• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

It has to be in summer months according to the deed of gift if my memory serves me correctly...so ezyb guess seems correct

However haven't seen any confirmation of Auckland, it would not surprise me if Dalts auctions it off between the cities. Just because RNZYS is in Auckland doesn't mean it has to be in Auckland does it ?????

Home waters of the defending club.

It may not be spelt out in the DoG like that but after the bad smell of Bermuda TNZ would do a lot of good by sticking with the obvious.

1 hour ago, rgeek said:

Home waters of the defending club.

It could be argued that means Auckland.......to be honest its very likely to be Auckland even for the simple reason that ETNZ have their homes in Auckland, which saves a lot of housing costs for ETNZ and be a big expense for a challenger. 

Early 2021, I believe they will be going towards a open 60 concept and should align with the VOR. Dalts made it clear he is pissed with the fragmented sport. They will also get amazing press with late 2020 events that can dovetail with the Vendee Globe. I doubt they will poach the vendee skippers, but they have to take that into consideration. The VOR has specifically scheduled their event to avoid the vendee. 

THe biggest issue I see is the boat, not the timing. They know when they will be doing it, they know how it fits with other events, they know they can grow real teams that can integrate VOR, Vendee, and AC. The crux is that the 60s won't match race good. so they need to figure something out. Perhaps the VOR inshore cat venture might be the key. Not sure. 

The 2 year circuit of the VOR can integrate perfectly with the AC. 

From VOR

"The 2017-18 edition starts 22 October from Alicante and will finish at the end of June next year in The Hague, Netherlands. The three races after that will run 2019-20, 2021-22 and 2023-24 and the tender process for Host Cities is now open for all 3 editions."

1 hour ago, ipexnet said:

Early 2021, I believe they will be going towards a open 60 concept and should align with the VOR. Dalts made it clear he is pissed with the fragmented sport. They will also get amazing press with late 2020 events that can dovetail with the Vendee Globe. 

Your idea of synching major sailing events has merit, even if its not true its still a great idea. The boat itself might be more an italian decision than ETNZ considering the Italians gave a lot of money to the Kiwis to have this right. I wouldnt be surprised to see largest maxis allowed  under the DOG.  To be honest its all a guess at the moment we will have to wait and see.