• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sol Rosenberg

So Long Spicey, We'll Miss Ya

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

Bannon next?

Stephanie Ruhle @SRuhle

WH insider tells me-Bannon told Scaramucci this morning. "Over my dead body will you get this job!!" somebody better check Bannon's pulse

Melania.

45 minutes ago, Sean said:

Bannon next?

Stephanie Ruhle @SRuhle

WH insider tells me-Bannon told Scaramucci this morning. "Over my dead body will you get this job!!" somebody better check Bannon's pulse

NYT now reporting that Scaramucci will not be joining the west wing right away, due to conflict problems that will take time to clear up, perhaps several months.  

20 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

NYT now reporting that Scaramucci will not be joining the west wing right away, due to conflict problems that will take time to clear up, perhaps several months.  

They're tallying up the Russian meetings.  Could be a while.

28 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

now hold on a minute.

So this WH is so inept, that they hire a new Comms Director, who the existing guy hates and therefore leaves, but the new guy can't even come to work - and may never be able to come to work?

Aye Carumba. 

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

now hold on a minute.

So this WH is so inept, that they hire a new Comms Director, who the existing guy hates and therefore leaves, but the new guy can't even come to work - and may never be able to come to work?

Aye Carumba. 

As long as he doesn't recuse himself.  Dolt45 doesn't hire people who will recuse themselves.  Very very unfair.

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

now hold on a minute.

Aye Carumba. 

easy there. This is the Democrats fault. Somehow.

23 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

now hold on a minute.

Aye Carumba. 

He's at the podium and said he expected to start in a couple of weeks.  And the new drinking game is a shot for every time this guy says that he loves the president.

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

They're tallying up the Russian meetings.  Could be a while.

More like Chinese meetings  B)

Wait for it.......

1 hour ago, austin1972 said:

SNL is displeased.

Won't be if they can get him to host a show and parody himself...do a face to face with McCarthy...ala Palin/Fey?

There's a paycheck just sitting there for ya Spicy...all ya gotta do pick that bad boy up.  

Off to join Baghdad Bob in the spin-zone hall of fame,  where facts never see the light of day.

Anybody else think he was looking for a good reason to bolt for the past couple months ?

36 minutes ago, Great Red Shark said:

Off to join Baghdad Bob in the spin-zone hall of fame,  where facts never see the light of day.

Anybody else think he was looking for a good reason to bolt for the past couple months ?

It looked to me like he was struggling mightily from day one, to stand there and repeat The Pride of New York's farcical Bull Malarkey.  

Just now, Sean said:

I hope Spicey isn't the leaker. Would be a huge loss. 

If he's pissed off enough, he could start now.

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

I hope Spicey isn't the leaker. Would be a huge loss. 

His nickname in college was "Sean Sphincter"..... If he's the leaker, does that make him a leaky sphincter?.....

1 hour ago, Great Red Shark said:

I once took a job in Vegas. It paid really well but once I learned of the actual motives, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I still feel remorse for enabling that fucking place. High profits are available if you're willing to ruin lives.

Only in Trumpland is it a slow news day when the press secretary quits.

1 minute ago, pond sailor said:

Did anybody else find Scaramucci's comment when wishing Spicer well kind of bizarre  "I hope he makes a lot of money" 

Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will he do the Fandango? Thunderbolts and lightening very very frightening?? 

6 minutes ago, pond sailor said:

Did anybody else find Scaramucci's comment when wishing Spicer well kind of bizarre  "I hope he makes a lot of money" 

(Under his breath, saying: "I hope you get hit by a bus walking across the fucking street tonight, and nobody notices for 3 days that you're jammed up inside the fender well, you simpering faggot....")

3 hours ago, SV Airlie said:

I wonder what planet Trump dug him up on?

Lawng Island

19 minutes ago, dacapo said:

Lawng Island

Lawn Guy Land.

He's a much snappier dresser than Spicey, so he's got that going for him. 

1 hour ago, austin1972 said:

Groan...Spare me from this monstrosity.

Too late, my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine,
Body's aching all the time.
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth.

I watched this Scaramucci at the announcement. He is a hell of a lot more poised and well spoken than Spicer.

Can't say I know any more than that about him other than he's another Goldman alumnus. He seemed quite intelligent but then he's gone to work for Trump so.......

The Goldman Sachs people sure have the right idea - screw spending a huge amount of money buying influence at the White House - just take it over.

15 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I watched this Scaramucci at the announcement. He is a hell of a lot more poised and well spoken than Spicer.

Can't say I know any more than that about him other than he's another Goldman alumnus. He seemed quite intelligent but then he's gone to work for Trump so.......

The Goldman Sachs people sure have the right idea - screw spending a huge amount of money buying influence at the White House - just take it over.

I suspect it's the other way around. Trump is surrounding himself with US bankers hoping he will find a way to get them to lend money to his family again. I believe the main reason he snuggles up to Putin is they don't care that he's a known deadbeat and loan him money anyway. They like to get a US corp cover for their investments as a check against the US government's habit of throwing our world currency weight around capriciously...unilateral sanctions and shit. 

The Russians don't care if he's a deadbeat may seem odd...but they will use mob connections to get their money back if he tries a fast one on them. Russians reserve the right to fuck you up...if worse comes to worse. Project itself loses money? They know that shit happens...but rip-offs are swimming in verrrrrry deep water with them. Goldman Sachs calls lawyers...they call baboons. 

12 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Watch out Spicey!

Sean Spicer is a wonderful person who took tremendous abuse from the Fake News Media - but his future is bright!

Nighttime auto accident has just been requested of Putin.    Hit and run before any book deal.   

Good article from Vanity Fair

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/has-donald-trump-finally-entered-the-death-spiral

HAS TRUMP FINALLY ENTERED THE DEATH SPIRAL?

Trump’s conviction, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, is that in times of trouble his salvation lies in becoming less presidential and breaking more rules. The hiring of Anthony Scaramucci is just the latest example.
Trump appears to trust none of his staffers at this point, apart from close family, and that family gives dubious advice. Recall that son-in-law Jared Kushner was among those pressing for Trump to fire James Comey, while Bannon was among those counseling restraint. Following Kushner’s advice led Trump right into a prolonged date with Robert Mueller. This time, opposing the decision to hire Scaramucci were Spicer, Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, and Bannon. Supporting it was, yes, Kushner, Ivanka Trump, and—according to reportsHope Hicks.

If Trump insists on disregarding sound advice from his staffers in favor of dumb advice from family, his decisions will get worse, not that they were great to begin with, and more and more people will leave the White House only to be replaced by less competent hires. While the lure of the White House is huge and someone will always say yes to a job there, the quality of newcomers is going to plummet. People see how poorly Trump treats his hires. (This wasn’t so clear back when Trump was in the private sector, and employees had to sign onerous non-disclosure agreements.) When they displease him, he lets it be known in public. This week, he even told The New York Times that he regretted making Jeff Sessions attorney general.

As competence diminishes and the dependence on family increases, performance will get even worse, and Trump will increasingly follow his whims. Indications are strong that Trump itches daily to fire Mueller, which would set off a giant mess. “If Trump doesn’t fire Mueller, it will only be because every other day he’s talked out of following his instincts,” writes Rich Lowry in the National Review. And we can see now how much that advice matters. If Trump goes that far, even Republicans will start to sour openly on their president. Partisanship runs strong, and checks on the White House come far too late when the majority party is that of the sitting president, especially if it’s the Republican Party. But they come eventually. Republicans live here, too.

And the descent just feels speedier these days. Nearly every week of the Trump presidency has been dizzying. “He has trouble putting together two good days,” observed Axios’s Mike Allen back in May. “Some of his friends tell me they’d now settle for one. But today we’re fast approaching the point when the goal is becoming two good hours, and friends will settle for one. Or maybe zero. Zero is starting to look pretty good. You can blame the press or the deep state for Trump’s ceaseless woes, but Trump remains his own worst foil. Trump’s conviction, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, is that in times of trouble his salvation lies in becoming less presidential and breaking more rules. The hiring of Scaramucci is just the latest example.

Years after the death of Mao Zedong, who had led China to successive disasters after taking office, those who’d been his loyalists explained that Mao had been proved right so often during the years of civil war that they began to ascribe almost supernatural wisdom to him. This faith persisted even as things were going off the rails. You could say that something similar is true of Trump’s most fanatical loyalists, like internet radio host Bill Mitchell. They saw Trump defy all expectations and believed he must be a god. Worse, Trump himself saw, and appeared to believe the same thing. And now it’s speeding him to the exit.

Trump always misunderstood the power of his issues: immigration, trade, and war. He failed to see that he’d won the nomination—and perhaps the presidency—as soon as he’d broken rudely, and boldly, with the establishment in the summer of 2015. Instead, he spent the following year obstinately testing the loyalty of his followers by engaging in spectacular and non-stop self-sabotage, and crediting it with his victories. If Trump exits his job in a matter of months, which suddenly feels weirdly possible, we’ll all be left scratching our heads, trying to figure out what the hell it was all about, and wondering how someone who sold Americans on a near-revolutionary break with convention could win it all and lose it all so fast.

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Why are you comparing him with Spicer.  Director of Communications vs Press Secretary.  

1-   I understand that Spicer was getting paid about $170,000 / year.  Not bad but there is no way I would humiliate myself the way he has for that little dough

2-   If he knew he was "resigning" he should have had some fun with it-  Some good one-liners at Donny's expense would have been great

3-   Good bet that the book advance has been in his bank account for a month, the book has already been (ghost) written, and it will be on the shelves very soon.  Look for Spidey on the book tour in a town near you any day now!

Other than the book deal I really don't like Spicer's job prospects going forward. How many people have had the opportunity to show their lack of brain power and integrity, not to mention articulateness in quite such a dramatic, public forum. And it is not as if the Republican Party and its sycophants feels like it owes him anything.

17 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Other than the book deal I really don't like Spicer's job prospects going forward. How many people have had the opportunity to show their lack of brain power and integrity, not to mention articulateness in quite such a dramatic, public forum. And it is not as if the Republican Party and its sycophants feels like it owes him anything.

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here.

•  

21 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Remember, he worked for The Party long before he worked for New York's Finest. He will get both a book deal and a lucrative new assignment. I'm not sure he did enough for a gig offering opinion as fact on Foxy News (and he definitely lacks the tits for it), but I wouldn't rule it out. 

Did spicey sign a no disclosure with Trump prior to taking the job?  Could taint his book deals.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Remember, he worked for The Party long before he worked for New York's Finest. He will get both a book deal and a lucrative new assignment. I'm not sure he did enough for a gig offering opinion as fact on Foxy News (and he definitely lacks the tits for it), but I wouldn't rule it out. 

You'd have to be terribly short sighted to think otherwise. except for the Fox news gig. He'll be looked after but not put in the public eye IMO

SHuckS will be a boring and slightly more competent replacement for Spicey.  The Mooch must be quite a charmer for even worms like Bannon and Spicey to be so violently opposed to him.

Given that the Mooch was a bundler for Obama, and dissed Trump during primary season, I wonder what he could have done to get Team Trump to want him so badly now.  Maybe the theory that Russian money is going to pull the rug out from under Trump Enterprises if he doesn't make with the sanctions is true and he's trying to get juiced in with U.S. banks again.

The Mooch gives the impression of being the almost perfect combination of sleaze and arrogance.  One again I am reminded of the Chinese proverb: may you live in interesting times.  Is that supposed to be a blessing or a curse?

2 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

Did spicey sign a no disclosure with Trump prior to taking the job?  Could taint his book deals.

I'm sure he was only selflessly serving his country and it never even entered his mind.

He's a patriot after all! 

52 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

The Mooch gives the impression of being the almost perfect combination of sleaze and arrogance.  One again I am reminded of the Chinese proverb: may you live in interesting times.  Is that supposed to be a blessing or a curse?

He's totally the 80's guy from Futurama:

Just like Jay Sekulow is totally the Blue Haired Lawyer from The Simpsons:

"He is the most competitive person I've ever met. I've seen this guy throw a dead spiral through a tire. I've seen him at Madison Square Garden with a topcoat on, standing in the key and he's hitting foul shots and swishing them, okay? He sinks three-foot putts. I don't see this guy as a guy that's ever under siege. This is a very, very competitive person." 
-Anthony Scaramucci at his press conference

There was a time when we laughed at the absurdity of such obvious horseshit emanating from North Korea. Now, we are treated to the same fawning hero-worship in the White House.

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

"He is the most competitive person I've ever met. I've seen this guy throw a dead spiral through a tire. I've seen him at Madison Square Garden with a topcoat on, standing in the key and he's hitting foul shots and swishing them, okay? He sinks three-foot putts. I don't see this guy as a guy that's ever under siege. This is a very, very competitive person." 
-Anthony Scaramucci at his press conference

There was a time when we laughed at the absurdity of such obvious horseshit emanating from North Korea. Now, we are treated to the same fawning hero-worship in the White House.

"I taught Seth Curry how to shoot. I also wrote "Sweet Georgia Brown". Teriffic song. Many people are saying that."  CcJFwWYVAAEmV-4.jpg

Scarface looks like a cross between a character on The Sopranos, and an Evil (Michael J. Fox) Alex Keating.

A cartoon of wall street goes mobster...

This is almost too funny to believe, and if it came from anyone but Trump, I'd check the calendar to make sure it wasn't March 32nd.

@Mark K Fuck you!  I've had that damn song in my head all day and all night.  Arrrggghhh!

3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

@Mark K Fuck you!  I've had that damn song in my head all day and all night.  Arrrggghhh!

It's an empty space so I bet the reverb was terrific.

The thread title is shit. I will not miss any of the Kakistocracy and will cheer each departure 

5 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

The thread title is shit. I will not miss any of the Kakistocracy and will cheer each departure 

Are you kidding?  He was a cartoon character. He didn't even try to pretend that his gibberish was in any way connected to reality. He was our own Iraqi Minister of Information. If you think he was pernicious, just wait until we get someone spreading the Malarkey smoothly, with a straight face. 

Are you kidding?  He was a cartoon character. He didn't even try to pretend that his gibberish was in any way connected to reality. He was our own Iraqi Minister of Information. If you think he was pernicious, just wait until we get someone spreading the Malarkey smoothly, with a straight face. 

kinda like the difference between chunky and smooth peanut butter

19 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

It's an empty space so I bet the reverb was terrific.

OK, you're generally a sick gutter-snipe when it comes to Princess Jeffie.... but that was funny.

On 7/21/2017 at 11:42 PM, Cal20sailor said:

Why are you comparing him with Spicer.  Director of Communications vs Press Secretary.  

My point was that he's not even the front man and he's way better at it than Spicer.

I've watched Presidential politics since Kennedy and I've never seen a press sec. remotely as out of his depth and incompetent as Spicer. He was like some freshly minted sales manager taking a public speaking course - pitiful.

On 7/22/2017 at 8:02 AM, jerseyguy said:

It's a curse.

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

My point was that he's not even the front man and he's way better at it than Spicer.

I've watched Presidential politics since Kennedy and I've never seen a press sec. remotely as out of his depth and incompetent as Spicer. He was like some freshly minted sales manager taking a public speaking course - pitiful.

Hopefully, the door doesn't hit him in the back of the head on the way out. 

12 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

He seemed to me to be terribly uncomfortable repeating obvious misinformation.  He has 17 years in the Navy Reserves, a sign that he quite likely has a good bit more honor than his boss, and has certainly given a hell of a lot more service to the country than his boss has.  

7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He seemed to me to be terribly uncomfortable repeating obvious misinformation.  He has 17 years in the Navy Reserves, a sign that he quite likely has a good bit more honor than his boss, and has certainly given a hell of a lot more service to the country than his boss has.  

I'm surprised to hear that, but when you lie for a living in any profession I think you left your honor at the door.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

I'm surprised to hear that, but when you lie for a living in any profession I think you left your honor at the door.

Agreed, but he clearly struggled with it.  

He developed bone spurs in his conscience.  The new guy makes it obvious he will swallow.  

The new guy is Wall Street - psychopathy is a principal job requirement. They don't merely lack a conscience, they have no comprehension of what the word means.

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I genuinely felt bad for Spicey. That's why I liked the SNL skits; it brought some levity to the whole deal.

On 7/21/2017 at 11:18 PM, Lark said:

Nighttime auto accident has just been requested of Putin.    Hit and run before any book deal.   

They should use Clintons people.

25 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

So, Scaramucci is busy deleting the Tweets he wrote when he wasnt beholden to the Messiah. But, he can't really think they just vaporize, can he?

Read 'em and weep. Or, laugh. Your choice.

OMG, that's some funny shit!