• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Unik

Construction of a trailer yacht Lion 550 Adrenaline

31 posts in this topic

We begin construction of the yacht Lion 550 Adrenaline here we will describe in detail the progress of the construction of a new boat.

The boat is built by an amateur, we will show all the stages of construction, from cutting the plywood to launching the boat on the water so I hope the topic will be interesting.

Main dimensions Data
Length overall                         5.5 m
Waterline length 5.5 m
Maximum width 2.50 m
Overall width 2.08 m
Draught keel 0.25/1.5 m
Sail area 22
Ballast 250 kg.
Full displacement 1.0 t.
Capacity 4 persons.

26.jpg

23.jpg

thumbViberDownloads1.jpg

kit set.jpg

Looks like a great little boat for a bargain price. How does it sail?

Two boats on the go at once is just indulgement! Thanks Unik, keep 'em coming.

Nice!

Overall I like it. I'm not a fan of the extra upper chine just under the deck - extra weight, one more seam to fair, and keeps crew bums inboard when you want it outboard. Probably nicer to hike with though.

16 часов назад, Серый рассвет сказал:

Похоже на отличную лодку по выгодной цене. Как он плывет?

It will be a good and quick swim, and it'll bring a lot of pleasure to its owner.

15 hours ago, DFL1010 said:

Интересно сравнить это с i550 -  http://www.i550sportboat.com/  и длинной нитью в спортивной лодке:

Похоже, есть еще много ... все с этим дизайном.

If I compare Lion 550 and i550 this will not be an objective opinion, of course I will put more pluses Lion 550, but if someone does an independent evaluation, I will be very happy.

15 hours ago, HFC Hunter said:

Two boats on the go at once is just indulgement! Thanks Unik, keep 'em coming.

Thank you, we make good boats. )))

11 hours ago, Zonker said:

Overall I like it. I'm not a fan of the extra upper chine just under the deck - extra weight, one more seam to fair, and keeps crew bums inboard when you want it outboard. Probably nicer to hike with though.

The line breakage under the deck allows you to get an additional volume inside the yacht, and at the same time the board of the yacht does not look tall.
In addition, this scrapping creates an additional rigidity of the yacht

1 hour ago, Unik said:

The line breakage under the deck allows you to get an additional volume inside the yacht, and at the same time the board of the yacht does not look tall.
In addition, this scrapping creates an additional rigidity of the yacht

I'd paint that top chine the same colour as the deck in that case, I think that should be enough to trick the eye into thinking the boat is lower.

Our boat has a dark blue hull, and the top 1/3rd of the coach roof is also dark blue, from afar makes the whole thing look much lower then it is.

Nice, I want one!   I'm liking the idea of an 18' boat more and more,  2 1/2 bunks, porta potti, lift keel.  There's a boat on the north coast here called the spider 550 I quite like too

1 hour ago, N1772 said:

I'd paint that top chine the same colour as the deck in that case, I think that should be enough to trick the eye into thinking the boat is lower.

Our boat has a dark blue hull, and the top 1/3rd of the coach roof is also dark blue, from afar makes the whole thing look much lower then it is.

In fact coloring options are the choice of boat owner, I can only give recommendations. 

1 hour ago, Spoonie said:

Nice, I want one!   I'm liking the idea of an 18' boat more and more,  2 1/2 bunks, porta potti, lift keel.  There's a boat on the north coast here called the spider 550 I quite like too

I'm very fond of fast small boats, a boat for young and active, even students can afford it, and the ability to drive it on a trailer saves money in the parking lot and allows a significant expansion of the travel geography area.

I like the work of designers Elan. A nice boat, but she did not act as a prototype. )))

Very interesting. Is it within the micro class? Apparently the class is quite strong in Poland. 

Presumably the 1.0t displacement is fully loaded? I think that the plywood "corsaire " weight like 600kg. Plywood is great for boats like this. Probably the best material as you end up with a very strong and stiff light boat without breaking the bank. 

5 hours ago, Panoramix said:

Very interesting. Is it within the micro class? Apparently the class is quite strong in Poland. 

Presumably the 1.0t displacement is fully loaded? I think that the plywood "corsaire " weight like 600kg. Plywood is great for boats like this. Probably the best material as you end up with a very strong and stiff light boat without breaking the bank. 

I did not design the Lion 550 according to the rules of the "Micro" class, when designing, I set myself to get a simple design, a fast, inexpensive and easy-to-build yacht.

You are right, the displacement of 1t is the total displacement taking into account the reserves and crew, the weight of the empty yacht will be from 450 to 600 kg, depending on the available plywood, and observance of the weight discipline in the construction.

We are on the Black Sea coast in Ukraine.

That's really good, if you manage to build it under 500kg, it will be really fast.

We will seek to arrive at these values

All frame frames have been assembled, the surface has been polished in the place where the puzzles are joined.We will seek to arrive at these values

More info

1.jpg

Installing the kit on the slipway and assembling the hull Lion 550
The whole construction is assembled in one working day

More info

1.jpg

Assembling of structures yacht building, gluing.
To date, the assembly of the yacht body is coming to an end, and the gluing of all the structural details, the design has gained stiffness and shape.

more info

0-02-05-abb5a8a8fd26b669383f51a63435fab2dd5f7a2952528d95206a5ca01eee7ef5_full.jpg

0-02-05-db00befbc8c865e93a472f5509f25f73fb4f5e9c93fcb594350a5d56336909ee_full.jpg

A little more adrenaline, began to sew up the body of the outer skin, installed a bottom plate.
For all about everything today, 15 sheets of plywood, 0.5 kg of epoxy resin and five days of work have been used.

more info

0-02-05-06a3554c5a3d4883157b2e45daa6a23914b979115c023933c783aca1240f1d5a_full.jpg

0-02-05-ad7cde8954707b45253b09b20a6ca0a8db7e3efeaac22ea88fbeaf05333f5d1f_full.jpg

Forced simple, in anticipation of delivery of ordered materials, fiberglass, epoxy and the second part of the cutting.
But the work continues, took several hours to install the straps for fixing the lining of the lockers in the case.

More info

1.jpg

What is the mast and boom construction,  carbon fiber or aluminum? And price for plans? Thanks

I like the look and have some interest.

Carbon is an expensive pleasure, we design boats that will be accessible to everyone, so aluminum is used as the base material for the mast. But if anyone wants to use carbon, we will not object. The use of carbon fiber will have many positive moments for such a boat.

You can find out the price by sending an e-mail inquiry unikyachts@gmail.com

Ok, I was on the site earlier...aluminum it is!

Сontinues construction of the Lion 550

Received the ordered materials, the work continues, on the approach the second part of the cutting is also 15 sheets.
Almost all hull structures are assembled, straps are installed, in the places of joints and intersections of plywood parts, fillets are made and pasted with fiberglass tape.

More info

1.jpg