-candidate Donald Trump's campaign team, she brought a guest — a former Soviet counterintelligence officer, NBC News reported.

The man at the June 2016 meeting with Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort is a Russian-born American lobbyist, whom NBC News declined to name. 

The lobbyist denies current ties to any Russian intelligence agencies, though some U.S. officials suspect otherwise, NBC said.

Trump Jr. agreed to the meeting after being offered compromising material on then-candidate Hillary Clinton, according to emails the released this week by the president's son.

Veselnitskaya told NBC News she had at least one other guest with her in the meeting, but declined to say who he was.

The revelation adds a new layer to the meeting, which has drawn the attention of congressional and possibly federal investigators. Congressional committees and a special counsel appointed by the Justice Department are looking into Russian attempts to influence the 2016 election and whether the Trump campaign coordinated with the Kremlin.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/14/the-russian-lawyer-who-met-with-trump-jr-brought-an-ex-soviet-counter-intelligence-officer.html

32 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Drip Drip Drip indeed

There was an ex-Soviet counterintelligence officer in the Donald Trump Jr meeting: NBC

When Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya met with members of then-candidate Donald Trump's campaign team, she brought a guest — a former Soviet counterintelligence officer, NBC News reported.

The man at the June 2016 meeting with Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort is a Russian-born American lobbyist, whom NBC News declined to name. 

The lobbyist denies current ties to any Russian intelligence agencies, though some U.S. officials suspect otherwise, NBC said.

Trump Jr. agreed to the meeting after being offered compromising material on then-candidate Hillary Clinton, according to emails the released this week by the president's son.

Veselnitskaya told NBC News she had at least one other guest with her in the meeting, but declined to say who he was.

The revelation adds a new layer to the meeting, which has drawn the attention of congressional and possibly federal investigators. Congressional committees and a special counsel appointed by the Justice Department are looking into Russian attempts to influence the 2016 election and whether the Trump campaign coordinated with the Kremlin.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/14/the-russian-lawyer-who-met-with-trump-jr-brought-an-ex-soviet-counter-intelligence-officer.html

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Yanno..... Now might be a good time for Trump to visit his wife's home town...... Then maybe skip across the border and visit his buddy Putin in Moscow...... Maybe stay awhile...... Like forever, to avoid extradition.....

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Peter Smith committed suicide. With a plastic bag. 

Yeah, heard that last night too. I wonder if he had any help.?

1 hour ago, Sean said:

The Seth Rich conspiracy theorists are going to be all OVER this. 

Wait. I'm guessing not. That's my prediction, not my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Sean said:
3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Peter Smith committed suicide. With a plastic bag. 

a helium tank, at the mayo clinic hotel

don't get sucked into a redneck troll

14 minutes ago, hermetic said:

a helium tank, at the mayo clinic hotel

don't get sucked into a redneck troll

A hotel near the Mayo clinic..... Helium........ Maybe he just wanted to go out sounding like Mickey Mouse.....

Or maybe he was just fucking Goofy.

1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I thought that was Minnie? 

3 some..... Got despondent.....

On 14/07/2017 at 5:02 AM, TMSAIL said:

Death of a super power?  Seriously is there something in the water Down Under?  

No. You should travel mate, get out more. I'll put it simply, the entire world thinks your president is incompetent and his limited understanding of the US let alone the planet is stuck in the 80's. 

Only in the continental US do you see support for Trump. 

He treats the world, like any bully, with disdain. He treats traditional US allies worse. You seriously believe that nation states are so beholden to the US they'll all line up to be Trumps whipping boy? 

Fuck me untravelled yanks can be naive on global affairs, but this is scary you're so blinkered. You lot elected him, but we all have to deal with it too. We've all decided already he's just a rich yank egomaniac and his words are empty, utterly false and liable to change after his next conversation. 

I'll make it simpler... You got kids? Do you hold up Trump as a role model to them?

On 14/07/2017 at 5:14 AM, TMSAIL said:

You guys want to go it alone? Have at it. 

Next time there is a a natural disaster.  You better hope the rest of the world picks up the slack. 

The bluster about going it alone....you numpty, we've been going it alone since WWII. We've supported the US in every conflict since. The US has never lifted a finger to support Aus in our regional concerns. Next you'll be thinking the reason we have US marines here is for our benefit, not yours .

Natural disasters? Australia outstripped the rest of the world in donations and support in the 2004 Indonesian tsunami disaster , contributing over a billion dollars. Internally? We manage our own without any outside assistance very well thanks, unlike your track record. 

How to summarise....the global playground. You're getting the seat in the park all to yourself. Just like you wanted. The rest of the kids are congregating near the swings playing together outside of earshot of the incessant ranting about perceived slights and imagined enemies. 

All the kids are talking, making new friends with kids they've never spoken too  and finding out common interests , all because our old one Is now the playground bully. 

What do you think happens when the arrogant little shit gets bored as he has nobody listening, and comes sauntering over wanting to play?

7 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

No. You should travel mate, get out more. I'll put it simply, the entire world thinks your president is incompetent and his limited understanding of the US let alone the planet is stuck in the 80's. 

Only in the continental US do you see support for Trump. 

He treats the world, like any bully, with disdain. He treats traditional US allies worse. You seriously believe that nation states are so beholden to the US they'll all line up to be Trumps whipping boy? 

Fuck me untravelled yanks can be naive, but this is scary you're so blinkered. You lot elected him, but we all have to deal with it too. We've all decided already he's just a rich yank egomaniac and his words are empty, utterly false and liable to change after his next conversation. 

I'll make it simpler... You got kids? Do you hold up Trump as a role model to them?

The bluster about going it alone....you numpty, we've been going it alone since WWII. We've supported the US in every conflict since. The US has never lifted a finger to support Aus in our regional concerns. Next you'll be thinking the reason we have US marines here is for our benefit, not yours .

Natural disasters? Australia outstripped the rest of the world in donations and support in the 2004 Indonesian tsunami disaster , contributing over a billion dollars. Internally? We manage our own without any outside assistance very well thanks, unlike your track record. 

How to summarise....the global playground. You're getting the seat in the park all to yourself. Just like you wanted. The rest of the kids are congregating near the swings playing together outside of earshot of the incessant ranting about perceived slights and imagined enemies. 

All the kids are talking, making new friends with kids they've never spoken too  and finding out common interests , all because our old one Is now the playground bully. 

What do you think happens when the arrogant little shit gets bored as he has nobody listening, and comes sauntering over wanting to play?

See I don't really care about what the world thinks about Trump.  He was elected and our problem.  I agree with everything you say about his personality and arrogance.   That said I do not believe one man can bring down a Super power.  I will take issues with your bullshit claim that the US has never lifted a finger with your issues.  I guess the whole WW 2 pacific campaign didn't happen.  The seventh fleet hasn't been there for decades and there are no military forces stationed in Australia.   As to your Aid issue BL already blew that lie out of the water a few days ago.  

5 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

See I don't really care about what the world thinks about Trump.  He was elected and our problem.  I agree with everything you say about his personality and arrogance.   That said I do not believe one man can bring down a Super power.  I will take issues with your bullshit claim that the US has never lifted a finger with your issues.  I guess the whole WW 2 pacific campaign didn't happen.  The seventh fleet hasn't been there for decades and there are no military forces stationed in Australia.   As to your Aid issue BL already blew that lie out of the water a few days ago.  

Not caring about what the world thinks about Trump, and of the entire USA by association, is the problem.

You may not care, but some of us do. It reflects on all of us when our spokesperson in chief is perceived as a self serving, arrogant, bullying dolt, with the attention span of a gnat, and the manners of a Billy goat.

18 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

See I don't really care about what the world thinks about Trump. 

Be honest, you don't give a fuck that over half the country despises the mango moron either. He's your magic unicorn and you'll stick with him.

AND, they've got the support of a "majority": 36% of Americans voted for him and continue to support him. Rapists, criminals, drug users, and I'm sure some of them are good people, too.

11 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Not caring about what the world thinks about Trump, and of the entire USA by association, is the problem.

You may not care, but some of us do. It reflects on all of us when our spokesperson in chief is perceived as a self serving, arrogant, bullying dolt, with the attention span of a gnat, and the manners of a Billy goat.

I get that, but we have a procedure of electing and removing if necessary POTUS.  Wringing your hands about what SOME of the world thinks just doesn't concern me that much.  For example he just had a nice visit in France our oldest Allie didn't see waves of anger over his visit.  

We go through this world view of POTUS when ever a republican is in office.   They hated GW they feared Reagan would end it all.   The US and the world survived. In fact the anger and disgust we were told about seemed to be a lot of BS anyway.  Lots of love for Reagan in the former WARSAW Pact.  GW is by far the most beloved president in Africa.   I guess former communists and Brown people don't count.  

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

BREAKING on CNN: There were AT LEAST EIGHT PEOPLE at the June 9, 2016 meeting. Remember, Don Jr. reported ONLY FIVE. http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/politics/donald-trump-jr-meeting/index.html 

Cool pretty much confirms the Russian adoption angle Trump Jr talked about

Akhmetshin is a registered lobbyist for Veselnitskaya's organization, which has focused on lobbying Washington to overturn the Magnitsky sanctions, according to lobbying records. The Magnitsky Act allows the US to withhold visas and freeze the assets of Russians thought to have violated human rights. Veselnitskaya founded a group purporting to seek the removal of Moscow's ban on the adoption of Russian children by US citizens, which it put in place in retaliation for the Magnitsky Act. She has also sought to repeal that law.

Just now, TMSAIL said:

Akhmetshin is a registered lobbyist for Veselnitskaya's organization, which has focused on lobbying Washington to overturn the Magnitsky sanctions, according to lobbying records. The Magnitsky Act allows the US to withhold visas and freeze the assets of Russians thought to have violated human rights. Veselnitskaya founded a group purporting to seek the removal of Moscow's ban on the adoption of Russian children by US citizens, which it put in place in retaliation for the Magnitsky Act. She has also sought to repeal that law.

I look forward to the examination of that. It looks like Jared Kushner lost a lawyer and the rest are reorganizing. Better criminal defense, you gotta love it.

"Under intensifying fire over its handling of the Russia investigations, the White House is shaking up its legal team, bringing on board a veteran Washington criminal defense lawyer just as another high-profile attorney bows out of representing a senior official who is in investigators’ cross hairs. 

Ty Cobb, who has represented multiple figures in Washington scandals dating back to the Clinton administration, will be joining the White House staff at the end of this month as a special counsel to the president, charged with handling all legal and media-related issues relating to the Russia probe, sources said. 

At the same time, Jamie Gorelick, a politically well-connected lawyer who has been representing Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law, is dropping out of the case, turning over all responsibilities for the Russia investigation to Abbe Lowell, another well-known Washington criminal defense lawyer. 

In the coming weeks, Gorelick will be “wrapping up” her representation of Kushner on issues relating to ethics and his security clearance form, the sources said. But Lowell, a skilled litigator who has represented clients ranging from former Sen. John Edwards to corrupt Washington fixer Jack Abramoff, will exclusively represent Kushner in inquires being conducted by congressional committees and Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller. "

4 minutes ago, SV Airlie said:

Talking about Russian babies is not something to discus with Manafort, Kushner or Donnie Jr. Maybe a meeting with Ivanka would have been a logical choice being all about women's rights but, she certainly wasn't at the meeting was she?

The complete and idiotic idea that anyone would even believe that is stunning. I really look forward to when that is batted out of the park because you just know that no one is going to seriously use that excuse.

1 minute ago, SV Airlie said:

TM apparently thinks it was the purpose of the meeting.

Try and keep up the newly revealed "Russian" is an American Lobbyist for the group trying to restore adoption of Russian Babies by Americans.   Sorry if the facts piss you off.  

1 minute ago, SV Airlie said:

TM apparently thinks it was the purpose of the meeting.

TMSAIL, is entitled to believe that and I will be embarrassed if I'm wrong about this. I've been watching politics too long to not accept that sometimes you are caught short handed and get well-deserved lumps for it.

23 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

I get that, but we have a procedure of electing and removing if necessary POTUS.  Wringing your hands about what SOME of the world thinks just doesn't concern me that much.  For example he just had a nice visit in France our oldest Allie didn't see waves of anger over his visit.  

We go through this world view of POTUS when ever a republican is in office.   They hated GW they feared Reagan would end it all.   The US and the world survived. In fact the anger and disgust we were told about seemed to be a lot of BS anyway.  Lots of love for Reagan in the former WARSAW Pact.  GW is by far the most beloved president in Africa.   I guess former communists and Brown people don't count.  

TM,

Trust me, the French really hate Trump. And another thing, the world doesn't single out republican presidents. You may be surprised to know that up until Trump, we had to look up what party your President's were affiliated with. 

It didn't matter, each one prior, whether it be personal or due to their cabinet and staff, always took to the world stage with the gravitas of knowing they were the free worlds statesman. Regardless of whether they were shit presidents or not. 

Glad you don't care what the rest of the world thinks. I spend about $12 mill every year on US goods. Because of Trump I've diverted about over a million so far, and continue to evaluate other options. You may be surprised to discover I'm being swamped by Euro and Asian suppliers sensing blood in the water , and not one US supplier since the Trump election, too inwards focused maybe ?

I'm just a wee dot on a dot. I wonder how many more dots are doing the same as me? You might remember this when your brother/cousin/wife/friend doesn't get their expected pay raise and you moan about the Chinese taking your jobs.

Actions have consequences, opinions are formed. Even from US citizens posting on Internet forums. 

18 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The complete and idiotic idea that anyone would even believe that is stunning. I really look forward to when that is batted out of the park because you just know that no one is going to seriously use that excuse.

27 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

...Ty Cobb, who has represented multiple figures in Washington...

I guess if anyone could do it..... Ty Cobb would be the guy.....

Unless they can dig up "The splendid splinter", Ted Williams.....

26 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Try and keep up the newly revealed "Russian" is an American Lobbyist for the group trying to restore adoption of Russian Babies by Americans.   Sorry if the facts piss you off.  

What part of the e-mail chain at the time references that?

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

We go through this world view of POTUS when ever a republican is in office.   They hated GW they feared Reagan would end it all.

I have little doubt you truly believe it is just the Republicans who get picked on. 

You probably don't remember the outrage over how the US would be perceived when President Obama, in a show of class and respect, bowed upon meeting with foreign dignitaries.  Sheesh, we were treated to cries of how he embarrassed the US, was on an "apology tour", and the like. 

Take. Off. The. Blinders. 

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

BREAKING on CNN: There were AT LEAST EIGHT PEOPLE at the June 9, 2016 meeting. Remember, Don Jr. reported ONLY FIVE. http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/politics/donald-trump-jr-meeting/index.html 

I don't believe Jr. lied in his quote unquote confession about anything else on what went down at that meeting, but it's an interesting question. 

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

It confirms the selling out of US principles to benefit murderers and you are "cool" with this.

Disgusting.

Talking about russian babies= lift sanctions

In return for dirt on Clinton. 

Trump didn't think the russians were just going to GIVE him a present did he?

Oh what a tangled web.

Junior and the gang were attending a meeting to get some information....

When the guy shows up at the mall looking for the teenage girl and it turns out to be an undercover cop... do the cops get to convict the guy for trying to meet a minor??? 

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

I guess if anyone could do it..... Ty Cobb would be the guy.....

Unless they can dig up "The splendid splinter", Ted Williams.....

Ah yes, Ted Williams the headless hitter.

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

What part of the e-mail chain at the time references that?

TM would prefer we not talk about the actual reason Jr. Accepted the meeting invite. He's choosing to focus on a prior explanation for the meeting. No matter that Jr., himself, had changed his story. 

Like a dog with a bone, that TM. 

How lame can trump get?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/14/us/politics/trump-falsely-blames-loretta-lynch-in-sons-meeting-with-veselnitskaya.html

Defending his son’s meeting with a Russian lawyer during the 2016 presidential campaign, President Trump wrongly blamed former Attorney General Loretta Lynch for admitting the lawyer to the United States in the first place.

“Somebody said that her visa or her passport was approved by Attorney General Lynch,” Mr. Trump said Thursday at a joint news conference with President Emmanuel Macron of France. “She was here because of Lynch.”

Mr. Trump was referring to a report in a Capitol Hill publication, The Hill, on how Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer, entered the United States without a visa in early 2016.

Ms. Veselnitskaya, according to the report, was granted immigration parole to represent a Russian businessman, Denis Katsyv, in a money laundering case in New York City.

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

How lame can trump get?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/14/us/politics/trump-falsely-blames-loretta-lynch-in-sons-meeting-with-veselnitskaya.html

Defending his son’s meeting with a Russian lawyer during the 2016 presidential campaign, President Trump wrongly blamed former Attorney General Loretta Lynch for admitting the lawyer to the United States in the first place.

“Somebody said that her visa or her passport was approved by Attorney General Lynch,” Mr. Trump said Thursday at a joint news conference with President Emmanuel Macron of France. “She was here because of Lynch.”

Mr. Trump was referring to a report in a Capitol Hill publication, The Hill, on how Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer, entered the United States without a visa in early 2016.

Ms. Veselnitskaya, according to the report, was granted immigration parole to represent a Russian businessman, Denis Katsyv, in a money laundering case in New York City.

This dovetails nicely with that bullshit cry that it was a setup by the Democrats. 

It's like this group of useless idiots knows nothing more than "They made me/us do it!  It's all their fault!"

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Well trump's alibi for the day of that meeting just got blown out of the water, he wasn't at a rally in Florida, he was in Trump Tower.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/jul/14/corey-lewandowski/lewandowski-wrongly-says-trump-florida-day-trump-t/

Doesnt matter. 

This week proved you can lie, contradict yourself, repeatedly change your story and it won't shake the resolve of the Faithful in defending the Messiah. 

This is like a cult, and we see it in the moony-eyed responses of Saorsa, TM, and (to a somewhat lesser degree) Dig. 

So now it's a race. Does the checks and balances provided under the US constitution kick in before Trump can significantly dismember the future, and the legacy, of the US?

Feeling slightly pessimistic today, my thoughts are no. 

Hurry up Mueller. 

1 minute ago, shaggybaxter said:

So now it's a race. Does the checks and balances provided under the US constitution kick in before Trump can significantly dismember the future, and the legacy, of the US?

Feeling slightly pessimistic today, my thoughts are no. 

Hurry up Mueller. 

Unless he gets tired of it and throws in the towel himself, the process will take a long time.

One school of thought suggests Congress can toss him for just about any offense - 

"What, then, is an impeachable offense? The only honest answer is that an impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history; conviction results from whatever offense or offenses two-thirds of the other body considers to be sufficiently serious to require removal of the accused from office..." Congressman Gerald Ford, 116 Cong. Rec. H.3113-3114 (April 15, 1970).

A more common view is that an "indictable offense" is required.  

http://litigation.findlaw.com/legal-system/presidential-impeachment-the-legal-standard-and-procedure.html

Then there's the 25th amendment which is messier still -

"Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President"

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/05/no_the_25th_amendment_is_not_the_solution.html

Pretty obvious at this point that Trump and his people are going to lie and cover up everything about their associations with Russian agents no matter how ridiculous the lies and how easily and promptly exposed they are.  Because the alternative, the truth about this becoming known, is worse for them.

drip, drip, drip, Sol could not have named this thread better.

Evidence Suggests Russian Intelligence Pipeline To Trump Campaign

Source: HuffPo, AP

Days after Donald Trump Jr. hosted a group of Russians at Trump Tower promising to deliver damaging information on the Democratic National Committee and presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, a hacker believed connected to the Russian government released a trove of documents online ― including ones that sound similar to those reportedly provided to Trump Jr. 

Ranit Akhmetshin, a Russian American lobbyist and former Soviet counterintelligence officer, told The Associated Press on Friday he took part in the meeting on June 9, 2016, along with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya. Akhmetshin said Veselnitskaya brought a folder full of documents, which he said she left behind after the meeting. 

The documents detailed the Democratic National Committee’s finances and funding sources, some of which Veselnitskaya described as unlawful, Akhmetshin told the AP. 

34 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

drip, drip, drip, Sol could not have named this thread better.

Evidence Suggests Russian Intelligence Pipeline To Trump Campaign

Source: HuffPo, AP

Days after Donald Trump Jr. hosted a group of Russians at Trump Tower promising to deliver damaging information on the Democratic National Committee and presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, a hacker believed connected to the Russian government released a trove of documents online ― including ones that sound similar to those reportedly provided to Trump Jr. 

Ranit Akhmetshin, a Russian American lobbyist and former Soviet counterintelligence officer, told The Associated Press on Friday he took part in the meeting on June 9, 2016, along with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya. Akhmetshin said Veselnitskaya brought a folder full of documents, which he said she left behind after the meeting. 

The documents detailed the Democratic National Committee’s finances and funding sources, some of which Veselnitskaya described as unlawful, Akhmetshin told the AP. 

Oh dear, who to trust in this ever increasingly entangled plot..A former (or possibly still active) soviet couter intell bod or the trumps?

If the Russians aim is to destablise the US gov, theyr'e now in a win/win.

44 minutes ago, ease the sheet said:

Hopefully the Aussie dollar will jump soon. I got me some shopping to do!

No, thank you. At least not until I've paid for my new LiFePO4 cells in a few weeks...

2 hours ago, cmilliken said:

I don't know if this has already been posted but Shepard's about done with all this bullshit.

FOX is the keystone. As long as they continue to defend him his approval ratings will continue to feature two digits, but worse...the R's fear moving against him. Cross FOX and they will put a D after your name faster than you can say "Newt Gingrich".    

They are becoming uneasy...but it's not close enough to breaking Reagan's 11th Commandment to make a prediction they will. I think they will hold their nose up to the point where they come to believe the D's might win the House next year and they judge Trump to be the reason.  

"In his first public interview about the meeting, Akhmetshin said he accompanied Veselnitskaya to Trump Tower where they met an interpreter. He said he had learned about the meeting only that day when Veselnitskaya asked him to attend. He said he showed up in jeans and a T-shirt.

Veselnitskaya brought with her a plastic folder with printed-out documents that detailed what she believed was the flow of illicit funds to the Democrats, Akhmetshin said. Veselnitskaya presented the contents of the documents to the Trump associates and suggested that making the information public could help the campaign, he said.

“This could be a good issue to expose how the DNC is accepting bad money,” Akhmetshin recalled her saying.

Trump Jr. asked the attorney if she had sufficient evidence to back up her claims, including whether she could demonstrate the flow of the money. But Veselnitskaya said the Trump campaign would need to research it more. After that, Trump Jr. lost interest, according to Akhmetshin.

“They couldn’t wait for the meeting to end,” he said".

https://apnews.com/dceed1008d8f45afb314aca65797762a/Russian-American-lobbyist-says-he-was-in-Trump-son's-meeting

“It’s almost embarrassing being an American citizen… and listening to the stupid shit we have to deal with in this country.”

— J.P. Morgan CEO Jaime Dimon, quoted by CNBC.

16 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

I think I can gracefully retire now, MRleft8 and SV summed it up better than I could have managed to. 

There are some well spoken people across the political spectrum here. Some idiots too, but the well spoken ones keep me coming back.

9 hours ago, Mark K said:

FOX is the keystone. As long as they continue to defend him his approval ratings will continue to feature two digits, but worse...the R's fear moving against him. Cross FOX and they will put a D after your name faster than you can say "Newt Gingrich".    

They are becoming uneasy...but it's not close enough to breaking Reagan's 11th Commandment to make a prediction they will. I think they will hold their nose up to the point where they come to believe the D's might win the House next year and they judge Trump to be the reason.  

I think they are on the verge of cracking and throwing in the towell with trump

D

12 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Money did it!! It is all money's fault 

The real story here will end up being the money laundering case. That's what Donald Trump is afraid of, and that is Mueller's end game in all this. If it turns out Trump's election was funded by Russian money, it will be game over for a lot of people. The rest? that's the pretty wrapping paper and the bow.

1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

D

Nope. Unless he changes the letter behind his name, he is good to go. He can do anything else and not lose his supporters. People of principle. 

It is just like the Obama years, the only people announcing his imminent demise are the ones who never wanted him in the first place. 

the number of well known powerful turncoats remains insignificant  

14 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The real story here will end up being the money laundering case. That's what Donald Trump is afraid of, and that is Mueller's end game in all this. If it turns out Trump's election was funded by Russian money, it will be game over for a lot of people. The rest? that's the pretty wrapping paper and the bow.

I think that's right. 

What boggles the mind is why a man with a background like his would put himself in a position that would lead to this kind of scrutiny. Ego I guess. 

11 minutes ago, Sean said:

I think that's right. 

What boggles the mind is why a man with a background like his would put himself in a position that would lead to this kind of scrutiny. Ego I guess. 

President Trump has lived his life using bullying tactics, obfuscation, and an army of attorneys to dodge figurative bullets. When you do that long enough, you start to think you are bullet-proof. 

The story used to be  the first TV Superman, thinking he could actually fly, jumped out a window  to his death 

Certainly nothing to this, eh?

09/10/2013: Preet Bharara indicts Prevezon for money laundering.

2013-2016 : Prevezon hires Natalia Veselnitskaya.

06/09/2016: Natalia Veselnitskaya contacts the Trumps and promises dirt on Hillary.

11/09/2016: Trump wins.

03/11/2017: Trump fires Preet Bharara.

05/12/2017: The Trump DOJ settles the $230 million Prevezon money laundering case for $6 million.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I think that's right. 

I disagree. Trump could personally drop a nuke on a major US city and the Republican Party would shrug and say "well there's no proof and besides BENGHAZI and besides that's what we elected him to do." Most of the Trumpies here would excuse it by saying the country is better off without all those goddam Democrats living in that urban hell-hole and besides we wanted to burn the bitch down.

The country is truly fucked over by a party who hates it and people/voters who hate freedom and opportunity. And they excuse it by saying they are sick of having a liberal agenda rammed down their throats, when in fact the Republican Party has strong majorities in most state houses and for 16 out of the last 20 years in the US Congress. So who/what is it that they're angry at??? They don't know but they hate-hate-hate something.

-DSK

10 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I disagree. Trump could personally drop a nuke on a major US city and the Republican Party would shrug and say "well there's no proof and besides BENGHAZI and besides that's what we elected him to do." Most of the Trumpies here would excuse it by saying the country is better off without all those goddam Democrats living in that urban hell-hole and besides we wanted to burn the bitch down.

The country is truly fucked over by a party who hates it and people/voters who hate freedom and opportunity. And they excuse it by saying they are sick of having a liberal agenda rammed down their throats, when in fact the Republican Party has strong majorities in most state houses and for 16 out of the last 20 years in the US Congress. So who/what is it that they're angry at??? They don't know but they hate-hate-hate something.

-DSK

They hate that they aren't getting rich, and they believe the lies told to them by Hedge fund managers, and bankers, and lobbyists, that it's the democrats that are holding them back, with regulations, and rules, and laws.

I listen to the farmers around here that are absolutely positive that if they're allowed to use more chemicals on their crops that they'll get more money for them.... But if they're all using chemicals, then they'll all be producing bumper crops, which will drive the price down. The only ones making out are the chemical companies, and the hedge fund managers who low balled peanut/soy/corn prices.....

22 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I listen to the farmers around here that are absolutely positive that if they're allowed to use more chemicals on their crops that they'll get more money for them.... But if they're all using chemicals, then they'll all be producing bumper crops, which will drive the price down. 

They need someone like Energy Secretary Scott to explain "supply and demand" to them. 

If people saw the vast piles of chemicals that get dumped on peanut fields several times a year, they might think twice about gobbling them down at happy hour.

Don't get me wrong, I love peanuts, and I'm not too particular who I buy them from, but watching the fields go from lush green, to sandy turned soil, to bright orange (weed killer before second/third plantings), and repeat over and over again, is pretty intimidating.

2 minutes ago, SV Airlie said:

Bus, isn't it dumbass Perry? No not, picking on you, just trying to correct this and I do make mistakes!

I do believe you are correct.... Mr. "Duh.... I forgot the other positions I was going to abolish" is the current secretary of the department of Energy....... Thank god it wasn't Bush....... "Mr. Low Energy" himself.... :D

6 minutes ago, SV Airlie said:

And washing those peanuts doesn't work. There's some chemical floating around that is causing a lot of grief; it's being applied to crops that are genetically altered to be resistant to this chemical. The problem is, this chemical is drifting on the same type of crop that hasn't been altered and not resistant. Bang, lots off "pissed off" farmers out there. Don't recall the name of this shit but, it's in the news.

dicampa

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/07/06/535669282/damage-from-wayward-weedkiller-keeps-growing

In theory my farming neighbors are supposed to inform me when using chemicals that may harm my citrus/apple/peach crops, or harm my bees, but I never hear anything. And suddenly the crop duster does a turn around over my fields, and I get residual blow off from the wands..... May be what killed my bees last year. In theory I'm supposed to turn on all my irrigation sprayers, and set up a shower water spray over my hives to prevent damage from blow by, but that's not feasible.

55 minutes ago, SV Airlie said:

Bus, isn't it dumbass Perry? No not, picking on you, just trying to correct this and I do make mistakes! "Scot Pruit" is the EPA. Regardless, both are flaming assholes.

Whoops. You are correct. 

We've got a big Zika virus fear campaign down here in FL and the insecticide crews are busy killing pretty much everything.  There has been a huge decline in butterflies for example and dragonfly hatches don't seem to last long.  I used to find guys like this by the dozens with one walk around the house.

dsc_0403acr107.jpg

Now, nowhere near as many.

4 minutes ago, SV Airlie said:

Thank Trump, he's gotten these regulations to protect these inconsequential invertebrates. DOW chemical, for one, thanks you.

The Zika scare and federal environmental regulations related to it came about on Obama's watch.  Of course, the state didn't and isn't helping.  Can't let people think that coming to Orlando might be dangerous.

26 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

We've got a big Zika virus fear campaign down here in FL and the insecticide crews are busy killing pretty much everything.  There has been a huge decline in butterflies for example and dragonfly hatches don't seem to last long.  I used to find guys like this by the dozens with one walk around the house.

dsc_0403acr107.jpg

Now, nowhere near as many.

Yep.

Big big problem.

We have lots of mosquitoes too and the fundie churches are always screeching "How do we KNOW that mosquitoes don't spread AIDS or Ebola etc etc" so I'm amazed the gummint isn't spraying plutonium or something. Remember it could always be worse.

-DSK

7 hours ago, dylan winter said:

D

I don't think they are on the verge, but are being forced to nod to the unimaginable, praying they won't have to shake its filthy hand.