• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Trump and the Russian Mafia

Anybody listen to "The Takeaway" on NPR today? All about Trump's Russian connections and shady dealings throughout his career in real estate. Bottom line: without the Russian mafia there would be no The Donald. Really worth listening to -

http://www.wnyc.org/story/the-takeaway-2017-07-13/

The guest on the show is the author of a lengthy piece in the New Republic linked below. In depth on the same topic -

Trump's Russian Laundromat

How to use Trump Tower and other luxury high-rises to clean dirty money, run an international crime syndicate, and propel a failed real estate developer into the White House.

https://newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundromat-trump-tower-luxury-high-rises-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

Heh!...... If Trump knows nothing about Russia, and has nothing to do with Russians other than selling a house to one "Many, many years ago", my name is Oleg Kostoglotov.

9 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Fake news. It was Obama's fault for not stopping it. Hillary was worse.  

Good points. Nothing to see here.

Listening to the audio and reading the New Republic article really left me with a sense that Trump is entirely beholden to the Russians. If they want to bring him down, they could it seems. And Trump knows it. Little wonder he speaks so highly of Russia and Russians. 

2 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Trump stated that he had ZERO contact with the Russians.  EVER!  Do you believe him or your lying eyes?

And all this info was gleaned from public records. 

28 minutes ago, Sean said:

Listening to the audio and reading the New Republic article really left me with a sense that Trump is entirely beholden to the Russians. If they want to bring him down, they could it seems. And Trump knows it. Little wonder he speaks so highly of Russia and Russians. 

Trump has been laundering ill-begotten booty from Russian oligarchs for years.  Payback time.   

14 hours ago, Sean said:

Trump has fucked up in business so many times that US and European banks won't deal with him. He's a sucker for anybody who tells him flattering bullshit, so the Russians find it easy to feed him flattering bullshit while they use him for their own purposes. The fact that he's been financed through Russian oligarchs has been public knowledge for years.

This is a big reason why "We have nothing to do with Russia, never met any Russians" etc etc sounds like hysterical lies. It's far too late to sweep this stuff under the rug. When Sessions claimed nobody he knew in the Trump organization had any contacts with any Russians, he is saying that he himself is either an idiot or a crook.

-DSK

Well, isn't it just the American way to be a politician and have connections too the mob?

sounds just like the Kennedys.........

carry on America.  

All his life Trump has been surrounded by criminals, con men,shysters and bullies..from his High school teachers, his father, Roy cohn...

As an adult he's chosen to buddy up to Russian criminals, partied with Pedo's and pimps.

How anyone could not see this life is in his bones and blood is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, Keith said:

Well, isn't it just the American way to be a politician and have connections too the mob?

carry on America.  

I did take that into account with my assessment :D..but trump rolls in it like a pig in shit, then saunters down the hall and rolls on the bed 

23 minutes ago, Keith said:

carry on America.  

JKF had connections to the *AMERICAN* mob. Might be criminals, but at least they are OUR criminals!

15 minutes ago, Dog said:

I listened to it and I didn't hear where Trump did anything wrong.

Have patience little Doggy, 

"The Financial Times reported Thursday morning that Felix Sater, former business partner of President Donald Trump with deep ties to the Mafia and Russian government, is cooperating in an international investigation into an alleged money-laundering network. Sater has a history of channeling money from prominent families in the Eastern bloc into Trump properties. This could pose problems for Trump, given Sater’s history of outing former close associates in exchange for immunity.

According to recent reports from The New York Times and Bloomberg, these financial connections are also being investigated by special counsel Robert Mueller as part of the investigation into the Trump campaign’s possible collusion with Russia." https://www.ft.com/content/159eb2d8-6162-11e7-8814-0ac7eb84e5f1\

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

Have patience little Doggy, 

"The Financial Times reported Thursday morning that Felix Sater, former business partner of President Donald Trump with deep ties to the Mafia and Russian government, is cooperating in an international investigation into an alleged money-laundering network. Sater has a history of channeling money from prominent families in the Eastern bloc into Trump properties. This could pose problems for Trump, given Sater’s history of outing former close associates in exchange for immunity.

According to recent reports from The New York Times and Bloomberg, these financial connections are also being investigated by special counsel Robert Mueller as part of the investigation into the Trump campaign’s possible collusion with Russia." https://www.ft.com/content/159eb2d8-6162-11e7-8814-0ac7eb84e5f1\

OK...I'll stay tuned.

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

This is going to make for an epic movie. Who's going to play Ivanka?

Paris Hilton.

42 minutes ago, Dog said:

I listened to it and I didn't hear where Trump did anything wrong.

Wow!! Just wow!! 

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Tomi Lahren (sp?). She does a great conservative act. 

That could work -

IMG_3043.JPG

14 minutes ago, Sean said:

This is going to make for an epic movie. Who's going to play Ivanka?

Good working title is "The Gang That Couldn't Keep Its Story Straight"

2 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Wow!! Just wow!! 

He sold real-estate to Russians. What did he do wrong?

1 hour ago, Dog said:

He sold real-estate to Russians. What did he do wrong?

Legally or ethically ??

if you believe the described transaction indicate the seller is a pure as the driven snow businessman who should include the transaction on his résumé when seeking a position at another firm, you and I do not share the same view of ethical behavior.

the purchase REEKS of money laundering. The fact Gropenfuhrer allowed himself to be part of the deal with so little vetting of the purchaser indicates he MAY be more concerned about money than ethical and legal behavior. 

If this were the only sleazy deal anyone had ever connected to Gropenfuhrer, it would still be  something about which we should be concerned.

instead, we have been informed of literally hundreds of not quite pure deals and behaviors.

my question to you: 

Why doesn't a resume of borderline sneaky, almost illegal, ethically abominable deals and a myriad of lawsuits ring bells and blow whistles about the  character of the man involved??

Have you ever chosen not to hang out with somebody because he just always seems to be doing things you wouldn't want to be caught doing?? 

To me? Gropenfuhrer is that guy. I don't want to have anything to do with guys like him. 

If you do not understand and clearly sympathivize with the author of the last two  sentences, my guess is you are one of those whose behavior and reputation would cause me to count my fingers after I shake hands. 

The POTUS shouldn't be a sheezeball most of us cannot find a way to trust.

( that is why I was pissed last summer when each major party nominated someone the majority of us found to be an untrustable  person. )

Your continued defense of Gropenfuhrer causes meceo wonder about your own morality and whether you have any ability to separate ethics from the written law. 

13 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Legally or ethically ??

if you believe the described transaction indicate the seller is a pure as the driven snow businessman who should include the transaction on his résumé when seeking a position at another firm, you and I do not share the same view of ethical behavior.

the purchase REEKS of money laundering. The fact Gropenfuhrer allowed himself to be part of the deal with so little vetting of the purchaser indicates he MAY be more concerned about money than ethical and legal behavior. 

If this were the only sleazy deal anyone had ever connected to Gropenfuhrer, it would still be  something about which we should be concerned.

instead, we have been informed of literally hundreds of not quite pure deals and behaviors.

my question to you: 

Why doesn't a resume of borderline sneaky, almost illegal, ethically abominable deals and a myriad of lawsuits ring bells and blow whistles about the  character of the man involved??

Have you ever chosen not to hang out with somebody because he just always seems to be doing things you wouldn't want to be caught doing?? 

To me? Gropenfuhrer is that guy. I don't want to have anything to do with guys like him. 

If you do not understand and clearly sympathivize with the author of the last two  sentences, my guess is you are one of those whose behavior and reputation would cause me to count my fingers after I shake hands. 

The POTUS shouldn't be a sheezeball most of us cannot find a way to trust.

( that is why I was pissed last summer when each major party nominated someone the majority of us found to be an untrustable  person. )

Your continued defense of Gropenfuhrer causes meceo wonder about your own morality and whether you have any ability to separate ethics from the written law. 

Focus Gov... I didn't say Trump had never done anything wrong. What I said was, I didn't see any wrongdoing in the activities described in report the subject of this thread. You apparently do so enlighten me. Your point about vetting perspective buyers is absurd, not to mention illegal. And as for your sanctimonious questioning of my morality, who the fuck are you?

13 minutes ago, Dog said:

Focus Gov... I didn't say Trump had never done anything wrong. What I said was, I didn't see any wrongdoing in the activities described in report the subject of this thread. You apparently do so enlighten me. Your point about vetting perspective buyers is absurd, not to mention illegal. And as for your sanctimonious questioning of my morality, who the fuck are you?

Sorry my Gropenfuhrer apologist. Most realtors will not sell to those whose circumstances are the same as the described buyer. Gropenfuhrer sold to a buyer whose methods reeked of money laundering. Gropenfuhrer's failure to check out the buyer was reckless at best and most certainly left himnooen to prosecution had money laundering been discovered by the authorities. 

Who am I?? I am one  if those who grew up knowing my earthly success was never worth enjoying residence in hell with the likes of Gropenfuhrer or the Clintons

24 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Sorry my Gropenfuhrer apologist. Most realtors will not sell to those whose circumstances are the same as the described buyer. Gropenfuhrer sold to a buyer whose methods reeked of money laundering. Gropenfuhrer's failure to check out the buyer was reckless at best and most certainly left himnooen to prosecution had money laundering been discovered by the authorities. 

Who am I?? I am one  if those who grew up knowing my earthly success was never worth enjoying residence in hell with the likes of Gropenfuhrer or the Clintons

Bullshit....Real-estate  transactions are not a trials and the seller is not a judge. Courts are where guilt or innocence is determined. If Trump did as you thinks is his moral duty he would land in court himself.

BTW...The realtor is not the seller.

21 hours ago, Sean said:

Anybody listen to "The Takeaway" on NPR today? All about Trump's Russian connections and shady dealings throughout his career in real estate. Bottom line: without the Russian mafia there would be no The Donald. Really worth listening to -

http://www.wnyc.org/story/the-takeaway-2017-07-13/

The guest on the show is the author of a lengthy piece in the New Republic linked below. In depth on the same topic -

Trump's Russian Laundromat

How to use Trump Tower and other luxury high-rises to clean dirty money, run an international crime syndicate, and propel a failed real estate developer into the White House.

https://newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundromat-trump-tower-luxury-high-rises-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

What could be more American than a mafioso turned POTUS?

59 minutes ago, Dog said:

Bullshit....Real-estate  transactions are not a trials and the seller is not a judge. Courts are where guilt or innocence is determined. If Trump did as you thinks is his moral duty he would land in court himself.

BTW...The realtor is not the seller.

The realtor is responsible for the veracity of the statements made by their client.

When was the last time you bought or sold a property through a real estate company?

22 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

The realtor is responsible for the veracity of the statements made by their client.

When was the last time you bought or sold a property through a real estate company?

Actually, a real estate broker is responsible for his or her own statements, and those of real estate salespersons working under the broker's license. This isn't limited to Realtors®

The term REALTOR® has one, and only one, meaning:

REALTOR® is a federally registered collective membership mark which identifies a real estate professional who is member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Actually, a real estate broker is responsible for his or her own statements, and those of real estate salespersons working under the broker's license. This isn't limited to Realtors®

The term REALTOR® has one, and only one, meaning:

REALTOR® is a federally registered collective membership mark which identifies a real estate professional who is member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics.

Exactly. This is why if I sell you a property,through a realtor as the agent, and I describe the well as potable, and you as the buyer find it laced with arsenic..... You sue the realtor for selling a property that was not as described.

I'm long gone. The realtor took my word as gospel, and if they didn't do field tests to assure that I was telling the truth, it's on them, not me because on my disclosure form it says: "To the best of your knowledge"..... Far as I knew the well was fine.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:38 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Tomi Lahren (sp?). She does a great conservative act. 

Brilliant -

IMG_3094.JPG

On 7/14/2017 at 3:19 PM, Dog said:

I said the same thing, in an earlier thread. 

NYC luxury real estate, last 25 years?  Surprised they only managed to find 13 examples of a shady Russian.  I'd have expected a lot more.  Unless you start discriminating against anyone Rich and Russian...

On 7/14/2017 at 5:34 PM, Mrleft8 said:

Exactly. This is why if I sell you a property,through a realtor as the agent, and I describe the well as potable, and you as the buyer find it laced with arsenic..... You sue the realtor for selling a property that was not as described.

I'm long gone. The realtor took my word as gospel, and if they didn't do field tests to assure that I was telling the truth, it's on them, not me because on my disclosure form it says: "To the best of your knowledge"..... Far as I knew the well was fine.

That's not what we're talking about, though.  Your property is for sale, some dude with a Russian accent offers to buy it for your asking price, cash. 

Do you or the broker have any sort of legal duty to investigate the ultimate source of that money?

Now, if they'd published this before the election... as a reason not to vote for the guy, it has legs.  Maybe.  But as far as a legal case, or getting his diehard supporters to wake up and smell the coffee... "good luck with that".

10 minutes ago, frenchie said:

I said the same thing, in an earlier thread. 

NYC luxury real estate, last 25 years?  Surprised they only managed to find 13 examples of a shady Russian.  I'd have expected a lot more.  Unless you start discriminating against anyone Rich and Russian...

That's not what we're talking about, though.  Your property is for sale, some dude with a Russian accent offers to buy it for your asking price, cash. 

Do you or the broker have any sort of legal duty to investigate the ultimate source of that money?

Now, if they'd published this before the election... as a reason not to vote for the guy, it has legs.  Maybe.  But as far as a legal case, or getting his diehard supporters to wake up and smell the coffee... "good luck with that".

Maybe so, but it sure seems like Trump is worried about something. Special Prosecutors rarely (if ever?) come up empty. I have my doubts about collusion, the Russians are too smart and the Trump camp is too dumb to pull that off. Mueller will keep digging till he finds something. 

The lame duck groper may be displeasing his mob bosses. It couid get very Kennedy like if he doesn't come through 

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

She just can't help herself.  She gets excited and goes off script, and boom goes the dynamite.  

She's on her parents' health plan.  http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/344507-obamacare-opponent-im-still-on-my-parents-insurance

There were plans that permitted that prior to the ACA.  I think you still needed to be living at home or college in the plans one of my employers offered.

6 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

There were plans that permitted that prior to the ACA.  I think you still needed to be living at home or college in the plans one of my employers offered.

Sure there were a few plans, Cadillac ones, that might have offered it.  But now they all have to.  That's what is great about the ACA.  Everyone gets the benny.