• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Norse Horse

Wot is this Ocean Cat ?

We saw her pull in to Telegraph Cove, BC.

She was gone quickly but my crew found out the boat was now moored in Vanc. and that there is another in Port McNeil?? The boat was in NZ and was sailed back here.

It reminded me of the G32 cabin. A google search by photos offered no clue.

Thanks for any info on this fine boat.

Tele Cove cat.jpg

Tele Cove cat2.jpg

6 minutes ago, multihuler said:

Shuttleworth 47

I was about to say a Tectron 50 with a cabin... 

7 minutes ago, SeaGul said:

Its a norwegian design by Reidar Salvesen that is based on some Shuttelworth design - that is a nice looking boat; Nessy 1400 http://www.multihulls.dk/00009/00240/00627/

It is a a little dif cabin than my pics but very nice.

Saw that boat anchored in Jericho Bay a couple of years ago. I recall paddling over and chatting with the guys on it. I vaguely recall them say they were normally berthed in Deep Cove but I might be imagining things. It's definitely one of the better proportioned cats in that length, manages to look racey but still have a proper cabin.

N.B. The reminded I'm meant to look up another cat that often visits Jericho Bay. It's a serious looking aluminum vessel called Thunder Puss. Googling let me to what could be the most annoyingly edited YouTube video ever: 

You've been warned.

she has definately a tektronic/shuttleworthy look.

Little sister to Bandaloop. 

Image result for bandaloop catamaran

I skippered BANDALOOP for a while. Great boat with LOTS of space. We were docked at an old shrimping facility in Texas that had been turned into a RV lot after the shrimp boats went broke. We could sit in the big salon behind the dark glass and listen to the Midwest farmers who wintered in their big RV's and they had some really funny misconceptions about a big cruising catamaran. Most of them thought the cat had 'slideouts' which would retract when going to sea! 

3 hours ago, Foiling Optimist said:

Saw that boat anchored in Jericho Bay a couple of years ago. I recall paddling over and chatting with the guys on it. I vaguely recall them say they were normally berthed in Deep Cove but I might be imagining things. It's definitely one of the better proportioned cats in that length, manages to look racey but still have a proper cabin.

N.B. The reminded I'm meant to look up another cat that often visits Jericho Bay. It's a serious looking aluminum vessel called Thunder Puss. Googling let me to what could be the most annoyingly edited YouTube video ever: 

You've been warned.

What a great name!

2 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Little sister to Bandaloop. 

I skippered BANDALOOP for a while. Great boat with LOTS of space. We were docked at an old shrimping facility in Texas that had been turned into a RV lot after the shrimp boats went broke. We could sit in the big salon behind the dark glass and listen to the Midwest farmers who wintered in their big RV's and they had some really funny misconceptions about a big cruising catamaran. Most of them thought the cat had 'slideouts' which would retract when going to sea! 

Very nice.

On 7/17/2017 at 2:22 PM, Norse Horse said:
On 7/17/2017 at 10:45 AM, Foiling Optimist said:

You've been warned.

What a great name!

I was scoping Thunder Puss over the weekend while I was anchored nearby for Folk Fest. Looks like a serious ride (and way nicer now that its bare metal)! Has anyone ever seen it sailing? Looks like it would have similar proprieties to one of those charter slugs people are so fond of down south.  

I have not seen Thunder Puss sailing, it just shows up at anchor periodically. It's amazing from that video how much more hardcore it looks with the paint stripped off.  I'll try to get a photo if I see it. (Sorry about the thread drift!)

On 7/17/2017 at 1:45 PM, Foiling Optimist said:

You've been warned.

At least the first 30 seconds were good.

Bandaloop! I want you!!!!!!!!Sooo badly!!!

Moon,

You could build a fleet of your Bandaloops for what went into the Shuttleworth 63 BANDALOOP. I need to find my photos of a Mexican Caribbean cruise where we had the massage table set up on the house deck just aft of the flybridge cockpit. I feel heavily in love with the massuese on that trip...

Wow, not enough bridge deck clearance, must sound like someone using sledge hammers under the cabin going to weather.