• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Bus Driver

Holy Shit

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

We all better pray to whatever deity we follow that this isn't even close to the truth. 

Linky

I read that article this morning and I agree that the money laundering could take Trump down. 

In the "Articles of Impeachment" thread I brought up the RICO Act.....

The new world order.....organised crime?

I hear s the author on NPR, in bits and pieces, and thought he was a bit overexcited. If half of this is true, there's going to be some big trouble, one way or another. 

And then I thought....

If organised crime ran the world, would it still be organised crime?

Wow!! 

Not that it matters. The kakistocracy won't read anything that long and there are lots of big words 

57 minutes ago, My name is Legion said:

I will never click a link that says "linky".

Put your shit on the table. Linky could take me anywhere.

Never once have I done anything nefarious with an embedded link. 

However, we used to have this poster who used his links in an attempt to mine information about people who clicked on them. Went by a few names, though he denied it. Maybe you know him. 

As for the link, it is to an article detailing how President Trump has been doing business with Russian organized crime figures. 

You better hope none of it is true. 

Well he's admitted to selling real estate to Russians..just a tad modest about the scope of it. Ergo..something stinks 

Russian mafia brings down the US government. Holy crap.

Donny will be lucky to survive impeachment. Well financed Russian ex-Spetznaz assassins are a whole different kettle of fish than racist thugs pissed off by a black president. 

5 hours ago, My name is Legion said:

If you don't know how to display the actual link, I understand why you would be afraid to click on anything. 

Try educating yourself on this. 

14 minutes ago, benwynn said:

If you don't know how to display the actual link, I understand why you would be afraid to click on anything. 

Try educating yourself on this. 

To that end - in most browsers, if you "hover" the mouse over a link, the URL will display in the status bar at the bottom of the browser window. 

Just now, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

To that end - in most browsers, if you "hover" the mouse over a link, the URL will display in the status bar at the bottom of the browser window. 

I think it was more an attempt to bitch at me.  

5 hours ago, My name is Legion said:

This is a start. You have described one level of debauchery beneath which you will not crawl.

1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

Russian mafia brings down the US government. Holy crap.

Donny will be lucky to survive impeachment. Well financed Russian ex-Spetznaz assassins are a whole different kettle of fish than racist thugs pissed off by a black president. 

No shit.

OTOH it totally fits the narrative. The Republican Party has marketed itself as the party that hates the US government. One of the catch-phrases has been 'shrink the government down to a size where it can be taken out and drowned in the bathtub." Now the Russians have just shortened the process for them.

-DSK

Isn't the ultimate in "shrink the government" a dictatorship?

Cause the current team seems to prefer that option on the world stage. Courts and Democrats are so pesky and get in the way. The sheeple don't like debate, the press are super annoying and always pushing fake news and nothingburgers. Scientists and their overblown facts and oh-so-serious theories about the environment are no fun. 

Crime and profitable business would be SO much easier without democracy, health care and the poor to worry about. 

1 minute ago, Dabnis2 said:

Ol' Donald, being rich & famous, & worse yet, a Republican, & for the last 8 years, or so, been operating under the BO administration,, has very likely had the cross hairs of the IRS, FBI, CIA, EPA, & Homeland Security aimed squarely in the middle of his back for a long, long time.

What is that, you say? "He sold  real estate to the Russians" Oh dear, is that illegal?

"Yea but, yea but, he is guilty until proven innocent" (Likely liberal quote)

Maybe if Ol' Donald does just like Hillary does with her foundation, just keep his head down, all this stuff will go away? 

I see no reason for you to hold Donald Trump to the same standard as Hillary Clinton. 

Hillary Clinton: Guilty until Proven Innocent

Donald Trump: Innocent

Does that pretty much cover it, Dabs?

More like, Hillary is guilty until proven dead, whereas Trump is innocent until his guilt is politically expedient. Must not waste a golden opportunity to profit or enjoy another's demise. 

6 minutes ago, Dabnis2 said:

Ol' Donald, being rich & famous, & worse yet, a Republican, & for the last 8 years, or so, been operating under the BO administration,, has very likely had the cross hairs of the IRS, FBI, CIA, EPA, & Homeland Security aimed squarely in the middle of his back for a long, long time.

What is that, you say? "He sold  real estate to the Russians" Oh dear, is that illegal?

"Yea but, yea but, he is guilty until proven innocent" (Likely liberal quote)

Maybe if Ol' Donald does just like Hillary does with her foundation, just keep his head down, all this stuff will go away? 

Back in my youth the Republicans claimed a quaint concept of morality.  Kennedy was wrong for power plots with an adversary.    Doing the right thing has been replaced by the easily defined concept of being the correct brand of Christian, irregardless of ethics or morality.

Donald hasn't been a Republican for all that long. For much of his life he supported a woman's right to choose and chose to sleep with women out of wedlock as a corrupt Democrat before he was a corrupt Republican. 

Seems both parties should be out to get this boorish Russian sympathizer, but as long as he is useful in destroying the government to the point where the Conservatives proclamations of governmental inefficiency and trustworthiness are correct, they will tolerate his foul stench in the WH. As soon as his "Sell By" date is up, tho, they will prosecute him and reap the patriotic rewards and acclaim for having saved the nation from tyranny. 

This sucks for the rest of us, bigly, since it's OUR national lands, environment, public schools, healthcare. judicial system, political discourse and civic health that will be ruined by this cynical self-inflicted & self fulfilling prophecy of governmental ineptitude. 

The result of conservatives running our government is only "good" for the über wealthy, and (it turns out) the Russians & the Chinese. The irony is as rich as our administration. 

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

I see no reason for you to hold Donald Trump to the same standard as Hillary Clinton. 

Hillary Clinton: Guilty until Proven Innocent the Next Investigation

Donald Trump: Innocent

Does that pretty much cover it, Dabs?

FIFY

-DSK

27 minutes ago, Dabnis2 said:

As far as I know, Ol' Donald hasn't been convicted of anything?

And if you refuse to look, you can continue to innocently claim that.

In actual fact, Donald J. Trump has been convicted of a bunch of things from tax fraud to housing discrimination. Ever heard of Trump University? Hint- he was not proven innocent in that case.

He's involved continually in a huge number of court cases from lawsuits to tax evasion, and his lawyers say "That's just what business is like in the US" without adding "if you're constantly trying to cheat everyone." You might find the case of Enriquez vs Trump interesting, it's just one of hundreds of such cases.

Oh Russia? Who cares, Hillary was worse. But if a guy has lied and stolen and cheated as many times as Trump has, why would you want him to be President and why would you believe him when he says "I did not have sex collude with that woman the Russinas to steal the election."

You're really a liberal trying to make conservatives look dumb, aren't you?

-DSK

Hey Dabs!! Look at what he said:

Choose one:

a. He did what he said he did 

b. He is a liar

He said he grabbed sues!! 

1 hour ago, SV Airlie said:

The popular vote is way more important than the electoral vote, it shows more people didn't vote for your messiah then didn't. IE, majority of the American people.

I don't know, SV. The popular vote doesn't count for anything other than bragging rights. 

It's the Electoral Vote that elects the POTUS. 

12 hours ago, My name is Legion said:

Don't be so Grumpy.

1 minute ago, My name is Legion said:

Well played. 

So which shit for brains did you used to be?  And FWIW Trump isn't going anywhere, the Republicans still support him by 90% because if Trump goes down they all become vulnerable. It's the ultimate Party before Country gig.

9 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

So which shit for brains did you used to be?  And FWIW Trump isn't going anywhere, the Republicans still support him by 90% because if Trump goes down they all become vulnerable. It's the ultimate Party before Country gig.

That's the math... why?   Pence is reliable.   His faith is believable, if misguided.    He'd appoint conservative nutbags and gut public education in favor of religious education keeping DeVos.    We'd have a few months of calling Trump the fake Republican, the trolls would suddenly like the wedding photo with the Clintons.   Then two years for us to forget the Republicans fuck up, while blaming the whole fiasco on the Russians and Hilliary for losin.   The midterm seats are jerrymandered safe, it's a long time to 2020.   Why do the party faihful keep on lovin their gold man?   Saorsa?   Dog?   Old airplane?    Anybody?   What's the attraction?   

5 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

SfB? That's Meli. According to some of the legends here, I'm about a dozen different retired posters. The WB people think I'm one of them and the non WB people think I'm not. 

Some days I'm not sure who I am or who you folks want me to pretend to be. :rolleyes:

I know Trump's not going anywhere, it's the rest of you stamping your little feet insisting that he must.

27 minutes ago, My name is Legion said:

SfB? That's Meli. According to some of the legends here, I'm about a dozen different retired posters. The WB people think I'm one of them and the non WB people think I'm not. 

Some days I'm not sure who I am or who you folks want me to pretend to be. :rolleyes:

I know Trump's not going anywhere, it's the rest of you stamping your little feet insisting that he must.

I know which shit for brains you are now, I asked which one you used to be, of course not expecting an answer since you are a shit for brains.  You are just one more Party Power before Country dickwad. Welcome back.

6 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

I know which shit for brains you are now, I asked which one you used to be, of course not expecting an answer since you are a shit for brains.  You are just one more Party Power before Country dickwad. Welcome back.

Oh, you "know" do you? Give yourself an attaboy for being so fucking clever.

What name do you want to add to the list? It's pretty fucking long and growing.

Doesn't really matter who one thinks this sock is..It's just a weakling having a virtual wank.

I know who it is, but being a generous soul, you can call it anything you choose. :D

15 minutes ago, My name is Legion said:

Doubt what? His employment status or the food stamps?

Yes

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Doesn't really matter who one thinks this sock is..It's just a weakling having a virtual wank.

I know who it is, but being a generous soul, you can call it anything you choose. :D

See? You just can't leave it be can you? So who am I today? Scratchynuts? Big fella? Happy Jack?

You're a fucking idiot.

Just now, My name is Legion said:

See? You just can't leave it be can you? So who am I today? Scratchynuts? Big fella? Happy Jack?

You're a fucking idiot.

Two out of three ain't bad.

8 minutes ago, My name is Legion said:

Oh, you "know" do you? Give yourself an attaboy for being so fucking clever.

What name do you want to add to the list? It's pretty fucking long and growing.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point now is it. 

4 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

You think he has a strong point?? 

8 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

My reading comprehension is just fine, thank you very much. I don't want to be your friend. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

You think he has a strong point?? 

Hooray! A post from Gouv that is actually legible! Well done son!

Baby steps, now see if you can get ten consecutive words down without spelling errors. We still have some work to do with your grammar though. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, My name is Legion said:

Hooray! A post from Gouv that is actually legible! Well done son!

Baby steps, now see if you can get ten consecutive words down without spelling errors. We still have some work to do with your grammar though. :rolleyes:

Air roars

err rurse

ehr hers

air rears

Legion Sucks

there ya go!! Ten words and I didn't spell errors a single time!

29 minutes ago, My name is Legion said:

My reading comprehension is just fine, thank you very much. I don't want to be your friend. :rolleyes:

No, it's not Grumpy.

19 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Air roars

err rurse

ehr hers

air rears

Legion Sucks

Okay. THAT was good. :lol:

5 hours ago, Dabnis2 said:

As far as I know, Ol' Donald hasn't been convicted of anything? 

As far as you know has Hillary been convicted of anything? 

Please answer in the form of a question.

9 minutes ago, benwynn said:

As far as you know has Hillary been convicted of anything? 

Please answer in the form of a question.

You get a gold star for that one

IMG_3044.JPG

2 minutes ago, Dabnis2 said:

Not that I know of?  Democrats, especially really slippery ones like her, are really hard to convict, especially during a Democrat President's Administration:

But Donny is a Republican.  Remember?

And he said that if elected, he would start an investigation of her on day one. 

Lying to your supporters is not polite.

Why the hatred for food stamps? Any 10,000 on that benefit haven't taken as much from the US Treasury as did the Donald while he was still a private citizen. 

And now that he's our golfer in chief? You'd probably have to go up a couple of orders of magnitude to equal his cost to the nation. 

And he's just getting started. 

Well he's straight off the plane from a jaunt in Paree to the Tennis..Gotta admire the mans dedication to pleasure seeking..Buy the man a fiddle.

12 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Well he's straight off the plane from a jaunt in Paree to the Tennis..Gotta admire the mans dedication to pleasure seeking..Buy the man a fiddle.

Golf........

On 7/13/2017 at 6:56 PM, Bus Driver said:

We all better pray to whatever deity we follow that this isn't even close to the truth. 

Linky

If it is true, its a big ass match and a can of gasoline that is needed to burn this bitch down.  People will be so disgusted with the fraud and corruption that it will finally wake them the fuck up to actually paying attention to what politicians are doing and not doing and we will see at least a couple of decades of the cleanest, most transparent gov't ever.  It will make the aftermath of Nixon look like a debutante ball.  We might even get a whole new party out of this.  One can only hope.....

15 minutes ago, Sportboat Jeff said:

If it is true, its a big ass match and a can of gasoline that is needed to burn this bitch down.  People will be so disgusted with the fraud and corruption that it will finally wake them the fuck up to actually paying attention to what politicians are doing and not doing and we will see at least a couple of decades of the cleanest, most transparent gov't ever.  It will make the aftermath of Nixon look like a debutante ball.  We might even get a whole new party out of this.  One can only hope.....

Oh, it's all true. All that info was sourced from public records according to the editor of New Republic on the NPR link. 

I spent 20 years in Manhattan commercial real estate and I can tell you, he's as sleezy as he's made out to be in the article. 

The matters in the OP have been what I'm waiting for. Just a matter of time for the details to emerge.

For the bit players, I wonder what it feels like hoping the Russians have no contract out on your ass.

1 hour ago, Sportboat Jeff said:

If it is true, its a big ass match and a can of gasoline that is needed to burn this bitch down.  People will be so disgusted with the fraud and corruption that it will finally wake them the fuck up to actually paying attention to what politicians are doing and not doing and we will see at least a couple of decades of the cleanest, most transparent gov't ever.  It will make the aftermath of Nixon look like a debutante ball.  We might even get a whole new party out of this.  One can only hope..

It won't wake anyone up. In fact the opposite, turning people off is more likely.

Where are the Russian Oligarchs going to find a place to safely keep their money if Russia screws the US of A as completely as Russia (and Trump) seems to be screwing her this time around?

Well, Trimp has said only he can save the World.  Maybe we have it wrong- maybe Putin is in thrall to Trump? 

Its s Bannon - Miller fantasy:lol:

14 hours ago, Sportboat Jeff said:

Who are you mad at? Republicans have controlled the Congress for 16 of the last 20 years, and control most state houses. Why did you deliberately choose the biggest lying crook of an asshole you could find? The only logical reason is that you hate the US, which begs the question why don't you just fuckin' move instead of trying to harm your neighbors & family?

-DSK

13 hours ago, Amati said:

Where are the Russian Oligarchs going to find a place to safely keep their money if Russia screws the US of A as completely as Russia (and Trump) seems to be screwing her this time around?

I don't think they thought that far ahead.

Another thing, they will have plenty of money rolling in from their other "deals" so if the US crashes harder than 2008 and suffers massive political disturbances as well, it's the ultimate "buy low" opportunity... dunno who they're going to "sell high" to, though. British Royals, maybe?

-DSK

14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I don't think they thought that far ahead.

Another thing, they will have plenty of money rolling in from their other "deals" so if the US crashes harder than 2008 and suffers massive political disturbances as well, it's the ultimate "buy low" opportunity... dunno who they're going to "sell high" to, though. British Royals, maybe?

-DSK

Chinese.

15 hours ago, Sportboat Jeff said:
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:56 PM, Bus Driver said:

Linky

investigation into these type of allegations won't go very far - the investigators will need insight into trump's privately held companies, some going back 25 years.

subpoena's to the sitting president from congress / mueller? that's going to be a privilege fight to the death

22 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Air roars

err rurse

ehr hers

air rears

Legion Sucks

Have you and Woody been swapping your spelling homework? 

20 hours ago, Sportboat Jeff said:

I admire your optimism, but hoping is all there is. It's unlikely to ever change. 

19 hours ago, Amati said:

The UK. 

1 hour ago, mad said:

Have you and Woody been swapping your spelling homework? 

Snaggie

20 hours ago, Amati said:

Keeping is easy. Cyprus, Caymans, hell, even Singapore. If they will do Nork laundry they will do anyone's, I reckon. Investing is trickier. 

On 7/15/2017 at 0:54 PM, Steam Flyer said:

Who are you mad at? Republicans have controlled the Congress for 16 of the last 20 years, and control most state houses. Why did you deliberately choose the biggest lying crook of an asshole you could find? The only logical reason is that you hate the US, which begs the question why don't you just fuckin' move instead of trying to harm your neighbors & family?

-DSK

I'm not mad at anyone and I didn't choose Trump.  I want the GOP to burn to the ground for being such dumbasses.  But I also want the Dems to burn as well for the same.

The people who chose trump were both Dem and GOP and they were angry for the duopoly fucking them.  Its not about party, its about the political establishment have left the common folks behind.  Both parties have done it and people are fucking sick and tired of it.  Trump was the outsider and people wanted hope and change.  They were idiots for thinking trump would bring it, but when you've had 8 years of hopey and changey promises and not gotten it, you're ready for pretty much anything.  

I'm not justifying it, just explaining it.

edit to add:  Without meaning to sound seditious - I would love for the slate to be wiped clean.  Empty congress out, empty the WH out, maybe even empty out the the SCOTUS - and start over.  We've lost the plot of what this experiment in democracy was supposed to be.  These fuckers are supposed to work for WE THE PEOPLE, not for themselves and not for special interests and not for corporate people.  Fuck ALL of them!  And I'm hoping that this mess with Trump wakes everyone in the country up to this fact.

8 minutes ago, Sportboat Jeff said:

I would love for the slate to be wiped clean.  Empty congress out, empty the WH out, maybe even empty out the the SCOTUS - and start over.  We've lost the plot of what this experiment in democracy was supposed to be.  These fuckers are supposed to work for WE THE PEOPLE, not for themselves and not for special interests and not for corporate people.  Fuck ALL of them!

^^^X1,000,000

20 minutes ago, Sportboat Jeff said:

The people who chose trump were both Dem and GOP and they were angry for the duopoly fucking them.  Its not about party, its about the political establishment have left the common folks behind.  Both parties have done it and people are fucking sick and tired of it.  Trump was the outsider and people wanted hope and change.  They were idiots for thinking trump would bring it, but when you've had 8 years of hopey and changey promises and not gotten it, you're ready for pretty much anything.  

Actually, that's not true. Very few Democrats voted for Trump, personally I would bet that such a tiny percentage did that you might as well say none. The people who voted for Trump are the Republicans who cannot fathom why there is still gay marriage, why there are Mexicans taking their construction jobs, and who are just plain pissed all the fuck off because Obama

Blaming it on a reaction against the hopey-changey stuff sounds great but why didn't you turn out the Congress that fucked everything up? IIRC there was a slight turnover, only a few seats.

The fact is, Trump won because he got a lot of people who are fueled by hate to storm to the polls. By percentage of population, he did worse than Romney. But Hillary was a boring candidate and an annoying personality, and she pissed off a lot of Democrats who did not flock to the polls... combined with the many states making it more difficult anyway.

27 minutes ago, Sportboat Jeff said:

edit to add:  Without meaning to sound seditious - I would love for the slate to be wiped clean.  Empty congress out, empty the WH out, maybe even empty out the the SCOTUS - and start over.  We've lost the plot of what this experiment in democracy was supposed to be.  These fuckers are supposed to work for WE THE PEOPLE, not for themselves and not for special interests and not for corporate people.  Fuck ALL of them!  And I'm hoping that this mess with Trump wakes everyone in the country up to this fact.

I don't think that's seditious, that's a big part of what IS SUPPOSED to happen in a democracy. Can't wipe the Supreme Court clean but everything else, sure. Does that mean you will vote for a Democrat over a Republican incumbant? Most Republcians would obsinately refuse, most would probably be offended by the suggetion.

Personally, I have voted for many Republicans over the years and may do so again; voting against incumbents is one of my default votes in the absence of strong reasons one way or the other.

-DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Actually, that's not true. Very few Democrats voted for Trump, personally I would bet that such a tiny percentage did that you might as well say none. The people who voted for Trump are the Republicans who cannot fathom why there is still gay marriage, why there are Mexicans taking their construction jobs, and who are just plain pissed all the fuck off because Obama

Blaming it on a reaction against the hopey-changey stuff sounds great but why didn't you turn out the Congress that fucked everything up? IIRC there was a slight turnover, only a few seats.

The fact is, Trump won because he got a lot of people who are fueled by hate to storm to the polls. By percentage of population, he did worse than Romney. But Hillary was a boring candidate and an annoying personality, and she pissed off a lot of Democrats who did not flock to the polls... combined with the many states making it more difficult anyway.

I don't think that's seditious, that's a big part of what IS SUPPOSED to happen in a democracy. Can't wipe the Supreme Court clean but everything else, sure. Does that mean you will vote for a Democrat over a Republican incumbant? Most Republcians would obsinately refuse, most would probably be offended by the suggetion.

Personally, I have voted for many Republicans over the years and may do so again; voting against incumbents is one of my default votes in the absence of strong reasons one way or the other.

-DSK

Agreed.  I generally vote anti incumbent for federal.   I may vote for local if I've had positive personal contact.   School board has multiple nuts applying so actual research is needed.   Some of those women are freaky scary.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:11 AM, SV Airlie said:

He lost the POPULAR vote, that's reality. Still is driving Trump nuts. The popular vote is way more important than the electoral vote, it shows more people didn't vote for your messiah then didn't. IE, majority of the American people.

SV, I think it is well established that Trump is a cunt but you are fast proving that you are a STUPID cunt. All your bitching and moaning about the popular vote isn't going change anything. And think about this. There were 231 556 622 US Citizens who were eligible to vote in the election. 65 844 610 voted for Clinton. That means that only 28.4% of Americans who could have voted for her, did. So as usual you are delusional - the vast majority of the population ( 71.6%) didn't vote for her either. Here is even more proof of your stupidity. The only person on this forum that Dabs frequently owns is you. 

The faithful will keep those incumbents in place while screaming for term limits. Isn't a kakistocracy great?? 

40 minutes ago, Lark said:

Agreed.  I generally vote anti incumbent for federal.   I may vote for local if I've had positive personal contact.   School board has multiple nuts applying so actual research is needed.   Some of those women are freaky scary.

Harper Valley PTA comes to mind......

11 minutes ago, SV Airlie said:

When you were born, the doctor slapped you and when your mother took him, she slapped you twice because once wasn't enough. She apparently figured out you wouldn't be worth shit when you grew up the first time she looked at you. Seems that she was right!

You taught Middle School, didn't you?

33 minutes ago, SV Airlie said:

When you were born, the doctor slapped you and when your mother took him, she slapped you twice because once wasn't enough. She apparently figured out you wouldn't be worth shit when you grew up the first time she looked at you. Seems that she was right!

When you were born the doctor took one look at you and slapped your mother.