• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

hi, wondering hat are the blue elastic ropes below outer cockpit edge for? they look smart but the manual does not mention them at all... thanx!

Hmm not likely. Bungee cords go around the bow deck. These are on the stern side and on the outside beneath the deck. Maybe these are for single handed trapeze sailing (single crew)?

I've given away my Vago, but I do recall having blue elastic bungee on the boat, and I do recall them hooking up to the trapeze. Several vivid memories of me capsizing, me getting dragged behind, looking at the blue bungee stretching out, and wondering "is that gonna break?"

Righting line take-ups? Thanx but still don't get it. Dex can you explain please? 

As I said this is not trapeze bungee, that one is in front. These two are on the sides... 

24 minutes ago, andro said:

Righting line take-ups? Thanx but still don't get it. Dex can you explain please? 

As I said this is not trapeze bungee, that one is in front. These two are on the sides... 

2-3' length of line under rail, goes through an eye with elastic take-up.

On capsize stand on board, pull line. 

Elastic extends until stopper on line hits eye under rail as a righting aid.

Let go of righting line and it all snaps back up tidy under rail.

I agree with Dex - my RS Vision had a similar righting line arrangement. I rarely used it, unless the boat turtled, and usually not even then. Didn't find it all that useful, but it does let you apply a little more leverage.