• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sol Rosenberg

Drip Drip Drip

7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

If McCabe is a liar, would that make you think more or less of him?  

That would be less.

If McCabe is a liar would you still believe his firing was "a warning to others in the FBI and intel communities that they need to play ball or be ready to play hardball"?  

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

If McCabe is a liar, would that make you think more or less of him?  

In doggy's world, that would depend on whether the lie supports team red or team blue..

1 minute ago, Dog said:

That would be less.

If McCabe is a liar would you still believe his firing was "a warning to others in the FBI and intel communities that they need to play ball or be ready to play hardball".  

If evidence instead of rhetoric proves that McCabe is a liar, I would hold him in roughly the same esteem that I hold you, with bonus points for serving our country for two decades.  

20 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

If evidence instead of rhetoric proves that McCabe is a liar, I would hold him in roughly the same esteem that I hold you, with bonus points for serving our country for two decades.  

Well I guess your reliance on evidence this time has to be considered progress.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

Well I guess your reliance on evidence this time has to be considered progress.

The record speaks for itself. You’re only fooling yourself. 

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

The record speaks for itself. You’re only fooling yourself. 

It clearly does.

1 hour ago, RKoch said:

Trump was tricked into obstructing justice, according to latest Republican conspiracy theory. Pretty funny. At least they're admitting he obstructed justice...that's a start.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-tricked-obstruction-justice-firing-comey-gop-congressman-conspiracy-886300

The tranny tricked me into fucking her...I thought it was pussy.  

The dumbshit doesn't realize that he is currently exhibiting the behavior that Comey accused him of.  Cohen has been promised a pardon (which IS an admission of guilt) rendering him unable to practice law.  I'm waiting for Jr and Kush to be under the heat lamp again.  This whole thing is going up in flames.  Hopefully, there's dirt on Pence; I'll take Ryan given his announced retirement).  My GF at the time asked on election night what a Trump presidency would bring, a circus was my answer.  I understated it.  

1 hour ago, RKoch said:

Trump was tricked into obstructing justice, according to latest Republican conspiracy theory. Pretty funny. At least they're admitting he obstructed justice...that's a start.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-tricked-obstruction-justice-firing-comey-gop-congressman-conspiracy-886300

So there's a Republican conspiracy afoot to get Trump is there?  :lol:

Talk about the Theater of the Absurd.

7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

So there's a Republican conspiracy afoot to get Trump is there?  :lol:

Talk about the Theater of the Absurd.

Theater?  I thought you were centere and metere?  You do know Carter issued a pardon?  :D

27 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Very accurate and astute article. One can only hope that Trump doesn't start WW III,. in order to distract from the dismantling of his many crooked deals and ventures...

• Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 12:17 AM, Raz'r said:

Holy hell, Gouv’s kakistocracy...

WaPo -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2018/04/13/kakistocracy-a-374-year-old-word-that-means-government-by-the-worst-just-broke-the-dictionary/

Today was a productive vocabulary day in the United States of America.

The learning began in the morning, when former CIA director John O. Brennan tweeted at President Trump: “Your kakistocracy is collapsing after its lamentable journey.”

The insult was part of a raging feud between Trump and various members of the intelligence community, some of whom suspect the president’s inner circle of committing federal crimes, and many of whom Trump says are out to destroy him.

Brennan’s tweet proved quite popular with Trump’s critics, even if not everyone totally understood it.

What, wondered the actor/director Zach Braff and the fake congressman Steven Smith, and many others, was a “kakistocracy”?

And before we forget how tough Trump is being on Russia, because there is no collusion...

Trump Scraps New Sanctions Against Russia, Overruling Advisers

WASHINGTON — President Trump rejected, for now at least, a fresh round of sanctions set to be imposed against Russia on Monday, a course change that underscored the schism between the president and his national security team.

Mr. Trump was annoyed with Ms. Haley for getting out in front of the policy, the administration official said, and the president’s decision to reject sanctions left her hanging in public with her credibility on the line.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/16/us/politics/trump-rejects-sanctions-russia-syria.html

I wonder when Ms. Haley is going to get the boot. She should have checked with Putin before making such a statement.

13 minutes ago, bhyde said:

And before we forget how tough Trump is being on Russia, because there is no collusion...

WASHINGTON — President Trump rejected, for now at least, a fresh round of sanctions set to be imposed against Russia on Monday, a course change that underscored the schism between the president and his national security team.

Mr. Trump was annoyed with Ms. Haley for getting out in front of the policy, the administration official said, and the president’s decision to reject sanctions left her hanging in public with her credibility on the line.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/16/us/politics/trump-rejects-sanctions-russia-syria.html

I wonder when Ms. Haley is going to get the boot. She should have checked with Putin before making such a statement.

Not sure why she would think he'd back her up.  He has a rather long history of fucking over people.

Just now, Sean said:

It’s being suggested that Haley primary Trump in 2020. 

Bill Kristol

The Nikki Haley primary challenge to Donald Trump in 2020 is going to be epic.

While I don't have a major issue with her, acting as President Trump stooge at the UN is gonna leave a mark.

Kinda like it did on General Powell, after he acted on behalf of W and the war machine.

10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

While I don't have a major issue with her, acting as President Trump stooge at the UN is gonna leave a mark.

Kinda like it did on General Powell, after he acted on behalf of W and the war machine.

Has she made any representations at the UN you find objectionable?

12 minutes ago, Dog said:

Yes

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

I think she is tasked with an impossible job.  She has to represent the US while keeping a petulant toddler happy with her performance.

She has to know her credibility will take a shot every time she states a position and President Trump does the exact opposite.

Like, yesterday, for example. 

She will forever be tied to President Trump, and I believe that will curtail her political career.

It COULD be possible to come out like a shining start after working for Trump.

Maybe.  

Nobody has yet.

I think the taint of working for him will take it's toll on many of his picks.

She HAS risen to the challenge, I feel.

When she, in her own mind, starts thinking about a political future without Trump, we'll see more of her pushing back

on his policies.  How she deals with that storm will be her biggest test.

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I think she is tasked with an impossible job.  She has to represent the US while keeping a petulant toddler happy with her performance.

She has to know her credibility will take a shot every time she states a position and President Trump does the exact opposite.

Like, yesterday, for example. 

She will forever be tied to President Trump, and I believe that will curtail her political career.

Agreed. Anybody that works for that petulant narcissist will be stained for good. 

During WWII when occupied countries were liberated from the Nazis the locals shaved the heads of women that slept with German soldiers.   There will be a metaphoric head shaving.   Dog, TM, all the enablers and collaborators will be entered into the ledger.   

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Remember when she threatened to de-fund the UN if they didn't vote her way? I find that representation objectionable. Don't you?

1 hour ago, bhyde said:

Remember when she threatened to de-fund the UN if they didn't vote her way? I find that representation objectionable. Don't you?

I don't remember that. Got a cite?

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

I don't remember that. Got a cite?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/12/21/nikki_haley_threatens_un_with_defunding_over_resolution_condemning_us_jerusalem_decision.html

Or should he just repeat the claim a bunch of times until enough people believe it that it becomes the Doggy Style truth?  

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Not sure why she would think he'd back her up.  He has a rather long history of fucking over people.

Rather long?  You mean, like his whole fucking adult life, and career?

12 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Rather long?  You mean, like his whole fucking adult life, and career?

Well, if you want to specific.

And, accurate.

1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Nothing like empty threats and self-destructive verbiage to give Dog a boner.

Oh that's rich. Speaking of empty threats which administrations have paid lip service to moving the embassy to Jerusalem and what business is it of the UN where the US puts it's embassy anyway?

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

Oh that's rich. Speaking of empty threats which administrations have paid lip service to moving the embassy to Jerusalem and what business is it of the UN where the US puts it's embassy anyway?

Dog loves the Israel whistle.

7 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Nothing like empty threats and self-destructive verbiage to give Dog a boner.

Shoving that boner in people's faces then to make sure they don't miss it setting your bush on fire pisses people off and leaves you with a burnt dick.

1 minute ago, VhmSays said:

Shoving that boner in people's faces then to make sure they don't miss it setting your bush on fire pisses people off and leaves you with a burnt dick.

Better than bending over for it. Fuck um if the have a problem with where the US put's its embassy. 

Just now, Dog said:

Better than bending over for it. Fuck um if the have a problem with where the US put's its embassy. 

Would you vote for Haley over Trump in a Republican primary?

27 minutes ago, Dog said:

The US got pissed off in the UN as most refused to bend over. Haley even held a 45min party for those that stood (hostage) by the US while threatening the others with a list.

The Jerusalem thread is long and contains the salient details.

“As you consider your vote, I want you to know that the President and U.S. take this vote personally,” Haley wrote in an email. “The President will be watching this vote carefully and has requested I report back on those countries who voted against us. We will take note of each and every vote on this issue.”

Making threats on the podium plays well with the uninformed thats why Kim Jong Un does it. When the US does it and gets a big FU from the world its not a win. 

Edited by VhmSays
Added a bit
  • Like 1

I wonder if Mr. Mueller gets distracted by the echo chamber. I’m guessing not. 

Anyone want to venture a guess as to what Mueller’s team was investigating Michael Cohen for when they came up with the stuff they sent to Southern District NY for investigation?  Winner gets a trip to Prague, courtesy of The Fixer!

B87B9BE5-BBBF-4AC8-A65E-47665A4AE10E.jpeg

1 hour ago, VhmSays said:

The US got pissed off in the UN as most refused to bend over. Haley even held a 45min party for those that stood (hostage) by the US while threatening the others with a list.

The Jerusalem thread is long and contains the salient details.

“As you consider your vote, I want you to know that the President and U.S. take this vote personally,” Haley wrote in an email. “The President will be watching this vote carefully and has requested I report back on those countries who voted against us. We will take note of each and every vote on this issue.”

Making threats on the podium plays well with the uninformed thats why Kim Jong Un does it. When the US does it and gets a big FU from the world its not a win. 

If they're going to condemn the US for its choice on where to locate its own embassy... fuck um.

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

@Dog  got an answer?

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I wonder if Mr. Mueller gets distracted by the echo chamber. I’m guessing not. 

Anyone want to venture a guess as to what Mueller’s team was investigating Michael Cohen for when they came up with the stuff they sent to Southern District NY for investigation?  Winner gets a trip to Prague, courtesy of The Fixer!

B87B9BE5-BBBF-4AC8-A65E-47665A4AE10E.jpeg

Besides being Trumps 'fixer', Cohen also set up deals for him and was bagman for payoffs. Trump had lots of Russian connections, im sure Cohen was right there in the middle of them. Cohen also had Russian and Ukraine connections in his own business deals. I think his wife is Ukraine. Cohen has probably been on FBIs radar for quite some time. There probably wasn't much gap between Trump/Russia involving Cohen, and Cohen's own Russia dealings. Many of his associates appear to be under watch as Russian mob. Any hint of criminal activity and Cohen loses the shield of 'attorney' and becomes 'co-conspirator'.

8 hours ago, Dog said:

You are ignoring the point. Politics is as much about image as it is about facts. Nikki was seen to carry Trump's water at the UN. Not likely a big deal later in life for her, but it will be used against her in a primary she happens to be challenging Trump in. If Trump is so bad you want to replace him, those that followed his orders are not going to be high on your list of those you'd put into the role.

But hey, that doesn't tickle your partisan itch, so why don't you pretend it's something else instead. :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:
3 hours ago, Raz'r said:

@Dog  got an answer?

You kind of have to get under Dog's skin before he takes a position. I've found about five times, pointing out he is gutless, tends to get him riled up enough he takes a stand and shoots himself in the foot with it. 

2 hours ago, RKoch said:

Besides being Trumps 'fixer', Cohen also set up deals for him and was bagman for payoffs. Trump had lots of Russian connections, im sure Cohen was right there in the middle of them. Cohen also had Russian and Ukraine connections in his own business deals. I think his wife is Ukraine. Cohen has probably been on FBIs radar for quite some time. There probably wasn't much gap between Trump/Russia involving Cohen, and Cohen's own Russia dealings. Many of his associates appear to be under watch as Russian mob. Any hint of criminal activity and Cohen loses the shield of 'attorney' and becomes 'co-conspirator'.

An attorney pretty much loses the title of attorney when he does something that is enough to convince a judge to allow law enforcement to pierce the privilege. That goes through several layers of scrutiny. They flat out know that Cohen broke the law. 

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

@Dog  got an answer?

Oh Doggie, we see you out there.

Would you vote for Nikki over Trump in an R primary?

Can you bring yourself to say you’ll vote for a girl? 

or maybe its its a problem to vote for a person of color...

or is it that she’s a Sikh?

13 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

An attorney pretty much loses the title of attorney when he does something that is enough to convince a judge to allow law enforcement to pierce the privilege. That goes through several layers of scrutiny. They flat out know that Cohen broke the law. 

Mueller and company are playing this very smart. They are peeling the onion.

20 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Mueller and company are playing this very smart. They are peeling the onion.

Nikki’s about to see a tweet storm:

"With all due respect, I don't get confused," she said in a statement obtained by CNN's Jake Tapper.

5 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Nikki’s about to see a tweet storm:

"With all due respect, I don't get confused," she said in a statement obtained by CNN's Jake Tapper.

She's gone. Who is going to be the next US ambassador to the UN? Eric?

Once again Trump baulks at levelling sanctions against Russia and tries to blame others for that decision. It is quite the pattern.

16 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Once again Trump baulks at levelling sanctions against Russia and tries to blame others for that decision. It is quite the pattern.

He's still worried about that peepee tape coming out. 

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

She's gone. Who is going to be the next US ambassador to the UN? Eric?

Fuck I'll do it. They meet like once a week for an hour or two, right? I'll say some politically correct shit so no one gets upset and pretend to be listening to the translation while really listening to Pandora. How hard could it be?

24 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Fuck I'll do it. They meet like once a week for an hour or two, right? I'll say some politically correct shit so no one gets upset and pretend to be listening to the translation while really listening to Pandora. How hard could it be?

Sweet. I'll take the Chief of Staff job, since that's about to be available - you can have UN. Maybe Sol as SoS?

Hmmm Wayback machine:

Gannon College in Erie,PA used to host a Model United Nations thing. Our School’s delegation impressed somebody and we got invited to a thing in Washington DC. 

I went as part of my High School’s delegation to the North American Invitational Model United Nations event at Georgetown University in 1969. Our school won some awards based upon whatever the heck it was that we negotiated and a speech the girls wrote up and I delivered to the general assembly ... 

The award threw off some scholarship funds  that paid for most of my books for four years of college. Maybe it is time  to cash in whatever other chips that award is worth. 

Hey Gropenfuhrer!!! Want to hire somebody from outside the swamp who has experience dealing with faux UN?? 

Note: I am pretty sure Richard Nixon delivered his resignation speech at the Shoreham Hotel a few years later from the same podium we high school students had used to address the general assembly 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Sweet. I'll take the Chief of Staff job, since that's about to be available - you can have UN. Maybe Sol as SoS?

I'll take the BATFE. I can bring @bpm57 as a door stop.

9 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Oh Doggie, we see you out there.

Would you vote for Nikki over Trump in an R primary?

Can you bring yourself to say you’ll vote for a girl? 

or maybe its its a problem to vote for a person of color...

or is it that she’s a Sikh?

In a heartbeat.

Oh, and fuck off with your racist and sexist stereotyping ...fucking bigot.

6 hours ago, Raz'r said:

(to bhyde) Sweet. I'll take the Chief of Staff job, since that's about to be available - you can have UN. Maybe Sol as SoS?

What to do with @Spatial Ed?

9 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

But he did it very strongly. Many people are saying it. Belief me. 

11 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
10 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

But he did it very strongly. Many people are saying it. Belief me. 

I remember a time when, if a President balked at something like that, the label "Imperial" was applied.

Those were the days.

8 hours ago, Raz'r said:

I think Sol should be Attorney General since he is taller than Sessions and has normal ears. CoS for you would be perfect. You'd be in the same building as Kelly Ann and Steve Miller. How cool would that be? I'm sticking with the UN job, since I've been to the International House of Pancakes a couple of time I feel pretty confident that I can handle it.

Can I head the Dept. of Energy?

11 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Can I head the Dept. of Energy?

Hell, why not. I'm thinking Jeff over at the DoD. Seems like a good fit. Dog over at Education. And Warbird is my goto man at the EPA. MAGA - Make Anarchy Great Again!

May I please have HUD. My wife says we need a new dining room table.

I wanna be in charge of DAD*

*Department of Acronymic Development

I’d like to throw my hat in the ring for Director of the Department of Redundancy Department. *

*credit Firesign Theater

Ok, ok, hang on. We have a lot of work to do here.

We still have:

Department of Agriculture (USDA)

Department of Commerce (DOC)

Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)

Department of Homeland Security (DHS)

Department of the Interior (DOI)

Department of Labor (DOL)

Department of Transportation (DOT)

Department of the Treasury (DOMoney)

Department of Veteran Affairs (DOCodgers)

Ideas? Resumes? We'll get to the independent and Board/Commission levels later.

35 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Ok, ok, hang on. We have a lot of work to do here.

We still have:

Department of Agriculture (USDA)

Department of Commerce (DOC)

Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)

Department of Homeland Security (DHS)

Department of the Interior (DOI)

Department of Labor (DOL)

Department of Transportation (DOT)

Department of the Treasury (DOMoney)

Department of Veteran Affairs (DOCodgers)

Ideas? Resumes? We'll get to the independent and Board/Commission levels later.

I'll take the Dept of Labor..... especially the unwed mothers division

2 hours ago, phillysailor said:

I’ll take EPA, and much to the pleasure of all, will immediately go take a hike

In that case, you should take the Dept of Transportation

Thanks and don't forget to tip your waitress

-DSK

I have slight experience with show horses, believe that qualifies me to run FEMA. Whatever happened to Brownie, anyway?

20 minutes ago, RKoch said:

I have slight experience with show horses, believe that qualifies me to run FEMA. Whatever happened to Brownie, anyway?

"Heckuva job" is a tough act to follow.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

"Heckuva job" is a tough act to follow.

I'm quite sure I'm as utterly unqualified as he. Should I send my resume to the WH, or to Fox and Friends?

14 minutes ago, RKoch said:

I'm quite sure I'm as utterly unqualified as he. Should I send my resume to the WH, or to Fox and Friends?

cheapskate. I'm buying an ad slot on Faux and Frenemys for myself. Interior is all mine, and Chris Christie has nothing on the abuse of public lands I'll engage in. Anyone in for the Old Faithful hotdog boil over 4th of July weekend?

On 4/17/2018 at 10:12 AM, bhyde said:

No automatic alt text available.

Trump’s Long History of Getting Sued by His Own Lawyers 

“He’s a deadbeat.” 
MAX J. ROSENTHAL OCT. 27, 2016 10:00 AM 

trump-face-style1b.png 

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/trump-files-time-trumps-lawyers-sued-trump/ 

As our own Hannah Levintova reported in March, the Atlantic City law firm of Levine Staller saved one of Trump’s companies tens of millions of dollars in taxes—and then sued the company, Trump Entertainment, after the business tried to pay Levine Staller $1.25 million less than the firm was owed. 

In 2012, Levine Staller won a settlement that returned $35 million in overpaid taxes and cut $15 million from the company’s future liabilities, leading to a total savings of $50 million for the corporation. Trump agreed to pay $7.25 million to the law firm in legal fees, but then only paid Levine Staller $6 million before trying to claim the rest as unsecured debt in ongoing bankruptcy proceedings. In response, Levine Staller sued its former client, Trump Entertainment, and in 2014, a judge rejected Trump Entertainment’s request to be absolved of this debt and told the company to pay up.

It wasn’t an isolated case. Trump underpaid at least four law firms or lawyers who worked for him, according to various news outlets that looked into Trump’s history of cheating his contractors. One of them, Morrison Cohen LLP of New York City, had represented Trump in a lawsuit against a construction contractor that Trump claimed had overcharged him for work on a golf course. According to USA Today, Trump sued Morrison Cohen for using the case to help promote its work, and the firm countersued for almost $500,000 in unpaid bills. The case was settled in 2009.

It wasn’t just big amounts Trump tried to get out of paying, either. Bill Scherer, a lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, had to sue Trump in 1994 to collect $5,000 in unpaid legal bills from a case Scherer won for the billionaire. The lawyer told Reuters last year that he had offered Trump a low rate to “curry favor” with the mogul, but still had to sue. “He’s a deadbeat,” Scherer told South Florida’s Sun-Sentinel newspaper. Trump told Reuters that he couldn’t remember Scherer or the case at all.

social-durec-badge.gif

Ohhh! And while I'm not doing my job in the Dept. of Energy, could I also be in charge of foreign affairs?