Sign in to follow this  
Angie

Toronto Harbour (Canada)

Pm me 

have two boats always looking 

race Wed nights and Thurs but sail pretty most days so also a good app one to learn and practice

On 2017-07-20 at 0:51 PM, Angie said:

Looking to crew in different kinds of boats

I understand your wanting to gain experience in different types of boats; but you should be aware that from the perspective of a skipper/owner, a desirable crewmember is someone who is prepared to make a commitment to an entire season's program. People who jump on and off several different boats are generally viewed as unreliable time-wasters.

On 2017-07-21 at 8:57 PM, jetfuel said:

Pm me 

have two boats always looking

Boats that are always looking for new crew generally have retention problems due to abusive skippers or similar issues. Not saying it isn't worth trying, but personally I'd rather join a crew that isn't "always looking".

On 2017-09-29 at 9:44 AM, Svanen said:

I understand your wanting to gain experience in different types of boats; but you should be aware that from the perspective of a skipper/owner, a desirable crewmember is someone who is prepared to make a commitment to an entire season's program. People who jump on and off several different boats are generally viewed as unreliable time-wasters.

Boats that are always looking for new crew generally have retention problems due to abusive skippers or similar issues. Not saying it isn't worth trying, but personally I'd rather join a crew that isn't "always looking".

Try owning two boats nd filling 12 positions especially if you are in a very small yacht club with very few racers 

On 9/29/2017 at 6:44 AM, Svanen said:

In my experience, "always looking" is the reality that the owners have a crew pool of nearly twice the boat complement in an effort to get to the start line each week at least 80% of the crew positions filled.  Been there, played that game...and now race 2 up because I have 100% confidence that the entire crew will show up each day.

Reasons for this were discussed here

On 2017-11-10 at 6:13 PM, jetfuel said:

a very small yacht club with very few racers

Alexandra YC?

At one point I would have thought you were referring to Island YC, but currently it seems to be a mere country club, with no racing at all.

Sad to see 

Alexandra is a great little club though and I enjoy it a lot 

we get to race with the National Wed nights and Alexandra has it’s own night on Thursdays

most of my racing is done in the LOSHRs and other distance races double or single handed on the Figaro

w/l on the Farr 25