Barnyb

AC36 Auckland NZ

11 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

It’s the arse end of something 

but the end of that tent looks less than 75ft away 

It's their test boat (of course...)

The not 75ft test boat they arent building? 

Or there is going to be one fucking huge gantry going forward from the section of stern we can see lol (I am joking incase anyone thinks it’s genuine speculation)

Won’t be long now anyway :-)

52 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Very good point.

7 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Wat?

Those guys are wearing American Magic crew gear & the stern has the NYYC burgee on it

yysw233446.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hoom said:

Wat?

Those guys are wearing American Magic crew gear & the stern has the NYYC burgee on it

yysw233446.jpg

Oops.. assumed it was a kiwi topic and it was kiwi content in the frame of the vid, being tired and not wearing contacts didn’t help, yep that’s  the mule arse end on the cradle 

my bad!

52 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Welcome to the Clown AC 75 Cup!

Go back to the prolly pathetic snarky clownGP series 

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Go back to the prolly pathetic snarky clownGP series 

He is missing dg I am sure.  They have such a great dynamic going on there and he can be instrumental to sd making his compensation benchmarks.

AC72 = boat that did not last after its Cup cycle.  AC50 did not last more than one Cup cycle. Perhaps eras of very long lived Cup classes have ended as technology advances?  Fastest boat...design.

2 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

AC 75 = Unsustainable Boat which won't last until after this Cup Cycle. ETNZ need to downsize it.

Not for this cycle they don't. And who gives a fuck!? Its never been seen before, and there's no guarantee ETNZ will win this cycle anyway so its not up to them to think about the next cycle, so STFU and enjoy it while it lasts or Fuck off!

• Like 1

WINNER PICKED THE BOAT in 2021 cycle.  Gee, none of the agreement teams won!  ETNZ won hands down. Who woulda thunk?!?

1988 was a long time ago.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Go home hiding into your NZL Basement.

Winners are grinners Daniel.

• Like 3

Looking into travel arrangements, do we know any dates more specific than Jan/Feb for the CSS  and March for the Match?

The "Christmas Race" last part of the ACWS is scheduled to run between the 10th and 20th December , the Prada Cup at the moment is just listed as Jan/Feb at the moment. 

I suppose until they know exactly how many teams will get here they're not certain how many races they'll need to organise, so as all the teams will already be in Akl there's no need to be more specific.

We enjoy our summer here, half the country seems to take xmas eve through to first week of Feb off and go sailing. So with the amount challengers that seem likely to be here, it wouldn't be a rash guess to say things probably won't kick off on the Prada Cup front until the latter half of Jan as the organisers will be doing their own thing over xmas/new year.

If you've not been to NZ before then try and give yourself at least a couple of months here, between race days you'd be a fool not travel around a bit, it's a very beautiful country and Akl is far from the #1 place to visit in NZ.

2 minutes ago, Woolfy said:

The "Christmas Race" last part of the ACWS is scheduled to run between the 10th and 20th December , the Prada Cup at the moment is just listed as Jan/Feb at the moment. 

I suppose until they know exactly how many teams will get here they're not certain how many races they'll need to organise, so as all the teams will already be in Akl there's no need to be more specific.

We enjoy our summer here, half the country seems to take xmas eve through to first week of Feb off and go sailing. So with the amount challengers that seem likely to be here, it wouldn't be a rash guess to say things probably won't kick off on the Prada Cup front until the latter half of Jan as the organisers will be doing their own thing over xmas/new year.

If you've not been to NZ before then try and give yourself at least a couple of months here, between race days you'd be a fool not travel around a bit, it's a very beautiful country and Akl is far from the #1 place to visit in NZ.

Thanks Woolfy, were there during xmas/newyears for the 31st Cup, remember going to Piha beach, and of course Rangitoto, amongst other places. 

Won’t be possible to stay for long durations so I’ll have to fly in and out for the race intensive periods.

America's Cup: What's keeping Ernesto Bertarelli away from Auckland 2021

Bertarelli admitted he was on the brink of getting back into the Cup game as he watched the foiling catamarans at Bermuda 2017 with great temptation, but said the decision by winners Emirates Team New Zealand to change the design class again had kept him away.

“I need to see what is going to happen in New Zealand and then you need to see who is in charge, who they choose as a challenger.

“I like stability because ultimately the magic in the America’s Cup is the matchup. You need to try to find a way to bring the teams together.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/americas-cup/121940894/americas-cup-whats-keeping-ernesto-bertarelli-away-from-auckland-2021

• Like 1

welp another advantage of the AC75... it keeps douchebags away...

• Like 1

Ernie talks shit about big budgets like he won without having one! Him and Larry are like 2 peas in a pod. It’s great when you’re winning but as soon as you lose “oh the Magic is gone” screw Ernie. The Cup is better off without him.

I liked the part about the wingsail. EB says he thought well I'd have to pay another $30 million for one, decided not to. 

Guess the magic was gone by then or at least not as good as keeping the $30 million. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 3:02 PM, Tornado-Cat said:

America's Cup: What's keeping Ernesto Bertarelli away from Auckland 2021

Bertarelli admitted he was on the brink of getting back into the Cup game as he watched the foiling catamarans at Bermuda 2017 with great temptation, but said the decision by winners Emirates Team New Zealand to change the design class again had kept him away.

“I need to see what is going to happen in New Zealand and then you need to see who is in charge, who they choose as a challenger.

“I like stability because ultimately the magic in the America’s Cup is the matchup. You need to try to find a way to bring the teams together.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/americas-cup/121940894/americas-cup-whats-keeping-ernesto-bertarelli-away-from-auckland-2021

as he watched the foiling catamarans at Bermuda 2017 with great temptation, but said the decision by winners Emirates Team New Zealand to change the design class again had kept him away.

Didn't bother to watch the video to see if it was Bertarelli who got it wrong or whether it was Planet Sail, or, in turn, Stuff which shared this steaming pile of shit. Good example  of how sloppy reporting does the America's Cup no favour.

Is there any substance out there to the rumours that one of the (three left) challengers is pulling out? Prada looks the most suspect based on history and Mr Bertelli's clear aversion to the new class of boat. All the NZ covid restrictions would give him an excuse. I can't see BA allowing the INEOS gravy train stopping without a fight and American Magic are already stuck there with a boat. 

42 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

Is there any substance out there to the rumours that one of the (three left) challengers is pulling out? Prada looks the most suspect based on history and Mr Bertelli's clear aversion to the new class of boat. All the NZ covid restrictions would give him an excuse. I can't see BA allowing the INEOS gravy train stopping without a fight and American Magic are already stuck there with a boat. 

What rumours...??

• Like 1

Would not be at all surprised if Prada walks away.

Their effort in San Fransisco ran as far as to purchase a TNZ design package and they did not front Bermuda.

To date they must be lighter by some $100 mil and given the present and future global economic scenario do they have the appetite to spend another $100 mil.

7 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Would not be at all surprised if Prada walks away.

Their effort in San Fransisco ran as far as to purchase a TNZ design package and they did not front Bermuda.

To date they must be lighter by some $100 mil and given the present and future global economic scenario do they have the appetite to spend another $100 mil.

Good to know that you are in such close contact with their accounting department :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, uflux said:

Good to know that you are in such close contact with their accounting department :lol:

Pretty simple accounting really quit while you are ahead.

The last campaign the handbags competed in was definitely not an enthusiastic affair more a trial horse for a TNZ ill fated campaign and throwing the toys out of the cot for AC35 coupled with the moaning about cost and complexity of AC36 one wonders what their motivation is exactly.

Just now, Priscilla said:

Pretty simple accounting really quit while you are ahead.

The last campaign the handbags competed in was definitely not an enthusiastic affair more a trial horse for a TNZ ill fated campaign and throwing the toys out of the cot for AC35 coupled with the moaning about cost and complexity of AC36 one wonders what their motivation is exactly.

Amazing!! Turning unfounded speculation and innuendo into fact...that’s quite an achievement.

I guess that is why Luna Rosa is out sailing so much. :D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, uflux said:

guess that is why Luna Rosa is out sailing so much:D

Videos? 

6 hours ago, uflux said:

I guess that is why Luna Rosa is out sailing so much. :D

Rossa curse you, Rossa. Rosa is pink

• Like 1

They do likely have schedule problems with B2 (understandably so) and their NZ base looks more like a ‘maybe’ than the original commitment. 

But in more recent events, the team appears to be fully up, sailing fast, in truly idyllic conditions. They also resolved an apparent dispute recently over event funding (the Arb Panel case brought against them by ETNZ) which is a positive sign too. 

There is no way LR are withdrawing from this AC. They aren’t due in Auckland until October so there’s no rush to have their base operational until then. 

16 hours ago, winchfodder said:

Tom E mentioned it in a recent podcast.

15 hours ago, winchfodder said:

Videos? 

Have you been living in a cave??

Maybe S+S can hire Jimmy. Oh I forgot they got no money.

27 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

True but they may well have a boat say in under six weeks.

58 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

I recommend GD get cash in hand before giving them the keys to the boat. Or they might not pay for that either.

I did have a feeling that LR were neither here nor there with this one.

They have plowed so much money into the challenger series with not much to come from it. Only kiwis watching...

2 hours ago, Priscilla said:

If they can’t pay for the package they have from ETNZ....How would they ever pay for a completed boat?? 
S&S remains dead in the water

On 7/26/2020 at 12:50 PM, NeedAClew said:

Well, none of their own at least, Clew. But that's never really been a problem in the AC.

43 minutes ago, Saro Scimitar Sunshine said:

Great, so we'll have to pay to watch it.

You don't have to pay for anything that comes through the pipes. I wish I could download beer sometimes.

4 hours ago, Saro Scimitar Sunshine said:

Great, so we'll have to pay to watch it.

I’m sure you will be able to watch it for free on the net, an AC App, maybe screen-cast YT onto whatever screen you like. For Canal+ subscribers it will just be simpler.

3 minutes ago, Colomba said:

One hears the cup is moving away from NZ no matter who wins the final race!

One hears wrong.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:32 AM, chesirecat said:

Tom E mentioned it in a recent podcast.

True story cuz

2 hours ago, Colomba said:

I don’t think the NZ government would be to happy to hear about this considering the money there given TNZ. If so I expect a massive tax bill heading there way 

6 hours ago, Colomba said:

They are moving it to Sydney, lol?

11 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

They are moving it to Sydney, lol?

You obviously don't have clue, Clew.

I was attending a dinner with Dalts, not so long ago, and (over) heard him grunt that if Cunt Trump wins Michigan and Florida, DeVos will make him an offer he cannot refuse.

The AC will move to Holland on Lake Michigan, and the twin-skin main will be replaced by a windmill, and the foils by wooden shoes. Also prayers will be compulsory inside the proximty box.

Alternatively they might move to Pensacola in Florida, in which case the nationality rule will be replaced by an age rule of half the crew over 90, and the other half must test Covid-19 positive.

You heard it first here on Sailing Anarchy Illustrated, and here the pictures, so it must be true.

windmill_boat_professor_brad_blackford_armdale_yacht_club_under_way.jpg.b85087b89d3e0524ee268cd5e2b0ef85.jpg

clog-boat-harbour-start-volvo-ocean-race-dutch-shoe-book-volvo-ocean-race-alicante-102410619.jpg.9f607bdc6289b107e86f6a1bae9d2a46.jpg