• Announcements

    • Zapata

      Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

      Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
mariantic

When does americascup.com pass to TNZ

Recommended Posts

Pretty sure I remember the domain americascup.com passed to ORACLE (or ACEA) from SNG  after the 33rd Cup

Am I correct in this and how long after the event did it happen? If so I guess it will be passing over to TNZ?

mariantic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's specified in the PIA pre-incorporation agreement from 1986 - I had a copy once upon a time but can't find it anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^

49.4. Control of ACPI: A Challenger winning the America’s Cup in the Match shall take control of ACPI in accordance with the terms of the Pre-
incorporation Agreement dated October 1, 1986 and the constitution of
ACPI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ezyb said:

It's specified in the PIA pre-incorporation agreement from 1986 - I had a copy once upon a time but can't find it anymore

 

2 hours ago, nav said:

^

49.4. Control of ACPI: A Challenger winning the America’s Cup in the Match shall take control of ACPI in accordance with the terms of the Pre-
incorporation Agreement dated October 1, 1986 and the constitution of
ACPI.

Err? the was no internet in 1986. So I don't understand please elaborate, and explain PIA and ACPI both new on me. 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Americas Cup Properties Inc owns all of the trademarks and IP associated with the AC and "ownership" of the corp passes from old trustee to new trustee upon a successful challenge.  That IP includes the website (there was an amendment in 2000 so I can't remember if it was specifically called out).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AC site was pretty good this time, let's hope it maintains or improves. 

Big factors for me were the continued LiveLine improvements in the TV coverage but also all that publicly available and free data out of every race run. Brilliant data - it got even better after the conclusion of the ACWS when AC50-exclusive values like AWA and AWS also got included. Free!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will teams now get their own individual websites back or will they still have to be under this americascup.com umbrella? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ezyb said:

^ Americas Cup Properties Inc owns all of the trademarks and IP associated with the AC and "ownership" of the corp passes from old trustee to new trustee upon a successful challenge.  That IP includes the website (there was an amendment in 2000 so I can't remember if it was specifically called out).

Thanks mate:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

The AC site was pretty good this time, let's hope it maintains or improves. 

Big factors for me were the continued LiveLine improvements in the TV coverage but also all that publicly available and free data out of every race run. Brilliant data - it got even better after the conclusion of the ACWS when AC50-exclusive values like AWA and AWS also got included. Free!

 

It was 'free' because ACDUH had hoped that someone somewhere would use the data and build a killer app that would get the world watching/consuming....didn't happen

 

6 hours ago, KZ-1 said:

Will teams now get their own individual websites back or will they still have to be under this americascup.com umbrella? 

 

If the Defender wants that sort of control/restriction they just have to get the COR to agree and to put it in the Protocol - last time it came right after the 10 pages of insurance requirements and entry fees and just before the section on The Inquisition and disrepute.....:blink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/07/2017 at 9:07 AM, laser 173312 said:

 

Err? the was no internet in 1986. So I don't understand please elaborate, and explain PIA and ACPI both new on me. 

Thanks 

According to the internet the first web domain was registered in 1985.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Boybland said:

According to the internet the first web domain was registered in 1985.

the internet has been around since the '70s, its the web that is a relative youngster having lurched into life in the '80s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jaysper said:

the internet has been around since the '70s, its the web that is a relative youngster having lurched into life in the '80s.

Yeah I just figured because it as the domain itself in question the first domain name was more relevant :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boybland said:

Yeah I just figured because it as the domain itself in question the first domain name was more relevant :)

Ah, my point was more to laser than yourself. Too lazy to do two quotes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2017 at 9:07 AM, laser 173312 said:

 

Err? the was no internet in 1986. So I don't understand please elaborate, and explain PIA and ACPI both new on me. 

Thanks 

As ezyb has noted ACPI came into being in 1986, after the Ozzer defeat of Dennis Conner in Newport and in the runup to the Royal Perth Yacht Club '87 Cup defence in Perth. Ernie Taylor, a member of RPYC took over the job of hosting the defence and moved swiftly to collate, organise and protect all the current and future intellectual property relating to the America's Cup as the Cup emerged from 135 years of NYYC custodianship 

The internet certainly exited at that time and the World Wide Web was just emerging. The Sailing Forum on CompuServe did some early reporting from Fremantle.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Might take awhile....

Wasn't anything to do with them, other than the LE  beer subsidy they love - and they were facing in the wrong direction anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2017 at 9:37 AM, ~Stingray~ said:

Nice.

But I still want a text-copy capable format of the Protocol.pdf !

And I want 5 nights in the holodeck with Jessica Alba and her identical twin sister. Good news for you is that you have a damned good chance of your wish being granted at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks fully ETNZ'd to me now.

 

I'd love to buy a Team New Zealand hat or shirt but I won't because they are really all about Fly Emerites, really a turn off. I get the need for the sponsor but won't do it won't be a walking advertisement for Emerites.

 

Where do I find just a Team New Zealand shirt or hat? anyone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigrpowr said:

so ETNZ killed all video's from 2013 on youtube ? thats low .

You can blame the cheaters for that - they nuked them in a petulant hissy fit after getting humiliated in Bermuda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:54 AM, Mariner said:

Looks fully ETNZ'd to me now.

 

I'd love to buy a Team New Zealand hat or shirt but I won't because they are really all about Fly Emerites, really a turn off. I get the need for the sponsor but won't do it won't be a walking advertisement for Emerites.

 

Where do I find just a Team New Zealand shirt or hat? anyone? 

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rh2600/works/26963494-for-ourselves?grid_pos=1&p=classic-tee&rbs=546dbb03-95e2-4db3-b7c3-fa4b4fbd65b1&ref=artist_shop_grid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GD said in Cleans post-Bermuda interview that Oracle had "nicked" all digital content and he had no idea where everything had gone. He also said he thought no one would pay for an app ever again.

I feel a strong urge to commit unbridled internet piracy next cup, given where we are content-wise after the last 2 cups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bigrpowr said:

so ETNZ killed all video's from 2013 on youtube ? thats low .

it definitely wasnt etnz.  OR removed all the 2013 and 2017 months ago.  very sad state of affairs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Farmer writes, "...Louis Vuitton, which complained through an arbitration process of its treatment by Oracle...".  I have to assume the arbitration process Farmer mentions was in place during AC35.  This process was closed to public review and, if I remember correctly, public mention by anyone involved.  The arbitration involving Louis Vuitton and Oracle (or possibly ACEA) involving could have gone on for days and we have no knowledge of it.  Yet Farmer knows Louis Vuitton sought relief from its treatment by Oracle through arbitration, presumably entered into with the understanding neither party could seek further review by a court.  Does anyone recall mention of Louis Vuitton's complaint or how it was addressed?

Another arbitration involved ACEA and Team New Zealand.  The issue in this case was ACEA withdrawing from an agreement with Team New Zealand to hold preliminary races in Auckland.  We've been told the settlement involved some tens of millions in cash being awarded to Team New Zealand.  In the case of Louis Vuitton -Oracle we've not heard even this much.  I'd enjoy reading the details of one more thing ACEA did poorly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite an undertone of trying to appear impartial, Farmer has unfortunately succumbed to the temptation to jump on the bandwagon of ignorant criticism of ETNZ propagated by a fickle "media" not averse to sensationalism if it means a few more clicks by the great unwashed. His criticism made even worse as a former director of ETNZ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Qman said:

it definitely wasnt etnz.  OR removed all the 2013 and 2017 months ago.  very sad state of affairs.  

agreed. pretty lame .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now