• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

11 hours ago, My name is Legion said:

Report I'm reading says "a woman" slapped the back of the car. I don't think they're claiming the victim slapped the car

Same document, a bit further in, says the woman who slapped the car later died in the alley.  IIRC, "subsequently became deceased" or some such mouthful.

12 hours ago, ease the sheet said:

Is it correct that she was talking to the cops for a short period of time before the shooting?f so, she hardly startled anyone.

And if she did startle, why did only one cop respond?

No idea where you got that from.  The partner's account is they turned around, because of a loud noise, and she was suddenly there, at his window.

On 7/25/2017 at 1:33 PM, Legion of Modernrate Jack said:

Being Aussie she will naturally go to the drivers window first, your passenger side.

So how many nano seconds does it take young quick draw mc graw to wrangle the uncomfortable gun, take off safety and unleash two rounds at a she devil?

Not sure why you bring that up... she didn't go to the "aussie" driver's side.  She went to "our" driver's side. 

She HAD been living in the US for awhile, you know.

Noor wasn't driving, he was in the passenger's seat.  Fired across his partner in the driver's seat.

1 hour ago, frenchie said:

Not sure why you bring that up... she didn't go to the "aussie" driver's side.  She went to "our" driver's side. 

She HAD been living in the US for awhile, you know.

Noor wasn't driving, he was in the passenger's seat.  Fired across his partner in the driver's seat.

My bro told me he had a rookie who was on his second day of his service. They have to ride with someone for a year of probation after leaving the academy. Said they pulled over a guy in a Porsche 911 for speeding, doing 75 in a 60 on the freeway at around 2 AM. The guy was in a suit, driving alone, about white guy, clearly well-to-do, forty-ish. When pulled over he hopped out of his car and strode back at them quickly taking oddly short quick steps, both of them hesitated and stood behind the opened doors of their cruiser...hand on gun butts.

The guy said "Here's my wallet and car keys", placing them on the nose of the hood of the cruiser and said "I have terrible diarrhea and need a moment in the bush." He then commenced to speed-walk towards the dense scrub-bush just fifteen or so feet away from the edge of the freeway. He looked at his new cop partner just in time to see him draw his weapon and take aim.

The kid was about to shoot a guy for speeding. He was told him to put it down.  Shit happens with new cops. 

On 7/25/2017 at 0:37 AM, frenchie said:

Some court document filed today, says she slapped the side of the car. 

Put that together with the partner's account... she walks up, they're both eyeballing this cyclist.  She slaps the car to get their attention. 

It startles them.  Noor panics, thinks they're being ambushed, shoots her.

Thought: it may have been her intention to startle them a bit.  She's called twice.  She's been sitting, waiting, listening to another woman probably get raped.  And NOW, when it's all over, NOW they show up... and just sit there, not even bothering to get out of their car... not even looking the right direction...

Any American thinks: Deliberately startle a cop?  What is she, high?  It's just... not normal.  I had to dig deep into my old Canadian mindset before it made sense to me.  Somewhere in my 20 years down here, I've internalized the basic rule that you never, ever, ever do anything that might possibly startle a cop.  And avoid anything that could possibly be interpreted as disrespect, either.  Yes sir, no sir.  No sudden movements.  Hands visible at all times.

Is that normal, anywhere else in the civilized world?

I've never lived in another country so don't know what is normal elsewhere.  There ARE Americans who are disrespectful to police officers. 

Do canadians treat police officers with disrespect?  I work with two and will ask tomorrow what they believe is normal behavior towards police officers there.

1 hour ago, Rockdog said:

I've never lived in another country so don't know what is normal elsewhere.  There ARE Americans who are disrespectful to police officers. 

Do canadians treat police officers with disrespect?  I work with two and will ask tomorrow what they believe is normal behavior towards police officers there.

I was a mouthy little shit in my 20's, and hung out with other mouthy little shits... and what's more punk rock than getting beat up by the cops?

Canadian cops take a lotta shit before they do anything. 

And even then... their version of "roughing you up" is 90% psychological; just rough enough to scare the shit out of you.  Never leaves a bruise or a mark (one exception: saw someone with a black eye, after.  Montreal, late summer, 1989).  You might be a little sore in places, for a few hours... but not the next day. 

I never, ever, ever worried they might shoot me. 

Now that it's clear we won't be getting any thug-looking pictures from the deceased's social media accounts, or any other attempts to pretend she deserved it in some way... when do the conspiracy theories about this being a false flag start cropping up?

On 7/25/2017 at 5:29 PM, Shortforbob said:
On 7/25/2017 at 5:27 PM, My name is Legion said:

Out of order! Cultural appropriation!

What would that be..white mysogynist, blame the victim cultural appropriation?

On 7/25/2017 at 5:44 PM, My name is Legion said:

You're a pom, you wouldn't get it. <_<

On 7/25/2017 at 5:47 PM, Shortforbob said:

Point the bone (er)?

Better than you do methinks :D

Why the cunt comment that I've put in bold? Hmmm?